Search found 27 matches

by Dark Loink
Thu Dec 09, 2010 10:00 pm UTC
Forum: Mafia
Topic: Dune Game Over! Atreides/Fremen Victory!
Replies: 682
Views: 91024

Re: Dune D7: Before they catch you chainsmoking. Word.

You always were rebelious against your father. You teenagers and your opposing win conditions and your lying in your roleclaims...

weiyaoli wrote:I really don't know between Adacore and D_L. DL's claim you don't really expect to be present in the game (Since we learnt that the flavour D1 was just amt) but I'm not sure we can trust Adacore, and it does have flavour precedence.


And I think a cop on DL would be good.

Not like my role is hard to prove. A cop, or even getting lynched would prove it(my power, remember)

And sure, it was just amt, but she was right. I haven't had communication, though, with my whole on the run thing. No relations to CHOAM as far as I know, so unsure. SO adacore is claimed spice addic. I'd want to make sure there were no harkonnen left before I start lynching atredis, but that seems unlikely. :(
by Dark Loink
Wed Dec 08, 2010 10:14 pm UTC
Forum: Mafia
Topic: Dune Game Over! Atreides/Fremen Victory!
Replies: 682
Views: 91024

Re: Dune D7: Before they catch you chainsmoking. Word.

weiyaoli wrote:
On lynching DL or Adacore, I think we need full claims from both before deciding.

I'm gone for a week, and already you think about lynching you daughter and me! I really don't think this marriage is working out, Jessica.

Roleclaim time!

Dark Loink wrote:Always bet on the duke.

Duke Leto Atredis DEMANDS AN AUDIENCE!


My name is Leto Atredis. I am your duke. My winning conditions prodcede like this:
First off, I want to keep the Atredis's alive. That's pretty obvious.
Next, woo go team freman! I'll always be supporting you!
My powers are that I am one-shot unlynchable, as I am your duke and powerfully powerful. With power. And I'm also your duke!

And I find it extremely amusing that AMT won in the mods first flavor post.
Now to look over all the roleclaims while we find which ones to lynch-someone is lying about something, or the game would be over.
by Dark Loink
Tue Dec 07, 2010 11:35 pm UTC
Forum: Mafia
Topic: Dune Game Over! Atreides/Fremen Victory!
Replies: 682
Views: 91024

Re: Dune D7: Before they catch you chainsmoking. Word.

Also, adacore? You recieved nothing about this?
by Dark Loink
Tue Dec 07, 2010 11:31 pm UTC
Forum: Mafia
Topic: Dune Game Over! Atreides/Fremen Victory!
Replies: 682
Views: 91024

Re: Dune D6: Break, Eject! Eject, Eject!

weiyaoli wrote:My powers were that I started the game carrying Adacore which protected Adacore from all actions and I could communicate with Adacore but Adacore can only send me back "feelings". I could give birth any day from D2 to D4 inclusive and the birth would happen regardless at the end of D4 if I do not choose to give birth before.

So you had the choice to give birth at any time, and it was a part of your role? It makes sense for that person to be in this game.
So many people are role claimed, we're getting to a good point for that, probably. I'm going to go see who hasn't claimed.

So it was adacore regardless, wei? If you were to give birth, it was to adacore?
by Dark Loink
Tue Dec 07, 2010 12:21 pm UTC
Forum: Mafia
Topic: Dune Game Over! Atreides/Fremen Victory!
Replies: 682
Views: 91024

Re: Dune D7: Before they catch you chainsmoking. Word.

Wow, mr.k was...anti-both of my alignments. :D Nice.
by Dark Loink
Tue Dec 07, 2010 3:29 am UTC
Forum: Mafia
Topic: Dune Game Over! Atreides/Fremen Victory!
Replies: 682
Views: 91024

Re: Dune D6: Break, Eject! Eject, Eject!

first off, maybe we could work with scum for a time. But its not a good situation to be in. Even if your win condition isn't kill atredis, guess what? Atredis is kill harkonnen. That's just how it happens. Strange how wei can make people claim, I'd like him to do it on a confiremed townie without a role name to prove it. Because I'm not sure I trust it. Or that he can even trust it.
And besides, you'd end up dying sooner or later to us anyway, and you haven't given any ideas to who your lyncher is. Or results to this cop you claim. I'm a bit afraid of you being a jesterbomb, but I'm going to try this anyways.
Vote: mr k
And I've been watinign to say this since I saw brook post this.
Brooklynxman wrote: You want my Duke and his family dead and I cant allow that.

