Search found 4357 matches

by felltir
Thu Mar 27, 2014 11:32 pm UTC
Forum: Coding
Topic: Coding: Fleeting Thoughts
Replies: 9990
Views: 2007727

Re: Coding: Fleeting Thoughts

Code: Select all

["10", "10", "10", "10"].map(parseInt)
makes me unhappy.
by felltir
Thu Mar 13, 2014 7:44 pm UTC
Forum: XKCD Meetups
Topic: [UK] London - http://fourquartersbar.co.uk
Replies: 1549
Views: 439873

Re: [UK] London - Home of Literature, Time, & the Black Deat

So am I!
by felltir
Thu Mar 13, 2014 8:06 am UTC
Forum: Gaming
Topic: Dota 2 : Dota Harder
Replies: 339
Views: 116313

Re: Dota 2 : Dota Harder

I had a pretty awesome game as Centaur Warrunner yesterday. Very fun.
by felltir
Tue Mar 11, 2014 9:00 pm UTC
Forum: General
Topic: Hype your ripe snipes 'n' gripes
Replies: 28619
Views: 3532681

Re: Pant Thread (because we need more panting)

so one project from our mysteriously absent coder turned into ALL the projects from our mysterious coder. Now kiddies, listen, don't ever learn coding. python is a gateway drug, it leads to many frustrated hours after work staring at your monitor, ripping your hair out. Demand a raise and training....
by felltir
Thu Mar 06, 2014 7:23 pm UTC
Forum: General
Topic: Hifaleetin' thoughts
Replies: 90216
Views: 9230503

Re: Unfetched hashes and turtle-excluding devices

don't write any crypto
by felltir
Sun Mar 02, 2014 10:07 am UTC
Forum: Forum Games
Topic: Ban the person above you
Replies: 20286
Views: 1196506

Re: Ban the person above you

Banned because I am the only true sniper.
by felltir
Mon Sep 23, 2013 12:43 pm UTC
Forum: General
Topic: ITT: We make xkcd slightly worse.
Replies: 8671
Views: 1833269

Re: ITT: We make xkcd slightly worse.

Ooooh. I like it.
by felltir
Mon Jul 22, 2013 1:36 pm UTC
Forum: General
Topic: Hype your ripe snipes 'n' gripes
Replies: 28619
Views: 3532681

Re: Pant Thread (because we need more panting)

Pant: Pant. Pant pant pant. 'stoogaddamnhot.
by felltir
Thu Jun 13, 2013 1:13 pm UTC
Forum: General
Topic: Confessional Shed - I'll keep a look-out
Replies: 38049
Views: 2814349

Re: Confessional Shed - I'll keep a look-out

I really killed this thread for quite a while there.
by felltir
Sun May 19, 2013 7:29 pm UTC
Forum: General
Topic: Hype your ripe snipes 'n' gripes
Replies: 28619
Views: 3532681

Re: Pant Thread (because we need more panting)

My rant: That bullshit ^^
by felltir
Thu May 16, 2013 10:02 pm UTC
Forum: News & Articles
Topic: Woman Sues NBA player For Alleged Rape (Trigger Warning)
Replies: 106
Views: 20719

Re: Woman Sues NBA player For Alleged Rape (Trigger Warning)

She can't, because the police won't take the case. That's been said quite a few times now.
by felltir
Thu May 16, 2013 6:42 pm UTC
Forum: General
Topic: Hifaleetin' thoughts
Replies: 90216
Views: 9230503

Re: unwashed dishes and toilet paper tubes

by felltir
Thu May 02, 2013 4:06 pm UTC
Forum: General
Topic: I Shouldn't Have To Say This
Replies: 2609
Views: 392185

Re: I Shouldn't Have To Say This

False beliefs are still false, and as such cannot be valid.
by felltir
Thu May 02, 2013 9:36 am UTC
Forum: General
Topic: I Shouldn't Have To Say This
Replies: 2609
Views: 392185

Re: I Shouldn't Have To Say This

ISHTST: Nothing ever legitimises racism.
by felltir
Tue Apr 30, 2013 10:26 am UTC
Forum: General
Topic: Hype your ripe snipes 'n' gripes
Replies: 28619
Views: 3532681

Re: Pant Thread (because we need more panting)

TimelordSimone wrote:Focus groups always get asked "if [brand/product] was a person, what would they be like?" and EVERY focus group is terrible at this question, and I'm really growing to loathe listening to it.


If you were a person, what would you be like?
by felltir
Sun Apr 28, 2013 11:19 am UTC
Forum: Forum Games
Topic: Where In The World Is Vytron? 7 - CBusAlex wins!
Replies: 709
Views: 143072

Re: Where in the world is Vytron?

