Kingdom Control 2.0 - Game Over

For all your silly time-killing forum games.

Moderators: jestingrabbit, Moderators General, Prelates

Adam H

Kingdom Control 2.0 - Game Over

Postby Adam H » Mon Sep 09, 2013 4:59 pm UTC

Kingdom Control 2.0

This is a strategy game where you control your own kingdom. You collect Resources and battle other players to be the last monarch standing.

The Resources available are listed here:
Spoiler:
Raw Resources (each cost 4 Gold):
Wheat
Logs
Metal
Stone
Peasants

Craftable Resources:
Food (1 Wheat + 1 Peasant) – You must feed your units every year (1 food per 1 person) or they will die.
Wall (6 Stone + 1 Log) – Walls help defend against attackers, but they are only useful if they have soldiers to defend them. For every soldier that defends, one wall counts as an extra defender that kills one attacking Soldier. Defending Soldiers sent from other players can defend walls. Walls cannot be destroyed except by Trebuchets. If the defender is eliminated, the attacker claims the Walls like any other resource.
Trebuchet (2 Log + 1 Peasant) – At the beginning of an attack, each Trebuchet will destroy one wall. However, if the attack fails and there are defending soldiers left over, the defender will steal the trebuchets.
Raider (1 Peasant) – Raiders can be sent out during the Summer War to steal Raw Resources from another Kingdom. Each Raider steals one resource, chosen at random out of all the player's Raw Resources. There is no defense against Raiders.
Citizen (2 Peasants + 1 Log) – Provides 18 tax and gives half as strong a defense as soldiers.
Noble (1 Citizen + 2 Stone + 1 Log) – Provides 24 tax, but does not provide any defense. You can only have a maximum of 1 Noble per 10 Citizens. If Citizens are killed such that this requirement is no longer met, Nobles will be permanently converted into Citizens.
Soldier (2 Peasants + 1 Metal) – Provides 7 tax and forms the bulk of the armies.
Officer (1 Soldier + 1 Citizen) - Provides 18 tax and counts as two Soldiers during War. You can only have a maximum of 1 Officer per 10 Soldiers. If Soldiers are killed such that this requirement is no longer met, Officers will be permanently converted into Soldiers.
The game is divided into Years. Each Year consists of the following phases:
Spoiler:
  1. Fall Harvest
  2. Fall Market
  3. Winter Harvest
  4. Winter Feast
  5. Spring Harvest
  6. Spring Tax Collection
  7. Summer Harvest
  8. Summer War
The phases are described below.

Harvests:
Spoiler:
During each Harvest there will be between a number of Areas available to choose from. These Areas will in one of three Regions. Each player secretly chooses one Area from each Region from which they wish to harvest. Each player who goes to an Area that no other player went to gets all the Resources from that Area. Each player that goes to an Area that at least one other player went to gets nothing from that Region! This is because those players are too busy fighting over the Area to harvest Resources. They can still get resources from other Areas in other Regions where they aren't contested. Thus a player wants to choose the best Areas they can get without being contested. Players are encouraged to privately or publicly chat with other players at this point to try to make deals about which players will go to which Areas. Note that there may sometimes be fewer Areas than Players, forcing at least one player to fail to harvest.

Each Area will contain a random number of one or two Resources. All of the Raw Resources will be available through harvests, and some certain craftable resources will be available as well: Food, Citizens, Soldiers, Trebuchets, and Gold (Walls, Raiders, Nobles, and Officers will not be available). Stone and Peasants will be the most plentiful resources, followed by Wheat.

In every region there will be one Dangerous Area, guarded by a random number of Bandits. Only players who have more Soldiers+Raiders than the Bandits can attempt to harvest from that area. The harvesting player does not lose any Soldiers or Raiders, and the player can harvest from more than one Dangerous Area per harvest even if his total number of Soldiers+Raiders is less than the total number of Bandits in the three Dangerous Areas. The number of Bandits is a random integer between the number of soldiers + raiders owned by the player with the smallest army and the player with the biggest army.

There will be no Dangerous Areas for the first two harvests.

Players are not forced to harvest an area from each region.

