Search found 159 matches

by Krealr
Fri Nov 14, 2014 11:59 pm UTC
Forum: Gaming
Topic: Great Steam Deals (And other Online Distribution Systems)
Replies: 2641
Views: 542103

Re: Great Steam Deals (And other Online Distribution Systems

Jorpho wrote:Humble Bundle's latest shtick is that they'll give you an extra game if you can give away a copy of Insurgency. Go figure.

So, come and get it! Let me know if you claim one.
https://www.humblebundle.com/?gift=t4qF5K4yBWqHGzcf



Thanks! :mrgreen:
by Krealr
Mon Oct 27, 2014 8:39 pm UTC
Forum: General
Topic: Hifaleetin' thoughts
Replies: 90200
Views: 9115700

Re: Fluff

Is it just me, or do all of Pixar's animated films have male leads? Wally doesn't have a gender. If you wanted to, you could interpret her/him/it as a short ugly lesbian robot who falls for beautiful feminine EVE. Pixar refers to Wall-E as a he. Earth and somebody forgot to turn the last robot off?...
by Krealr
Tue Oct 21, 2014 4:44 pm UTC
Forum: General
Topic: Most excellent times
Replies: 5132
Views: 905108

Re: Awesome Thread: awesome

My 8 year old daughter has started taking a Saturday science class for kids taught by the chemistry professor from the local community college.

She has already skipped a friends birthday and is planning to skip a Halloween party next Saturday because she would rather do science! :D
by Krealr
Thu Oct 16, 2014 3:40 pm UTC
Forum: Site/Forum issues
Topic: Site Broken in Google Chrome
Replies: 21
Views: 11722

Re: Site Broken in Google Chrome

I tried clearing the cache, but that didn't help. The site renders properly in incognito mode, but not in a normal tab. If it works in incognito mode there's a good chance that one or more of your extensions isn't playing nice with the site. I'd try disabling all of them and seeing if it works. The...
by Krealr
Tue Oct 14, 2014 5:25 pm UTC
Forum: General
Topic: Hifaleetin' thoughts
Replies: 90200
Views: 9115700

Re: Fluff

About five years ago when I was on vacation, I ended up with a dead cell phone in (I think) the Boston airport at 5 AM. I had the old charger from my first phone which wasn't compatible, but it had the same DC output and I didn't need it anymore, so I stripped the wires and charged the battery manu...
by Krealr
Fri Oct 03, 2014 10:08 pm UTC
Forum: Gaming
Topic: What makes a RPG a RPG?
Replies: 183
Views: 26537

Re: What makes a RPG a RPG?

Then rage because newb is newb. So, your typical escort quest then? Noob escorting at least gives you an idiot that can respond to your calm, reasoned suggestions in a way that might manage to pass the Turing test, rather than getting stuck walking against a wall or rushing ahead suicidally... Not ...
by Krealr
Fri Oct 03, 2014 4:04 pm UTC
Forum: Individual XKCD Comic Threads
Topic: 1429: "Data"
Replies: 81
Views: 20461

Re: 1429: Data

In some episodes there were apparently two Datas. There are at least three artificial lifeforms played by Brent Spiner in the (Abrams-free) Star Trek universe - Data, Lore and B4. I am not aware of any occurrences of multiple Datas except possibly in Star Trek: Nemesis where I dimly recall B4 being...
by Krealr
Thu Sep 25, 2014 4:20 pm UTC
Forum: Logic Puzzles
Topic: Simple grid placement puzzle
Replies: 12
Views: 3454

Re: Simple grid placement puzzle

Now 4x4 with the same rules is a bit tougher to find a solution - there are quite a few. Can you find one of them? Am I missing something? This seems impossible. There are 16 total numbers. 7 of them are multiples of 2. (4, 6, 8, 10, 12, 14, 16) Which means after placing 2 I need at least 7...
by Krealr
Wed Sep 24, 2014 5:17 pm UTC
Forum: Logic Puzzles
Topic: Simple grid placement puzzle
Replies: 12
Views: 3454

Re: Simple grid placement puzzle

I think I found a solution.
Spoiler:

Code: Select all

8 1 6
3 7 4
5 2 9


Edit: After some more checking I'm pretty sure it is the only solution. (Other that rotations/reflections)
by Krealr
Thu Sep 18, 2014 4:32 pm UTC
Forum: Gaming
Topic: Great Steam Deals (And other Online Distribution Systems)
Replies: 2641
Views: 542103

Re: Great Steam Deals (And other Online Distribution Systems

I liked the expansion dragonfall better than the original but it was still fun and at 3.74 seems like a steal to me. They've made a lot of improvements to it since the initial release. (Being able to save anywhere was a huge improvement)
by Krealr
Mon Sep 08, 2014 6:13 pm UTC
Forum: Individual XKCD Comic Threads
Topic: 1418: "Horse"
Replies: 101
Views: 26933

Re: 1418: "Horse"

Envelope Generator wrote:
But it happens in spaaaaace. There's no such thing as West in spaaaaace.


