Search found 30 matches

by Lethal Interjection
Thu Jul 03, 2008 7:06 am UTC
Forum: Logic Puzzles
Topic: Keyboard puzzle
Replies: 53
Views: 15077

Re: Keyboard puzzle

Chafing during cybr sx? (Sorry, I couldn’t resist, and I didn’t see anything in the rules prohibiting answers that incorporate jokes.) I was definitely going to make a similar joke. I mean if your KY isn't working, that is real trouble. I'm really, really surprised it took that long for the joke to...
by Lethal Interjection
Sat Jun 14, 2008 5:56 am UTC
Forum: Logic Puzzles
Topic: Deal or no deal
Replies: 80
Views: 17728

Re: Deal or no deal?

There is an incredibly detailed analysis of deal or no deal in this paper . One small part of the paper is a study of the distribution of banker's offers. In the versions of the game they analysed (US, Dutch and German), the banker's offer starts miles off the expected value and gets closer and clo...
by Lethal Interjection
Mon Jun 09, 2008 7:11 pm UTC
Forum: Logic Puzzles
Topic: 1800s Era Defense/Assault Puzzle
Replies: 29
Views: 4047

Re: 1800s Era Defense/Assault Puzzle

I highly doubt it is possible. The geography would have to be perfect for your little defense, and then the entire world would have to have some reason to just continuing to walk in to this absolutely fantastic geographical defense bunker you have made yourself. And even then, there would be ways th...
by Lethal Interjection
Fri Jun 15, 2007 5:21 am UTC
Forum: Individual XKCD Comic Threads
Topic: 0277: "Long Light"
Replies: 119
Views: 32463

Oh man, there is a terrible one on my way home from work. I finish at midnight, and I am on the most major street in my area. It runs through the downtown of my little hamlet. There are 4 lights that impede me on my way home. The other three are set up on sensors, and, other than the one being too s...
by Lethal Interjection
Mon May 07, 2007 6:45 am UTC
Forum: Individual XKCD Comic Threads
Topic: 0258: "Conspiracy Theories"
Replies: 272
Views: 81592

Wow, I haven't been to this forum in a while. Quite nice, the new arrangement. I decided to return because I generally agree with the comic (I disagree with the alternate text, but mainly because I just disagree with calling something like that a conspiracy theory, as I don't feel religion can be ju...
by Lethal Interjection
Wed Feb 14, 2007 6:06 am UTC
Forum: Forum Games
Topic: 3 letters in a word
Replies: 1802
Views: 285722

blitzing (and coccyx is elementary :roll: ) wmo snowmobile Regarding snow, here in Hamilton Ontario we just got absolutely dumped on. I'm not sure how much it actually is, but my car is, itself, a snow drift right now, and I had cleaned a couple inches off of it earlier today. My old university, wh...
by Lethal Interjection
Wed Feb 14, 2007 6:01 am UTC
Forum: Logic Puzzles
Topic: You should be able to solve this!
Replies: 37
Views: 15120

Andrew wrote:
robzy wrote:Easy. NRS. (No Real Solution) :P

Rob.

If I start a company I shall call it NRS in case anyone asks me what it stands for.


You absolutely must make sure that it is a consulting company. That would be too funny.
by Lethal Interjection
Mon Feb 12, 2007 5:47 am UTC
Forum: Individual XKCD Comic Threads
Topic: 0222: "Small Talk"
Replies: 131
Views: 32408

It definitely throws people off when you answer negatively. Everyone's stock response is just "fine", so when they get something different it throws them off. And when its negative people tend to feel the need to probe further, since they asked the question, except generally they don't car...
by Lethal Interjection
Tue Feb 06, 2007 5:49 pm UTC
Forum: Logic Puzzles
Topic: A sudoku variant I invented
Replies: 3
Views: 2426

So its kind of a mix between Sudoku and Kakuro then.
by Lethal Interjection
Mon Feb 05, 2007 4:27 pm UTC
Forum: General
Topic: Another inane thread (i.e. "map your location here"
Replies: 241
Views: 47119

