Search found 144 matches

by mcd001
Thu Jun 28, 2018 6:06 pm UTC
Forum: News & Articles
Topic: Trump presidency
Replies: 7965
Views: 609097

Re: Trump presidency

The methods are authoritarian and nationalistic (i.e. fascist) But the enforcement of any laws in any country in the World are of necessity 'authoritarian'. By your definition, *all* countries are therefore fascist. As for conflating 'nationalistic' with 'fascist', that also only works if 'fascist'...
by mcd001
Thu Jun 28, 2018 5:49 pm UTC
Forum: News & Articles
Topic: Trump presidency
Replies: 7965
Views: 609097

Re: Trump presidency

They're literally building concentration camps for Latinx immigrants, fuckwit. Profanity aside, thank you for making my point. Any country, regardless of its type of government, will try to control who crosses its borders. The measures the United States is currently taking to stem the influx of ali...
by mcd001
Thu Jun 28, 2018 5:22 pm UTC
Forum: News & Articles
Topic: Trump presidency
Replies: 7965
Views: 609097

Re: Trump presidency

Defending fascist policy pretty much makes you a fascist. Says the totalitarian leftist. This post reaffirms what is becoming more apparent every day: 'fascist' is a word the left uses to mean 'someone I disagree with'. Along with the term 'racist', it has lost any connection to it's historical mea...
by mcd001
Sat Jun 23, 2018 12:05 am UTC
Forum: Serious Business
Topic: Firearms Regulations
Replies: 213
Views: 23388

Re: Firearms Regulations

Euphonium wrote:Ban all guns.

Guns are instruments of oppression, and so are incompatible with individual liberty.

So are all tools, like screwdrivers and wrenches. Ban them, ban them all! Then we will be free!
by mcd001
Wed Nov 29, 2017 3:35 pm UTC
Forum: News & Articles
Topic: Sexual Harrassment Epidemic
Replies: 538
Views: 57053

Re: Sexual Harrassment Epidemic

Or... any place with large power imbalances. There were skeezy politicians long before there was a Hollywood. There is certainly some truth to that, in that a power imbalance is necessary for the kinds of sexual abuse that we're seeing in recent news reports. But that power imbalance is *not* the c...
by mcd001
Wed Nov 29, 2017 1:49 pm UTC
Forum: News & Articles
Topic: Sexual Harrassment Epidemic
Replies: 538
Views: 57053

Re: Sexual Harrassment Epidemic

It's not just politicians. This whole epidemic really started in Hollywood with the accusations against Harvey Weinstein, and has spread to the mainstream media companies (most recently Matt Lauer of NBC, just this morning). It confirms my suspicions that Hollywood and the big media corporations rea...
by mcd001
Mon Nov 06, 2017 7:08 pm UTC
Forum: News & Articles
Topic: The Darker Side of the News
Replies: 4190
Views: 579326

Re: The Darker Side of the News

"It", in my previous sentence, refers to "the assholes in charge - when they or their kids get shot"; not, in fact, the mass shooting in Texas. But nice try. Got it. You meant Republican politicians, not southern baptists. That is only marginally less nasty-sounding. ...most Rep...
by mcd001
Mon Nov 06, 2017 5:19 pm UTC
Forum: News & Articles
Topic: The Darker Side of the News
Replies: 4190
Views: 579326

Re: The Darker Side of the News

well, we know what the only thing that will change the minds of the assholes in charge - when they or their kids get shot I haven't heard that Congressman Steve Scalise (shot at softball practice by a left-wing activist on 14 June) has changed his position on gun control, so it seems you don't actu...
by mcd001
Tue Sep 26, 2017 9:32 pm UTC
Forum: News & Articles
Topic: Antifa & neo-Nazi Ned in: "Too Many Violence?"
Replies: 409
Views: 59753

Re: Antifa & neo-Nazi Ned in: "Too Many Violence?"

mcd001 wrote: "Many on the left see corruption and abuse of power in government at all levels." That goes right to the heart of my point. Right, and I assumed you brought up those examples to prove your point. But they don't prove your point - your examples talk about something else. I di...
by mcd001
Tue Sep 26, 2017 8:33 pm UTC
Forum: News & Articles
Topic: Antifa & neo-Nazi Ned in: "Too Many Violence?"
Replies: 409
Views: 59753

Re: Antifa & neo-Nazi Ned in: "Too Many Violence?"

