Each round will have the following two phases, which should take about a week each:
- Once signups for a round have begin, you have one week to sign up in this topic and PM your chosen song to the person hosting the round. Note that this can be any song that you want, and does not need to be a song that you created yourself.
- Include a link to the song in your PM (YouTube is preferred, though Bandcamp, SoundCloud, and similar platforms are also acceptable.)
- If the person hosting the round wishes to do so, they may specify a specific theme for the round (which should be announced in this topic at the beginning of the signup period), in which case all submitted songs should be somehow connected to that theme.
- Please don't submit a song longer than 10 minutes in length. Doing so will incur a 1 point penalty, plus 1 more point for every full 15 seconds by which it goes over 10 minutes (so a song that clocks in at 10:37 will incur a 3 point penalty for length.)
- Yes, the person hosting the round is permitted to submit a song as well if they wish to do so.
- A minimum of 4-5 total entries is required, though 11 or more entries is preferable.
- Once the time allocated for signing up and submitting entries has elapsed, the host will post in this topic a randomly-ordered list of all the songs that were submitted, at which point the voting phase begins. (Note that they should not reveal who submitted which song until the voting phase is over.)
- Once the voting phase begins, you have 1 week to submit your votes for the round. Any user who submitted a song must participate in the voting phase, or their song will be disqualified.
- Your vote should consist of a ranking of you believe are the top 10 entries, not counting your own. (Or the top N-1 entries, where N is the number of entries, if there are fewer than 11 entries.) All votes must be PMed to the person hosting the round.
- If there are 11 or more entries, each first place vote is worth 12 points, each second place vote is worth 10, each 3rd place vote is worth 8, each 4th place vote is worth 7, each 5th place vote is worth 6, each 6th place vote is worth 5, each 7rd place vote is worth 4, each 8th place vote is worth 3, each 9th place vote is worth 2, and each 10th place vote is worth 1. If there are fewer than 11 entries, reduce the point values acccordingly; for example, if there are only 5 entries, 1st place votes are worth 4, 2nd place votes are worth 3, 3rd place votes are worth 2, and 4th place votes are worth 1.
- Non-participating users are still permitted to vote if they wish to do so, though their votes only count for half points.
- You may change your votes at any time before the end of the voting period by simply submitting your new votes.
- If there is a particularly large number of entries - more than about 20 - the entries may be divided into multiple rounds of voting at the discretion of the host.
- The song with the highest point total wins. The person who submitted the winning song gets first dibs to run the next round if they wish to do so; if they do not wish to do so, it gets passed on to the second place winner and so on down the line.