I need a hug

A place to discuss the science of computers and programs, from algorithms to computability.

Formal proofs preferred.

Moderators: phlip, Moderators General, Prelates

Cloud

I need a hug

Postby Cloud » Thu Jan 31, 2013 3:42 pm UTC

Is there an app for that?

The I need a hug package includes a custom built computer with pre installed software, 3-D web cam with mic, user manual, cyber reality glasses and a one-size-fits-all long sleeve shirt with gloves. You simply put the gloves and shirt on and plug yourself into one of the available usb ports. After the software captures your dimensions and movements, you will see a 3-D image of what you have under that shirt. You can choose to make the image public, private, visible only to select groups, or select one of the custom profiles from within your I need a hug control panel.

Log onto the I need a hug website to try it out. Members who are not engaging in hugs are automatically placed in the waiting room. You can either wait for someone to choose you or you can invite someone and add them to your huggie buddies list. I suggest selecting someone with experience and a high approval rating if this is your first time. Ok, the member has a bit too much experience and is groping you in ways that make you uncomfortable. Saying "no" will instantly pause the session and override the member's movements. Alternatively, go to your user control panel/ sensations/ body parts and deselect those body parts you don't want stimulated. Your spouse's birthday is coming up. Choose the facebook plug in. Select your spouse from the birthday menu and simply drag and drop your programmed "special" hug from your huggies folder. Even though you forgot your spouse's birthday, he/she, depending upon being suited, will have a pleasant surprise upon signing into facebook. If you cannot make your own huggie, go to huggieBay where you can purchase huggies from people just like you.

It doesn't end there. A huge demand will be for I need a massage and I need a shag. People will make fortunes selling custom huggies, shags, massages, designer suits and attachments. Eventually suits will be made for people who cannot or refuse to exercise. Imagine having someone else control your every movement such as walking to the kitchen and preparing a meal. Imagine a physical trainer strengthening your atrophied muscles with the EMS device or having you do cartwheels in your back yard. Imagine being able to control someone else and turn them off whenever you want...

How would you monster brains design the computer, software, suits and attachments required to make this a reality?

Jorpho

Re: I need a hug

Postby Jorpho » Sun Feb 03, 2013 4:51 am UTC

Oh, I'll take a swing at this. But there are giant missing pieces here.

Cloud wrote:The I need a hug package includes a custom built computer with pre installed software, 3-D web cam with mic, user manual, cyber reality glasses and a one-size-fits-all long sleeve shirt with gloves. You simply put the gloves and shirt on and plug yourself into one of the available usb ports. After the software captures your dimensions and movements, you will see a 3-D image of what you have under that shirt.
Why would the shirt be needed to take such a 3D image if a 3D webcam is also included? And why would "cyber reality glasses" have anything to do with anything?

Ok, the member has a bit too much experience and is groping you in ways that make you uncomfortable. Saying "no" will instantly pause the session and override the member's movements. Alternatively, go to your user control panel/ sensations/ body parts and deselect those body parts you don't want stimulated.
None of this adequately explains what sort of "stimulation" capabilities you think this shirt would have and exactly what it would do. Is there some technology you have seen somewhere that you had in mind? Brand-new cutting-edge stuff is unlikely to be affordable to the typical consumer anytime soon.

Eventually suits will be made for people who cannot or refuse to exercise.
I'm pretty sure exercise does not work that way.

Return to “Computer Science”