Here are the rules (shamelessly taken from boardgamegeek, thanks for the link patzer!)
In Coup, you want to be the last player with influence in the game, with influence being represented by face-down character cards.
Set-up and Cards:
Duke: Take three coins from the treasury. Block someone from taking foreign aid.
Assassin: Pay three coins and try to assassinate another player's character.
Contessa: Block an assassination attempt against yourself.
Captain: Take two coins from another player, or block someone from stealing coins from you.
Ambassador: Draw two character cards from the Court (the deck), choose which (if any) to exchange with your face-down characters, then return two. Block someone from stealing coins from you.
Income: Take one coin from the treasury.
Foreign aid: Take two coins from the treasury.
Coup: Pay seven coins and launch a coup against an opponent, forcing that player to lose an influence. (If you have ten coins or more, you must take this action.)
When you take one of the character actions – whether actively on your turn, or defensively in response to someone else's action – that character's action automatically succeeds unless an opponent challenges you. In this case, if you can't (or don't) reveal the appropriate character, you lose an influence, turning one of your characters face-up. Face-up characters cannot be used, and if both of your characters are face-up, you're out of the game.
If you do have the character in question and choose to reveal it, the opponent loses an influence, then you shuffle that character into the deck and draw a new one, perhaps getting the same character again and perhaps not.
The last player to still have influence – that is, a face-down character – wins the game!
- If an action can be blocked or challenged, please wait until all players have reacted before moving to the next turn
- If using an Ambassador, the mod will put two cards in an @player spoiler. Read this spoiler, and then list the two cards you wish to return to the deck in an @mod spoiler. Spoilers relating to Ambassador actions may only be read by the mod and the player concerned.
- Players are permitted to communicate privately in-thread through the use of @player spoilers, as this is equivalent to whispering in real life. However, be aware that players are not bound to leave these spoilers unread — even if you whisper, you can be overheard.
- Players must not communicate about this game outside this thread.
- If anything is unclear, feel free to ask.
- In case of ambiguity or dispute, decisions may be appealed within reason. The mod will endeavour to work with players to find a solution that is fair and approved by everyone.
Sign-ups (capped at 7, add lines as needed)