Your examples focus on society. Not exactly. I did say "Many on the left see corruption and abuse of power in government at all levels." That goes right to the heart of my point. The government is not society, it is a product of society. Yes, quite. So if you believe society is intolerant...
by mcd001
Tue Sep 26, 2017 5:10 pm UTC
Forum: News & Articles
Topic: Antifa & neo-Nazi Ned in: "Too Many Violence?"
Replies: 409
Views: 59753

Re: Antifa & neo-Nazi Ned in: "Too Many Violence?"

t's not evil, it's just a lack of principles. Conservatives in the US will change their positions at a drop of a hat: Don't make the mistake of confusing republicans with conservatives; the two are vastly different. I admit it's an easy mistake to make, since republicans have historically run on co...
by mcd001
Wed Sep 06, 2017 10:57 pm UTC
Forum: Serious Business
Topic: Let's talk about race, 2017 edition
Replies: 177
Views: 31504

Re: Let's talk about race, 2017 edition

if they believe in the importance of treating everyone with respect, dignity, and love -- and try to put this belief into practice -- it makes it just a little bit harder for me to be angry with them. I'll take that! Whether or not you individually treat everyone with equal respect, if you simultan...
by mcd001
Wed Sep 06, 2017 2:01 am UTC
Forum: Serious Business
Topic: Let's talk about race, 2017 edition
Replies: 177
Views: 31504

Re: Let's talk about race, 2017 edition

How familiar are you with current critical race theory? Fairly familiar. My wife just got her master's degree in Social Work, and I helped proof read all her papers. I could go into more detail about how, in my opinion, it's only exacerbating the problems of race, but it's not necessary. You nailed...
by mcd001
Mon Sep 04, 2017 5:32 pm UTC
Forum: Serious Business
Topic: Let's talk about race, 2017 edition
Replies: 177
Views: 31504

Re: Let's talk about race, 2017 edition

Maybe less 'complaining about racism' will actually facilitate better communication.
by mcd001
Mon Sep 04, 2017 1:44 pm UTC
Forum: Serious Business
Topic: Let's talk about race, 2017 edition
Replies: 177
Views: 31504

Re: Let's talk about race, 2017 edition

Eventually, all discussions of race come around to the most heinous injustice of all: White people being unfairly called racist, when they've actually just been innocently thoughtless and insensitive in ways that aren't that big a deal. To them. Some discussions, but not all. I'm starting to see cr...
by mcd001
Wed Aug 16, 2017 7:34 pm UTC
Forum: News & Articles
Topic: Trump presidency
Replies: 7965
Views: 609097

Re: Trump presidency

I'm no nazi, and certainly no nazi sympathizer, but some of the opinions I've read on this forum are truly disturbing. It seems to me a very small step from 'punching' someone who says they are a nazi (because the original nazis practiced genocide) to punching someone who says other things you find ...
by mcd001
Mon Apr 24, 2017 8:06 pm UTC
Forum: News & Articles
Topic: Trump presidency
Replies: 7965
Views: 609097

Re: Trump presidency

If fewer than 90% of characters in a movie or TV show aren't literal clones of me I start to panic. You shouldn't panic; if it offends you, just don't go see it. Right yeah I'm still not clear who's not looking out for white people Off the top of my head? NCAA. Black Panthers. Black Lives Matter. L...
by mcd001
Mon Apr 24, 2017 5:32 pm UTC
Forum: News & Articles
Topic: Trump presidency
Replies: 7965
Views: 609097

Re: Trump presidency

Then I would say you're ignoring the facts, and you haven't heard of Kamala Khan or Miles Morales, the biggest new characters to come on the comic-book scene in the past decade. Miles Morales was mentioned in the article I linked, although I had not previously heard of him. Not a smashing success, ...
by mcd001
Mon Apr 24, 2017 4:30 pm UTC
Forum: News & Articles
Topic: Trump presidency
Replies: 7965
Views: 609097

Re: Trump presidency

What I said was there's so much media portraying white protagonists (specifically straight white cisgender abled neurotypical men) that I'd like to see something else now. On the other hand, what if what you'd like to see represents a tiny niche market? http://thefederalist.com/2017/04/12/forcing-p...
by mcd001
Fri Apr 21, 2017 8:17 pm UTC
Forum: News & Articles
Topic: Trump presidency
Replies: 7965
Views: 609097

Re: Trump presidency

KnightExemplar wrote:If we want to get really technical, the poster in question is actually named "We Can Do It", and Rosie the Riveter is actually this lesser-known poster.

