Green Dragon Tavern

For all your silly time-killing forum games.

Moderators: jestingrabbit, Moderators General, Prelates

maident

Green Dragon Tavern

Postby maident » Sat Jun 04, 2016 8:47 pm UTC

Green Dragon Tavern
Loosely based off of Red Dragon Inn and Rumble. After a long day of adventuring, it's time to kick back, grab a drink, and maybe see if you can't swindle some of that hard-earned gold off of your party members.

Phases:
Draft phase: Draft five actions. These should involve someone directly - either an enemy or yourself. Any numbers involved should be positive integers from 1 to 10. As a general guideline, anything that affects you should be about half as effective as anything that affects an enemy. An example: Cause an enemy to lose 2 gold coins versus Gain 1 gold coin.

Bid phase: Everyone bids in secret for as many actions as they wish. Actions are then rewarded in order of high bid, with the limitation of each player only receiving a maximum of three and a minimum of one. Any remaining actions are binned.

Action phase: Every player automatically loses one gold coin and may, if they wish, complete an action. Any action done this way will be unavailable for the rest of the game. Actions are resolved simultaneously as much as possible; otherwise, they are resolved via RNG order if order matters. (Any dice that are required to be rolled shall be rolled by me).

Final phase: Check for game end, give rewards, and go through all phases again if game continues. Game ends when at least one player is out of gold. Rewards given are different every round, but will be public knowledge. One round may reward the player that lost the most gold, for example, only for the next round to reward the player to have caused the most gold to be lost.

Every player starts with number of players times ten for their beginning amount of gold coins.
Each phase will last about a week, possibly less if all players complete a phase before time is up. Any player that does not complete a phase in time will be considered ineligible for the reminder of the round.

Last edited by maident on Sun Jun 05, 2016 7:59 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.

maident

Re: Green Dragon Tavern

Postby maident » Sun Jun 05, 2016 5:25 am UTC

Effect cards for this round:
Drinks are on the menu - For every drink imbibed, a player will go from tipsy (1 drink) to hammered (5 drinks). Any player that gets hammered loses five gold coins.
Want to try your luck? - If a player so chooses, they may gamble in addition to their action. A d10 is rolled, if the result is even you lose that amount of gold. If odd, you gain that amount of gold.

Starting action cards:
Here, you try it first: Pass a drink to a random enemy.
Double down: Double the result of a random enemy's gamble, if applicable.

Reward:
The player that drinks the least this round will get five gold coins.

Mikemk

Postby Mikemk » Sun Jun 05, 2016 5:33 am UTC

I'll join in I guess.
Computer specs:
Spoiler:
Intel i5-750 (OC 3.33 GHz)
8GB (OC 1333 MHz) (2GB HDD cache)
NVIDIA GT 740 (OC 1149 MHz) 4GB (OC 841 MHz)
480GB SSD (120 HDD cache)
2x2TB HDD (not RAID)
Windows 10
Linux Mint in VM

heuristically_alone

Postby heuristically_alone » Sun Jun 05, 2016 9:38 am UTC

/in with more confidence then Mikemk
Bow gifted by adnapemit.

You can learn to levitate with just a little help.

:idea: = Surprised Cyclops

Lawrencelot

Postby Lawrencelot » Sun Jun 05, 2016 1:40 pm UTC

/in with confidence somewhat in between

maident

Postby maident » Sun Jun 05, 2016 7:59 pm UTC

After further consideration, I am going to let the signups end early if we get five players. (I will edit the OP to make sure that is clear).

faubiguy

Postby faubiguy » Mon Jun 06, 2016 6:49 pm UTC

/in

maident

Postby maident » Mon Jun 06, 2016 8:00 pm UTC

Something I forgot to mention (sorry, but I didn't actually fully consider the possibility even though I really should've.)

All money spent in bids are lost permanently, regardless of who won or lost. Any ties in bids are resolved via least-actions-first. Any further ties are broken by least-gold-remaining. If there's still a tie, I'll RNG it.

orangedragonfire

Postby orangedragonfire » Mon Jun 06, 2016 11:20 pm UTC

/in

Question:
Regarding this:
maident wrote:Draft phase: Draft five actions. [...]