Always bet on the duke.
by Dark Loink
Mon Dec 06, 2010 11:05 pm UTC
Forum: Mafia
Topic: Dune Game Over! Atreides/Fremen Victory!
Replies: 682
Views: 91024

Re: Dune D6: Break, Eject! Eject, Eject!

BigNose wrote:This is beginning to feel very squirmish.
He just keeps adding to what he can do, instead of letting us have it all at the same time, it's a
'oh, but wait, I can do this, I can do that'
Can we just call time on this please?

Like me in DNL! Giving out all the info slowly, keeping the crowds attention. Honestly, I'm going to look at his arguements-not like I want him to live, he will be lynched, but I'm going to look through his claims. They all give away something. We think he is that last one, not sure what reason we have to beileve that. Buffy town thought that too. And keeping attention to the other factions is what we wanted to do, until we could stop them. Sure wei has his power, but we already have ourselves a kill power. The lynch. If nothing else comes up I will vote before deadline, don't worry.
by Dark Loink
Sun Dec 05, 2010 6:08 pm UTC
Forum: Mafia
Topic: Dune Game Over! Atreides/Fremen Victory!
Replies: 682
Views: 91024

Re: Dune D6: Break, Eject! Eject, Eject!

But that still doesn't really fit with...
mr k.
What is the harkonnen win condition?

I want something cleared up before he gets lynched, please hold off on voting.
by Dark Loink
Sun Dec 05, 2010 2:38 pm UTC
Forum: Mafia
Topic: Dune Game Over! Atreides/Fremen Victory!
Replies: 682
Views: 91024

Re: Dune D5: Check Out My New Weapon

Dark Loink wrote:W

Atredis: Get rid or harkonnan.
Easy. Simple, and understandable.
Freman is complicated. Those who are greedy with the spice.
Who is greedy with the spice, though? No names are given. So freman are given a much harder task than the atredis.

What I remember from claims
Dark Loink:Atredis/freman

So I have claimed a win condition, just not a role.

And I am curious to mr k, mainly as he has always had confusions with his role-freman and atredis were said to be townie since the start, claiming that never was really a bad thing.
I trust:
EE(Got atredis win condtion right, )
F_C(failed his lyncher, but I think is teling the truth about freman)

And those are the main ones. I know mav is bg, and likely so, but that's not atredis or freman and I don't know whether to trust that or not.
Two win conditions. FC lost the kill NaR one, and Mav lost the leave nar alive. Those two alignments mean absolutely nothing now.
If the BG win conditions is keep NaR alive, they have failed and need to acheive whatever their second win condition is. Which is why I trust fc and am kinda questioning mav.

Wei seems to be able to confirm brook, due to a package. I trust that for now anyways..(although the package has only been mentioned once, so one-shot?) I know wei has a confirmed power, but unsure of confirmed townie. But its good for now.

If mrk would claim something I'd trust him. But all hes claimed is confusing role, and then nothing. So I would probably like you to try it on him, if you are insistant to try it.

ninja'd: Okay. Mav has claimed. Huh. Fenring, whom we've not heard much about(besides from ee) and from looking up alignement is not really able ot be narrowed down, but it makes sense to be paired up with a BG win condition. A lot of sense.
by Dark Loink
Fri Dec 03, 2010 4:27 am UTC
Forum: Mafia
Topic: Dune Game Over! Atreides/Fremen Victory!
Replies: 682
Views: 91024

Re: Dune D5: Check Out My New Weapon

Mavketl wrote:(Is the Fremen win condition really eliminating all players who are "greedy with the spice"? FC? Anyone? It seems rather vague. Also not all that townie, depending on your definition of 'greedy'.)

Those who would use it for themselves and don't care about the freman. I don't really feel like I need to role claim(one person wants me to, so far, anyways. "be wary of roleclaiming") although there are 4 people voting for me, its mostly for the lurking. But I think it could be those who wouldn't care about the freman as long as they get their spice.(no idea who that would be) Spice is nice.

And NaR was paul, atredis/freman. Freman doesn't seem that anti-townie to me(although I have good reason to be bias)
by Dark Loink
Thu Dec 02, 2010 11:38 pm UTC
Forum: Mafia
Topic: Dune Game Over! Atreides/Fremen Victory!
Replies: 682
Views: 91024

Re: Dune D5: Check Out My New Weapon

Well, I'm not sure I'm a fan of this lynch. :O
Unvote
And I said it was for me to be close to votes so I post.
:O Unless everyone voting themselves is a jester!