The algorithm for selecting the resources at each Area is as follows: For each resource, there is a probability P that it will be the primary resource in a particular region. The amount is equal to X*[Random integer between 25 and 100]. For each area there is a 30% chance of having an additional secondary resource. The resource is chosen with the same probability, and the amount is equal to X*[Random integer between 1 and 50]. If the primary and secondary resource are the same, then the totals are just added together.

Code: Select all

P    X   Resource
18%  1.2  Stone
21%  1.0  Peasants
11%  1.5  Wheat
 8%  1.5  Logs
 8%  1.5  Metal
 6%  0.8  Food
 5%  0.2  Trebuchet
 9%  0.4  Soldiers
 9%  0.4  Citizens
 5%  2.0  Gold
Fall Market:
Spoiler:
During this phase, players may spend their Gold on Resources. Buying costs are as follows: 4 Gold per 1 Wheat, Log, Metal, Stone, or Peasant.

Also during the Fall Market, Players may trade Raw Resources at the Trading Post for a 2:1 exchange rate, which is a discount from the normal 3:1 exchange rate.
Winter Feast:
Spoiler:
During this phase, people feast. Every Peasant, Citizen, Soldier, Raider, Noble, and Officer you have eats 1 Food apiece. Officers eat first, followed by Nobles, then Soldiers, then Citizens, then Peasants, then Raiders. The people who don't eat, die.
Spring Tax Collection:
Spoiler:
During this phase, people pay taxes. Each player gets 24 Gold for each Noble, 18 Gold for each Citizen and Officer, 7 Gold for each Soldier, and 2 Gold for each Peasant and Raider.
Summer War:
Spoiler:
During this phase, people fight. Secretly divide your Soldiers and Officers into groups to fight your enemies, defend yourself, or defend your allies. Each group must contain a non-negative integer number of Soldiers, and a maximum of 1 Officer per 10 Soldiers. Officers count as two Soldiers for attackers and defenders. The sum of the number of Soldiers in each group will be equal to your total number of Soldiers.

First, attacking Trebuchets destroy defending Walls (1 Wall destroyed for each Trebuchet attacking).

Then, all the attacks against each player are tallied, and the attacks kill their target's people. Soldier kills are allocated as follows
-First priority is Defended Walls (1 defended Wall per 1 attacking Soldier).
-Second priority is the target's personal Soldiers (1 Soldier killed for each Soldier attacking).
-Third priority is target's personal Officers (1 Officer killed for every 2 Soldiers attacking).
-Fourth priority is any ally Soldiers (1 Soldier killed for each Soldier attacking).
-Fifth priority is any ally Officers (1 Officer killed for every 2 Soldiers attacking).
-Sixth priority is Citizens (2 Citizens killed for every Soldier still attacking).
-Seventh priority is Peasants and Raiders (3 Peasants/Raiders killed for every Soldier still attacking).
Attacking Soldiers are only killed when battling defending Soldiers or Officers. All attacking Soldiers allocated to Walls, Citizens, Peasants, and Raiders (aka non-killed attacking Soldiers) are returned to the attacker's kingdom after the war, unless the attacker's kingdom was defeated.

If all defending people are killed and there are still Soldiers left who are attacking, the defending player's kingdom is defeated and they are removed from the game. The defeated player's Resources are given to the attackers, proportional to how many Soldiers with which each attacker attacked the target player. Non integer amounts are rounded down. If there's more than one attacking army, the defending Soldiers kill attacking Soldiers from each army proportional to the number of Soldiers attacking from each army.

Also, Raiders can be sent out during the Summer War. Raiders who are currently stealing from other players will not count towards attacks or defense.
Trading and Crafting:
Spoiler:
Immediately before the Winter Feast, Spring Tax, and Summer War, and during the Fall Market, players may trade and craft. Trading can be done with other players publicly, and players can also exchange Raw Resources at a neutral Trading Post for a 3:1 exchange rate. Players can also trade during Fall Market with the neutral Trading Post at an improved 2:1 exchange rate.

Trade discussions may be private but completed trades are public. Crafting is done publicly.
Trophies:
Spoiler:
At the end of the game, players are given trophies based on their play. Players are free to value these rewards however they please.

