Search found 128 matches

by Brian
Thu Jul 05, 2007 6:38 am UTC
Forum: General
Topic: Moving in/out?
Replies: 52
Views: 6712

1. Don't leave crap lying around and don't get pissed when the other person does.
2. Agree not to touch each other's crap.
3. Don't share crap unless it is VERY stationary (TV, couch, fridge, etc.).
4. Don't leave messes and don't get pissed when the other person does.
by Brian
Thu Jul 05, 2007 6:34 am UTC
Forum: General
Topic: How'd you come up with your username(s)?
Replies: 1405
Views: 246256

I don't like having to remember usernames for different things, so I use my name when it's avaliable.

While gaming, I go by "Aware" because it's what I try to be, both in life and in game.
by Brian
Wed Jul 04, 2007 10:22 pm UTC
Forum: Movies and TV Shows
Topic: Kirk/Picard (previously a hard question)
Replies: 84
Views: 14965

Picard.
by Brian
Wed Jul 04, 2007 4:51 am UTC
Forum: Site/Forum issues
Topic: Custom titles
Replies: 2761
Views: 259680

I can't think of anything clever at the moment, but I want one :shock:
by Brian
Wed Jul 04, 2007 4:18 am UTC
Forum: Forum Games
Topic: Guess The Next Poster
Replies: 23751
Views: 1900061

Patterns suck.

VTHodge though... he's a stand-up guy.
by Brian
Wed Jul 04, 2007 4:17 am UTC
Forum: Forum Games
Topic: Orly?
Replies: 115
Views: 17216

Rodan wrote:THIS IS SPARTAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm motherfucking tired of these motherfucking snakes on this motherfucking plane!

lawl
by Brian
Tue Jul 03, 2007 4:55 pm UTC
Forum: Your art and links
Topic: (Post Your) Incredible Poems (Here!)
Replies: 544
Views: 262682

Ren wins, I submit :P

The Future is an Adventure! is awesome. I think I need to take a poetry-writing class. aabbcc can drag after a time but I'm not patient enough to figure out a different scheme.
by Brian
Tue Jul 03, 2007 6:33 am UTC
Forum: General
Topic: REALLY Annoying Misconceptions
Replies: 4059
Views: 378786

Phenriz wrote:but srsly, People thinking that just because i know how to operate and fix "computers" (by this i mean nearly all hardware and many windows issues) that i(seemingly by magic) know how to use every function of every piece of compatible software in existence. ever

QFT
by Brian
Tue Jul 03, 2007 5:59 am UTC
Forum: Your art and links
Topic: (Post Your) Incredible Poems (Here!)
Replies: 544
Views: 262682

Here's one I recently wrote. ------------------------------------- I'm not the same as I used to be, or so I'll claim. In time we'll see. Much has changed since last we met. Your sudden arrival has caused much fret. See, I have no clue of how to act around such a girl with beauty and tact. You calle...
by Brian
Tue Jul 03, 2007 1:33 am UTC
Forum: Your art and links
Topic: They Might Be Funny Comics
Replies: 17
Views: 4391

The style in which the comic is drawn is slightly distracting. Stick figures with defined hair slow down the comic as does the blocky text-bubbles.

Good idea, just needs to deliver faster.
by Brian
Mon Jul 02, 2007 10:15 pm UTC
Forum: Your art and links
Topic: Visual DNA
Replies: 17
Views: 3039

Apparently, I'm pretty much a 15-17 year old girl. :?
by Brian
Mon Jul 02, 2007 9:59 pm UTC
Forum: Serious Business
Topic: US Constitution and the Bush Era
Replies: 109
Views: 13505

In addition to cynicism, as zenten noted, I think that we also have no idea of what's going on first hand. We aren't directly involved in anything that's going on in any way besides through our TVs. We've never had a war fought on our own ground spare for a few short, horrific instances. Most of us ...
by Brian
Sun Jul 01, 2007 9:41 pm UTC
Forum: Forum Games
Topic: Orly?
Replies: 115
Views: 17216

Eleven wrote:needs moar cowbell


/agree imo
by Brian
Fri Jun 29, 2007 10:29 pm UTC
Forum: Your art and links
Topic: Redux: Website's argument on Logic, Language, and Philosophy
Replies: 92
Views: 17833

Re Brian: Your post is unclear and not about my site and will not receive a response. First of all, you understand what I'm saying. Please don't avoid the question of the relevance of your website to... well, anything. You seem to be avoiding anyone asking hard-hitting questions. Also, my post was ...
by Brian
Fri Jun 29, 2007 8:19 pm UTC
Forum: General
Topic: How many forums do you frequent daily?
Replies: 54
Views: 6929

stuck wrote:Two. This one and another i've been a member of since 1999/2000. It used to be four but then i gamequit WoW.