Anyways, now. Win conditions.


Atredis: Get rid or harkonnan.
Easy. Simple, and understandable.
Mavketl wrote:
Hey, anyone care to tell us what the Atreides win condition actually is? "Eliminate the Harkonnen" seems kind of too murderous for them. Same for Fremen, actually (minus the 'too murderous', because few things are too murderous for the Fremen once they've been provoked). Any hints? :P

This means that mav is BG and something else. not atredis or freman.
Freman is complicated. Those who are greedy with the spice.
Who is greedy with the spice, though? No names are given. So freman are given a much harder task than the atredis.

What I remember from claims
Adacore:atredis
greenlover:?
Dark Loink:Atredis/freman
Brooklynxman:?
Mavketl: Bein Gesserit, not atredis or freman.
e_e:atredis(since he said what atredis is, I trust him)
PhoenixEnigma:?
BigNose:Fremen/Atreides.
F_C: indep(kill nar) fremen
mister k:confusing win condition? I think?
weiyaoli :has the voice.

I think EE is town, since EE said what the win condition was. And I think I am, of course. Since NaR is dead, I trust FC. The rest of you I'm not sure, and mav has another win condition, too.

I'm thinking to role claim soon, if this bandwagon(of lurking) doesn't slow down. But I'd hope it would, as lurking is bad but not always scummy.
Besides, krong said he thought I was town! That counts for something, right?
Krong (Corrino/Harkonnen)
...oh.
by Dark Loink
Thu Dec 02, 2010 2:19 am UTC
Forum: Mafia
Topic: Dune Game Over! Atreides/Fremen Victory!
Replies: 682
Views: 91024

Re: Dune D5: Check Out My New Weapon

weiyaoli wrote:
Apart from inactivity, what has DL done?

Well I've helpfully provided you with the...
at least I did do the...
:| huh.
Vote: Dark Loink
Now I'm two away from the hammer. I will remove this vote in the same post I put some sort of content, which is soon. Its a way to motivate me, and to say I'm going to post with a bit more pizzazz than just saying it.
So, content! Coming soon.
by Dark Loink
Tue Nov 30, 2010 1:02 pm UTC
Forum: Mafia
Topic: Dune Game Over! Atreides/Fremen Victory!
Replies: 682
Views: 91024

Re: Dune D5: Check Out My New Weapon

Dark Loink is being rather scummy by his lurking.
>.>
<.<
I figure if he doesn't post today, he should probably be lynched.

That is to say now I can't post any content, but I got the mod prod and am going to post, tonight however.
by Dark Loink
Tue Nov 23, 2010 1:10 pm UTC
Forum: Mafia
Topic: Dune Game Over! Atreides/Fremen Victory!
Replies: 682
Views: 91024

Re: Dune D4: Walk Without Rhythm

BigNose wrote:I think what's happened is that the flavour is getting in the way of the game, instead of enhancing it.
Because we don't know who is Town and who is Scum and for those of us who are flavour less, trying to understand the alliances is getting in the way.
I have no idea who is Scum to me.

I'm not sure who you are, then, honestly. Atredis vs harkonnean, and fremen vs CHOAM, I don't think Dr Ug was too wrong about that.
Although it does make me wonder who corrino would be against...

But I would think at this point who would have some idea who you are against. Or at least what you are for, since we've had people of almost all factions die.
I don't know, honestly, but thats because all I know is that you don't know. I'm pretty flavor challenged too, but I'm pretty much understanding it right now.
To be honest, maybe claiming would be the best-maybe not for you, depending on your faction, but for the public itself. You'd at least understand what you need to win, if you were town, or independent. Maybe not complete role claim(such as when NaR had to claim Paul. I mean, it gives credit more than, I'm atredis, but you know)

Alllso. the music. Nice beat, tap my foot, kinda catchy, maybe? Got a nice...rhythm to it?
It may not be that, but I don't want to take too many chances. Maybe it'll do nothing, but
Walks without rhythm
by Dark Loink
Mon Nov 22, 2010 12:21 pm UTC
Forum: Mafia
Topic: Dune Game Over! Atreides/Fremen Victory!
Replies: 682
Views: 91024

Re: Dune D4: Walk Without Rhythm

VectorZero wrote:"
[i]Deep in Sietch Tabr, midwives fussed over the heavily pregnant Lady and men stood around nervously, their training of little use against this age-old threat to life. Still, the hours passed without incident, and a new Atreides took her first breath.


