Search found 312 matches

by viscusanima
Mon Jan 17, 2011 4:32 pm UTC
Forum: General
Topic: Confessional Shed - I'll keep a look-out
Replies: 38049
Views: 2848773

Re: Confessional Shed - I'll keep a look-out

Wow! It really works!

I'm going to hunter2 your hunter2ing hunter2, hunter2er!
by viscusanima
Mon Jan 17, 2011 4:13 pm UTC
Forum: General
Topic: Lucky Ten Thousand (TIL)
Replies: 13423
Views: 1768182

Re: Today I Learned

SECTION 34. It shall be prohibited: a) To mutilate, deface, defile, trample on or cast contempt or commit any act or omission casting dishonor or ridicule upon the flag or over its surface; b) To dip the flag to any person or object by way of compliment or salute; c) To use the flag: 1&...
by viscusanima
Sun Jan 16, 2011 5:17 pm UTC
Forum: General
Topic: How do we know you have a face unless you post it?
Replies: 20910
Views: 3072503

Re: Postify your facerity

Image

EVERYONE else in this picture looked joyous, except myself and my friend, who bared his teeth. I think this must have been taken during my serial killer phase.
by viscusanima
Fri Jan 14, 2011 9:28 pm UTC
Forum: General
Topic: Fleeting Thoughts without all the posts being about ass
Replies: 27
Views: 3125

Re: Fleeting Thoughts without all the posts being about ass

kingofdreams wrote:I am slacking off and yet results are brilliant. This era will never end (please dear god don't end)


One day you'll just wake up and it'll be business ass usual.

Just sayin'.
by viscusanima
Wed Jan 12, 2011 6:18 pm UTC
Forum: General
Topic: Most excellent times
Replies: 5132
Views: 922711

Re: Awesome Thread (because we need more awesome)

Second awesome: my parents, to celebrate my getting an offer from a med school/Cambridge, bought me an amazing Clinical Atlas of Human Anatomy, complete with hundreds of photographs of dead bodies and a DVD with a thousand clinical cases. This'll last me all the way through med school. AWESOME.
by viscusanima
Tue Jan 11, 2011 8:38 pm UTC
Forum: General
Topic: Most excellent times
Replies: 5132
Views: 922711

Re: Awesome Thread (because we need more awesome)

I have to ask though, do you know any Brit applicants who've had medicine offers yet? Because all of us in my year are still waiting to even hear about interviews. If you look on The Student Room, there are quite a few. I got rejected from Birmingham after my interview, as well. Have you not had an...
by viscusanima
Tue Jan 11, 2011 6:19 pm UTC
Forum: General
Topic: Most excellent times
Replies: 5132
Views: 922711

Re: Awesome Thread (because we need more awesome)

Awesome: I got an offer from Cambridge!

Going to be studying Medicine at Churchill College. Just need to get an A* in Chem, an A in Bio and an A in Lit or Politics.

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY :D
by viscusanima
Sun Jan 02, 2011 9:33 am UTC
Forum: General
Topic: Hype your ripe snipes 'n' gripes
Replies: 28619
Views: 3572799

Re: Rant Thread (because we need more ranting)

Social niceties in general are very good at making people feel shitty and withdrawn. It always amazes me how people will go out of their way not to cause a fuss, just to ensure that they don't contravene unspoken social rules, even if it means them feeling like utter shite or having bad shit happen.
by viscusanima
Sun Jan 02, 2011 9:12 am UTC
Forum: General
Topic: Age
Replies: 958
Views: 215218

Re: Age

Oh god I'm 18 today what the fuck.
by viscusanima
Wed Dec 29, 2010 3:51 pm UTC
Forum: General
Topic: Pronunciation, Spelling and Grammar. How important are they?
Replies: 50
Views: 5620

Re: Pronunciation, Spelling and Grammar. How important are t

I'm going to go and cry in the corner now. I hope you're proud of yourself.
by viscusanima
Wed Dec 29, 2010 3:41 pm UTC
Forum: General
Topic: Pronunciation, Spelling and Grammar. How important are they?
Replies: 50
Views: 5620

Re: Pronunciation, Spelling and Grammar. How important are t

SecondTalon wrote:Sure it was. Whatever helps you sleep at night.


