Open source IDE for ARM7?

A place to discuss the implementation and style of computer programs.

Moderators: phlip, Moderators General, Prelates

pyroman

Open source IDE for ARM7?

Postby pyroman » Sat Jan 23, 2010 11:33 pm UTC

I am currently taking a class that focuses around the arm7 microcontroller and wanted to see if there were any open source IDEs out there that i could use to test my code. In class we are using metrowerks v 4.0 (i think they are up to v 8.0 right now) and ARMulator as the debugger/emulator. The problem is there is only one lab on campus that we can access the software on and its only open durring labs/ special extra sessions so it would be nice to have something that I can use to work on at home.

The closer I can get to those exact programs the better as I am just starting the learn everything so it makes it easier not to have to learn two different control interfaces.

By the way, I don't care too much which OS it runs under As I have a desktop dual booting XP and ubuntu and a laptop dual booting OSX and windows 7 although the lab runs xp
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. - Benjamin Franklin

LikwidCirkel

Re: Open source IDE for ARM7?

Postby LikwidCirkel » Mon Jan 25, 2010 6:31 pm UTC

I'd start here.

No, it's not a full IDE, but it's enough for many people to get started. The only IDE's that I'm really familiar with for such things are provided by OS-Vendors for OS-Specific development. Examples are VxWorks and QNX's custom Eclipse releases.

Return to “Coding”