Search found 720 matches

by Kang
Mon Aug 29, 2011 3:23 pm UTC
Forum: General
Topic: Buying a TV
Replies: 11
Views: 1438

Re: Buying a TV

Watching DVDs with friends.
by Kang
Sat Aug 27, 2011 9:34 pm UTC
Forum: General
Topic: Lucky Ten Thousand (TIL)
Replies: 13421
Views: 1716007

Re: Today I Learned

"she" was specifically used. A gender neutral term would've avoided reinforcing restrictive gender roles and wouldn't have been so heteronormative. I guess replacing 'they' with 'she' is convenient enough to ignore all that though, eh? Yes, I guess you are right. TIL: Proper care should b...
by Kang
Sat Aug 27, 2011 8:41 pm UTC
Forum: General
Topic: Lucky Ten Thousand (TIL)
Replies: 13421
Views: 1716007

Re: Today I Learned

I'm sure application to all genders was implied and just left out for more convenient reading.
by Kang
Sat Aug 27, 2011 4:40 pm UTC
Forum: General
Topic: Living Cheaply
Replies: 72
Views: 8535

Re: Living Cheaply

Izawwlgood wrote:Wait, is this a 'how to reduce costs' thread, or a 'how to subsist while effectively homeless' thread?

Doesn't one converge on the other when pushed far enough?
by Kang
Fri Aug 26, 2011 11:19 pm UTC
Forum: General
Topic: Hype your ripe snipes 'n' gripes
Replies: 28619
Views: 3480471

Re: Pant Thread (because we need more panting)

While I do see your point and can't remember ever having a laptop that wouldn't have a keyboard combination for activating the touchpad, I'd like to argue that the answer is 'stockpiling'.
by Kang
Fri Aug 26, 2011 11:03 pm UTC
Forum: General
Topic: Hype your ripe snipes 'n' gripes
Replies: 28619
Views: 3480471

Re: Pant Thread (because we need more panting)

Have you considered buying a new mouse when your mouse breaks?
by Kang
Fri Aug 26, 2011 9:18 pm UTC
Forum: General
Topic: Lucky Ten Thousand (TIL)
Replies: 13421
Views: 1716007

Re: Today I Learned

Well, you'll just make your own internet then. With blackjack and...
by Kang
Fri Aug 26, 2011 8:02 pm UTC
Forum: General
Topic: Bathroom Graffiti
Replies: 37
Views: 6390

Re: Bathroom Graffiti

I at least saw one that made me smile recently. A sketch of a girl holding a whip and written underneath: «Who said he had a problem with the hirarchy in SM?»
by Kang
Fri Aug 26, 2011 2:15 pm UTC
Forum: General
Topic: Lucky Ten Thousand (TIL)
Replies: 13421
Views: 1716007

Re: Today I Learned

Plasma Man wrote:Today I learned that taking a hard line gets results.

I thought we learned that here: http://xkcd.com/42/
by Kang
Thu Aug 25, 2011 9:23 pm UTC
Forum: General
Topic: Lucky Ten Thousand (TIL)
Replies: 13421
Views: 1716007

Re: Today I Learned

If you're going to spend that much on a ring, at least make it useful. Embed a tiny laser, or a poison capsule. I like the laser idea. Bonus points for having a crystal on it that doubles as solid state laser resonator. But general question about it: is it really common for women to take that ring ...
by Kang
Thu Aug 25, 2011 5:19 pm UTC
Forum: General
Topic: Hype your ripe snipes 'n' gripes
Replies: 28619
Views: 3480471

Re: Pant Thread (because we need more panting)

torontoraptor wrote:Ikea desks should not take 5 hours to assemble. And why do I have to get a cold NOW??? If I'm still sick during Welcome Week, I'll be very mad at myself.

How many screws left over?
by Kang
Wed Aug 24, 2011 8:10 pm UTC
Forum: General
Topic: Hype your ripe snipes 'n' gripes
Replies: 28619
Views: 3480471

Re: Pant Thread (because we need more panting)

Well, not voting is a decision, too, isn't it? I don't think the downward trend in turnout observed in many countries is actually people just being lazy or not caring. Might be a factor, but I'm convinced that many people are actually not voting for the reason this very valid option is there to begi...
by Kang
Tue Aug 23, 2011 9:25 pm UTC
Forum: General
Topic: Hifaleetin' thoughts
Replies: 90172
Views: 9087073

Re: Screechings of the Great Unwashed (Meander to the Morgue

MASH being a great show your brother at least didn't sit through hours of garbage for nothing.
by Kang
Tue Aug 23, 2011 7:40 pm UTC
Forum: General
Topic: Hifaleetin' thoughts
Replies: 90172
Views: 9087073

Re: Screechings of the Great Unwashed (Meander to the Morgue

Yeah, that was (probably) shortly after the station got Upgraded but before War broke out. DS9 is a show that really, really benefits from marathon watching - say, 3-5 episodes a night or whatever. It helps the one-off goofy episodes feel more like B-plots of the epic overarching story being played...
by Kang
Tue Aug 23, 2011 7:39 pm UTC
Forum: General
Topic: Bathroom Graffiti
Replies: 37
Views: 6390

