level up! an rpg adventure

For all your silly time-killing forum games.

Moderators: jestingrabbit, Moderators General, Prelates

User avatar
phillip1882
Posts: 93
Joined: Fri Jun 14, 2013 9:11 pm UTC
Location: geogia
Contact:

level up! an rpg adventure

Postby phillip1882 » Tue Aug 22, 2017 7:47 pm UTC

you arrive in elvengale, a city in medieval times. there is magic here, and many quests to be had. you can attempt to do anything you desire, but note that failure is always an option, no matter your level.
the maximum level in any skill is 100, but there are a wide variety of skills to be had. from bargaining skills to summon fire dragon skills.
many actions will level up more than 1 skill at a time.
you start off with with 20 levels to assign however you want.
be creative!
please keep a tally of your levels in a spoiler at the top of your posts.
post any actions with >. note that simply talking is not directly considered an action.
bitcoin address: 1B73mjAguoK9ATwVjGcy2LasyfG9xtLGsq

User avatar
Freddino18
Posts: 18
Joined: Thu Oct 27, 2016 9:40 pm UTC
Location: E4

Re: level up! an rpg adventure

Postby Freddino18 » Wed Aug 23, 2017 7:14 pm UTC

Spoiler:
1: Go West
1: Go North
1: Go East
1: Go South
0: Fucks Given
3: Extra Lives
3: Kill (all)
4: Defense
1: Speak Languages (English)
1: Sight
2: Extra arms
2: Tentacle Arms
>Look around.
Cautiously pessimistic.
Avatar buddies with Lavender
Tillian wrote:Holy necro!
morriswalters wrote:Low pressure on the balls
Jumble wrote:No, I have testicles, the traditional alternative.
i aint a robot
RAPTOR BLENDERS!

User avatar
somitomi
Posts: 439
Joined: Fri Nov 06, 2015 11:21 pm UTC
Location: can be found in Hungary
Contact:

Re: level up! an rpg adventure

Postby somitomi » Wed Aug 23, 2017 10:32 pm UTC

Spoiler:
luck: 3
eyesight: 1
hitch-hiking: 4
towel-location: 2
armour: 3
smithing: 1
carpentry: 1
craftsmanship: 1
jury-rigging: 1
mounted archery: 1
mathematics: 1.93
I think that adds up...

>Examine surroundings
Image
they/them/theirs = he/him/his ❖ If you want to use something else out of dadaist spite, I won't mind.
✆ Hello? This is Forum Games Discord, what is your emergency?

User avatar
phillip1882
Posts: 93
Joined: Fri Jun 14, 2013 9:11 pm UTC
Location: geogia
Contact:

Re: level up! an rpg adventure

Postby phillip1882 » Wed Aug 23, 2017 11:42 pm UTC

feddino looks around, and sees shops to the north and south, a weapons and armor forge to the east, and a castle to the west with a moat and a draw bridge currently in the down position. there are two guards near the entrance.

somitomi examines his surroundings. he sees some shops to the north, a guild hall to the south, a castle to the east with a moat around it, the back side apparently, to the west he sees a Forrest in the distance with a trail going through it that looks mildly foreboding.
somitomi levels up! observation 1.
bitcoin address: 1B73mjAguoK9ATwVjGcy2LasyfG9xtLGsq

User avatar
Freddino18
Posts: 18
Joined: Thu Oct 27, 2016 9:40 pm UTC
Location: E4

Re: level up! an rpg adventure

Postby Freddino18 » Thu Aug 24, 2017 5:39 pm UTC

Spoiler:
1: Go West
1: Go North
1: Go East
1: Go South
0: Fucks Given
3: Extra Lives
3: Kill (all)
4: Defense
1: Speak Languages (English)
1: Sight
2: Extra arms
2: Tentacle Arms

>Go West.
phillip1882 wrote:somitomi sees a Forrest in the distance with a trail going through it that looks mildly foreboding.

Image
Cautiously pessimistic.
Avatar buddies with Lavender
Tillian wrote:Holy necro!
morriswalters wrote:Low pressure on the balls
Jumble wrote:No, I have testicles, the traditional alternative.
i aint a robot
RAPTOR BLENDERS!