Winner: The last player left alive.
Second place: The runner-up.
Conqueror: The player who received the most Nobles and Gold from eliminating players.
Warrior: The player who sent the most soldiers to attack.
Defender: The player who killed the most attacking soldiers during successful defenses.
Bandit Hunter: The player who collected the most resources (in equivalent gold) from Dangerous Areas.
Builder: The player who crafted the most walls.
Demolisher: The player who destroyed the most walls.
Thief: The player who stole the most resources with Raiders.
Ignored: The player who was attacked the least, based on average number of attacking soldiers per War.
Famine: The player who lost the most units to starvation.

Additional trophies may be added based on player suggestions.
Changes from Beta:
  • Removed Housing and Armor.
  • Added Walls, Trebuchets, Raiders, Nobles, and Officers.
  • Changed order of seasons and phases.
  • War now occurs on Year 1.
  • Crafting and Trading are now done during the Market, and immediately before the Feast, Tax, and War.
  • You can now exchange Raw Resources at a 3:1 rate during normal Trading, and a 2:1 rate during Fall Market.
  • Added Dangerous Areas to Harvests and disclosed how the number of bandits is chosen.
  • Players are now allowed to refrain from harvesting.
  • Added Trophies.
  • PMs are no longer allowed.
  • Harvest algorithm disclosed.

The game starts during the Fall Harvest, with everyone being given 1000 Gold. Players can't PM each other, but can privately message in thread by tagging their spoilers with the player's names. Multiple players can be tagged on the same spoiler. Players must respect in-thread private messages.

The game ends when all but one Kingdom has been defeated!

Sign up in thread now. Sign-ups are over. Feel free to add a kingdom name and bio, if you like.

Players:
Bluebambue
Snark
Djhutynakht
Adam H
Elmach
Last edited by Adam H on Tue Feb 04, 2014 3:10 pm UTC, edited 31 times in total.
-Adam

bluebambue
An der schönen blauen Donau

Re: Kingdom Control 2.0 [Sign ups open!]

Postby bluebambue » Mon Sep 09, 2013 8:12 pm UTC

/in

Snark

Postby Snark » Mon Sep 09, 2013 8:47 pm UTC

/in

You playing Adam?
Dashboard Confessional wrote:I want to give you whatever you need. What is it you need? Is it within me?

Djehutynakht

Postby Djehutynakht » Mon Sep 09, 2013 9:31 pm UTC

/in

Adam H

Postby Adam H » Mon Sep 09, 2013 9:34 pm UTC

Hmmmm...... I guess I can play if I make the harvest algorithm public and get rid of PMs (or just have them unspectatable). It does get a little tricky since whoever posts the harvests gets "first claim", which I think can be pretty IMBA. The other players will just have to keep me honest - if I overstep my bounds in claiming stuff, gang up on me.

So... sure I'll play!

I made up my own harvest algorithm that is probably much simpler than yours. I tried to make it give similar results, though I'm sure it's quite different. But if you were planning on making your algorithm public then we can scrap mine and use yours. Whatever you want.

Harvest details:
Spoiler:
For each resource, there is a probability P that it will be the primary resource in a particular region. The amount is equal to X*[Random integer between 25 and 100]. For each area there is a 30% chance of having an additional secondary resource. The secondary resource is chosen with the same probability P, and the amount is equal to X*[Random integer between 1 and 50]. The primary and secondary resource can be the same (they are just added together).

P    X   Resource
18%  1.2  Stone
21%  1.0  Peasants
11%  1.5  Wheat
 8%  1.5  Logs
 8%  1.5  Metal
 6%  0.8  Food
 5%  0.2  Trebuchet
 9%  0.4  Soldiers
 9%  0.4  Citizens
 5%  2.0  Gold

Let me know if you prefer having PMs or not, knowing that there's no mod to keep track of them. I would prefer not to have them, I think.

Also, if you have any thoughts on what to name the thread to keep it distinguishable from the other game, just say so.
-Adam

Snark

Postby Snark » Mon Sep 09, 2013 9:49 pm UTC

I don't think having first claim is IMBA. Players just need to respond to it differently - be less afraid to step on toes.

Glad you're playing!

I'd be happy to make my algorithm known, but I don't think there's anything wrong with yours. Do you want the original?

I don't mind not having PMs.
Dashboard Confessional wrote:I want to give you whatever you need. What is it you need? Is it within me?

bluebambue

Postby bluebambue » Mon Sep 09, 2013 9:57 pm UTC

I think no PMs makes the most sense.