Bid phase: Everyone bids in secret for as many actions as they wish. Actions are then rewarded in order of high bid, with the limitation of each player only receiving a maximum of three and a minimum of one. Any remaining actions are binned.

(emphasis mine)

So... with 5 players, does that mean that everybody can only ever get one action, since everybody has to get at least one and there are only 5 to be distributed?

emlightened

Postby emlightened » Tue Jun 07, 2016 12:00 am UTC

\in (if still open)
← approximately how gay I am.
"a nebulous cloud of different combinations of styling bodily features"
"on either side of a wrought iron fence made of tigers"

maident

Postby maident » Tue Jun 07, 2016 12:44 am UTC

orangedragonfire wrote:/in

Question:
Regarding this:
maident wrote:Draft phase: Draft five actions. [...]

(emphasis mine)

So... with 5 players, does that mean that everybody can only ever get one action, since everybody has to get at least one and there are only 5 to be distributed?

That 5 is per player, so if I were drafting, I might come up with something like this:
Drink fiddling: Targets a random drinking enemy, causing that drink to add two instead of one for the player's drunk-meter, though still only counting as one drink for the reward purposes.
A different gamble: Costs 3 gold. Targets all enemies to make them lose one coin each.
Look, over there!: Target a specific enemy. That player loses 3 coins.
Have a drink: Costs 2 gold, gives a specific enemy a drink.
Drinks on me! Costs 4 gold, gives all enemies a drink each.

And then, assuming that I were bidding on the above actions, I might only really be interested in A different gamble and Look, over there!; I might not win them both, but that's (hopefully) part of the intrigue ^^

Hopefully that cleared that up, let me know if I totally got sidetracked and missed your question entirely (because sometimes I do that >_>).

At any rate,
Players should begin drafting now.
Deadline: June 13, 2016 6PM PST

Lawrencelot

Postby Lawrencelot » Tue Jun 07, 2016 7:31 am UTC

Actions:
Spoiler:
Cheat: Pay 3 coins to multiply the dice result of your gamble by 2.
Point to the nearest toilet: Gain 2 coins from all enemies that had 3 drinks or more.
Dance on the table: Gain 1 coin from each enemy.
Singing contest: You gain 12 coins, the second-highest bidder for this action gains 6 coins, and all other enemies lose 3 coins.
Bribe: Pay 5 coins to choose all actions of a random enemy.

heuristically_alone

Postby heuristically_alone » Tue Jun 07, 2016 2:19 pm UTC

Drafted actions
Spoiler:
Russian roulette: choose one other player. You both roll d10. The player with the lowest number loses 5 coins. In case of a tie, no one loses coins
Massive Russian roulette: all players rolls d10. The player that rolls the highest gains 6 coins. All others loses 2 coins. In ties, the coins are split among the winners.
Bar assassin force one player to have a drink
Self employees bar assassin have one drink and force another player to have 2 drinks
Receive Karma give any player 3 coins and for the rest of the round any coins you receive is doubled and any coins you lose is halved (rounding up)
Bow gifted by adnapemit.

orangedragonfire

Postby orangedragonfire » Tue Jun 07, 2016 5:55 pm UTC

Drafted actions:

Spoiler:
And my axe - When you were to lose up to three gold, you may instead pay with one of your weapons.
A well-placed word - After another player takes an action that is illegal*, you quietly inform the guards of their transgression, causing them to lose 2 gold.
Iron stomach - The next drink you drink does not increase your inebriation level.
Weighted die - Roll a d20 instead of a d10. Everything above 10 counts as a success, in addition to the normal rules for results under 10.
Wine in front of me - Poison a drink. Drinking a poisoned drink counts as 3 drinks for purposes of inebriation level.

*what is illegal is here mostly up to common sense - lying, cheating, stealing etc. For

maident

Postby maident » Wed Jun 08, 2016 5:03 pm UTC

emlightened wrote:\in (if still open)
Yup, I definitely missed this the first time around (sorry!); go ahead and draft too (and let me know if you need extra time please).

