"The Throne STORY"

For all your silly time-killing forum games.

Moderators: jestingrabbit, Moderators General, Prelates

Nexus_1101

"The Throne STORY"

Postby Nexus_1101 » Thu Nov 08, 2007 12:56 pm UTC

Well i have to credit this idea to MOO,

The throne story.

Rules
1) All must be told as a story:
not alowed: 'i walke over'
alowed: NeXuS said "i stole the throne"
2) this story is linier to the The throne game thred, what happens there happen here an vis versa.
try to keep it going.
viewtopic.php?f=14&t=14099&st=0&sk=t&sd=a&start=160
3) the throne is the main char, if you want it can think ant narrate the story.

oh, and use commen sence whatever that is...

well this is the story of a new throne, the story starts thusly:
After 253 years and 2 months and 24 days and 3 hous and 3 seconds, the worlds most complicated puzzle is compleated, from the smoldering ruins of the old throne a new one is born (with a cuple of patches here an ther and a pine air fresoner) now looking regal and reborn the throne towers above all other chairs truly this is the one chair the chair to rule all chairs, it almost glows wit chairiness, and a faint angelic sound can be heard from the chair.

as NeXuS stears at the thron in all its glory he mutters
"it is so beautiful, i must destroy it... i... i... maby just one sit as i did spend all this time building it."
slowy walking towards it he turns an sits, screaming to the hevans he says
"THE POWER, Bring it on!!!, No one will move me!"

only shortly after saying this moo aproches
"I kill you and get the throne"

NeXuS Flees in fear of Moo who know if he shall return...
Last edited by Nexus_1101 on Wed Jan 30, 2008 6:00 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.
HOSTING -> Heroquest
:idea: CHAOS BONUS :idea:

Code: Select all

IF (NOTFORUMGAME()) {
    postcount.add(1);
}

Nyarlathotep
Not a god. Not even a titan.

Re: "the throne STORY"

Postby Nyarlathotep » Thu Nov 08, 2007 2:36 pm UTC

Nyarlathotep, the Crawling Chaos, the Black Pharaoh, the Faceless God, servant of Azathoth, etc, etc, etc, arrives.

He neither knows, nor cares who is on the throne. It is the will of Azathoth that the Throne be taken, thereby, the throne shall be taken.

He gazes upon the occupant with the eyes of true, absolute madness, and the occupant does, in fact, go mad, and fall from his most haughty perch.

Thereby does Nyarlathotep take the throne.
'Gehȳrst þū, sǣlida, hwæt þis folc segeð?
hī willað ēow tō gafole gāras syllan,
ǣttrynne ord and ealde swurd,
þā heregeatu þe ēow æt hilde ne dēah.

Chaos9

Postby Chaos9 » Thu Nov 08, 2007 3:06 pm UTC

"WHAT!" Chaos9 screamed, "What is this you tell me! There is a NEW throne!"

"Y-yes master!" His frightined servant stuttered, cowering against the wall

"This had better not be like the NaI throne..."

"No your majesty! This throne, which is housed in the rebuilt Castle of Enorht, is the genuine throne; it was forged from the gold of the old throne, the one you took with the dark messiah!"

"Yes...I'll make sure that does not happen again...thank you for reminding me about that incedent. I will take this throne and become...a good king..." He touched the golden gear that he wore on a silver chain around his neck. "Yes! I will be like Matthias once was! I will rule over the world with a gentle hand...but first we must get rid of that Nyarlathotep. Gather my troops...tomorow we attack Enorht!"

The servant left, and Chaos9 retired to his bed.
I intend to keep my post count at 42 for the rest of my life.

Moo
Oh man! I'm going to be so rebellious! I'm gonna...

Postby Moo » Thu Nov 08, 2007 3:16 pm UTC

*applauds C9 for linking in the old story*
Proverbs 9:7-8 wrote:Anyone who rebukes a mocker will get an insult in return. Anyone who corrects the wicked will get hurt. So don't bother correcting mockers; they will only hate you.
Hawknc wrote:FFT: I didn't realise Proverbs 9:7-8 was the first recorded instance of "haters gonna hate"

Nexus_1101

Postby Nexus_1101 » Thu Nov 08, 2007 4:15 pm UTC

After gatherin up all his strength and corage NeXuS manages to turn, travling over lands high and deserts unforgiving he reahes the land of the kings,
Enorht, i shall rule you once more.
after travling past the lands of old, NeXuS arrives trimpunatly at the Castle, i shall rid this land of it king an shall rule in his abscence.
Nexus chin up striding proudly to the throne room he finds the room empty.
"what is going on here" he bellows
a small skinny sevent scuters towards him "master you have returnd. the king has fled a great army is on its way to eradicate the king"
"this shall not stand" NeXuS says "i shall face this army and defend the lands, Gather the pesents, go out and get the help of a man named robin hood, you cant miss him he wears tights"
with that the servent scampers off
NeXuS sit once more on the throne
"let them try, i shall not be defeated"
HOSTING -> Heroquest

IF (NOTFORUMGAME()) {
    postcount.add(1);
}

grythyttan
Location: Hncwhxagykozzqlif azefkbtvw. Kjkd sb, ypwyw eg tdpm.