Snark, if you post your algorithm make sure to post it the original Kingdom game, too. I have no idea how it would affect behavior but I wouldn't want to have an unfair advantage.

And I think with the players we have here, we're going to end up with more aggressive play-styles so the first to claim will have less of an advantage.

Adam H

Postby Adam H » Tue Sep 10, 2013 1:28 pm UTC

OK, I think Snark should keep his algorithm secret until at least the end of his game. We'll use mine.

PMs won't be allowed.
-Adam

Adam H

Postby Adam H » Wed Sep 11, 2013 4:32 pm UTC

Does anyone not want to play with only 4 players? Just wondering. I won't be offended if we wait for the first game to end before starting another one.

Signups will stay open for another day or two.
-Adam

Snark

Postby Snark » Wed Sep 11, 2013 4:33 pm UTC

I'm happy with just 4. Will wait if that's what other players want to do though.

Elmach

Postby Elmach » Wed Sep 11, 2013 8:01 pm UTC

/in

orangedragonfire

Postby orangedragonfire » Wed Sep 11, 2013 11:25 pm UTC

If you need more players, I can play.

Elmach

Postby Elmach » Thu Sep 12, 2013 12:41 am UTC

Question: can we @player multle people in one spoiler?
ex:
@odf, snark
Spoiler:
this is a sample spoiler

Adam H

Postby Adam H » Thu Sep 12, 2013 1:22 pm UTC

Elmach wrote:Question: can we @player multiple people in one spoiler?
Sure!

orangedragonfire wrote:If you need more players, I can play.
Only if you want. At some point there will be only five players, so hopefully having a sixth isn't critical. :)
-Adam

Adam H

Re: Kingdom Control 2.0 [Year 1, Fall Harvest]

Postby Adam H » Thu Sep 12, 2013 6:44 pm UTC

Year 1, Fall Harvest

Kingdom Stats:
Spoiler:

Blue - Snark-  DJ  - Adam -Elmach
-----------------------------------------
Gold  - 1000 - 1000 - 1000 – 1000 - 1000
Wheat -  0   -  0   -  0   -  0   -  0
Logs  -  0   -  0   -  0   -  0   -  0
Metal -  0   -  0   -  0   -  0   -  0
Stone -  0   -  0   -  0   -  0   -  0
Psnts -  0   -  0   -  0   -  0   -  0
Food  -  0   -  0   -  0   -  0   -  0
Walls -  0   -  0   -  0   -  0   -  0
Trbch -  0   -  0   -  0   -  0   -  0
Raidr -  0   -  0   -  0   -  0   -  0
Soldr -  0   -  0   -  0   -  0   -  0
Citzn -  0   -  0   -  0   -  0   -  0
Noble -  0   -  0   -  0   -  0   -  0
Offcr -  0   -  0   -  0   -  0   -  0

Fall Regions:
Spoiler:
R1A1: 68 Food
R1A2: 116 Stone, 6 Citizens
R1A3: 62 Logs, 9 Stone
R1A4: 168 Gold, 9 Metal

R2A1: 113 Stone, 3 Trebuchet
R2A2: 11 Trebuchet, 14 Metal
R2A3: 101 Logs
R2A4: 49 Peasants
R2A5: 54 Peasants

R3A1: 110 Gold, 13 Citizens
R3A2: 76 Stone
R3A3: 141 Wheat, 3 Citizens
R3A4: 34 Peasants, 19 Citizens
R3A5: 65 Metal
R3A6: 120 Gold

Choose one Area within each of the 3 Regions. Submit your moves in spoilers (the spoiler part is mandatory). A valid move submission might look like:
Year 1, Fall Harvest:
Spoiler:
R1A2, R2A3, R3A1

Feel free to chat and strategize with other players using spoiler tags directed at other players like this:
@Other player(s)
Spoiler:
What are you picking? Cuz whatever you pick, I'm totally picking. :twisted:
You may not PM.

You have 24 hours from this post to make your choices. For each player who posts "Need more time", I'll add 6 hours onto the deadline. You will not claim any harvests if you don't submit before then.

Note that crafting and trading with other players takes place right after the Harvest - not during the Harvest phase.
-Adam

Adam H

Postby Adam H » Thu Sep 12, 2013 7:02 pm UTC

None of the areas are really bad, and since we start off with only gold, I expect we'll just go for value with this first harvest. I'll tentatively claim

These are above average spots but not the best ones. If anyone needs a bribe to stop from blocking me, I'll certainly consider it.