Mikemk

Postby Mikemk » Wed Jun 08, 2016 9:02 pm UTC

2 Actions:
Spoiler:
Lord's Gamble The Lord of the Green Dragon has bet on the winner. As he's the lord, everyone must match his bet. Roll a 1d10. 1-5 you pay everyone 1 coin (including the Lord). 6-10, everyone pays you one coin (The Lord skiffs his bets).
Designated Driver Refuse a drink Your drunkenness score goes from 2 to 6 instead of 1 to 5.

Possibly more to come
Computer specs:
Spoiler:
2x2TB HDD (not RAID)
Windows 10
Linux Mint in VM

emlightened

Postby emlightened » Wed Jun 08, 2016 9:21 pm UTC

Drafted Actions:
Spoiler:
Want to fill this up?: You pass an empty keg to another player. If their drink gets refilled, two more automatically get refilled for them.
Never Have I Ever: Costs 1 coin per person that drinks. You play Never Have I Ever. (Everyone else at the table may have done the thing you haven't (decided randomly), and has to take a drink.) OR* (You ask if anyone has ever done something you haven't, and they take a drink if they have.) If nobody else has a drink, you have to.
Enter the Raffle: Cost 2 coins. For some reason, there's a raffle in the tavern. Buy a ticket for each player, and two of you will win two drinks each.
To the Bar!: Costs 1 coin. You go to the bar, and have a drink there. This has the fortunate effect of you missing on one of the actions of one of the other players on you (if it would require you to be there).
Whoops!: You knock over one of your drinks on another player, and take one coin whilst they're not looking. (You're a rotten person, aren't you?)

* I don't know if there's a way of implementing asking the question, hence the two suggestions. Please pick whichever you think's best.

maident

Postby maident » Sat Jun 11, 2016 3:06 am UTC

Three days remain.

Of note: If a player doesn't finish this phase, I think I'm going to cut them out of the calculation for beginning income.

faubiguy

Postby faubiguy » Sun Jun 12, 2016 11:04 pm UTC

Actions
Spoiler:
Coin toss: Choose an enemy and flip a coin. If heads they must take 2 drinks, if tails then you must take 1.
Drink master: If you drink 7 or more drinks none will count towards your drunkenness and for each drink above 7 you'll gain 2 coins.
Backup plan: If you lost the gamble, a number of drinks equal to half the number of coins you lost will be given out randomly to all players except you.
Switcheroo: Spend 2 coins; the next drink you have will instead be given to whichever enemy has had the least drinks so far.
Lucky number 7: If you take the gamble and roll a 7, you can choose another player to lose 7 coins.

maident

Postby maident » Mon Jun 13, 2016 4:57 pm UTC

Only eight hours remain until deadline!
Mikemk wrote:To ping notifications

Mikemk

Postby Mikemk » Mon Jun 13, 2016 5:31 pm UTC

Do have have to come up with all 5? Fine.

Spoiler:
Synthehol Costs 3 gold. Your drink score is halfed
Ace in the hole Cheat on your next gamble (guaranteed win). Can only be used once
Fake sipping Ignore one drink. Your shirt and pants get soaked.
Computer specs:
Spoiler:
2x2TB HDD (not RAID)
Windows 10
Linux Mint in VM

maident

Postby maident » Mon Jun 13, 2016 8:32 pm UTC

Everyone gets 60 gold coins (each)! You may bid using as much or as little of this income as you wish, but are not allowed any debts.
Note that the following two actions are (freely) available to all players unless an action would otherwise interfere:
Double down: Double the result of a random enemy's gamble, if applicable.
Here, you try it first: Pass a drink to a random enemy.

To bid on action(s), simply spoiler the name of an action and how much you're spending to bid on it, like so: [spoiler]Bidding 2 coins on Bribe.[/spoiler] and repeat for as many as you'd like. You can only win up to 3 actions, and will be given 1 action if you don't win any. (Actions are won by least-conflict first, followed by least-actions and lastly by least-gold. Any ties are similarly decided.)

Actions to be bid on:
Ace in the hole: Cheat on your next gamble (guaranteed win). Can only be used once.
And my axe: When you were to lose up to 3 gold, you may instead pay with one of your weapons.
A well-placed word: After another player takes an action that is illegal*, you quietly inform the guards of their transgression, causing them to lose 2 gold.
Backup plan: If you lost the gamble, a number of drinks equal to half the number of coins you lost will be given out randomly to all players except you.
Bar assassin: Force one player to have a drink.