The Lady Jessica has given birth to Alia Atreides.

"Gurney! You're racking up an awful bill here, man." The same ornithopter as yesterday briefly hovered overhead, then flew away.

13 players, 7 to lynch.[/b]

Huh. Not sure what that means. But I think Alia was meant to be married to Feyd-Rautha, and...he is dead.
Not sure what this means in game mechanics, its not a like a new player is going to spring up as Alia, but it has to do something.

Also. Now that AMT's pretty much claimed it, (there are always two flavors. The bold is the mods, and the italic(which is marked by princess Irulan, so its pretty obvious) we have a bit more to read into it.

VectorZero wrote:And so it was that the harsh winds of Arrakis told of a new game, for those who were human and could sense it. The same game of politics that had been played since before wisdom grew in primate brains, distilled and heightened at long last to the level of the mind. A pure game, now, unsullied by animal cares and reflexes; and yet its blows and counterblows would be the same. Death, shifting alliegances, treason... Arrakis did not change the human nature. It merely exposed it in its purest form.

There were whispers in the wind, wild rumours, that the old Duke was yet breathing, that the Fremen were waiting for an offer of alliance, that Lady Jessica hid behind the name Mavketl. Only the wise knew which were true and which were false-- and on the planet of Dune, even the wise could be fooled.


-- A Darkness on Arrakis by the Princess Irulan

Like how it was weird that the mod would say things about roles and players in the first posts(Rumors that mav is Lady jessica)-the mod wouldn't, and didn't, but it was an action, in that case.

And thats all the time I have today.
by Dark Loink
Sun Nov 21, 2010 11:47 pm UTC
Forum: Mafia
Topic: Dune Game Over! Atreides/Fremen Victory!
Replies: 682
Views: 91024

Re: Dune D3: To Tame a Land

Again, I agree with bio-we said it may not be as large a town, and they have conflicting interests-but atredis and fremen have been the basis for town since D1. All the role-spec pointed to that.
And, this could also be a way to cast doubt onto NaR, and therefore making him look scummy.
I mean, why claim indepdnent at all? Why claim a scummy-type role, and then as soon as people question it, un-claim? It seems weird to me, it doesn't make sense in the first place. I mean, if you wanted to claim a slightly scummy role, and was given the option to lie-so you would seem slightly scummy, and you couldn't lie, right? But only slightly, only indepenent. So they don't have a reason to lynch you, but know you aren't town either.

But then you claim that you did lie, and I really don't see the point.

Dr Ug wrote:That and my claim was a complete fabrication because all you asked me to do was to "claim", not "claim truthfully".

VectorZero wrote:Over the sound of escaping steam and banging pipes, Brooklynxman aimed the output device at a bystander:

"Dr Ug, Tell Me Your Alingments and Win Conditions."

It didn't tell you to claim a role. It said say your alignment or win condition.

And I'm really bothered that you said you lied right after one vote was placed on you. One vote, and you take your claim back. I don't like that, and so I really don't mind putting a
Vote: Dr Ug

Upon review of old pages, to your credit,
Dr Ug wrote:Except that you keep claiming there is a "Town", which I really think there isn't. No-one has had a "town" alignment on death, no-one has claimed a "town" alignment.

I still think the basic structure here is a cross - fremen vs CHOAM, atreides vs harkonnen, with some overlap and other interesting roles / independent alignments.

You've been saying this all game. So, you haven't changed that. But I've thought about this:


lets say that it is faction vs faction, near even player count for all of them.
Corrions and Harkonnens are pretty dead right now, so if it was even player alignments, it isn't much now, and since they're the minority, right? Almost all deaths have been them. That would make them scum at this point by default(if unofficially), regardless of the set-up.
by Dark Loink
Thu Nov 18, 2010 12:20 pm UTC
Forum: Mafia
Topic: Dune Game Over! Atreides/Fremen Victory!
Replies: 682
Views: 91024

Re: Dune D3: To Tame a Land

Dark Loink wrote:But I guess blinded pull levers, thats good too... :|

which is saying "Why did you do that that doesn't make sense."
by Dark Loink
Thu Nov 18, 2010 12:19 pm UTC
Forum: Mafia
Topic: Dune Game Over! Atreides/Fremen Victory!
Replies: 682
Views: 91024

Re: Dune D3: To Tame a Land

BigNose wrote:Reads dials




Ahhhh what the heck!