User avatar
phillip1882
Posts: 93
Joined: Fri Jun 14, 2013 9:11 pm UTC
Location: geogia
Contact:

Re: level up! an rpg adventure

Postby phillip1882 » Thu Aug 24, 2017 7:15 pm UTC

Freddino heads toward the castle starting very very slowly as he hasn't leveled up movement yet. he knows his directions however and is mildly confident he's heading west. he approaches the guards on the other side of the drawbridge. they ask him to state his business inside the castle.
a few out of the infinite possible actions are:
> "i want to see the king."
> "i just want to look around."
> "nothing really." (and walk away.)
>attack the guards for their impertinence.
Freddino levels up! movement 1.
freddino levels up! north 1 south 1 east 1 and west 1 become one single level, internal compass 4.
bitcoin address: 1B73mjAguoK9ATwVjGcy2LasyfG9xtLGsq

User avatar
Freddino18
Posts: 18
Joined: Thu Oct 27, 2016 9:40 pm UTC
Location: E4

Re: level up! an rpg adventure

Postby Freddino18 » Fri Aug 25, 2017 7:23 pm UTC

Spoiler:
4: Internal Compass
1: Movement
0: Fucks Given
3: Extra Lives
3: Kill (all)
4: Defense
1: Speak Languages (English)
1: Sight
2: Extra arms
2: Tentacle Arms
>"Do you ever wonder why we're here?"
>Put (all) arms around the guards' shoulders.
Cautiously pessimistic.
Avatar buddies with Lavender
Tillian wrote:Holy necro!
morriswalters wrote:Low pressure on the balls
Jumble wrote:No, I have testicles, the traditional alternative.
i aint a robot
RAPTOR BLENDERS!

User avatar
phillip1882
Posts: 93
Joined: Fri Jun 14, 2013 9:11 pm UTC
Location: geogia
Contact:

Re: level up! an rpg adventure

Postby phillip1882 » Fri Aug 25, 2017 8:10 pm UTC

"well i am mildly cur- hey what are you doing!?" the gaurd draws his sword and takes two step back. the other guard also draws his sword.
a few out of the infinite possible actions are:
> "sorry just being playful."
> "i didn't mean any harm." (and walk away)
> attack the gaurds. (probably a bad idea now that they're prepared for an attack.)

feddino levels up! surprise 1.
bitcoin address: 1B73mjAguoK9ATwVjGcy2LasyfG9xtLGsq

User avatar
somitomi
Posts: 439
Joined: Fri Nov 06, 2015 11:21 pm UTC
Location: can be found in Hungary
Contact:

Re: level up! an rpg adventure

Postby somitomi » Sat Aug 26, 2017 10:05 am UTC

>go to guild hall
>hum a song
Image
they/them/theirs = he/him/his ❖ If you want to use something else out of dadaist spite, I won't mind.
✆ Hello? This is Forum Games Discord, what is your emergency?

User avatar
Peaceful Whale
Posts: 54
Joined: Sun Jul 16, 2017 10:38 pm UTC
Location: Northern Virginia

Re: level up! an rpg adventure

Postby Peaceful Whale » Sat Aug 26, 2017 11:40 am UTC

Can I be a cat?.... Yes of course I can.

Spoiler:
Agility:5
Speed:5
Intelligence:5
*the ability to shoot lasers out of my eyes* : 5

(Note: cats have 9 lives :D )


.> sniffs
.>looks around
Peaceful Whale wrote:
flicky1991 wrote:Spell it out for me.
I-T

User avatar
phillip1882
Posts: 93
Joined: Fri Jun 14, 2013 9:11 pm UTC
Location: geogia
Contact:

Re: level up! an rpg adventure

Postby phillip1882 » Sat Aug 26, 2017 11:47 pm UTC

Somitomi travels to the guild hall at a leisurely pace. his movement skill is almost non-existent, but his hitch-hiking ability is strong enough to overcome this obstacle. his humming sounds very annoying to a passerby, but they don't say anything to you about it. as he enters the guild hall, he sees a large group of people, several of which are gathered around a table. there looks to be someone of royalty at the center of the group around the table. if he had to guess, he would say they are planning an attack of some kind.
some out of the infinite possible actions are:
>ask someone nearby what's going on.
>ask if you can be helpful in any way.
>leave the guild hall and explore the shops.
>leave the guild hall and explore the forest.
>leave the guild hall and circle around to the front of the castle and attempt to enter it.