Re: Bathroom Graffiti

yurell wrote:I find the very idea of deliberately vandalising someone else's property for no reason disgusting, and as such have never graffitied, even as a child.
by Kang
Mon Aug 22, 2011 5:30 pm UTC
Forum: General
Topic: Hifaleetin' thoughts
Replies: 90172
Views: 9087073

Re: Screechings of the Great Unwashed (Meander to the Morgue

I now had to take a look at that page just to see how much goggles and cap would be there. They're pretty good prices which is why I bought some things from there. It's just a shame their customer service at the moment is fucking awful. I noticed. The only problem is they only seem to have one mode...
by Kang
Sun Aug 21, 2011 6:49 pm UTC
Forum: General
Topic: Hifaleetin' thoughts
Replies: 90172
Views: 9087073

Re: Screechings of the Great Unwashed (Meander to the Morgue

I ordered a suede/leather aviator's cap from Fuzzhats.com in May and it has still not arrived >:| They have not responded to any of my Dad's emails or my email. I will be emailing their other company and possibly ringing them next week because it is silly. They took the money and have not repied at...
by Kang
Sat Aug 20, 2011 6:48 pm UTC
Forum: General
Topic: Hype your ripe snipes 'n' gripes
Replies: 28619
Views: 3480471

Re: Pant Thread (because we need more panting)

Advert for action movies: *list of things that are normally in action movies* and if that's not enough, there's chicks . Cute chicks. Oh, good. Because, y'know, that's what I want in an action movie. Grr. Isn't that actually contained in 'things that are normally in action movies'? Seriously. P.S.:...
by Kang
Fri Aug 19, 2011 10:25 pm UTC
Forum: General
Topic: Hifaleetin' thoughts
Replies: 90172
Views: 9087073

Re: Screechings of the Great Unwashed (Meander to the Morgue

You, sir, name? wrote:Waiting for my Nobel prize.

Stay near the phone, you never know when the academy gets around to calling you.
by Kang
Fri Aug 19, 2011 9:11 am UTC
Forum: General
Topic: Hifaleetin' thoughts
Replies: 90172
Views: 9087073

Re: Screechings of the Great Unwashed (Meander to the Morgue

What's bewildering about it all is that almost nothing is electronic when it comes to bureaucracy. Why can't police officers just type my license plate number into their computers and confirm that I have a license and insurance? Or better yet, why can't they identify me by a finger print scanning? ...
by Kang
Thu Aug 18, 2011 5:41 pm UTC
Forum: Fictional Science
Topic: Examples of terrible science in fiction
Replies: 195
Views: 52764

Re: Examples of terrible science in fiction

I think the point is: there is wrong in movies and then there is ridiculously over the top 'what were they thinking?' wrong.
by Kang
Thu Aug 18, 2011 5:32 pm UTC
Forum: General
Topic: Most excellent times
Replies: 5132
Views: 903570

Re: Awesome Thread: awesome

fizzgig wrote:Holy crap I'm going to own a house.

Just think... nobody would keep you from drilling holes in the walls!
by Kang
Thu Aug 18, 2011 5:29 pm UTC
Forum: General
Topic: Hype your ripe snipes 'n' gripes
Replies: 28619
Views: 3480471

Re: Rant Thread (because we need more ranting)

DSenette wrote:education should go back to when they taught people how to DO stuff as opposed to how to KNOW stuff

I'll be glad if it sticks with knowing stuff rather than the newly popular 'how to seem knowledgable by tossing around popular phrases'.
by Kang
Tue Aug 16, 2011 9:33 pm UTC
Forum: News & Articles
Topic: Korea (Multithread Dump)
Replies: 123
Views: 10324

Re: 3 S.Koreans story detentioned in N.K

Really? Didn't know that. I've known two or three - granted Vietnamese and not Korean - who lived in East Germany and they were actually quite fond of it.
by Kang
Tue Aug 16, 2011 7:29 pm UTC
Forum: Fictional Science
Topic: Examples of terrible science in fiction
Replies: 195
Views: 52764

Re: Examples of terrible science in fiction

The tyres explode, though.
by Kang
Tue Aug 16, 2011 7:27 pm UTC
Forum: General
Topic: Apocalypse shopping
Replies: 82
Views: 10327

Re: Apocalypse shopping

Since I've seen this one today and it's fairly relevant:
Image
by Kang
Tue Aug 16, 2011 7:22 pm UTC
Forum: News & Articles
Topic: Korea (Multithread Dump)
Replies: 123
Views: 10324

Re: 3 S.Koreans story detentioned in N.K

I wasn't implying there weren't some weird things going on in Korea. It's just the way the OP read the events, as in: - Korean family lives in a first world country with (more or less) free healthcare - Due to sickness the whole family decides to move to North Korea, known for starvation issues, lab...
by Kang
Tue Aug 16, 2011 7:17 pm UTC
Forum: General
Topic: Most excellent times
Replies: 5132
Views: 903570