Pulls lever #2

:?: I assumed after the voteblock AMT would get some sort of knowledge of what the machine did.

But I guess blinded pull levers, thats good too... :|

I had the same urge, but I always do with items. :P The last time we had a giant machine it was a cop puzzle that we would not have been able to decipher.
by Dark Loink
Thu Nov 18, 2010 3:08 am UTC
Forum: Mafia
Topic: Dune Game Over! Atreides/Fremen Victory!
Replies: 682
Views: 91024

Re: Dune D2: I am Mauve'bib, the Kumkwat Haagendasz!

I haven't posted much, and should remedy that. Right now though, Its pretty obvious what cycoden's role is, and its not a good one.
Vote: Cycoden
by Dark Loink
Sun Nov 14, 2010 3:24 pm UTC
Forum: Mafia
Topic: Dune Game Over! Atreides/Fremen Victory!
Replies: 682
Views: 91024

Re: Dune D2: I am Mauve'bib, the Kumkwat Haagendasz!

mister k wrote:ok, well that seems to have gone pretty well. Interestingly theres some kind of Emporer mechanic here, which gives us more info. I wonder what sort of powers the emporer currently has... clearly not an immunity to night kill!

Yeah, thats interesting that its stated that he was emporor...wonder if there needs to be an emporer, and I wonder what would happen if he died? Would there cease to be one, or would the one who killed him become emporor?

Also, it turns out that Lataro was known as Harkonnean/Independent, so we're never going to know what an AB person wanted other than their factions. All we'll know is that they did have an indepdnedent win condition.
by Dark Loink
Sat Nov 13, 2010 5:39 pm UTC
Forum: Mafia
Topic: Dune Game Over! Atreides/Fremen Victory!
Replies: 682
Views: 91024

Re: Dune D1: Don't be shocked by the tone of my voice

:?: :|
Wow.
Every game I've played lately has had scum claim.
I'd post something tangible, but I'm not sure its day anymore.
by Dark Loink
Thu Nov 11, 2010 1:22 am UTC
Forum: Mafia
Topic: Dune Game Over! Atreides/Fremen Victory!
Replies: 682
Views: 91024

Re: Dune D1: Don't be shocked by the tone of my voice

I've had less time to work on it than I've though, so my thinking may be split into peices. Trust me, this is for the best.

I've promised it...not done it...promised it...procrastenated...and now, good peoples of today, I'm giving it to YOU

PAGES 1-2:People analysis.
Spoiler:
Small(I will post) posts are not counted, to save time.

Adacore:

Starts off with flavor spec, 2 1/2 paragraphs as the first post. Is first

to mention(and believe me, it will be mentioned again) that factions will

still have different win conditions. Good activity for a first post, but

this isn't going to detirmine alignment.

Asks if there is a cult in his next post. Because we want ot be prepared,

and he just modded buffy. Now that is a nice discussion starter, and a

good thing for our flavor masters to answer. Town enough.

Agrees with mav, most people probably have a faction and an indepentent

win (AB) Not sure which should be trusted more (AA,or AB) but a

<b>lot</b> can be gathered from initial win-spec.

Closed set-ups make D1 hard, and agress with MR K that role-spec is really all we have in a closed set-up, and it is early sucm hunting.

ameretrifle:
Halfway through book, and gives ideas of mind control. Says that it is

probably house and independent, so likely AB. I'm seeing a trend with

this line of thinking.

Says english is strange, explains mixup with roots. Doesn't really like factions form book, but harkonnens are likely mafia.
Not sure where to go from here.


greenlover:
Quotes mavketls list about how factions can have players who aren't too

much of a part of it. Green lover says that there is a chance there isn't

a scum group, but instead several sks. He then goes off to list other

possibilities for this game. I hope people haven't tried to push one.

What better way to distance yourself from scum than to say the scum are

distant? But green says #1 is unlikely at the end, so that has made my

scumdar feel better.

Asks what will be revealed upon death. Nothing really there.


Lataro:
Starts stating that he knows NO flavor.

Now says he doesn't know flavor again. Meta-vote Mav. Probably conflicting factions, not his favorite, will be interesting. Not much content.