somitomi levels up! singing 1.
somitomi levels up! movement 1.
somitomi levels up! internal compass 1.

peaceful whale sniffs around, and smells the stench of unwashed humans all around him. he can just barely make out the scent of a forest somewhere, but can't see it. as he looks around, he sees a stone structure of some kind to the left, some mountains in the very far distance to the right, a moderately sized wooden building straight ahead, and some shops behind him.

peaceful whale levels up! heightened senses 1!
bitcoin address: 1B73mjAguoK9ATwVjGcy2LasyfG9xtLGsq

User avatar
Peaceful Whale
Posts: 54
Joined: Sun Jul 16, 2017 10:38 pm UTC
Location: Northern Virginia

Re: level up! an rpg adventure

Postby Peaceful Whale » Sun Aug 27, 2017 12:24 am UTC

>walks over towards the shops, looking for food. But also prepares lazerguy eyes, just in case.
*lazer eyes set to power 1/50* (this will set hair on fire after a few seconds)

Code: Select all

heightened senses 1
Agility:5
Speed:5
Intelligence:5
*the ability to shoot lasers out of my eyes* : 5
Peaceful Whale wrote:
flicky1991 wrote:Spell it out for me.
I-T

User avatar
somitomi
Posts: 439
Joined: Fri Nov 06, 2015 11:21 pm UTC
Location: can be found in Hungary
Contact:

Re: level up! an rpg adventure

Postby somitomi » Sun Aug 27, 2017 10:53 am UTC

Spoiler:
luck: 3
eyesight: 1
hitch-hiking: 4
towel-location: 2
armour: 3
smithing: 1
carpentry: 1
craftsmanship: 1
jury-rigging: 1
mounted archery: 1
mathematics: 1.93
singing: 1
movement: 1
internal compass: 1

>Try to ask someone what's going on
>Look at whatever's on the table
Image
they/them/theirs = he/him/his ❖ If you want to use something else out of dadaist spite, I won't mind.
✆ Hello? This is Forum Games Discord, what is your emergency?

User avatar
orangedragonfire
Posts: 13
Joined: Wed Sep 28, 2011 3:45 am UTC
Location: It exists. Probably.

Re: level up! an rpg adventure

Postby orangedragonfire » Sun Aug 27, 2017 1:35 pm UTC

Spoiler:
Destiny: 10
Tragic Backstory: 5
Magic Talent: 2
Prophecies fulfilled: 0
Companions: 0
Manabloom Farming: 2
Gold: 1


Woe came upon the young orangedragonfire when his manabloom farm was raided. His family was killed and/or abducted, and now with few possessions or skills he has to venture out into the world to seek revenge - and his purpose.

> Find tavern.

User avatar
phillip1882
Posts: 93
Joined: Fri Jun 14, 2013 9:11 pm UTC
Location: geogia
Contact:

Re: level up! an rpg adventure

Postby phillip1882 » Sun Aug 27, 2017 2:41 pm UTC

Peaceful Whale meanders toward the nearest food stall. as he heads there, he hears a young child say. "look mommy, a kitty! can i have him?" peaceful whale ignores the young child and the mother clearly doesn't want anything to do with the cat. at the food stall, they sell chicken, steak, pork, and some vegetables. Peaceful Whale isn't too interested in the vegetables, but could definitely go for some roast chicken if he can find a way to get it.
some out of the infinite possible actions are:
>jump up onto the table, bite into the food and run.
>meow very loudly right in front of the stall.
>look to see what else some other stall might be selling.
peaceful whale levels up! movement 1!