:wink:


But that was the entire point of my post!
by viscusanima
Wed Dec 29, 2010 3:25 pm UTC
Forum: General
Topic: Pronunciation, Spelling and Grammar. How important are they?
Replies: 50
Views: 5620

Re: Pronunciation, Spelling and Grammar. How important are t

OR the other kind, who's odd sentence structure and peculiar word choices The whole They're/Their/There thing is also fairly inexcusable, So who's/whose is fair game? :P I think you just went to o far. Yes. Yes we did. A bit late, maybe, but I just want to point out that that was intentional!
by viscusanima
Tue Dec 28, 2010 3:24 pm UTC
Forum: General
Topic: Pronunciation, Spelling and Grammar. How important are they?
Replies: 50
Views: 5620

Re: Pronunciation, Spelling and Grammar. How important are t

Zohar wrote:
SexyTalon wrote:OR the other kind, who's odd sentence structure and peculiar word choices

The whole They're/Their/There thing is also fairly inexcusable,

So who's/whose is fair game? :P


I think you just went to far.
by viscusanima
Tue Dec 28, 2010 1:07 am UTC
Forum: General
Topic: Pronunciation, Spelling and Grammar. How important are they?
Replies: 50
Views: 5620

Re: Pronunciation, Spelling and Grammar. How important are t

The beautiful thing is that you're so going to be smited by the 17th century Latin-obsessed introverted gods for your spelling in the first poll option. I agree, for the most part. I see no reason to be grammatically/syntactically/etcly correct at all times, or else there's no room for error or crea...
by viscusanima
Wed Dec 08, 2010 7:54 am UTC
Forum: General
Topic: Hifaleetin' thoughts
Replies: 90225
Views: 9346213

Re: Momentary/Meandering/Meditations (Random like the plague

I have this little riff from "Tomorrow's Dream" (Black Sabbath) stuck in my head. I cannot get it out. Arrrggghhhh *shuffles off to listen to more metal in hopes of getting it out* I've got worse - throughout the whole of my Chemistry mock exam last week, I had Tim Minchin's 'Ten foot coc...
by viscusanima
Sun Dec 05, 2010 9:49 pm UTC
Forum: General
Topic: Hype your ripe snipes 'n' gripes
Replies: 28619
Views: 3572799

Re: Rant Thread (because we need more ranting)

As I'd hoped, Ben Goldacre's picked up on it. Let's see if he can make any kind of fuss about it.
by viscusanima
Sun Dec 05, 2010 9:20 pm UTC
Forum: General
Topic: Hype your ripe snipes 'n' gripes
Replies: 28619
Views: 3572799

Re: Rant Thread (because we need more ranting)

Thing is, this will probably go through without a fight, because drugs are a soft target. Anyone who expresses an opinion other 'OH MY GOD THINK OF THE CHILDREN AND BAN THOSE LIFE-SUCKING MONSTROSITIES' is branded a dirty hippy and their opinion is disregarded by the masses, who reach for their pack...
by viscusanima
Sun Dec 05, 2010 8:16 pm UTC
Forum: General
Topic: Hype your ripe snipes 'n' gripes
Replies: 28619
Views: 3572799

Re: Rant Thread (because we need more ranting)

http://www.guardian.co.uk/politics/2010/dec/05/government-scientific-advice-drugs-policy?CMP=twt_fd The government are trolling, right? Right? RIGHT?! I'm pretty sure they're just pushing this policy through so that scenarios like this don't have to happen anymore: Minister: We don't like this drug...
by viscusanima
Sun Dec 05, 2010 4:13 pm UTC
Forum: General
Topic: Hifaleetin' thoughts
Replies: 90225
Views: 9346213

Re: Momentary/Meandering/Meditations (Random like the plague

Great, so people are thinking about child abuse. How on earth does that help someone who's actually suffering from child abuse? Great, so people are thinking about breast cancer research. How on Earth does that help someone who's actually suffering from breast cancer? Great, so people are thinking ...
by viscusanima
Sun Dec 05, 2010 3:30 pm UTC
Forum: General
Topic: Hifaleetin' thoughts
Replies: 90225
Views: 9346213