Bribe: Pay 5 coins to choose all actions of a random enemy.
Cheat: Pay 3 coins to multiply the dice result of your gamble by 2.
Coin toss: Choose an enemy and flip a coin. If heads they must take 2 drinks, if tails then you must take 1.
Dance on the table: Gain 1 coin from each enemy.
Designated Driver: Refuse a drink. Your drunkenness score goes from 2 to 6 instead of 1 to 5.

Drink master: If you drink 7 or more drinks none will count towards your drunkenness and for each drink above 7 you'll gain 2 coins.
Enter the Raffle: Cost 2 coins. For some reason, there's a raffle in the tavern. Buy a ticket for each player, and 2 of you will win 2 drinks each.
Fake sipping: Ignore 1 drink. Your shirt and pants get soaked.
Iron stomach: The next drink you drink does not increase your inebriation level.
Lucky number 7: If you take the gamble and roll a 7, you can choose another player to lose 7 coins.

Lord's Gamble: The Lord of the Green Dragon has bet on the winner. As the the lord, everyone must match their bet. Roll a 1d10. 1-5 you pay everyone 1 coin (including the Lord). 6-10, everyone pays you one coin (The Lord skiffs their bets).
Massive Russian roulette: All players rolls d10. The player that rolls the highest gains 6 coins. All others loses 2 coins. In ties, the coins are split among the winners.
Never Have I Ever: Costs 1 coin per person that drinks. You play Never Have I Ever. (Everyone else at the table may have done the thing you haven't (decided randomly), and has to take a drink.) If nobody else has a drink, you have to.
Point to the nearest toilet: Gain 2 coins from all enemies that had 3 drinks or more.
Receive Karma: Give any player 3 coins and for the rest of the round any coins you receive is doubled and any coins you lose is halved (rounding up).

Russian roulette: Choose one other player. You both roll d10. The player with the lowest number loses 5 coins. In case of a tie, no one loses coins.
Self employees bar assassin: Have 1 drink and force another player to have 2 drinks.
Singing contest: You gain 12 coins, the second-highest bidder for this action gains 6 coins, and all other enemies lose 3 coins.
Switcheroo: Spend 2 coins; the next drink you have will instead be given to whichever enemy has had the least drinks so far.
Synthehol: Costs 3 gold. Your drink score is halved rounded down.

To the Bar!: Costs 1 coin. You go to the bar, and have 1 drink there. This has the fortunate effect of you missing on one of the actions of one of the other players on you (if it would require you to be there).
Want to fill this up?: You pass an empty keg to another player. If their drink gets refilled, 2 more automatically get refilled for them.
Weighted die: Roll a d20 instead of a d10. Everything above 10 counts as a success, in addition to the normal rules for results under 10.
Whoops!: You knock over one of your drinks on another player, and take 1 coin whilst they're not looking. (You're a rotten person, aren't you?)
Wine in front of me: Poison a random enemy's drink. Drinking a poisoned drink counts as 3 drinks for purposes of inebriation level.

Deadline: June 20th, 2:30PM PST

Mikemk

Postby Mikemk » Mon Jun 13, 2016 10:49 pm UTC

Not sure why they're spoilered
Spoiler:
Bid 1 on Drink Master
Bid 1 on Singing Contest
Bid 1 on Receive Karma

@maident, do we get to keep our bids if we don't win the action?
Last edited by Mikemk on Tue Jun 14, 2016 3:40 am UTC, edited 1 time in total.
Computer specs:
Spoiler:
2x2TB HDD (not RAID)
Windows 10
Linux Mint in VM

maident

Postby maident » Tue Jun 14, 2016 2:57 am UTC

Mikemk wrote:
Spoiler:
Bid 1 on Drink Master
Bid 1 on Singing Contest
Bid 1 on Receive Karma

@maident, do we get to keep our bids if we don't win the action?
No, you don't keep your bids if you don't win the action.
Also please spoiler your bids (it'll help so that other players don't purposely outbid you by exactly 1, for example).

Mikemk

Postby Mikemk » Tue Jun 14, 2016 3:42 am UTC

maident wrote:No, you don't keep your bids if you don't win the action.