Also, I vow to be diplomatic and nice in this game, and I'll try very hard not to put a target on my back. :D

I'm also offering my services to help players make the most of their resources. [Adam the Mod] will not be automatically processing vague directions like "maximize citizens without letting anyone die", but [Adam the Player] is ready and willing to help!

Also - something I just thought of - we can't discuss the other game at all. Some of us have seen all the private messages that blue, dj, and I sent and received, but we aren't allowed to discuss it or let it influence our game.
-Adam

bluebambue

Postby bluebambue » Thu Sep 12, 2013 8:12 pm UTC

I'll go with

I haven't yet done the math on what everything is worth, though, so let me know if these are unreasonably high claims.

Snark

Postby Snark » Thu Sep 12, 2013 8:46 pm UTC

4/4/1 but willing to negotiate.

Adam H

Postby Adam H » Thu Sep 12, 2013 9:02 pm UTC

bluebambue wrote:I'll go with

I haven't yet done the math on what everything is worth, though, so let me know if these are unreasonably high claims.
I don't really care about my claim on R3A4; you can have that one. I'll take R3A1, R3A3, or R3A5 instead... R3A3 is the best area in region 3 by far. Whoever gets it should offer a bit of wheat to players who got stuck with a lesser area.
-Adam

Elmach

Postby Elmach » Thu Sep 12, 2013 10:35 pm UTC

R1A1: 68 Food ADAM
R1A2: 116 Stone, 6 Citizens BLUE
R1A3: 62 Logs, 9 Stone ELMACH
R1A4: 168 Gold, 9 Metal SNARK

R2A2: 11 Trebuchet, 14 Metal BLUE
R2A3: 101 Logs ADAM
R2A4: 49 Peasants SNARK
R2A5: 54 Peasants ELMACH

R3A1: 110 Gold, 13 Citizens SNARK (ADAM)
R3A2: 76 Stone ELMACH
R3A3: 141 Wheat, 3 Citizens (ADAM)
R3A4: 34 Peasants, 19 Citizens BLUE (ADAM)
R3A5: 65 Metal (ADAM)

If you don't mind, I'll take 3/5/2.

Tormod

Postby Tormod » Thu Sep 12, 2013 11:07 pm UTC

Darn, just missed the signup for this game oO Good luck all though, and gj snart for making it :)

Djehutynakht

Postby Djehutynakht » Fri Sep 13, 2013 3:08 am UTC

For R1... I'm not sure who I should have to forceblock? Any takers?

(I'm assuming "you must pick something from every region" is still in effect>)

For R2... R2A1

For R3... entirely unsure what Adam's up to, R3A3.

All claims open to debate. Maybe, Adam, letting me have R3A3 would be the "bribe" you offered for not blocking you in R1?

Sorry. Haven't quite gotten the groove of this new game yet.

Adam H

Postby Adam H » Fri Sep 13, 2013 1:33 pm UTC

Djehutynakht wrote:(I'm assuming "you must pick something from every region" is still in effect>)
Surprise! No it's not!
Adam H wrote:Players are now allowed to refrain from harvesting.
That said, you can certainly block someone if you think it's in your best interest...

If you want, we can completely split R1A1, R3A3, and R3A5. One player gets 34 food, 71 wheat, 1 citizen, and 35 metal; the other gets 34 food, 71 wheat, 2 citizens, and 30 metal. You can pick whether you'd rather have a citizen or 5 extra metal.

I'm going with R1A1, R2A3, and R3A5. Everyone make sure you lock in your choices with a private spoiler. For this first harvest, if you forget to submit your picks by the deadline, I don't think anyone would object to using the public tentative claims, but later in the game if you don't submit then you won't take anything.