Re: Momentary/Meandering/Meditations (Random like the plague

http://regazzadilupo.tumblr.com/post/2103792638/i-was-an-abused-child I'm a bit annoyed by this post. The entire point of the rant seems to boil down to: "The pictures aren't doing anything, GO DO SOMETHING REAL FOR CHARITY!" while the author sounds condescending as all heck and insulting...
by viscusanima
Sun Dec 05, 2010 1:36 pm UTC
Forum: General
Topic: Hifaleetin' thoughts
Replies: 90225
Views: 9346213

Re: Momentary/Meandering/Meditations (Random like the plague

This facebook meme with the cartoon characters is starting to piss me off. Here's why: http://regazzadilupo.tumblr.com/post/2103792638/i-was-an-abused-child People are saying 'oh I don't know how it helps, it's a fun excuse to change my profile picture though!' and neglecting the fact that for the p...
by viscusanima
Sun Nov 28, 2010 5:27 pm UTC
Forum: General
Topic: Hifaleetin' thoughts
Replies: 90225
Views: 9346213

Re: Momentary/Meandering/Meditations (Random like the plague

Augh, I don't understand how people can tolerate collecting clocks. They get SO LOUD, and then you have like thirty of them, and how are you not COMPLETELY INSANE? I am leaving today, which is probably a good thing, though I've otherwise found Thanksgiving weekend up here really relaxing. I have ha...
by viscusanima
Sat Nov 27, 2010 5:25 pm UTC
Forum: General
Topic: Hifaleetin' thoughts
Replies: 90225
Views: 9346213

Re: Momentary/Meandering/Meditations (Random like the plague

Did I say skin? I meant mucous membrane.
by viscusanima
Sat Nov 27, 2010 4:55 pm UTC
Forum: General
Topic: Hifaleetin' thoughts
Replies: 90225
Views: 9346213

Re: Momentary/Meandering/Meditations (Random like the plague

Tomato-based sauces are the worst for burns. Y'know when you burn the roof of your mouth and you get a flap of skin and then it's sore for days and days, just because you had the audacity to attempt to eat your bolognaise? Yeah, that shit sucks.
by viscusanima
Sun Nov 21, 2010 12:18 pm UTC
Forum: General
Topic: Hifaleetin' thoughts
Replies: 90225
Views: 9346213

Re: Momentary/Meandering/Meditations (Random like the plague

Had a friend round last night, got horrifically drunk on vanilla vodka. Woke up this morning and there was vomit in the shower. Neither of us can remember doing it. I don't think I did it because I don't tend to get memory blackouts, he doesn't think he did it because he kneels down when he vomits, ...
by viscusanima
Sat Nov 20, 2010 10:12 pm UTC
Forum: General
Topic: Actual Drnukenness!
Replies: 1358
Views: 345509

Re: Actual Drnukenness!

Getting drunk on vanilla vodka with my mate, it's weaomese
by viscusanima
Tue Nov 16, 2010 5:30 pm UTC
Forum: General
Topic: Hifaleetin' thoughts
Replies: 90225
Views: 9346213

Re: Momentary/Meandering/Meditations (Random like the plague

Yes.
by viscusanima
Tue Nov 16, 2010 5:22 pm UTC
Forum: General
Topic: Hifaleetin' thoughts
Replies: 90225
Views: 9346213

Re: Momentary/Meandering/Meditations (Random like the plague

podbaydoor wrote:I prefer the Four My Little Ponies of the Apocalypse. You've never seen armageddon arrive so adorably.
Spoiler:
Image


But which one is which?
by viscusanima
Tue Nov 16, 2010 3:24 pm UTC
Forum: General
Topic: Most excellent times
Replies: 5132
Views: 922711

Re: Awesome Thread (because we need more awesome)

Guys guys guys I have an interview at Cambridge :D
by viscusanima
Sat Nov 13, 2010 11:47 am UTC
Forum: General
Topic: [SAFESPACE] LGBTIQQA Thread - Queer Support!
Replies: 8248
Views: 1493426

Re: [SAFESPACE] LGBTIQQ Thread - Queer Support!