Postby grythyttan » Thu Nov 08, 2007 6:56 pm UTC

((not really a part of the story, but the grammar nazis will destroy you Nexus. I mean come on, it's not that difficult to correct the spelling before you post.))
Joy of Cooking was far less of an achievement than Thyme Cube discovery, for I have Cubed the Spice, with 4 simultaneous flavor types in 1 plant of Earth.
Spoiler:

Nexus_1101

Postby Nexus_1101 » Fri Nov 09, 2007 12:18 am UTC

((They can try!))
HOSTING -> Heroquest

IF (NOTFORUMGAME()) {
    postcount.add(1);
}

DrStalker

Postby DrStalker » Fri Nov 09, 2007 12:30 am UTC

His eyes narrowed as he stared at grythyttan. The corner of his mouth twitched, perhaps what passed for a smile on his stern features.

"You appear to misunderstand, my friend. The Grammer Nazi's care not for spelling. It's the Spelling Schutzstaffel that will chase down those who do not spellcheck. It is their duty to ensure each word is valid, so we can concern ourselves with more important matters."

He gaze moves past grythyttan to rest on Nexus.

"More important matters such as grammatical syntax... and that throne!"

With a deafening roar the east wall collapses, dust billowing up in thick choking clouds. Figures can be glimpsed faintly through the cloud, their heads distorted by the bulbous gasmasks they wear. Taking advantage of the confusion they roughly throw Nexus to the ground, four of them lifting the throne and running back out the hole they created.

The stern looking man smiled, brushing dust off his long black coast as he followed them out. He paused, looking back over his shoulder. "Forgot about the throne. Go back to your former lives. Continuing on this path will only bring you pain."

((The grammer Nazi's cannot be stopped by double brackets! ))
There are two types of people in the world: 1) those that can extrapolate from incomplete data.

Matthias

Postby Matthias » Fri Nov 09, 2007 5:11 am UTC

Howler's lips peeled back into a fierce snarl as the scrying mirror broke, its magic expended. After the explosion that had obliterated the castle, and scorched the lands far and wide around it, he had made his way to one of their older camps. There a small cache of supplies had been buried, including the one-shot mirror. His lord was dead, he knew that, and Matthias had bade him and his men not to seek revenge for him. As the last order of his liege, he could not ignore that--but the lives that had been lost in the name of the throne, the so-called 'collateral damage' of this damned war; they would be answered for. They would be avenged. And so he had asked the mirror for a vision of the one who had caused the Blastfall. And the vision had shown him...

A fearsome man in a dark cloak--tyrants, Howler thought dismissively, they all where those damned dark cloaks--was speaking to one of his underlings, and he noticed with rage that the man was wearing one of the King's gears around his neck. He caught the tail end of a conversation between the two.
"Yes! I will be like Matthias once was! I will rule over the world with a gentle hand...but first we must get rid of that Nyarlathotep. Gather my troops...tomorow we attack Enorht!"

The vision faded, and Howler's eyes clouded over as the rage within him reached a boiling point. A gentle hand? A gentle hand?! This from the man whose hubris had slain thousands, if not millions? This from the man who had scorched the earth barren for the right to a damned chair? This from the man who had obliterated his lord's body, forever removing him from this world? And he had the nerve--the gods-damned audacity--to wear one of the Robot Lord's gears around his neck like some kind of perverse prize, and claim to be anything like him?

How dare he.

How dare he!

Howler flung the mirror to the earth, seven years of bad luck be damned, and let loose a bellow of rage to the moon above. A lone crow--that hardiest of survivors--flew away into the night sky, cawing its indecipherable emotions. For minutes on end the werewolf howled, a song of mourning and an oath of revenge combined in a way no human could ever duplicate. When the howl was over, he let his head down once more, and spoke in eyes shut to his departed king.

By my blood, and the blood of my fathers, I swear that I shall not find rest until I have torn the gear of my king from his destroyer's cold, dead fingers.

Clenching one fist, he opened his eyes and looked to the horizon. Enorht, the kingdom in the west... There is where he would find his enemy, and there is where he would have his revenge. Possessed of purpose, now, Howler began to walk, a single goal burning in his mind.

In the name of the gods, that self-righteous destroyer would pay.
Love may be blind, but lust has x-ray vision.
Avatar shamelessly plucked from PMOG.