Booooo no one else is there from london (Canada)... (Yet) I was in London last night for a Superbowl party. I'm in Hamilton. Also, I noticed the lack of coasters, really the lack of Canadians in general on that thing. Although there seem to be a few more now, with the London one and the Oakville on...
by Lethal Interjection
Sat Feb 03, 2007 6:20 pm UTC
Forum: General
Topic: Another inane thread (i.e. "map your location here"
Replies: 241
Views: 47119

Consider me added.
by Lethal Interjection
Sat Feb 03, 2007 6:01 pm UTC
Forum: Forum Games
Topic: 3 letters in a word
Replies: 1802
Views: 285722

Xane wrote:no longer!

facsimile

ngb


mungbean

eui
by Lethal Interjection
Sat Feb 03, 2007 5:38 pm UTC
Forum: Forum Games
Topic: 3 letters in a word
Replies: 1802
Views: 285722

Xane wrote:darwinism

rae


Vertebrae

csi still stands...
by Lethal Interjection
Sat Feb 03, 2007 5:34 pm UTC
Forum: Forum Games
Topic: 3 letters in a word
Replies: 1802
Views: 285722

(umm, you screwed up twasbrillig, jellyfish doesn't have a ylf...)

underwire

csi
by Lethal Interjection
Sat Feb 03, 2007 5:12 am UTC
Forum: Forum Games
Topic: 3 letters in a word
Replies: 1802
Views: 285722

Xane wrote:stowaway

nzi


unzips

leq
by Lethal Interjection
Sat Feb 03, 2007 5:06 am UTC
Forum: Individual XKCD Comic Threads
Topic: 0218: "Nintendo Surgeon"
Replies: 98
Views: 36175

In speaking of Super Mario Bros. 1, did anybody else always just use the secret to go to World 6 and attempt to finish the game really quickly? I just never found SMB1 as interesting as 3, so yes, I would play to beat it, not to just go through it. (I could never get the hang of the second one, I'm...
by Lethal Interjection
Sat Feb 03, 2007 4:56 am UTC
Forum: Forum Games
Topic: 3 letters in a word
Replies: 1802
Views: 285722

Xane wrote:claptrap

gsh


longship

waw
by Lethal Interjection
Fri Feb 02, 2007 6:09 pm UTC
Forum: Individual XKCD Comic Threads
Topic: 0218: "Nintendo Surgeon"
Replies: 98
Views: 36175

thefiddler wrote:You mean this one?


Indeed.
by Lethal Interjection
Fri Feb 02, 2007 5:31 am UTC
Forum: Individual XKCD Comic Threads
Topic: 0218: "Nintendo Surgeon"
Replies: 98
Views: 36175

I'm... not quite old enough... but my brothers had them! It makes me think of this shirt . :D So, I guess blowing into the cartridges didn't actually help... OR SO THEY SAY. I choose to believe differently. :) Thats not nearly as good as one that I saw that had a picture of a Nintendo Cartridge and...
by Lethal Interjection
Fri Jan 26, 2007 6:42 am UTC
Forum: General
Topic: INTRODUCTIONS THREAD
Replies: 3985
Views: 696564

Smokey, my friend, you are entering a world of pain. Somehow I doubt it. I can guarantee that I've been on more harsh webboards than this. I did finally read the rules, and they are all pretty obvious. Its pretty standard message board fare. In fact, in all my posts, the only rule I broke was not d...
by Lethal Interjection
Thu Jan 25, 2007 6:13 am UTC
Forum: Logic Puzzles
Topic: I need a little help...
Replies: 28
Views: 7166

surely, if pi is truly infinite, it must contain a very large portion of itself at least twice? 2) Even if some huge chunk repeated itself (which, in this case, is most certainly the case), it would have no more significance than '1' showing up twice in the first three decimal places. Of course par...
by Lethal Interjection
Thu Jan 25, 2007 6:00 am UTC
Forum: General
Topic: INTRODUCTIONS THREAD
Replies: 3985
Views: 696564

