Where in the Mandelbrot Set are you? 2

For all your silly time-killing forum games.

Moderators: jestingrabbit, Moderators General, Prelates

AarexTiaokhiao

Where in the Mandelbrot Set are you? 2

Postby AarexTiaokhiao » Fri Nov 14, 2014 12:51 am UTC

This is continuation of Where in the Mandelbrot Set are you?

Welcome! This is the Mandelbrot Set version of Where in the World!

The Mandelbrot Set is an infinitely complex structure discovered by Benoit Mandelbrot, and it's very similar to Google Maps because you start with a big complex structure and you zoom into it to find interesting places. It has those dull areas that are like oceans, and it has smaller deformed copies of the whole shebang which are like big, dense cities.

So, why not hiding there? Luckily, we can limit how big is the Set, and so, we can zoom just enough before things start looking all the same, by limiting the number of iterations, which means, you can find me in 20 questions or less by asking questions similar to where in the world

We'll be using this applet from here, just scroll to the bottom of the page to find a zoomable Mandelbrot Set limited to 256 Iterations/colors. Just click on the part that you want to zoom in to center it, and use the Mouse Wheel to zoom in or out, can't be easier! We uses Kalles Fraktaler, so we make deep zoom photos.

Rules
  • I am hiding somewhere in the Mandelbrot Set, and you must find me!
  • I will post a screencap taken from the Mandelbrot Set from here.
  • Everyone else asks yes or no questions in order to find out where I am.
  • Each question asked must be seconded by at least one other person before I will answer it (questions that aren't seconded or withdrawn after 48 hours will be answered regardless).
  • The first person to guess my exact coordinates and/or post a screencap matching mine wins the game.
  • If you can't find me after twenty questions, I win the game.
  • The winner picks the next location, uploads an image, and answers questions.

I'm hiding here!

Attachments:
Spoiler:
png.png

Good luck!
I QUIT

Return to “Forum Games”