Re: Awesome Thread: awesome

Awesome: having been productive at work today.
Even more awesome: having had help from people which I was previously told would try anything to be as unhelpful as possible.
by Kang
Mon Aug 15, 2011 6:30 pm UTC
Forum: News & Articles
Topic: Korea (Multithread Dump)
Replies: 123
Views: 10324

Re: 3 S.Koreans story detentioned in N.K

Either that's complete rubbish, taken straight from a scam mail or some of the people involved have to be among the stupidest currently alive.
by Kang
Mon Aug 15, 2011 2:07 pm UTC
Forum: General
Topic: Hifaleetin' thoughts
Replies: 90172
Views: 9087073

Re: Screechings of the Great Unwashed (Meander to the Morgue

I think the mystery is that one day it stops just being hot food but actually tasty food. I'm still waiting for that to happen.
by Kang
Mon Aug 15, 2011 11:49 am UTC
Forum: News & Articles
Topic: Korea (Multithread Dump)
Replies: 123
Views: 10324

Re: On Japan's anti-Hallyu media censorship

The fact that sub-ocean mining in recent years has gone from a novel idea to a very practical reality certainly hasn't helped to settle arguments about one or two small island, which by themselves are nothing, but their ownership being decisive for the economic sovereign rights border.
by Kang
Fri Aug 12, 2011 10:36 pm UTC
Forum: General
Topic: Lucky Ten Thousand (TIL)
Replies: 13421
Views: 1716007

Re: Today I Learned

emceng wrote:TIL: Customs officials in Turkey are corrupt.

TIL: It's implied that some other officials in Turkey are not corrupt.

P.S.: Just kidding! I'm sure they have some decent officials.
by Kang
Thu Aug 11, 2011 9:25 pm UTC
Forum: General
Topic: Hifaleetin' thoughts
Replies: 90172
Views: 9087073

Re: Screechings of the Great Unwashed (Meander to the Morgue

Actually, also, neither of our solutions helps. If the car is actually someone who wants to steal your car at gunpoint, calling for a marked car will take waaaaay too long, and if you ask to show a badge they're going to just point a gun in your face. Why is someone (who was in a vehicle) attemptin...
by Kang
Thu Aug 11, 2011 5:14 pm UTC
Forum: General
Topic: Hifaleetin' thoughts
Replies: 90172
Views: 9087073

Re: Screechings of the Great Unwashed (Meander to the Morgue

Badges can be faked. Really.. easily, frankly. Unless you're pretty familiar with what the badge for your local precinct looks like, odds are you won't know it's "Wrong" just by looking at it. Hence.. getting a marked car to show up. Those are... while not impossible to fake, kinda diffic...
by Kang
Tue Aug 09, 2011 8:17 pm UTC
Forum: General
Topic: Most excellent times
Replies: 5132
Views: 903570

Re: Awesome Thread: awesome

That's why I initially asked what one would need such a bike for. It was a honest question, I swear!
by Kang
Tue Aug 09, 2011 8:12 pm UTC
Forum: General
Topic: Most excellent times
Replies: 5132
Views: 903570

Re: Awesome Thread: awesome

That specialised bike is what I was on about. To me a bike is a bike. Sorry, about that, you cycling enthusiasts. Sure, there are nice bikes and rather shoddy ones, but with a price range rivaling that of cars I can't stop thinking of http://xkcd.com/915/.
by Kang
Tue Aug 09, 2011 8:09 pm UTC
Forum: General
Topic: Hifaleetin' thoughts
Replies: 90172
Views: 9087073

Re: Screechings of the Great Unwashed (Meander to the Morgue

But how is he supposed to understand you over the highway noise with his impaired hearing while you yell at him from your car?
by Kang
Tue Aug 09, 2011 3:29 pm UTC
Forum: News & Articles
Topic: Korea (Multithread Dump)
Replies: 123
Views: 10324

Re: On Japan's anti-Hallyu media censorship

Kulantan wrote:Japan is not censoring K-Pop or other hallyu media. Nor is it planing on invading Russia.

If only Poland had read Wikipedia in time...
by Kang
Tue Aug 09, 2011 3:26 pm UTC
Forum: General
Topic: Most excellent times
Replies: 5132
Views: 903570

Re: Awesome Thread: awesome

Yes, we can. But I think the question was rather: what is the reason to do so? Don't get me wrong, there are most likely very valid reasons, but for some of us those are just not implicitly clear.
by Kang
Tue Aug 09, 2011 3:21 pm UTC
Forum: General
Topic: Hype your ripe snipes 'n' gripes
Replies: 28619
Views: 3480471

Re: Rant Thread (because we need more ranting)

I am sorry that somebody's death has inconvenienced you. It's damn inconsiderate! Is it really so much to ask to kill oneself in a way that won't make hundreds of people run late for work? It sounds more like the train company's nincompoopery has inconvenienced him. That was actually more of my poi...

Go to advanced search