Year 1 Fall Harvest
Spoiler:
R1A1, R2A3, R3A5
-Adam

Elmach

Postby Elmach » Fri Sep 13, 2013 1:50 pm UTC

Year 1 Fall Harvest
Spoiler:
R1A3,R2A5,R3A2

Snark

Postby Snark » Fri Sep 13, 2013 1:51 pm UTC

Snark wrote:4/4/1 but willing to negotiate.
Y1, Fall Harvest:
Spoiler:
R1A4, R2A4, R3A1

bluebambue

Postby bluebambue » Fri Sep 13, 2013 1:58 pm UTC

Y1 Fall Harvest
Spoiler:
R1A2
R2A2
R3A4

Adam H

Postby Adam H » Fri Sep 13, 2013 8:54 pm UTC

Need more time, I guess. :)
-Adam

Adam H

Postby Adam H » Fri Sep 13, 2013 9:00 pm UTC

Dj: I don't especially want to trade 34 food and 30 metal for 70 wheat, and will do so only if it means you won't block anyone. But if you miss the deadline... well... then I don't have any reason to make that trade. So don't blame me if I don't follow through on that trade. You have to at least say you want it.
-Adam

Djehutynakht

Postby Djehutynakht » Sun Sep 15, 2013 2:52 am UTC

Heck, I'll take it.

Claiming as I mentioned above.

Fall Harvest:
Spoiler:
R2A1, R3A3

Adam H

Postby Adam H » Sun Sep 15, 2013 12:55 pm UTC

Fall Regions:
Spoiler:
R1A3: 62 Logs, 9 Stone
R1A4: 168 Gold, 9 Metal

R2A4: 49 Peasants
R2A5: 54 Peasants

R3A1: 110 Gold, 13 Citizens
R3A2: 76 Stone
R3A3: 141 Wheat, 3 Citizens
R3A5: 65 Metal
Results of Fall Harvest:
Spoiler:

bluebambue  -  R1A2, R2A2, R3A4
Snark       -  R1A4, R2A4, R3A1
djhutynakht -  NONE, R2A1, R3A3
Adam H      -  R1A1, R2A3, R3A5
Elmach      -  R1A3, R2A5, R3A2

There were no conflicts.
Kingdom Stats:
Spoiler:

Year 1, Fall Harvest

Blue - Snark-  DJ  - Adam -Elmach
Gold  - 1000 - 1278 - 1000 – 1000 - 1000
Wheat -    0 -    0 -  141 -    0 -    0
Logs  -    0 -    0 -    0 -  101 -   62
Metal -   14 -    9 -    0 -   65 -    0
Stone -  116 -    0 -  113 -    0 -   85
Psnts -   34 -   49 -    0 -    0 -   54
Food  -    0 -    0 -    0 -   68 -    0
Walls -    0 -    0 -    0 -    0 -    0
Trbch -   11 -    0 -    3 -    0 -    0
Raidr -    0 -    0 -    0 -    0 -    0
Soldr -    0 -    0 -    0 -    0 -    0
Citzn -   25 -   13 -    3 -    0 -    0
Noble -    0 -    0 -    0 -    0 -    0
Offcr -    0 -    0 -    0 -    0 -    0

Year 1, Fall Market

You have 24 hours to craft and trade and buy things at the Fall Market. You may craft and trade and buy as much as you like within that time.

Trade by doing this:
Offer <Certain player name(s)> <Stuff you're offering> for <Stuff you want>
Followed by this:
Accept offer from <Certain player name> of <Stuff they're offering> for <Stuff you're giving>

You can also trade raw resources with the neutral Trading Post at a 2:1 exchange rate.

Craft like this:
Use 10 Citizens and 10 Wheat to make 10 Food.

Buy like this:
Buy 10 Wheat for 40 Gold.

You may chat in spoilers, but trading, crafting, and buying are done in public.

For each player who posts "Need more time", I'll add 6 hours onto the 24 hour deadline.
-Adam

Adam H

Re: Kingdom Control 2.0 [Year 1, Fall Market]

Postby Adam H » Sun Sep 15, 2013 1:04 pm UTC

Offer Bouer 34 food and 33 metal for 71 wheat and 2 citizens.

After that goes through, then:

Offer anyone 1 Wheat for 1 Peasant (up to 50 Wheat).

Offer anyone 1 Log for either 1 Peasant OR 3 Gold (up to 50 Logs)

Next is the feast, so everyone make sure you buy enough food.
-Adam

Snark

Postby Snark » Sun Sep 15, 2013 2:01 pm UTC

Accept Adam's offer of 25 Wheat for 25 Citizens.