Silknor: A large amounth of rolespec, giving lists of who, and says Ben-gesseret may not be as atredis as mav says. Good post, lots of content in list form.


Brooklynxman:
Doubts a cult, because the freyman already agreed with Paul, and they

weren't really recruited. Although paul could be a mason leader.

Says Harkonnians have been compared to Nazis, and Corinos aonly care

about power. And Atreides too could have scummy farts, although generally

good.
Ben Gesserit cares about certain players, guild cares about sppice.

Freman care about the plantet, but COULT slide with Atredies.

Drowning the worms is possible, so players not out of picture entirely.

Walks without rhythm.


Says he will not root for but root out harkonnians.



Mavketl:
Remember how I said adacores first post was big for the start?

Yeah. Lots of helpful flavor discussion, which could strike me as

townie-that is a lot of information for scum to give out in the first

post. Although until this point scum were undefinied. But this is a

really good first post. Wow. Town enough, but still need more than one

post.

Replys to Mr.k, saying that she got the thought that harkonians were bad

due to the whole tourture thing.

Then she gives off the comment of how her list is right, but there are

probably good people in harkonean, or bad in atredis. (THIS is what

worried me before, because it could be setting up a defense early on,

say, if she was in one of these "scummy" factions.)


Says that she thinks people have a faction, and probably a more

independent win condition-Duke Leto and Lady Jessica may be mtalking to

each other, for examply. Also cops may get more info. And she also

doesn't get Big nose's example, that his win conditions are in conflict

with each other.

Says Ben Gesserit may have a few good atredis characters, and that flavor suggests the duke to be alive.

Replys to BN, saying that we can do both, and that is important, the same as posts above.

Thinks it is worth getting people to post their knowledge of dune, and only really remembers factions and sand worms. And femen wear suits and recycling units.Sandworm coult=jester.

Replys to nar, saying that if somone is scummy, then why not lynch,. Was responding to BN.


NaR:
Says Paul atredis is the only real likely cult leader, and he used it to

attack the probably scum. So we probably don't have to worry about a

cult, as there is probably no cult. Or if there is a cult-"We don't have

to worry about it existence". That worries me a bit, but time to keep

going.

Questions Mav on being eager to vote.


BigNose:
Says that getting two wins is going to be hard. If you know about faction

X, but not Y, you will have trouble. This means he is probably one of

those AA's, faction faction, and has one that he is a bit worried about.

Could be a townie one and a...less townie one that he isn't sure how to

acheive. Thats how I got in anyways. Conflicting factions would be scumy

and townie... First person to even suggest an AA set-up though.

Says that we aren't scumhunting. As has been brought up before, all he does is say it.


mpolo:
Would like to think he was good with flavor, but will probably need to

re-read. General factions ideas are liked, and agrees that cult is an

unlikely possibility. Would rather be safe that sorry however.

Agrees that we need to work more for factions than anything else-again, that only really works in a purely (A,B) set up, (although from spec there are A,A and A, B.)

Krong:
Dr Ug is being silly with his game post, and then goes on about the

mass-claiming idea. Because some confirmed townies are obvious kill

targets, they don't want to be known. And factions mates may not be

pleased to know some of the peoples wins in their faction. Goes on to

talk about sandwerms, and says if there are any sandworms, probably not

safe to be near. Although the real reason claim thing, if krong were

cult, would be a way to distance the possibility. But I think he is town

so far.

Says sandworms may be mechanic-sandworm lynching unlikely.




Misterk:
Says the set-up seems pretty simple then. Town + masons(although nothing

confirmed the masons thing)and maybe atredis tratoir, and also mantions

how he thinks harkonnian were only scum because they weren't

protagonists. Somewhat scummy, but agrees with them being scum. Also

brings up second motivations.

Says that cult doesn't seem very likely flavor wise.Although may as well

assume that there might be, just to be safe.

Says rolespec is meant to generate discussion, and catch scumtells. If someone sees sometihng scummy, say so.

Says that we should still root for harkoneens, and even though we have other factions, should focus on faction goal.

Says that the language thing is interesting, Root for and root out.

Flying_cookie:
Says roles go like this
You are X
Win with
Want this to happen
(Once again, (AB). Faction/independent. Not faction faction. Big nose was the first to bring (AA) up.)


bio:
Starts off with big bunches of rolespec as well. Agrees with

basics(Atredis=town, Harkonnian=scum) And gives some insight to otyher

things as well as a list of roles he thinks are possible, and what they

would be. Extrememly helpful to, say, rolecops.


weiyaoli: Says most flavor knowledge is from the wiki. So he isn't going

to be posting much content.
Another reason people may not want to roleclaim is because of lynchers.