I've never met a living survivor...

How does it feel?
by Brian
Fri Jun 29, 2007 6:46 am UTC
Forum: Your art and links
Topic: Redux: Website's argument on Logic, Language, and Philosophy
Replies: 92
Views: 17833

Re: Redux: Website's argument on Logic, Language, and Philos

You can dissect those ideas, and we can go into excrutiating detail, but in this case it's not fruitful. Let's say I say "I need to borrow a dollar," and you say "What exactly constitutes a dollar?" And I can in theory, with enough time give an answer. In this case I'd go with t...
by Brian
Fri Jun 29, 2007 4:22 am UTC
Forum: Your art and links
Topic: Redux: Website's argument on Logic, Language, and Philosophy
Replies: 92
Views: 17833

Phenriz wrote:genius, but Descartes wrote about it first.

Yea, but you can't prove that Descartes wrote about it first. :lol:
by Brian
Fri Jun 29, 2007 4:18 am UTC
Forum: Your art and links
Topic: Redux: Website's argument on Logic, Language, and Philosophy
Replies: 92
Views: 17833

Phenriz wrote:is there a TLDR version?

Roun's post is the TLDR version.
by Brian
Fri Jun 29, 2007 3:54 am UTC
Forum: Forum Games
Topic: Picture Pwn4ge!
Replies: 8368
Views: 1228285

Image
flood pwns dunes
by Brian
Fri Jun 29, 2007 3:35 am UTC
Forum: Your art and links
Topic: Redux: Website's argument on Logic, Language, and Philosophy
Replies: 92
Views: 17833

The line of philosophy displayed by your site is the definition of arrogance. You are simply disassembling language. This has no purpose except to let other people know that you have a deeper understanding thereof. To put it in terms of the site itself: Proving a statement is only one issue in philo...
by Brian
Thu Jun 28, 2007 6:51 pm UTC
Forum: Serious Business
Topic: Women's Rights Movement That Went Too Far
Replies: 324
Views: 34430

3.14159265... wrote:All women cities?

Imagine that one time of the month.... times an entire city.

I'm scared.
by Brian
Fri Jun 22, 2007 10:47 pm UTC
Forum: Serious Business
Topic: The difference between religion and mental illness.
Replies: 318
Views: 48861

So, assuming he hasn't chosen me, which seems to be a safe bet at this time, am I condemned to burn in hell because God didn't give a shit about me? Or are your beliefs more in line with Jehova's Witnesses who say I'll just cease to exist when I die? There are many christian beliefs on the matter, ...
by Brian
Fri Jun 22, 2007 10:01 pm UTC
Forum: Serious Business
Topic: The difference between religion and mental illness.
Replies: 318
Views: 48861

Neither can I, and I haven't. I asked how they justified worshipping a God they admit does not care for them. Well, here's the misunderstanding. As the story goes, God has always had a chosen people. These chosen people are the people he as chosen to assign "value" to. For a long time it ...
by Brian
Fri Jun 22, 2007 9:45 pm UTC
Forum: Serious Business
Topic: The difference between religion and mental illness.
Replies: 318
Views: 48861

As with any forum, emotion does not come out as intended. I'm not here to invest part of myself into this thread, expecting results. I posted to express a view point that wasn't being accounted for throughout the thread (which I merely skimmed). Me not answering your most recent question is not out ...
by Brian
Fri Jun 22, 2007 9:26 pm UTC
Forum: Serious Business
Topic: The difference between religion and mental illness.
Replies: 318
Views: 48861

Mighty Jalapeno wrote:And I repeat... So you claim that indifferent or hateful Gods are also worthy of worship?

Your question comes off as offensive and loaded. Your terminology is also relative. I don't think anyone's going to answer you.

edit - answer with a "yes, and I do," that is.
by Brian
Fri Jun 22, 2007 8:59 pm UTC
Forum: Serious Business
Topic: The difference between religion and mental illness.
Replies: 318
Views: 48861

So you are all for buying a puppy, and then torturing it, given that the puppy was 'created' for you and your pleasure. You could then spare and heal it, because "being inconsiderate of the desires of the puppy often coexists with one showing compassion because he wants to". You could the...
by Brian
Fri Jun 22, 2007 8:00 pm UTC
Forum: Serious Business
Topic: The difference between religion and mental illness.
Replies: 318
Views: 48861