Second.
by felltir
Thu Apr 25, 2013 9:24 pm UTC
Forum: General
Topic: Hifaleetin' thoughts
Replies: 90216
Views: 9230503

Re: unwashed dishes and toilet paper tubes

What even was it?
by felltir
Fri Apr 19, 2013 5:34 pm UTC
Forum: General
Topic: Hype your ripe snipes 'n' gripes
Replies: 28619
Views: 3532681

Re: Pant Thread (because we need more panting)

gmalivuk wrote:
felltir wrote:otherwise
Please don't use that word.

Given it's been discussed now that people probably ought to explain why, can I ask why?
by felltir
Fri Apr 19, 2013 3:59 pm UTC
Forum: General
Topic: Hype your ripe snipes 'n' gripes
Replies: 28619
Views: 3532681

Re: Pant Thread (because we need more panting)

You could also kindly notify people why the word offends you, and recognize that people who aren't from the UK may not be being ignorant or intentionally insensitive. You've a few times now effectively demanded people not use the word. You may have better luck with a different tact, is all I'm sayi...
by felltir
Fri Apr 19, 2013 3:24 pm UTC
Forum: General
Topic: Hype your ripe snipes 'n' gripes
Replies: 28619
Views: 3532681

Re: Pant Thread (because we need more panting)

Just because no-one present is offended doesn't make a term okay. Isn't the contrary true though too? Just because someone somewhere may be offended by something you say, doesn't mean it's not ok. Yup, that's true as well. I tend to err on the side of caution, other people may choose to err on the ...
by felltir
Fri Apr 19, 2013 12:21 pm UTC
Forum: General
Topic: Hype your ripe snipes 'n' gripes
Replies: 28619
Views: 3532681

Re: Pant Thread (because we need more panting)

You all can see my posts, yeah? I explained what I meant, just a few posts ago. Here's a link
by felltir
Fri Apr 19, 2013 9:45 am UTC
Forum: General
Topic: Hype your ripe snipes 'n' gripes
Replies: 28619
Views: 3532681

Re: Pant Thread (because we need more panting)

On the other hand, I'm pretty pro-"Pay attention to the actual words you're using and all of their meanings as quite a few innocent phrases and slang aren't innocent at all" This, pretty much. Sly Reaper: I'm not saying anyone can't use words. I've asked them not to, and now people know h...
by felltir
Thu Apr 18, 2013 2:56 pm UTC
Forum: General
Topic: Hype your ripe snipes 'n' gripes
Replies: 28619
Views: 3532681

Re: Pant Thread (because we need more panting)

That link pretty clearly indicates my feelings on the word.

SurgicalSteel wrote:
felltir wrote:
SurgicalSteel wrote: spaz out
Don't use those words, especially not like that, please.
I apologize. I'll be more careful with my language in the future.
Thank you.
by felltir
Thu Apr 18, 2013 12:18 pm UTC
Forum: General
Topic: Hype your ripe snipes 'n' gripes
Replies: 28619
Views: 3532681

Re: Pant Thread (because we need more panting)

SurgicalSteel wrote: spaz out


Don't use those words, especially not like that, please.
by felltir
Wed Apr 10, 2013 12:14 pm UTC
Forum: General
Topic: I Shouldn't Have To Say This
Replies: 2609
Views: 392185

Re: I Shouldn't Have To Say This

emceng wrote:If you leave your phone at your desk, either put it on silent, or make sure it doesn't ring 20 fucking times when you get a call.


This literally happened just now at my work.
by felltir
Tue Apr 09, 2013 2:46 pm UTC
Forum: Forum Games
Topic: Guess The Next Poster
Replies: 23700
Views: 1853589

Re: Guess The Next Poster

Nope!

maninblack wrote:No,

Moar Felltir?


No capital, please!

marionic?
by felltir
Tue Apr 09, 2013 1:27 pm UTC
Forum: Forum Games
Topic: Guess The Next Poster
Replies: 23700
Views: 1853589

Re: Guess The Next Poster

Nah.

Patzer?
by felltir
Tue Apr 02, 2013 4:35 pm UTC
Forum: News & Articles
Topic: Nearly 5% of the US population is on disability
Replies: 149
Views: 14956

Re: Nearly 5% of the US population is on disability

leady wrote:Be thankful you aren't british, the combination of incapacity and disability benefits is over 10%.


And that's the we we'd like to fucking keep it, thanks.