So, say I bid 1 on setta. Someone else then bids two, I bid 3. I have now spent 4 bidding 3 on setta?

maident wrote:Also please spoiler your bids (it'll help so that other players don't purposely outbid you by exactly 1, for example).

Isn't that the point?

I get the feeling I misunderstood this. It's an auction, right?
Computer specs:
Spoiler:
2x2TB HDD (not RAID)
Windows 10
Linux Mint in VM

maident

Postby maident » Tue Jun 14, 2016 3:49 am UTC

For your example, yes you would've spent 4 coins total. (That way, bidding wars don't escalate too badly.)

As for 'the point', imagine the following scenario:
Players 1 and 2 want the same card. They bid the same number of coins on it each. Not knowing how much the other player has bid, they have to determine whether or not to raise their bid, and should need to determine just how much they want to risk their very finite amount of coins on a particular favorite action that they want to get.

versus..
Players 1 and 2 want the same card. At the very last moment, Player 1 outbids Player 2 by exactly one coin. Doesn't feel as.. fair.

Mikemk

Postby Mikemk » Tue Jun 14, 2016 5:06 am UTC

Since no one else has bid yet, will you let me change my bids instead of bidding again then?
New bids:
Spoiler:
Bid 3 on Drink Master
Bid 5 on Singing Contest
Bid 10 on Receive Karma
Computer specs:
Spoiler:
2x2TB HDD (not RAID)
Windows 10
Linux Mint in VM

Lawrencelot

Postby Lawrencelot » Tue Jun 14, 2016 9:40 am UTC

My bids:
Spoiler:
6 coins for Backup plan, 5 for Bar Assassin, 7 for Singing Contest, 3 for Switcheroo, 5 for Wine in Front of Me.

maident

Postby maident » Tue Jun 14, 2016 4:52 pm UTC

Mikemk wrote:Since no one else has bid yet, will you let me change my bids instead of bidding again then?
Sure, that's fine.

maident

Postby maident » Fri Jun 17, 2016 6:20 pm UTC

3 days and 3 hours (and 10 minutes) left!

heuristically_alone wrote:Ping!

faubiguy wrote:Ping!

orangedragonfire wrote:Ping!

emlightened wrote:Ping!

If you don't want to bid on anything, please do say so.

orangedragonfire

Postby orangedragonfire » Fri Jun 17, 2016 11:55 pm UTC

It's just really difficult to decide.

Spoiler:
I bid 1 gold on each of the following:

Iron stomach: The next drink you drink does not increase your inebriation level.
Synthehol: Costs 3 gold. Your drink score is halved rounded down.
To the Bar!: Costs 1 coin. You go to the bar, and have 1 drink there. This has the fortunate effect of you missing on one of the actions of one of the other players on you (if it would require you to be there).

heuristically_alone

Postby heuristically_alone » Sat Jun 18, 2016 12:47 am UTC

Spoiler:
Ace in the hole: bid 1 gold
Dance on the table: bid 1 gold
Receive Karma: bid 1 gold
Singing contest: bid 6 gold
Weighted die: bid 1 gold
Bow gifted by adnapemit.

emlightened

Postby emlightened » Mon Jun 20, 2016 6:47 am UTC

Bids
Spoiler:
Ace in the hole: 1
Point to the nearest toilet: 1
Whoops!: 1
Dance on the table: 1
Receive Karma: 1

faubiguy

Postby faubiguy » Tue Jun 21, 2016 2:10 am UTC

bids
Spoiler:
Singing contest - 5
Backup plan - 1
receive karma - 4
weighted die - 4
fake sipping 1
dance on the table -1
want to fill this up - 1

maident

Postby maident » Tue Jun 21, 2016 2:56 am UTC

Sorry guys, unexpected hiatus of about 16 days means this game is as good as dead.
Short version is I'm being put on a ship with the likelihood of internet access being estimated to be exactly 0%.

Feel free, if anyone's actually interested, to make a copy of this game (and adjust as desired) to play.

faubiguy

Postby faubiguy » Wed Jun 22, 2016 2:37 am UTC

I'd be fine with waiting for 16 days

Return to “Forum Games”