Just face the north star and go left. :P
by Krealr
Thu Jul 10, 2014 5:47 pm UTC
Forum: News & Articles
Topic: In other news... (humorous news items)
Replies: 15144
Views: 2630492

Re: In other news... (humorous news items, etc)

Angua wrote:Photobomb!

Spoiler:
Image


It would have been even better if the bird blocked enough of the picture to make it impossible to determine who won. :mrgreen:

Also did they give the seagull second place?
by Krealr
Fri May 30, 2014 5:43 pm UTC
Forum: General
Topic: Hifaleetin' thoughts
Replies: 90200
Views: 9115700

Re: Fluff

Surely you can't write a check for less than 1 cent? (e iπ = -1 and the sum is equal to 1, so it's a check for 0.2 cents.) If they can charge you in increments smaller than 1 cent you should be able to pay them in the same increments. One of these days I want to go to a gas station and ask for exac...
by Krealr
Thu May 15, 2014 9:21 pm UTC
Forum: School
Topic: Should I tell my parents I'm agnostic?
Replies: 5
Views: 10513

Re: Should I tell my parents I'm agnostic?

Where (and whether) you continue your education is not your parents' decision to make, it's yours. It sounds like there are several reasons you don't want to go to that school. Give your parents as many or as few of them as you'd like. If the parents are expected to pay part or all of the tuition/e...
by Krealr
Fri May 02, 2014 9:05 pm UTC
Forum: General
Topic: Hype your ripe snipes 'n' gripes
Replies: 28619
Views: 3490179

Re: Pant Thread (because we need more panting)

I'd like to add my own "fuck" to the "people smoking" rant. So sick of not being able to take one damn walk around my neighborhood without walking through at least one cloud of smoke, and if I didn't take pains to avoid more densely trafficked streets, at least once per block… A...
by Krealr
Thu May 01, 2014 7:49 pm UTC
Forum: News & Articles
Topic: The Darker Side of the News
Replies: 4576
Views: 701478

Re: The Darker Side of the News

The Castle Doctrine refers to your house only. Someone breaks into your home, you have no way of knowing whether they are there because they are starving or there to rape your family, so you can shoot them. In the garage? No, that's not a potential life or limb scenario. What if your garage is part...
by Krealr
Tue Apr 29, 2014 8:12 pm UTC
Forum: General
Topic: Hifaleetin' thoughts
Replies: 90200
Views: 9115700

Re: Fluff

I've noticed sometimes people rapidly scan horizontally with their eyes as they talk to other people. Mostly in movies and TV-shows, and based on a limited sample (half a dozen observations perhaps), it seems to be only women who do this (often while in scenes where they are supposed to be in an ag...
by Krealr
Mon Apr 14, 2014 5:43 pm UTC
Forum: School
Topic: Awesome Student Quotes
Replies: 3
Views: 9912

Re: Awesome Student Quotes

I saw the "Awesome Teacher Quotes" thread, and was surprised by the (hopeful) lack of its counterpart. It's here. http://forums.xkcd.com/viewtopic.php?f=44&t=23643 It's even has the same title as your thread. It just hasn't been posted in for awhile so it kind of dropped off the radar...
by Krealr
Fri Apr 11, 2014 5:56 pm UTC
Forum: General
Topic: Most excellent times
Replies: 5132
Views: 905108

Re: Awesome Thread: awesome

Of course, it goes without saying that the images from Hubble put my images to shame. But there's something satisfying about seeing these things through one's own telescope. The reassurance that it is, in fact, all real and not a government conspiracy? But if you don't build the telescope yourself ...
by Krealr
Wed Apr 02, 2014 4:09 pm UTC
Forum: Site/Forum issues
Topic: Madness discussion
Replies: 259
Views: 49333

