Roll to Dodge Duels! (Sign Up Now)

For all your silly time-killing forum games.

Moderators: jestingrabbit, Moderators General, Prelates

KingTip

Roll to Dodge Duels! (Sign Up Now)

Postby KingTip » Fri Jan 16, 2015 3:48 am UTC

This is a game I thought of when I was looking through Roll to Doge! A New Land: Basically, this gets rid of most of the story creating of roll to dodge and keeps just the fighting. It would be in a tournament style, and we could maybe have brackets too. Here are the rules:

*Note* Characters from Roll to Dodge 2 do not carry over into Duels

You win a round by defeating your opponent. You defeat your opponent by winning 3 actions. An action is something you type in to do(Example: I take out my sword and swing wildly at the enemy) Your opponent does the same. Your action and the opponent's action are placed head to head, and depending on who's action is better and get's the better roll, one of you will win. There will be multiple rolls during the action, not just the one to determine what happens to your action. If you win 3 actions you progress to the next round, fighting another winner.

The action results are defined by a six-sided die roll:
[1]: Epic Fail. Your efforts worsened your situation.
[2]: Fail. Your skills or luck were insufficient.
[3]: Meager success: The action didn't work as well as you would've liked it too.
[4]: Success: Your efforts were sufficient to achieve your action.
[5]: Epic Success: Your skills and luck have combined to ensure your success.
[6]: Overshot: Your efforts were more than required for the goal's completion, and your luck is such that unfortunate side-effects are inevitable.

Basically, you can post what you want to do, and the GM will resolve it with dice.

For each action, any number of rolls may be made, as determined by the GM, but listing multiple actions per action is frowned upon.
Primary causes for multiple rolls include, but are not limited to:

* Actions explicitly composed of multiple actions
* Actions that imply other actions that are not declared free

For every dodge roll, any number of additional rolls may be made, as determined by the circumstances, and any skills or special effects applied to the player.

If you are Stunned, Dazed, or otherwise receive a temporary penalty to overall or individual rolls, this penalty lasts until your next action is resolved, and not through the whole turn.
If you receive a mortal wound but are not killed outright, you need to pass a roll to dodge Death at the end of every turn. Only bad rolls here will provide penalties to survival rolls.
Status Effects do not carry over rounds.

I will be the GM
Players:
Spoiler:
None
I'm baaaaaaaaack! ( <- sort of ironic cause I left for a little bit, but I might be back...)

Look around you
Strex.
Look inside you
Strex.
Go to sleep
Strex.
Believe in a smiling god.

StrexCorp.
It is everything.

Return to “Forum Games”