Board game to computer game

A place to discuss the implementation and style of computer programs.

Moderators: phlip, Moderators General, Prelates

Ansain

Board game to computer game

Postby Ansain » Sat Aug 25, 2007 4:21 am UTC

I'm wondering if somebody could help me out. specifically someone who knows what they are doing and enjoys coding. A while back I invented a 2 player board game which I consider unique, and a challenging mind game. If anybody thinks they might be up to the task of coding this game, or just wants to hear more about the game, I will post all the rules and gameplay mechanics when I see some interest.

For now I can describe the game a bit to you. Players have 13 pieces on a board with "squares" (i should say shapes) connected by colored lines (4 different colors: red, blue, yellow, green) each piece has 1,2,or all 4 colors on it, and may move acros a line, to another square if it has that color. each piece is also assigned to a card (in the board game), which is a soldier with specific attack and defence values. cards remain face down and hidden to your opponent until the piece it is assigned to engauges in combat. The overall goal of the game is to either get your flag bearer into your opponents base or capture his/her flag bearer.
Why put off till today what you could just as easily get done tomorrow?

I can mathematically prove that 1 equals 0!.

Parts a-x in my plan weren't that important anyways.

Rasputin

Postby Rasputin » Sat Aug 25, 2007 4:48 am UTC

sounds like stratego :) i love that game.
The Immortal One.

Ansain

Postby Ansain » Sat Aug 25, 2007 5:04 am UTC

A lot of people say that actually. stratego did give me some inspiration, but the rules for movement and combat are fairly different. also there is no one overpowering unit, because there is both attack and defense values.
Why put off till today what you could just as easily get done tomorrow?

I can mathematically prove that 1 equals 0!.

Parts a-x in my plan weren't that important anyways.

Return to “Coding”