Search found 15 matches

by galadran
Thu Jun 02, 2011 11:45 pm UTC
Forum: Mathematics
Topic: A criminal hides in a room with 99 innocent people...
Replies: 13
Views: 4527

Re: A criminal hides in a room with 99 innocent people...

Firstly lets take the person in front of us, who has 1% chance of being the criminal. In the event they are, there is a 95% chance the machine will print out Guilty and a 5% chance it will print out Innocent. If the person in front of us is innocent (99% probability) then there is a 5% chance it wil...
by galadran
Fri Jan 29, 2010 9:33 pm UTC
Forum: Coding
Topic: Having trouble with threading and events
Replies: 5
Views: 1157

Re: Having trouble with threading and events

Hm Background Worker class certainly looks handy, I'm not so bothered about handling the threading myself, its more getting the separate threads to play together as it were. I know VB is generally considered a beginners language, and hence not much real development goes on for it, but does anyone ha...
by galadran
Thu Jan 28, 2010 11:39 pm UTC
Forum: Coding
Topic: Having trouble with threading and events
Replies: 5
Views: 1157

Having trouble with threading and events

I'm having difficulty implementing a multi-threaded network client in VB.net for a computing project. Essentially I want to have a thread processing network events, and a thread handling the UI. Obviously I need a way to pass data between them and from the reading I've done, this is usually through ...
by galadran
Fri May 29, 2009 11:30 pm UTC
Forum: The Help Desk
Topic: A strange networking issue
Replies: 5
Views: 691

Re: A strange networking issue

This part is mainly redundant as the second reply seems to have the essence of it, I have a router with DDNS setup and a webserver running on a local laptop. Whenever I type in my domain name outside the network, everything is fine, from inside, I get my routers local config page. Idea: Something th...
by galadran
Tue Jan 06, 2009 11:05 pm UTC
Forum: News & Articles
Topic: Atty. General Asks CA SC To Throw Out Prop 8
Replies: 109
Views: 8717

Re: Atty. General Asks CA SC To Throw Out Prop 8

A Religious Fundie regardless of the law, is not going to accept gay marriage. (Since when have religous fundies not been obviously wrong? :wink: ) In 2 you can go to the law to show they are both civil partnerships. :?: I'm sorry but I don't understand why calling them both marriage rather than a m...
by galadran
Tue Jan 06, 2009 10:36 pm UTC
Forum: News & Articles
Topic: Atty. General Asks CA SC To Throw Out Prop 8
Replies: 109
Views: 8717

Re: Atty. General Asks CA SC To Throw Out Prop 8

In 2, although they are equal under the law and homosexuals can still legally call their civil unions whatever they want, the religious fundies will refuse to acknowledge them as marriages, and still make claims that homosexual civil unions aren't equal to heterosexual civil unions In 1, although t...
by galadran
Tue Jan 06, 2009 8:56 pm UTC
Forum: News & Articles
Topic: Atty. General Asks CA SC To Throw Out Prop 8
Replies: 109
Views: 8717

Re: Atty. General Asks CA SC To Throw Out Prop 8

So... their anger and discontent excuses wrongness?
Or is this "for the greater good?

Wait, remind me again of their reaction to option 1? Is it not much the same?
by galadran
Tue Jan 06, 2009 7:57 pm UTC
Forum: News & Articles
Topic: Atty. General Asks CA SC To Throw Out Prop 8
Replies: 109
Views: 8717

Re: Atty. General Asks CA SC To Throw Out Prop 8

:? Option 1) The law calls it marriage (for both). Religious heterosexuals feel devalued. Homosexuals feel empowered/equal. Option 2) The law calls it civil union (for both). Religious heterosexuals get to call themselves whatever they want, feeling slightly, but not unfairly devalued. Homosexuals f...
by galadran
Wed Nov 26, 2008 11:05 pm UTC
Forum: General
Topic: The radical idea that women are people
Replies: 3259
Views: 310029

Re: Feminism (split from 'nfessions)

Observations: I think I remember why I never completely read the thread originally: .the crust was nice... *Cue galadran rolling his eyes and dismissing the next 20 pages as pie-related babble* (Yes, I know it was wrong of me. I repent!) Hm it seems if I want to survive among XKCDians I'm going to n...
by galadran
Wed Nov 26, 2008 7:48 pm UTC
Forum: General
Topic: The radical idea that women are people
Replies: 3259
Views: 310029

Re: Feminism (split from 'nfessions)

Hm but if as the post implies that all feminists are equalists. It extends that all masculinists are equalists. Thus both feminists and masculinists are equalists. So again, why the need for the distinction? Tangent: I'm suggesting that say a blog with two authors, a man writing about mens issues, a...
by galadran
Wed Nov 26, 2008 7:35 pm UTC
Forum: General
Topic: The radical idea that women are people
Replies: 3259
Views: 310029

Re: Feminism (split from 'nfessions)

Feminism is a belief in the political, social, and economic equality of women Taken from wikipedia article - first line. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Feminism Many of its active proponents also seek to analyze gender inequality and promote men's rights, interests, and issues. http://en.wikipedia.org...
by galadran
Wed Nov 26, 2008 7:38 am UTC
Forum: General
Topic: The radical idea that women are people
Replies: 3259
Views: 310029

Re: Feminism (split from 'nfessions)

I was in no way trying to say that what he did was any less excusable because of it!!! "(Although it certainly says something about his own character/quality of being.)" That wasn't intended to give the impression that he was in anyway excused for his actions :!: Other responses: :arrow: T...
by galadran
Wed Nov 26, 2008 6:53 am UTC
Forum: General
Topic: The radical idea that women are people
Replies: 3259
Views: 310029

Re: Feminism (split from 'nfessions)

Rape is a type of sexism? Hm Does every rapist then firmly believe that women are valueless? I'm sure the majority of *repeat* rapists do. But to the man that simply subscums to his genetic imperative - it doesnt necassirily follow that he believes all women are inferior. (Although it certainly says...
by galadran
Tue Nov 25, 2008 11:05 pm UTC
Forum: General
Topic: The radical idea that women are people
Replies: 3259
Views: 310029

Re: Feminism (split from 'nfessions)

Hm I'm going to dip my toe into what looks (from my perspective) to be shark infested water. I agree with the principles of equality, anti-discrimination and anti-stereotyping. I'm a 16 year old male so am probably speaking way out of my league on problems faced by working-age women all over the wor...
by galadran
Mon Sep 15, 2008 10:55 pm UTC
Forum: General
Topic: Strange or even mildly amusing things about your body
Replies: 1607
Views: 193943

Re: Strange or even mildly amusing things about your body

I have pectus excavement so I have a giant (but not particuarly severe) hole where my ribs meet. I have mystery set of scars on my left shoulder which look like bite marks from *something* but my parents deny all knowledge. :roll: I have grooves down the back of my skull/head when a dog managed to f...

Go to advanced search