I stand corrected.
by mcd001
Fri Apr 21, 2017 6:14 pm UTC
Forum: News & Articles
Topic: Trump presidency
Replies: 7965
Views: 609097

Re: Trump presidency

Rosie the Riveter is considered one of the #1 Feminist posters of all time. Rosie the Riveter is actually not a feminist poster. She dates back to WWII and was used to help promote and mobilize civilians to support the war effort (alongside all those "Buy War Bonds" and "Uncle Sam Wa...
by mcd001
Thu Apr 06, 2017 3:17 pm UTC
Forum: Serious Business
Topic: Breaking Up the United States
Replies: 174
Views: 45802

Re: Breaking Up the United States

CorruptUser wrote:And if a state is acting as a tax haven or a loophole in your firearms controls, then what?

Then I'll move there!
by mcd001
Fri Mar 24, 2017 9:02 pm UTC
Forum: News & Articles
Topic: The Darker Side of the News
Replies: 4190
Views: 579326

Re: The Darker Side of the News

We can look down upon the "backwards" views on sexuality of our ancestors because we did not have to suffer through the living hell that was the world prior to birth control. And paternity tests. And food preservatives. And vaccines. And antibiotics. Don't forget anesthetics! I am excepti...
by mcd001
Mon Mar 13, 2017 8:17 pm UTC
Forum: News & Articles
Topic: Trump presidency
Replies: 7965
Views: 609097

Re: Trump presidency

I apologize if I came off as condescending. Your post did not strike me as condescending at all. In fact, as you framed the argument, it's more or less correct. The problem is I did not go into detail in my post and did not take the time to define exactly what I meant. On THIS site, precision and c...
by mcd001
Fri Mar 10, 2017 2:29 pm UTC
Forum: News & Articles
Topic: Trump presidency
Replies: 7965
Views: 609097

Re: Trump presidency

I feel like I type this a lot, but for any normal candidate it'd be really problematic to have a platform of 'America first' and one of your key advisors be exposed as a lobbyist for a foreign government; But because of his strategy of persuading his base to distrust the MSM and only listen to thei...
by mcd001
Sun Mar 05, 2017 11:08 pm UTC
Forum: News & Articles
Topic: Trump presidency
Replies: 7965
Views: 609097

Re: Trump presidency

And doing otherwise is against the law? Once again, paragraph (f) of U.S. Code, Title 18, Part I, Chapter 37, Section 793: "...through gross negligence permits the same to be removed from its proper place of custody..." Per the Department of State's own policies, Clinton's private email s...
by mcd001
Sun Mar 05, 2017 10:25 pm UTC
Forum: News & Articles
Topic: Trump presidency
Replies: 7965
Views: 609097

Re: Trump presidency

So I presume it's also illegal to print out a copy of a classified email to read, since a printed copy is also not stored on an AIS? You presume wrong. You can print a classified email and read it with no problem. When you're done, you can shred it, or store it in an approved safe or locking file c...
by mcd001
Sun Mar 05, 2017 5:46 pm UTC
Forum: News & Articles
Topic: Trump presidency
Replies: 7965
Views: 609097

Re: Trump presidency

the other poster was apparently under the belief that "proper place of custody" referred not to the Secretary of State's custody, but government servers. The "proper place of custody" absolutely DOES refer to government servers. I refer you to https://oig.state.gov/system/files/...
by mcd001
Sun Mar 05, 2017 2:15 am UTC
Forum: News & Articles
Topic: Trump presidency
Replies: 7965
Views: 609097

Re: Trump presidency

The Great Hippo wrote:As it was never demonstrated that any emails containing classified information were actually hacked

But they were "removed from their proper place of custody"
by mcd001
Sat Mar 04, 2017 10:27 pm UTC
Forum: News & Articles
Topic: Trump presidency
Replies: 7965
Views: 609097

Re: Trump presidency

JudeMorrigan wrote:Clinton's use of a private email server was terrible opsec, it wasn't illegal

Well, yeah, it actually was illegal. I refer once again to paragraph (f) of U.S. Code, Title 18, Part I, Chapter 37, Section 793.
by mcd001
Sat Mar 04, 2017 1:56 pm UTC
Forum: News & Articles
Topic: Trump presidency
Replies: 7965
Views: 609097