somitomi asks a someone nearby whats going on. "hey i don't know you, you could easily be a spy!" somitomi tries assuring him he's no spy and in fact wants to join the group in whatever they are doing. the man looks at him with suspicion but finally relents a little. "if you want to join, try asking the king, he's the man at the center of the group at the table." somitomi was planning on going there next anyway, so heads there. as he approaches, the seven men surrounding the king turn and place their hands on their weapons. apparently, they are guards in plain clothes. the king also turns and asks, "yes? may i help you?"
some out of the infinite possible actions are:
>may i ask what you are doing?
>i'd like to join your army.
>my apologies for interrupting, but i'd like a piece of the action.
>attack the king.

orangedragonfire asks around for a tavern as apparently there isn't one in town as the king has outlawed drinking, but if he heads into the forest, there isn't one too far inside as it lies outside the kings domain. orangedragonfire heads there at very slow pace as he hasn't level up movement yet. but after about 15 minutes gets the basic hang of walking. he heads into the forest and sure enough after about a mile there is a tavern there. the sign on the door says "red flagon inn". he enters and sees about 15 tables. there is a small stage at the back, with a man playing the banjo there. theres a ladder going to a second floor, where it looks like there are two rooms. there as several patrons at various tables, one of which looks to be an off duty guard. the bartender is currently cleaning some recently used glasses.
some out of the infinite possible actions are:
>talk to the man playing banjo.
>talk to the bartender.
>talk to the off duty guard.
>talk to one of the other patrons.

orangedragonfire levels up! reading 1.
orangedragonfire levels up! movement 1.
orangedrangonfire levels up! observation 1.
bitcoin address: 1B73mjAguoK9ATwVjGcy2LasyfG9xtLGsq

User avatar
Peaceful Whale
Posts: 54
Joined: Sun Jul 16, 2017 10:38 pm UTC
Location: Northern Virginia

Re: level up! an rpg adventure

Postby Peaceful Whale » Sun Aug 27, 2017 2:53 pm UTC

I beg with big huge adorable eyes.
(I'm putting movement with agility and speed
Spoiler:
heightened senses: 1
Agility:5.5
Speed:5.5
Intelligence:5
*the ability to shoot lasers out of my eyes* : 5
Peaceful Whale wrote:
flicky1991 wrote:Spell it out for me.
I-T

User avatar
phillip1882
Posts: 93
Joined: Fri Jun 14, 2013 9:11 pm UTC
Location: geogia
Contact:

Re: level up! an rpg adventure

Postby phillip1882 » Sun Aug 27, 2017 3:21 pm UTC

peaceful whale begs in front of the stall with the most melodious meow he can muster. "shoo, shoo!" says the person selling the food. one passerby takes notice and says "aww leave it be." then buys a chicken and breaks off one of the wings and puts it on the ground in front of the cat. peaceful whale eats greedily.
bitcoin address: 1B73mjAguoK9ATwVjGcy2LasyfG9xtLGsq

User avatar
Peaceful Whale
Posts: 54
Joined: Sun Jul 16, 2017 10:38 pm UTC
Location: Northern Virginia

Re: level up! an rpg adventure

Postby Peaceful Whale » Sun Aug 27, 2017 5:18 pm UTC

Shiffs the man. Follow's him home. Zap any people that try to harm him with lasers.
Peaceful Whale wrote:
flicky1991 wrote:Spell it out for me.
I-T

User avatar
orangedragonfire
Posts: 13
Joined: Wed Sep 28, 2011 3:45 am UTC
Location: It exists. Probably.

Re: level up! an rpg adventure

Postby orangedragonfire » Sun Aug 27, 2017 5:31 pm UTC

Spoiler:
Destiny: 10
Tragic Backstory: 5
Magic Talent: 2
Prophecies fulfilled: 0
Companions: 0
Manabloom Farming: 2
Movement: 1
Reading: 1
Observation: 1
Gold: 1


> Locate the oldest patron, sit down next to them and offer to buy them a drink.

Surely with age comes wisdom, so who better for orangedragonfire to ask about his revenge (and purpose)?