Re: Madness discussion

Do you mind clarifying why you feel it is bullying? Preferably by citing definitions of bullying used by psychologists, or the government, or the PTA or something? The school district I work at defines bullying like this (All 3 must be present) HARM - Someone gets hurt, either physically, socially ...
by Krealr
Thu Mar 06, 2014 8:32 pm UTC
Forum: Individual XKCD Comic Threads
Topic: 1338: "Land Mammals"
Replies: 168
Views: 55373

Re: 1338: "Land Mammals"

Milked many chickens lately? :mrgreen: Don't be so smug. Actually, smugness is entirely justified here, since you apparently still haven't read the title of the comic or of this thread, or the physically largest word in the comic image itself. I was going to reply but I see you beat me too it. :P T...
by Krealr
Wed Mar 05, 2014 10:04 pm UTC
Forum: Gaming
Topic: Elder Scrolls Online
Replies: 58
Views: 34193

Re: Elder Scrolls Online

My biggest complaint was how they handled phasing. At first I thought it was too much, but then I felt it wasn't enough. They had some genuinely interesting stories, but it was rather ruined when I walked in on some cool NPC being assassinated while there was a PC standing next to a survivor of the...
by Krealr
Wed Mar 05, 2014 9:06 pm UTC
Forum: Individual XKCD Comic Threads
Topic: 1335: "Now"
Replies: 131
Views: 62146

Re: 1335: "Now"

And I'm sure the fault is my ignorance of this map projection, but I don't understand why there is such a huge gap between Alaska and the eastern tip of Russia when they are in fact only about 50 miles apart (well, really only 2 miles if you count the Diomede Islands). That seemingly huge gap is in...
by Krealr
Wed Mar 05, 2014 7:24 pm UTC
Forum: Individual XKCD Comic Threads
Topic: 1338: "Land Mammals"
Replies: 168
Views: 55373

Re: 1338: "Land Mammals"

Trickster wrote:Dammit. I want more labels too. One of those clumps gotta be chickens. There are a lot of chickens. This needs to be larger and more labeled--it looks partitioned as though that's how it was originally calculated. :P



Milked many chickens lately? :mrgreen:
by Krealr
Wed Mar 05, 2014 6:53 pm UTC
Forum: Logic Puzzles
Topic: Find the final answer
Replies: 9
Views: 4545

Re: Find the final answer

Another thought on what the 13 could mean.

Spoiler:
What if it's taking the first three letter of the previous 2 solution and then doing something to them? So the thirteen doesn't actually add any new letters it just changes what we already have. Like ROT13 maybe?
by Krealr
Wed Feb 05, 2014 8:36 pm UTC
Forum: What If?
Topic: What-if: chat thread
Replies: 123
Views: 141064

Re: What If: It were Weds && Snowing?

ricketybridge wrote:AGHGHGH!!! Randall, you liar!!


Wednesday isn't over yet. (For Randall at least) :P
by Krealr
Thu Jan 30, 2014 4:11 pm UTC
Forum: News & Articles
Topic: In other news... (humorous news items)
Replies: 15144
Views: 2630492

Re: In other news... (humorous news items, etc)

PM 2Ring wrote:Finally, a website with The Truth about vaccination!

http://howdovaccinescauseautism.com/



What do we need to do to make this the first result that shows up on google? :D
by Krealr
Fri Jan 24, 2014 6:37 pm UTC
Forum: General
Topic: Hype your ripe snipes 'n' gripes
Replies: 28619
Views: 3490179

Re: Pant Thread (because we need more panting)

SlyReaper wrote:Rant: This beer has ginger in it. It tastes awful. Bleurgh.


Well then stop ruining perfectly good ginger by adding beer. :P
by Krealr
Mon Jan 13, 2014 7:39 pm UTC
Forum: News & Articles
Topic: Company Using Sex Offender Registries For Extortion
Replies: 43
Views: 14770

Re: Company Using Sex Offender Registries For Extortion

I am surprised at many of the replies here and the misinformation/disinformation and downright b.s. which is repeated. Sex offenders have the lowest reoffense rate of any convicted criminal other than a murderer. (BTW there is no "registry" for murderers, as has been pointed out.) The Cal...
by Krealr
Wed Jan 08, 2014 7:05 pm UTC
Forum: Logic Puzzles
Topic: My write-up of the "Blue Eyes" solution (SPOILER A
Replies: 1368
Views: 419062

Re: My write-up of the "Blue Eyes" solution (SPOILER A

petulantpro wrote:What's wrong with this logic?

<Snip>

-----Conclusion-----
Solution is possible but in a max of 3 days in any situation where N is greater than 3?