Re: Trump presidency

Though some emails were retroactively earmarked as containing sensitive information, they were not officially marked as Classified at the time Clinton handled them Not true: http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/statements/2016/jul/06/hillary-clinton/fbi-findings-tear-holes-hillary-clintons-email...
by mcd001
Fri Mar 03, 2017 5:51 pm UTC
Forum: News & Articles
Topic: Trump presidency
Replies: 7965
Views: 609097

Re: Trump presidency

Ho hum. I'm sure that 'but that's different!' for some reason though. It's exactly the same, as long as the State of Indiana maintains a separate system for classified government documents and correspondence; has policies and rules in place enforcing the use of that system for all such classified g...
by mcd001
Fri Feb 03, 2017 10:13 pm UTC
Forum: Serious Business
Topic: solving the refugee crisis
Replies: 62
Views: 17822

Re: solving the refugee crisis

You say there is no harm in moving one place to another, but there can definitely be harm to an existing place if you have too many people move there. Housing shortages are a good example. And there are other examples. Where I live we see the student-teacher ratios in our public schools expanding d...
by mcd001
Tue Nov 29, 2016 10:04 pm UTC
Forum: News & Articles
Topic: 2016 US Presidential Election
Replies: 8482
Views: 1023194

Re: 2016 US Presidential Election

what he {Petraeus] pulled was *vastly* worse than Clinton's stupidity vis a vis security Vastly worse? Giving classified info to a single person you have a personal relationship with is vastly worse than the Secretary of State conducting government business on an unsecured email server? I don't thi...
by mcd001
Mon Nov 07, 2016 8:00 pm UTC
Forum: News & Articles
Topic: 2016 US Presidential Election
Replies: 8482
Views: 1023194

Re: 2016 US Presidential Election

I think you may be conflating some issues here though anyway. The email business has really nothing to do with cronyism or corruption per se. You're right, my conflation of the emails with corruption or cronyism is opinion, not fact. It's just that wrapping up my post with her own words was too goo...
by mcd001
Mon Nov 07, 2016 6:43 pm UTC
Forum: News & Articles
Topic: 2016 US Presidential Election
Replies: 8482
Views: 1023194

Re: 2016 US Presidential Election

There is absolutely no actual evidence that this is the case, but as long as that fits with their narrative, then no evidence is all the evidence that is required. No evidence? - It is a fact that Ms. Clinton stated she had turned over all work-related emails, as required by law. She turned over ap...
by mcd001
Mon Nov 07, 2016 4:57 pm UTC
Forum: News & Articles
Topic: 2016 US Presidential Election
Replies: 8482
Views: 1023194

Re: 2016 US Presidential Election

To be perfectly clear, it's no better to send classified information via a state.gov or mail.mil account than it is a private email server. It's the exact same security violation either way. Yes, someone who gets it! Classified material is supposed to remain within classified channels. Even a .gov ...
by mcd001
Mon Nov 07, 2016 1:25 pm UTC
Forum: News & Articles
Topic: 2016 US Presidential Election
Replies: 8482
Views: 1023194

Re: 2016 US Presidential Election

Off the top of my head? Jason Chaffetz. Please go back and read the link you provided. First, Chaffetz apparently has a gmail account. How is that running his own email server? As for sending classified emails over it, all we have is this statement from the article: “The irony is unparalleled- Repr...
by mcd001
Sun Nov 06, 2016 11:03 pm UTC
Forum: News & Articles
Topic: 2016 US Presidential Election
Replies: 8482
Views: 1023194

Re: 2016 US Presidential Election

Do you know how many politicians have had private email servers? That doesn't make it right, but it makes it clear that anyone who thinks the Hillary email situation is unique hasn't been paying attention. Nothing wrong with having a private email account, as long as you don't send classified, sens...
by mcd001
Sun Nov 06, 2016 8:26 pm UTC
Forum: News & Articles
Topic: 2016 US Presidential Election
Replies: 8482
Views: 1023194

Re: 2016 US Presidential Election

1. You blew your cover because you felt like whining on a forum post. Good job demonstrating your dedication to your clearance. 2. You are demonstrating why the American people are distrustworthy of "elitist" Washington Insiders, pretending that your clearance gives you a better opinion i...

Go to advanced search