User avatar
phillip1882
Posts: 93
Joined: Fri Jun 14, 2013 9:11 pm UTC
Location: geogia
Contact:

Re: level up! an rpg adventure

Postby phillip1882 » Sun Aug 27, 2017 6:42 pm UTC

peaceful whale sniffs the man who fed him. he doesn't smell quite as bad as an average human, but theres a distinct odor of sawdust about him.
he starts walking away from the cat but peaceful whale isn't gotten rid of that easily, and follows the man. at first the man doesn't notice, but by the time the man get about halfway to the saw mill, roughly 2/3 the distance to the forest, he takes notice. "hey now puss, this is no place for a cat, not even many humans can handle the saw mill, you best be getting somewhere else." he swipes a the cat with his boot. peaceful whale hisses, and dodges fairly easily.
some out of the infinite possible actions are:
> follow the man to the saw mill.
> try to find shelter inside the stone structure.
> try to find shelter in the wooden structure.
peaceful whale levels up! companion 1!

orangedragonfire looks for the oldest patron, and spots a man who looks to be in his late 60's. he sits down a the table with him and orders a beer for both himself and the old man. "to what do i owe the pleasure?" the patron asks.
"I'm looking for info about a group of raiders that recently burnt down a farm and abducted some people."
"ah, well then you probably want to talk to the guard, i hear some braggarts came here about a successful raid not to long ago, and the guard was sent here to try to arrest them. they cleared out before he could get here of course, so now the guard figures, why not enjoy his stay. maybe you can convince him to help you find them."
a few out of the infinite possible actions are:
>ask the guard about the braggarts.
>ask the old patron if he knows where the braggarts went.
orangedragonfire levels up! interrogation 1.
Last edited by phillip1882 on Sun Aug 27, 2017 6:44 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.
bitcoin address: 1B73mjAguoK9ATwVjGcy2LasyfG9xtLGsq

User avatar
somitomi
Posts: 439
Joined: Fri Nov 06, 2015 11:21 pm UTC
Location: can be found in Hungary
Contact:

Re: level up! an rpg adventure

Postby somitomi » Sun Aug 27, 2017 6:43 pm UTC

Spoiler:
luck: 3
eyesight: 1
hitch-hiking: 4
towel-location: 2
armour: 3
smithing: 1
carpentry: 1
craftsmanship: 1
jury-rigging: 1
mounted archery: 1
mathematics: 1.93
singing: 1
movement: 1
internal compass: 1

Hmmm, I'm not sure I'd want to get involved in some shady skirmish.
>my apologies for interrupting, may I ask what endeavour are you planning to embark on?
Image
they/them/theirs = he/him/his ❖ If you want to use something else out of dadaist spite, I won't mind.
✆ Hello? This is Forum Games Discord, what is your emergency?

User avatar
phillip1882
Posts: 93
Joined: Fri Jun 14, 2013 9:11 pm UTC
Location: geogia
Contact:

Re: level up! an rpg adventure

Postby phillip1882 » Sun Aug 27, 2017 6:55 pm UTC

the king replies, "there have been numerous bandit raids of our farmlands as of late. if we don't do something about it soon, there will be famine in the town. but we don't want too large of a standing army posted around the villages as this also creates discontent. we're trying to find the optimal defensive positions where several squads can be posted to support each other, should another raid occur. now may i ask to whom i am talking?"
bitcoin address: 1B73mjAguoK9ATwVjGcy2LasyfG9xtLGsq

User avatar
Peaceful Whale
Posts: 54
Joined: Sun Jul 16, 2017 10:38 pm UTC
Location: Northern Virginia

Re: level up! an rpg adventure

Postby Peaceful Whale » Sun Aug 27, 2017 6:57 pm UTC

I walk away, but as soon as he can't see me I turn, and follow him, stealthily. My agility and speed allow me to stay out of his eyesight. My eyes and ears remain open, ready to zap any danger with 1/10 eye laser power.

(Note, 1/10 will burst wood/paper/fur into flames instantly)
Spoiler:
Companion: 1
heightened senses: 1
Agility:5.5
Speed:5.5
Intelligence:5
*the ability to shoot lasers out of my eyes* : 5
Peaceful Whale wrote:
flicky1991 wrote:Spell it out for me.
I-T

User avatar
phillip1882
Posts: 93
Joined: Fri Jun 14, 2013 9:11 pm UTC
Location: geogia
Contact:

Re: level up! an rpg adventure

Postby phillip1882 » Sun Aug 27, 2017 8:38 pm UTC

peaceful whale puts on a bit of a show for the man and appears to walk away, but as soon as the man is a good distance he begins following him again. the man arrives at the saw mill after another 30 minutes of walking. the cat follows him in. inside it looks fairly typical for a saw mill, large logs being cut into smaller, more manageable chunks. there is a large saw that is automatically running by water power, and that is where the man is currently working.
a few out of the infinite possible actions are:
> wait for the man to finish, then follow him home.
> meow to announce your presence, and wait for him to pet you.
> attempt to cut a log with your laser eyes.
bitcoin address: 1B73mjAguoK9ATwVjGcy2LasyfG9xtLGsq

User avatar
orangedragonfire
Posts: 13
Joined: Wed Sep 28, 2011 3:45 am UTC
Location: It exists. Probably.

Re: level up! an rpg adventure

Postby orangedragonfire » Sun Aug 27, 2017 8:43 pm UTC

Spoiler:
Destiny: 10
Tragic Backstory: 5
Magic Talent: 2
Prophecies fulfilled: 0
Companions: 0
Manabloom Farming: 2
Movement: 1
Reading: 1
Observation: 1
Interrogation: 1
Gold: 1


"A single guard would hardly be able to catch an entire group. He will need assistance," orangedragonfire muses.

> Ask the old man whether he knows anybody willing to fight bandits.

User avatar
Peaceful Whale
Posts: 54
Joined: Sun Jul 16, 2017 10:38 pm UTC
Location: Northern Virginia

Re: level up! an rpg adventure

Postby Peaceful Whale » Sun Aug 27, 2017 8:47 pm UTC

I select all the logs mentally, the ones being prepared to be it of course, and laser them all in half, with a high beeping power that the wood doesn't burst into flames, it's just vaporized. Saving all the carpenters hours of work, I am careful though, to not lazed through the walls, or other people.

Edit:
Spoiler:
RPG

Companion: 1
heightened senses: 1
Agility:5.5
Speed:5.5
Intelligence:5
*the ability to shoot lasers out of my eyes* : 5
Peaceful Whale wrote:
flicky1991 wrote:Spell it out for me.
I-T

User avatar
somitomi
Posts: 439
Joined: Fri Nov 06, 2015 11:21 pm UTC
Location: can be found in Hungary
Contact:

Re: level up! an rpg adventure

Postby somitomi » Sun Aug 27, 2017 10:40 pm UTC

Spoiler:
luck: 3
eyesight: 1
hitch-hiking: 4
towel-location: 2
armour: 3
smithing: 1
carpentry: 1
craftsmanship: 1
jury-rigging: 1
mounted archery: 1
mathematics: 1.93
singing: 1
movement: 1
internal compass: 1

Damn. Need to come up with a backstory
>come up with backstory
Somitomi comes up with a half-baked backstory!
Spoiler:
Through events not yet contrived, cosmic adventurer Cliff Bertalan ends up in what appears to be medieval times. Stripped of the far out technological marvels usually at his disposal, he must use his two barespace-gloved hands to survive. Will he make it in this outlandish land? Will he manage to return to his spacehsip? Will he find his bath sheet?
DunDunDunDunDunDun
COSMOMAN CLIIFFFF

<snapping out of meta>
"I am a carpenter, blacksmith and inventor by the name of Cliff. I am not well trained in the arts of combat but perhaps I could help devising some fast way to alert and deploy squads."
>offer services to king
Image
they/them/theirs = he/him/his ❖ If you want to use something else out of dadaist spite, I won't mind.
✆ Hello? This is Forum Games Discord, what is your emergency?

User avatar
Peaceful Whale
Posts: 54
Joined: Sun Jul 16, 2017 10:38 pm UTC
Location: Northern Virginia

Re: level up! an rpg adventure

Postby Peaceful Whale » Sun Aug 27, 2017 11:54 pm UTC

Ooooh, I need a backstory too!

Spoiler:
There was nothing. When? Never. And then nothing decided to be something. Something became the first cat.