The current british government can go fuck itself.
by felltir
Fri Mar 29, 2013 10:03 pm UTC
Forum: General
Topic: Hifaleetin' thoughts
Replies: 90216
Views: 9230503

Re: unwashed dishes and toilet paper tubes

not normal, which be a prættig sucky thing to force on someone. See, that be an attitude I don't agree with. there be a connection between "normal" and "good", and between "abnormal" and "bad", when there doth not need to be. Not that I be opposed to the term...
by felltir
Fri Mar 29, 2013 7:56 pm UTC
Forum: Individual XKCD Comic Threads
Topic: 1190: "Time"
Replies: 107351
Views: 51732458

Re: 1190: "Things that be on my side for 600, Alex!"

doth anyone else have the title of the article replaced by "Things that be on my side for 600, Alex!"? There be other things too, but doth anyone else see it? whats going on? hath the forum be-done hacked? ...hwæt be you talking about? None of that be happening... get some sleep dude. So ...
by felltir
Fri Mar 29, 2013 7:53 pm UTC
Forum: General
Topic: Hifaleetin' thoughts
Replies: 90216
Views: 9230503

Re: unwashed dishes and toilet paper tubes

The generally accepted word for that is "genderqueer". Seperate from cis/trans.
by felltir
Fri Mar 29, 2013 7:26 pm UTC
Forum: General
Topic: Hifaleetin' thoughts
Replies: 90216
Views: 9230503

Re: unwashed dishes and toilet paper tubes

their use of cis as a supposed opposite to trans. Emphasis mine. Things like that are why there are arguments, because people don't take others feelings into account. You complain about them asking you for your time, when you are asking for theirs in a way that's pretty offensive. You say they won'...
by felltir
Fri Mar 29, 2013 7:15 pm UTC
Forum: General
Topic: THE MADNESS GOES
Replies: 315
Views: 70370

Re: THE RECKONING COMES

elminster wrote:Image


Image

The original, of course, being:Image
by felltir
Fri Mar 29, 2013 6:56 pm UTC
Forum: General
Topic: Hifaleetin' thoughts
Replies: 90216
Views: 9230503

Re: unwashed dishes and toilet paper tubes

1. How the fuck be it that the 'Things that are on my side for 600, Alex!' individual comic small sequence of programmed instructions be already 144 pages long? it be be-done like five days. 2. I be having such problems reading the fora right now. yarg. 3. Write stake. Copy into Notepad. Watch hwæt...
by felltir
Fri Mar 29, 2013 2:47 pm UTC
Forum: General
Topic: THE MADNESS GOES
Replies: 315
Views: 70370

Re: THE RECKONING COMES

Роберт wrote:
SexyTalon wrote:My house be full of traps.

there be a horse in aisle five.

Is that... is that all you can say?
by felltir
Fri Mar 29, 2013 2:42 pm UTC
Forum: Individual XKCD Comic Threads
Topic: 1190: "Time"
Replies: 107351
Views: 51732458

Re: 1190: "Things that be on my side for 600, Alex!"

SecondTalon wrote:
felltir wrote:
SexyTalon wrote:HODOR


That be-did fucking spectacular.


.....

I forgot to take a screenshot.


On the house.
by felltir
Fri Mar 29, 2013 2:38 pm UTC
Forum: Individual XKCD Comic Threads
Topic: 1190: "Time"
Replies: 107351
Views: 51732458

Re: 1190: "Things that be on my side for 600, Alex!"

SecondTalon wrote:HODOR


That was fucking spectacular.
by felltir
Fri Mar 29, 2013 2:33 pm UTC
Forum: Individual XKCD Comic Threads
Topic: 1190: "Time"
Replies: 107351
Views: 51732458

Re: 1190: "Things that be on my side for 600, Alex!"

Wow. I grab a few newpix of sleep and all hell breaks loose. Edit: cool, I_said_something unmangleable. Holy crap, you typed newpix? Uh oh. Was_I not supposed to? Is_that a faux pas now, and I missed it? No, I just assumed it be-did a instant someone else set up. Neat! ... now to go figure out hwæt...
by felltir
Fri Mar 29, 2013 2:24 pm UTC
Forum: Individual XKCD Comic Threads
Topic: 1190: "Time"
Replies: 107351
Views: 51732458

Re: 1190: "Things that are on my side for 600, Alex!"

Read the announcement.

its_mod_madness
by felltir
Fri Mar 29, 2013 2:19 pm UTC
Forum: General
Topic: THE MADNESS GOES
Replies: 315
Views: 70370

Re: THE RECKONING COMES

I'm not even doing anything and I am

Go to advanced search