Ooooh, an introductions thread. I've already posted a few times, though. Rules thread be damned (actually I haven't even read it yet, but a quick reading of this thread indicates that this be the first place to post). I mean, I've been a part of message boards for a while, I know the proper ediquett...
by Lethal Interjection
Thu Jan 25, 2007 5:51 am UTC
Forum: Individual XKCD Comic Threads
Topic: 0214: "The Problem with Wikipedia"
Replies: 139
Views: 60297

Very true. I've spent many hours on that mostly wonderful piece of internet. I say mostly because I love it, but I know that for many things it is unreliable. Also because during a research project on the European Parliament of the EU, I was there, looking for some related things, and I clicked on a...
by Lethal Interjection
Mon Jan 22, 2007 6:08 am UTC
Forum: Individual XKCD Comic Threads
Topic: 0210: "90's Flowchart"
Replies: 45
Views: 21953

Now I don't know when Toothpaste for Dinner did that comic, but I seem to recall there being flowchart humour earlier in Xkcd's history as well.
So, you know...
by Lethal Interjection
Mon Jan 15, 2007 6:32 am UTC
Forum: Individual XKCD Comic Threads
Topic: 0210: "90's Flowchart"
Replies: 45
Views: 21953

This reminds me of probably my favourite avatar of all time (though I'm not one to use it myself): http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b302/letrentesept/8199737.jpg Also, I have some acquaintances who have a band that plays in bars around my town. When we went to see them this past summer, the one guy...
by Lethal Interjection
Mon Jan 08, 2007 6:39 pm UTC
Forum: Individual XKCD Comic Threads
Topic: 0207: "What xkcd Means"
Replies: 482
Views: 75183

Sometimes when driving home after babysitting there's this roundabout and my exit is all the way round the roundabout and seeing as this is 2o'clock in the morning in the country side there is no one else about and so I'm so tempted to just drive the wrong way round the roundabout to my exit. Howev...
by Lethal Interjection
Mon Jan 08, 2007 6:28 pm UTC
Forum: Individual XKCD Comic Threads
Topic: 0206: "Reno Rhymes"
Replies: 217
Views: 75584

I thought "Donwtown" was Petula Clark? Hmmm... I google searched "Downtown Lyrics" to figure out who performed it. The first on the list was the B-52s, second was Frank Sinatra (I'm not sure this one is even correct), third was Petula Clark. Apparently it was originally Petula C...
by Lethal Interjection
Mon Jan 08, 2007 5:52 am UTC
Forum: Individual XKCD Comic Threads
Topic: 0174: "That's What SHE Said"
Replies: 140
Views: 68663

Haha, the dialogue we follow is almost exactly the same, except it never ends. Cheese is lame. Your face is lame. Your mum is lame. Your mums face is lame. Your faces mums face is lame Your mums faces mums face is lame. The winner is the one who gives up last. Sorry for jumping back to an older pos...
by Lethal Interjection
Mon Jan 08, 2007 5:45 am UTC
Forum: Individual XKCD Comic Threads
Topic: 0206: "Reno Rhymes"
Replies: 217
Views: 75584

I do this with my friend regularly with a particular song. The song is Downtown by the B-52s. However, now that I have looked up the lyrics, the particular line that we rhyme incessantly is a lyric, but "great" isn't the rhymed word in the song. The one we use: Downtown - things will be gr...
by Lethal Interjection
Mon Jan 08, 2007 5:40 am UTC
Forum: Individual XKCD Comic Threads
Topic: 0207: "What xkcd Means"
Replies: 482
Views: 75183

I once had a towtruck do this in front of me. http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v158/Lokileby/towtruck.jpg In fact, I may have been generous as to how far down the adjacent street he went. He made absolutely no attempt to make it look like what he was doing was legal. That's towtruck drivers for you...

Go to advanced search