Cats live all around in the multi-verse when the respawn they can choose different servers, sadly earth is full of delicious food, but also a large amount of NCPs (Non-Cat players). Many are yummy, and are eaten to keep the remaining RAM and CPU up. But those called humans seem to have devoloped almost cat level consciousness. The cats leave them so hopefully they'll make some cool stuff. my friend Catherine is called PW, which stands for Peaceful Whale, a nickname gotten from his pure awesomeness. This is his 2nd life, he has -------- (infinite) life's left, after he spent years abusing a glitch that gave him retract lives.
Peaceful Whale wrote:
flicky1991 wrote:Spell it out for me.
I-T

User avatar
phillip1882
Posts: 93
Joined: Fri Jun 14, 2013 9:11 pm UTC
Location: geogia
Contact:

Re: level up! an rpg adventure

Postby phillip1882 » Mon Aug 28, 2017 3:14 pm UTC

the old man replies to orangedragonfire, "i hear the king is gathering some troops, though i think he intends to fight defensively rather than offensively.
there's always mercenaries of course, if you have the coin. or you can try the local farmers who have been raided, they might be willing to pitch in, though don't expect much in the way of fighting ability out of them."
bitcoin address: 1B73mjAguoK9ATwVjGcy2LasyfG9xtLGsq

User avatar
phillip1882
Posts: 93
Joined: Fri Jun 14, 2013 9:11 pm UTC
Location: geogia
Contact:

Re: level up! an rpg adventure

Postby phillip1882 » Mon Aug 28, 2017 3:25 pm UTC

peaceful whale attempts to cut a log wit his laser eyes. the lasers aren't quite powerful enough the cut through, at least not quickly, and it takes about an hour to cut one log. the men around the saw mill take notice of the cat. some just stare in disbelief, others sort of shrug it off. "You ever see a cat with laser eyes before?" "No, can't say I have but I've seen plenty of weirder things." the man who the cat followed here, says "that's sort of my friend Catherine. i fed him and he followed me here. must be pretty bright to know how to cut a log with its eyes."
bitcoin address: 1B73mjAguoK9ATwVjGcy2LasyfG9xtLGsq

User avatar
phillip1882
Posts: 93
Joined: Fri Jun 14, 2013 9:11 pm UTC
Location: geogia
Contact:

Re: level up! an rpg adventure

Postby phillip1882 » Mon Aug 28, 2017 3:32 pm UTC

cliff offers his services to the king after explaining what he can do. the king replies, "well the fastest way to deploy troops is by horse of course, unless you know of a faster one. in that regard we could use your blacksmith abilities to make armor and shoe horses. if you have any other ideas I'm all ears."
bitcoin address: 1B73mjAguoK9ATwVjGcy2LasyfG9xtLGsq

User avatar
Peaceful Whale
Posts: 54
Joined: Sun Jul 16, 2017 10:38 pm UTC
Location: Northern Virginia

Re: level up! an rpg adventure

Postby Peaceful Whale » Mon Aug 28, 2017 5:36 pm UTC

>work on improving my eye lasers.

Spoiler:
RPG

Companion: 1
heightened senses: 1
Agility:5.5
Speed:5.5
Intelligence:5
*the ability to shoot lasers out of my eyes* : 5
Peaceful Whale wrote:
flicky1991 wrote:Spell it out for me.
I-T

User avatar
phillip1882
Posts: 93
Joined: Fri Jun 14, 2013 9:11 pm UTC
Location: geogia
Contact:

Re: level up! an rpg adventure

Postby phillip1882 » Mon Aug 28, 2017 6:32 pm UTC

peaceful whale attempts to improve his eye lasers by cutting more logs. after about the 10th log is cut, his eye lasers are now 1 level stronger.

peacefulwhale levels up! eye lasers 6!
bitcoin address: 1B73mjAguoK9ATwVjGcy2LasyfG9xtLGsq

User avatar
Peaceful Whale
Posts: 54
Joined: Sun Jul 16, 2017 10:38 pm UTC
Location: Northern Virginia

Re: level up! an rpg adventure

Postby Peaceful Whale » Mon Aug 28, 2017 9:01 pm UTC

>looks around

Spoiler:
RPG

Companion: 1
heightened senses: 1
Agility:5.5
Speed:5.5
Intelligence:5
*the ability to shoot lasers out of my eyes* : 6
Peaceful Whale wrote:
flicky1991 wrote:Spell it out for me.
I-T

User avatar
orangedragonfire
Posts: 13
Joined: Wed Sep 28, 2011 3:45 am UTC
Location: It exists. Probably.