If this is so, you believe in a different sort of God than most; most consider God to be perfectly virtuous, and virtue, by almost every definition, involves at least some consideration of human suffering. One could, of course, define virtuous action as "that which conforms to God's will."...
by Brian
Fri Jun 22, 2007 7:44 pm UTC
Forum: Serious Business
Topic: The difference between religion and mental illness.
Replies: 318
Views: 48861

If God is omniscient, then he had no know Adam would eat the fruit, thus Adam's decision was pre-ordained and while it would feel to him as though he had free will, in fact there was only one way that scenario could play out. Hmm... God as an abusive parent. Yeah, I can see it. Hath not the potter ...
by Brian
Fri Jun 22, 2007 5:11 pm UTC
Forum: Serious Business
Topic: The difference between religion and mental illness.
Replies: 318
Views: 48861

The combination of free will and an omnipotent God is laughable... I want to ask you to explain, but that would be yet another blatant tangent in this crazy thread... I'll make it quick then. If God created everything and knows everything, then it is impossible for Him to have done anything 'uninte...
by Brian
Fri Jun 22, 2007 6:34 am UTC
Forum: Serious Business
Topic: The difference between religion and mental illness.
Replies: 318
Views: 48861

I'm unwilling to read through every post in the thread. The topic of discussion assumes that there is nothing that is both true and religious. It is undeniable that there are sects upon sects running around ignorantly, assuming that everyone else is wrong. But discussion like this assumes that there...
by Brian
Mon Jun 18, 2007 12:45 am UTC
Forum: News & Articles
Topic: America Finally Wants To Be Smart!
Replies: 64
Views: 12638

On the FAQ, it says that the Smart Car only gets around 40+ mpg...

Don't hybrids get way more than that? If so, what the hell is the point of these things?
by Brian
Thu Jun 14, 2007 4:25 am UTC
Forum: Forum Games
Topic: Picture Pwn4ge!
Replies: 8368
Views: 1228285

Image
Castle with argumentative french guard > Castle with moat
by Brian
Mon Jun 11, 2007 10:20 pm UTC
Forum: Forum Games
Topic: Picture Pwn4ge!
Replies: 8368
Views: 1228285

Image
by Brian
Mon Jun 11, 2007 5:53 pm UTC
Forum: General
Topic: A Hypothetical MetaQuestion
Replies: 47
Views: 7312

What are you trying to accomplish by wearing that shirt?
by Brian
Mon Jun 11, 2007 5:50 pm UTC
Forum: Serious Business
Topic: Fun article on ethics by an MIT professor, but --
Replies: 18
Views: 4089

http://xkcd.com/c137.html in my opinion. Trying to apply scientific rules to opinion is possible, but largely a waste of time. What does a set of shiny definitions really add to the world?
by Brian
Sat Jun 09, 2007 5:03 am UTC
Forum: Gaming
Topic: Final Fantasy: Lamentations of Lost Potential (Split: KH)
Replies: 48
Views: 7827

Final Fantasy Tacticts was the last good FF game. 5 & 6 were great, then...

7... meh
by Brian
Thu Jun 07, 2007 5:15 pm UTC
Forum: Forum Games
Topic: Picture Pwn4ge!
Replies: 8368
Views: 1228285

Image
Jerry is no ordinary mouse.

Jerry > enormous mouse trap
by Brian
Thu Jun 07, 2007 4:37 pm UTC
Forum: Gaming
Topic: ... the Kingdom Hearts thread
Replies: 97
Views: 18878

I have nothing against Square, mainly because they co-developed and co-published Super Mario RPG. I've never played it, but I love the first two Paper Mario games, and they might not have been made if it weren't for Super Mario RPG. For the love of all things good and holy: GO PICK THIS GAME UP, NOW!
by Brian
Mon Jun 04, 2007 9:11 pm UTC
Forum: General
Topic: Maybe if this poster is witty enough...
Replies: 54
Views: 13169

Half of the ones at despair.com are noted as good to give to "Disaffected college students." Being the objective ass that I am, I have to admit that they are all correct in their broad and yet eerily specific sterotyping directed at students like myself.

:?
by Brian
Mon Jun 04, 2007 6:01 pm UTC
Forum: News & Articles
Topic: Parental Fitness and Surrogacy
Replies: 11
Views: 3110

However, in this case, someone just has to refuse (in an awesomely justified way) to *help* her have a kid (like an irresponsible cow), so the question is, does anyone *owe* her *help* in making a totally awful decision? True thoughts in parentheses. Sometimes I forget where I'm posting. Belial is ...

Go to advanced search