See number three on the typical objections page. http://forums.xkcd.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=80149
by Krealr
Tue Jan 07, 2014 10:11 pm UTC
Forum: News & Articles
Topic: Intel® to cease showcasing luxury range of conflict minerals
Replies: 34
Views: 7125

Re: Intel® to cease showcasing luxury range of conflict mine

Heisenberg wrote:Good news. Do you know if Sony does any better than Nintendo? Just curious if there are any good gaming options.


It's in one of the links

Nintendo was the only zero (of the 24 companies) Sony came in with a score of 27 making it 17th out of 24
by Krealr
Fri Dec 20, 2013 10:59 pm UTC
Forum: General
Topic: Should I spend my birthday money on what I want?
Replies: 13
Views: 8178

Re: Should I spend my birthday money on what I want?

Another thought. Does this aunt have a tendency for sarcasm? Maybe she meant the ping pong thing (and the previous snow board thing) as a joke?
by Krealr
Tue Dec 10, 2013 7:25 pm UTC
Forum: Site/Forum issues
Topic: xkcd random button not working
Replies: 7
Views: 16568

Re: xkcd random button not working

I'm getting the same thing. (never really tried it before so no idea how long it's been like this)

Using Opera 12.16 on a Win XP machine in case that makes a difference.

EDIT: And of course now it seems to work fine after previously giving me that message 4 times in a row....
by Krealr
Mon Nov 25, 2013 10:14 pm UTC
Forum: News & Articles
Topic: Police misbehavior thread
Replies: 6933
Views: 1113819

Re: Police misbehavior thread

During one of Sampson's arrests — Sampson being just one of Saleh's alleged employees and customers subjected to police harassment — he's seen refilling a cooler inside the store when an officer walks up beside him. "They ask him, 'What are you doing here?'" recalled Saleh. "He said,...
by Krealr
Fri Nov 22, 2013 8:45 pm UTC
Forum: General
Topic: Hype your ripe snipes 'n' gripes
Replies: 28619
Views: 3490179

Re: Pant Thread (because we need more panting)

...there's a vaccine!? ... introduction ...in 1995 Ah, that's why I wasn't aware. I remember when it became widely available because I went to my doctors to ask about it. (I was in my 20's at the time and my understanding is that chickenpox can actually be fairly dangerous to adults) Turns out I'm ...
by Krealr
Thu Nov 21, 2013 8:25 pm UTC
Forum: General
Topic: Hype your ripe snipes 'n' gripes
Replies: 28619
Views: 3490179

Re: Pant Thread (because we need more panting)

I just had a ceiling tile fall and hit the edge of a table with 3 students sitting at it. Luckily it missed all of them. (Well except for the dust which is probably full of asbestos...) I'd like to invite all the local voters who didn't vote for the school bond to fix up our 100 year old building to...
by Krealr
Wed Nov 20, 2013 5:46 pm UTC
Forum: Site/Forum issues
Topic: Forum is very very very slow
Replies: 69
Views: 38557

Re: Forum is very very very slow

SecondTalon wrote:....

I have no idea what's going on, but apparently things are fast. For now.


I must have missed it being fast again. 5 minutes just to load this post. :(
by Krealr
Tue Nov 19, 2013 6:13 pm UTC
Forum: Site/Forum issues
Topic: Forum is very very very slow
Replies: 69
Views: 38557

Re: Forum is very very very slow

The forum seems incredibly slow - as in previous incidents reported here it's taking minutes to load pages or timing out. It's happening the same on three more-or-less independent setups: (1) Windows7+Chrome 30.0.1599.101 m + Internet connection at work (2) Windows XP+Firefox+home ADSL (3) Android ...
by Krealr
Mon Nov 18, 2013 11:02 pm UTC
Forum: General
Topic: Hifaleetin' thoughts
Replies: 90200
Views: 9115700

Re: unhatched fishes and turtle excluding devices

roband wrote:Is the forum going in cred ib ly slow for anyone else?



Yes. (It took several minutes for me just to reply)
by Krealr
Mon Nov 18, 2013 9:31 pm UTC
Forum: Mathematics
Topic: Basic geometry: equilateral triangles
Replies: 7
Views: 2005

Re: Basic geometry: equilateral triangles

I started it in a different way from what you suggested. Start with a straight line and draw a circle with it's center on the line (point C) and intersection points of A and B. Then draw two more circles of the same radius as the first with centers at A and B. This will easily get you 4 equilateral ...

Go to advanced search