Re: level up! an rpg adventure

Postby orangedragonfire » Mon Aug 28, 2017 11:03 pm UTC

Spoiler:
Destiny: 10
Tragic Backstory: 5
Magic Talent: 2
Prophecies fulfilled: 0
Companions: 0
Manabloom Farming: 2
Movement: 1
Reading: 1
Observation: 1
Interrogation: 1
Gold: 1 spent


"I sort of spent my coin on that drink..." orangedragonfire sighs, but then brightenes when they get an idea.

> Ask whether there is any reward for capturing the bandits that might entice mercenaries.

User avatar
phillip1882
Posts: 93
Joined: Fri Jun 14, 2013 9:11 pm UTC
Location: geogia
Contact:

Re: level up! an rpg adventure

Postby phillip1882 » Mon Aug 28, 2017 11:22 pm UTC

"oh, now there is an idea. I'm sure the king would pay good money to have live bandits that he could torture for info about their group. and if you can capture the bandit leader himself, he'll triple or even quadruple the bounty. but even so, you would have to split the bounty among the mercenaries. I'm not entirely sure the bounty would be high enough to entice many. but certainly worth a shot. ask the king about the bounty first to find out if it is worth the while."
bitcoin address: 1B73mjAguoK9ATwVjGcy2LasyfG9xtLGsq

User avatar
Peaceful Whale
Posts: 54
Joined: Sun Jul 16, 2017 10:38 pm UTC
Location: Northern Virginia

Re: level up! an rpg adventure

Postby Peaceful Whale » Tue Aug 29, 2017 1:14 am UTC

>looks around some more... and sniffs, and listens.
Peaceful Whale wrote:
flicky1991 wrote:Spell it out for me.
I-T

User avatar
SirGabriel
Posts: 40
Joined: Wed Jul 16, 2014 11:54 pm UTC

Re: level up! an rpg adventure

Postby SirGabriel » Tue Aug 29, 2017 1:33 am UTC

Spoiler:
time travel: 3
backpack full of deus ex machina: 7
superhuman senses: 1
swordsmanship: 2
archery: 1
gourmet cooking: 3
rock climbing: 3

>find some rocks and climb them

User avatar
orangedragonfire
Posts: 13
Joined: Wed Sep 28, 2011 3:45 am UTC
Location: It exists. Probably.

Re: level up! an rpg adventure

Postby orangedragonfire » Tue Aug 29, 2017 11:44 am UTC

Spoiler:
Destiny: 10
Tragic Backstory: 5
Magic Talent: 2
Prophecies fulfilled: 0
Companions: 0
Manabloom Farming: 2
Movement: 1
Reading: 1
Observation: 1
Interrogation: 1
Gold: 1 spent


"Thank you for your help, me good man."

> Go find the king.

User avatar
phillip1882
Posts: 93
Joined: Fri Jun 14, 2013 9:11 pm UTC
Location: geogia
Contact:

Re: level up! an rpg adventure

Postby phillip1882 » Tue Aug 29, 2017 1:53 pm UTC

peaceful whale sees the men winding down for the day. a couple have already left and the others are packing up to leave. the man he followed here is beginning to head out the door. the sawdust smell is strong. he can hear water running, some light talking among the follow wood cutters, and the footsteps of them walking away.

Sir Gabriel looks for rocks to climb. the nearest are of course the castle itself. other than that, there's some mountains in the distance. which to choose?

orangedragonfire goes back to town, and asks a passerby where the king is. "he's in the guild hall , planning some defensive measures against the bandit menace. i wouldn't disturb him just now unless you intend to pitch in." he thanks the man, and heads toward the guild hall. once there, he sees about what he expected given the info, a large group of people gathered, several of which are surrounding a table, with a man that looks of royalty at the center. must be the king. the king seems to be chatting with someone else who looks mildly important just now.
bitcoin address: 1B73mjAguoK9ATwVjGcy2LasyfG9xtLGsq


Return to “Forum Games”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 39 guests