So yesterday I had a meeting for Student Council at school. Before it, I was in the room with two little Year 7s, both English, and the Year 10 rep, a short Cypriot kid with an attitude. The kid goes 'hey, why are you all blonde?!' and points at us. I say 'actually, my hair's brown', and one of the ...
by viscusanima
Wed Nov 10, 2010 1:44 pm UTC
Forum: General
Topic: Hifaleetin' thoughts
Replies: 90225
Views: 9346213

Re: Momentary/Meandering/Meditations (Random like the plague

There's over 50000 people currently in London protesting the tuition fees hike.

I wonder if it will do any good.
by viscusanima
Tue Nov 09, 2010 4:19 pm UTC
Forum: General
Topic: Lucky Ten Thousand (TIL)
Replies: 13423
Views: 1768182

Re: Today I Learned

TIL: why it takes us several seconds to be able to see anything upon entering a darkened room from a bright one. Yay, rhodopsin!
by viscusanima
Fri Nov 05, 2010 8:21 pm UTC
Forum: General
Topic: [SAFESPACE] LGBTIQQA Thread - Queer Support!
Replies: 8248
Views: 1493426

Re: [SAFESPACE] LGBTIQQ Thread - Queer Support!

Yeah. I mean, I'm in a poly relationship where I'm essentially monogamous and they're not, and I'm cool with it (only due to lack of opportunity, but whatever), so I see your point (hurr). But polygyny in the traditional misogynistic sense of the term isn't cool. It's only cool if everyone realises ...
by viscusanima
Fri Nov 05, 2010 8:12 pm UTC
Forum: General
Topic: [SAFESPACE] LGBTIQQA Thread - Queer Support!
Replies: 8248
Views: 1493426

Re: [SAFESPACE] LGBTIQQ Thread - Queer Support!

SecondTalon wrote:...though the theory of the last one (Multiple people all marrying each other) is something I can get behind, the usual practice (One dude with multiple women who are usually treated as servants at best) I cannot.


Yeah, polyamoury is cool. Polygyny isn't.
by viscusanima
Fri Nov 05, 2010 7:38 pm UTC
Forum: School
Topic: 2011-12 Applications Poll
Replies: 32
Views: 4329

Re: 2011-12 Applications Poll

If you mean undergraduate/pre-med, probably Natural Sciences. If you've already finished that and are now applying to medical school, probably the best choice would be the last category for other programs not mentioned. But you can choose whichever category you think works best. I'm English. We do ...
by viscusanima
Thu Oct 28, 2010 6:40 pm UTC
Forum: School
Topic: 2011-12 Applications Poll
Replies: 32
Views: 4329

Re: 2011-12 Applications Poll

I'm applying to do Medicine- what do you count that as?
by viscusanima
Thu Oct 28, 2010 8:25 am UTC
Forum: General
Topic: The radical idea that women are people
Replies: 3259
Views: 309676

Re: The radical idea that women are people

Something that's been confusing me: what's all this about herstory? I've seen some feminists use it seriously, and others - Jessica Valenti comes to mind here - promise not to use it in a serious way. Does anyone actually use this as a legitimate alternative to history? If so, why ? History comes fr...
by viscusanima
Mon Oct 11, 2010 3:31 pm UTC
Forum: General
Topic: [SAFESPACE] LGBTIQQA Thread - Queer Support!
Replies: 8248
Views: 1493426

Re: [SAFESPACE] LGBTIQQ Thread - Queer Support!

I... think this is the right place to post this? I just had a whim. I want to make a necklace of this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Love_Outside_The_Box.svg . If you can't be bothered to click the link, it's this: http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/2/2f/Love_Outside_The_Box.svg For t...
by viscusanima
Mon Oct 11, 2010 2:50 pm UTC
Forum: General
Topic: Hype your ripe snipes 'n' gripes
Replies: 28619
Views: 3572799

Re: Rant Thread (to balance Awesome Thread)

Dealing with people who think (date)rape jokes are funny. FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFf.
by viscusanima
Sat Oct 09, 2010 1:36 pm UTC
Forum: General
Topic: Hype your ripe snipes 'n' gripes
Replies: 28619
Views: 3572799

Re: Rant Thread (to balance Awesome Thread)

I went to help out at a hospice fundraising event today. Some people, ugh.

'Just one coin for the hospice?' 'No.'

Go to advanced search