Also, cult is what he thinkis is the likely possibility.

Dr Ug:

Gives joke post based off of the game. Early on, so that's alright. Says

he thought houses were just factions, but goes on to say that its

probably bad and good from mav's post are accurate.

Thinks all players are human.
by Dark Loink
Tue Nov 09, 2010 10:18 pm UTC
Forum: Mafia
Topic: Dune Game Over! Atreides/Fremen Victory!
Replies: 682
Views: 91024

Re: Dune D1: Don't be shocked by the tone of my voice

I'm here, and am about to do some analysis right now! :O thats great!
by Dark Loink
Sun Nov 07, 2010 12:42 am UTC
Forum: Mafia
Topic: Dune Game Over! Atreides/Fremen Victory!
Replies: 682
Views: 91024

Re: Dune D1: Don't be shocked by the tone of my voice

Again on the set-up: This game is not a conflicting factions game.
This is a conflicting players game. However, these players all likely have alligences to at least one "faction" and want that faction to win. There are groups of factions conflicting, and groups of players within factions conflicting. And since we have 5 factions laid our for us, silky has a point, it can't really be a simple town/scum set-up.
That being said, there are scum-like groups and town-like groups, that for the most part follow these roles. In DNL it was still town vs scum, but it was TOWN vs OMICRON/JUSTICE with MEDIA creating their win differently. But there are still groups of town and groups of scum, with some independent. It isn't really going to change the day that much, because acting scummy is still acting scummy. There is some sort of town, and some sort of scum in this game. There are 20 players, and 5 factions we have come up with. That includes independents. So its not like town is 16, scum is 4, more of a scattered set-up, with different factions. But I still believe that the lists are pretty accurate, and everything will still go rather normal, as there is still a town.

Now thats probably all I can get out of role-spec, having all my knowledge of dune be from this thread(I have yet to find the book, but this is giving me the general idea)
by Dark Loink
Thu Nov 04, 2010 10:25 pm UTC
Forum: Mafia
Topic: Dune Game Over! Atreides/Fremen Victory!
Replies: 682
Views: 91024

Re: Dune D1: Don't be shocked by the tone of my voice

On the winning debate(Wouldn't it be terrible to have harrnoken and Atredis?) These are pretty much the possible things
A. Need a certain faction to win
B. Need some sort of independent win condition to win
And the likely possibilities are
AA(Need to work with multiple factions, and want both to win)
AB(Have a faction and some sort of inpendent role condition-lyncher, survivor, jester, those kinds)
BB(Have TWO independent condidtions, and don't really care who wins in the long run)
I'm guessing this game is mostly a mixture of AA's and AB's, making the AB's the main independent ones. But I'm guessing there are a few BB's, just so we have a few wildcards in there. AAs and AB's can be scum, of course.But, more scum are likely AB's, I would guess, while town would have the majority of the AA's.
I'll look through, Mav seems somewhat worth watching for me, but thats more gut feeling and speculation. I'd rather not get into the reasons yet, because if I'm wrong it would just make things worse.
Expect a post more paying attention to what people say what(analysis!) in the next few days or so.
by Dark Loink
Tue Nov 02, 2010 1:58 pm UTC
Forum: Mafia
Topic: Dune Game Over! Atreides/Fremen Victory!
Replies: 682
Views: 91024

Re: Dune D1: Don't be shocked by the tone of my voice

The points brought up currently are interesting. It seems a lot more like a conflicting factions thing, not quite scum/town. Mainly because even if you agree with one faction, you also agree with another. I don't have any idea how cops would work in that respect. The problem is the fact that I'm not sure if good transalates to town. I would expect so, however, the protagonists to be in the spot of town.
As well, there are two factions you think are maybe scum. All memebers of which have their own alligences, and want to win in a different way...
Politics.
ninja;d:Yeah, that is probably pretty likely.
by Dark Loink
Sun Oct 31, 2010 5:19 pm UTC
Forum: Mafia
Topic: Dune Game Over! Atreides/Fremen Victory!
Replies: 682
Views: 91024

Re: Dune Mafia: Pregame

Now would probably be a good time to read the book...
Anyways, confirming.

Return to “Dune Game Over! Atreides/Fremen Victory!”