Favourite technical podcasts

A place to discuss the implementation and style of computer programs.

Moderators: phlip, Moderators General, Prelates

Moo
Oh man! I'm going to be so rebellious! I'm gonna...

Favourite technical podcasts

Postby Moo » Mon Sep 21, 2015 8:18 am UTC

I listen to a lot of podcasts, but all of them humorous; I have decided I need to use this resource to broaden my technical knowledge. So, please make some recommendations!

I work in C#.NET, am passably competent at HTML and Javascript, and have started learning AngularJS recently. However I'd welcome podcasts about other technologies or branches of CS if they're aimed at beginners.
Proverbs 9:7-8 wrote:Anyone who rebukes a mocker will get an insult in return. Anyone who corrects the wicked will get hurt. So don't bother correcting mockers; they will only hate you.
Hawknc wrote:FFT: I didn't realise Proverbs 9:7-8 was the first recorded instance of "haters gonna hate"

Mat

Re: Favourite technical podcasts

Postby Mat » Tue Sep 22, 2015 9:42 pm UTC

I'd also be interested to hear about more podcasts. I listen to a lot, but not so many that are coding related.

A couple I can recommend are Hanselminutes and Software Engineering Radio. Hanselminutes covers a very broad range of subjects and is quite light and accessible. SE radio tends to be more technical and less relevant to me, but has some very interesting episodes.

Return to “Coding”