Emails from the fora not being received [previous title: topic reply & pm notifications not working]

Need the mods or admins to do something for you? Post here. Read the "About" post first.

Moderators: Moderators General, Prelates, Magistrates

Madge

Emails from the fora not being received [previous title: topic reply & pm notifications not working]

Postby Madge » Mon Jul 24, 2017 12:03 pm UTC

The past week or so I've not been getting topic reply notifications or PM notifications. At least one other person is experiencing this issue.

They're not in my spam folder.

What's up?
Last edited by Madge on Tue Aug 22, 2017 3:18 am UTC, edited 1 time in total.
I'm writing a vampire yaoi novel, here's my accountability link: https://www.beeminder.com/mad/redandwilliam

plytho
¡This cheese is burning me!

Re: Topic Reply Notifications / PM Notifications not coming via email

Postby plytho » Thu Aug 10, 2017 7:17 am UTC

I have the same issue.
he him his

bessie

Re: Topic Reply Notifications / PM Notifications not coming via email

Postby bessie » Fri Aug 11, 2017 2:12 pm UTC

I am also having the same issue.

Madge

Re: Emails from the fora not being received [previous title: topic reply & pm notifications not working]

Postby Madge » Tue Aug 22, 2017 3:20 am UTC

In light of new users not being able to receive emails that are needed to sign up for the forum, I tried to use the "email topic" link on the bottom left of a forum thread to see if it was a more general email failure. I sent it to an alternate email address and asked to receive a copy to the one I signed up to the forum with. No email was received (will edit this post if one shows up).

This issue has been going for about a month now. Do any admins/etc have any idea what's happening?
I'm writing a vampire yaoi novel, here's my accountability link: https://www.beeminder.com/mad/redandwilliam

ObsessoMom
Nespresso Bomb

Re: Emails from the fora not being received [previous title: topic reply & pm notifications not working]

Postby ObsessoMom » Tue Aug 22, 2017 4:48 am UTC

Well, one of them hasn't replied to several PMs from me about something else, about a week ago, but I just assumed that they were ignoring me because I'm annoying. Which, to be fair, I am sometimes.

plytho
¡This cheese is burning me!

Postby plytho » Wed Aug 23, 2017 8:50 pm UTC

Maybe they're relying on emails to be notified about things, meaning they're not aware at all until they notice a lack of forum emails themselves?
he him his

Peaceful Whale

Postby Peaceful Whale » Wed Aug 23, 2017 9:46 pm UTC

I joined last month, and I haven't had the issue. Maybe if everyone quit, then made a new account? :P
My profile picture accurately describes my Saturday activites

Return to “Site/Forum issues”