Snark

Postby Snark » Sun Sep 15, 2013 7:00 pm UTC

Buy 1 Peasant (4 Gold apiece) and 87 Food (8 Gold apiece) and 47 Citizens (12 Gold apiece) for 1264 Gold
Craft 25 Wheat and 25 Peasants into 25 Food

Vytron
Location: The Outside. I use She/He/Her/His/Him as gender neutral pronouns :P

Postby Vytron » Sun Sep 15, 2013 9:06 pm UTC

- As spectator -

Adam H wrote:Offer Bouer 34 food and 33 metal for 71 wheat and 2 citizens.

Bouer? Wait, what?

Djehutynakht

Postby Djehutynakht » Mon Sep 16, 2013 4:54 am UTC

Okay... let me see...these movements are currently tentative and only to be finalized when time runs out for the Market (subject to change until then)

Buy 150 peasants for 600 gold
Buy 32 logs for 128 gold
Buy 25 metal for 100 gold

Create 21 citizens
Create 2 nobles
Create 23 soldiers
Create 2 officers
Craft 50 food
Craft 5 Walls

I think that should work. Let me know. Getting my feel for the new system.

So Adam.. about walls.

Hypothetically.... These 5 walls, manned with 5-6 soldiers apiece (I'm assuming officers still can man walls?) will each act as an additional 5-6 soldiers, until they are captured.

Does this work? I dunno. Finding my way around this system.

Elmach

Postby Elmach » Mon Sep 16, 2013 6:44 am UTC

Err, I thought it worked like if you have n soldiers defending and m walls, then you have n + min(n,m) amound of defense.

Elmach

Postby Elmach » Mon Sep 16, 2013 7:09 am UTC

Buy 14 Peasant for 56 Gold
Craft 46 Peasant and 23 Log into 23 Citizen
Buy 22 Wheat for 88 Gold
Craft 22 Peasant and 22 Wheat into 22 Food
Craft 2 Citizen and 4 Stone and 2 Log into 2 Noble

I'm hoping I did all the maths correct.
EDIT: Obviously not, I accidentally made only 2 Food. Fixed that.
EDIT: Also, wrong number of peasants bought. I think. Fixed that too.

Elmach

Postby Elmach » Mon Sep 16, 2013 7:30 am UTC

IF the mod states that this assumption:
Elmach wrote:Err, I thought it worked like if you have n soldiers defending and m walls, then you have n + min(n,m) amound of defense.

is true, then
@Elmach
Spoiler:
Buy 28 Peasant for 112 Gold
Buy 14 Metal for 56 Gold
Buy 14 Peasant for 56 Gold
Buy 14 Wheat for 56 Gold
Use 14 Peasant and 14 Wheat to make 14 Food
Use 28 Peasant and 14 Metal to make 14 Soldier
Use 78 Stone and 13 Log to make 13 Wall

Adam H

Postby Adam H » Mon Sep 16, 2013 1:20 pm UTC

Vytron wrote:- As spectator -

Adam H wrote:Offer Bouer 34 food and 33 metal for 71 wheat and 2 citizens.

Bouer? Wait, what?

Curses!

Offer djhutynakht 34 food and 33 metal for 71 wheat and 2 citizens.

Snark, I have no wheat to trade with you yet, so I can't make that trade unless dj trades with me. I have to assume he wants to trade since he's buying metal and food and has a plethora of wheat... :)

Elmach wrote:Err, I thought it worked like if you have n soldiers defending and m walls, then you have n + min(n,m) amount of defense.
Yes. Well said!

Djehutynakht wrote:Hypothetically.... These 5 walls, manned with 5-6 soldiers apiece (I'm assuming officers still can man walls?) will each act as an additional 5-6 soldiers, until they are captured.
Incorrect; see above.

Yes, 1 officer is able to "activate" 1 wall. So 1 officer, 10 soldiers, and 11 (or more) walls count as 23 defense.
-Adam

Snark

Postby Snark » Mon Sep 16, 2013 1:29 pm UTC

Well crap. I didn't notice the "after that goes through" bit.

If that trade fails, then just ignore the "craft" portion of my post and process only the "buy" line. Thanks.

Post in question:
Snark wrote:Buy 1 Peasant (4 Gold apiece) and 87 Food (8 Gold apiece) and 47 Citizens (12 Gold apiece) for 1264 Gold
Craft 25 Wheat and 25 Peasants into 25 Food

Return to “Forum Games”