Also, it turns out I'm not dead--I'm just a right bastard who disappears from the internet for months at a time every so often.

Maseiken
The Candylawyer

Postby Maseiken » Fri Nov 09, 2007 5:19 am UTC

((This sucks, I was literally IN THE THRONE ROOM, with the ULTIMATE SWORD OF KICKING ASS, and suddenly you guys decide, No, we don't like that story anymore, let's just screw everything over! NOW what the hell do I do?! Also NeXuS, PLEASE try to spell-check before posting, it would mean so much to me...))
Last edited by Maseiken on Fri Nov 09, 2007 11:15 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.
"GRRRRRRRRRROOOOOOOOWR!!!!"
(Translation: "Objection!")

Maseiken had the ball at the top of the key...

Matthias

Postby Matthias » Fri Nov 09, 2007 6:55 am UTC

((Um... parallel universe? Alternate timeline? Honestly, I don't know what the hell's going on anymore either, I'm just going with the flow because it gives me an excuse to flex my roleplaying muscles some more.))

Also, it turns out I'm not dead--I'm just a right bastard who disappears from the internet for months at a time every so often.

OfficiallyHaphazard
Age=postcount/60

Postby OfficiallyHaphazard » Fri Nov 09, 2007 7:13 am UTC

OfficiallyHaphazard woke up.
CRAP.
He wasn't sitting on some majestic throne. There was no awe inspiring scene for him to wake up to. No, a pellet mat, thick with the smell of mutton and flea corpses was all that OfficiallyHaphazard had. The poorest of the poor, the weakest of the weak, OfficiallyHaphazard had not even a bar of soap to his name.
He did however, have his intelligence.

And, as he pulled out his hands from under his head, he realized he was grasping something else. A gold gear.

Peculiar.

Slipping the gear into his pocket, OfficiallyHaphazard rolled up his mat and started to walk north.
Something, he knew would be different about today.
"Who are you, how did you get in my house?" - Donald Knuth

SoapyHobo
Soap. It's, uhh, not actually that good

Postby SoapyHobo » Fri Nov 09, 2007 9:43 am UTC

As the Soapy Hobo left the castle he looked up towards the sky, wondering where this Chaos could be.
This was quite lucky, as otherwise he wouldn't have had time for a last thought as the bomb dropped from the heavens.

<Next time I'm getting a better seer>
Jack Saladin wrote:Goddamn that's an awesome ****, Soapy. Once they get around to making artificial **** and I replace my crappy original ones, I'm gonna make mine look like that.

Moo

Postby Moo » Fri Nov 09, 2007 10:09 am UTC

((lol @ SH))

Her cape bellowed behind her in the fierce, howling wind as Moo Jnr continued on the dark road. Behind her was the warm glow of fire, the sound of merriment, the promise of food. These comforts barely registered on the edge of her consciousness these days - her mind was set on one thing and one thing only.

The hardest part had been leaving the children. She knew that her uncle would care for them as if they were his own; she also knew that he understood what drove her to depart despite the bitter cries and pleas of the young ones. They had already suffered so much from the loss of their mother but one day they would understand. She was doing this for them.

For weeks now she had lingered, and listened, and cajoled, and bribed; gathering names while trying to remain unnamed herself. Many of these names would be wrong, or oblivious to her quest, or even dead. But somewhere there was someone still loyal to Matthias; someone who could oppose the new leader; someone who would help her bring back the peace the land had known so briefly. This one thought was what kept her going. This, and the memory of her mother.

Pushing on through the deserted countryside, she felt safe wrapped in the protective cloak of the night. She did not fear darkness anymore; after the Blastfall there had been nothing but darkness for so long. The darkness was her only cohort, the only thing she trusted. The sort of tasks she undertook were the sort of tasks one undertook in darkness. She had no use for light or day or open skies. She had a job to do.
Proverbs 9:7-8 wrote:Anyone who rebukes a mocker will get an insult in return. Anyone who corrects the wicked will get hurt. So don't bother correcting mockers; they will only hate you.
Hawknc wrote:FFT: I didn't realise Proverbs 9:7-8 was the first recorded instance of "haters gonna hate"

Nexus_1101

Postby Nexus_1101 » Fri Nov 09, 2007 11:43 am UTC

NeXuS Stands following the chaos of the Throne Room,
This shall not be the end,
Defiantly he walks to his armoury, opening the locked armour case it reveals a suit of gleaming armour glowing in bright silver, with gold inlay and sword by its side, NeXuS draws the sword and gives it a practice swing, it makes a shimmering sound as it cuts through the air, the edge of the blade faintly glowing blue, he returns the sword to its sheath and suits up, ties the sword at his waist and walks to the stable to find his noble steed.
Once mounted up with all the previsions he shall need he takes off into the sun set, after the man sinister in the cloak.
After many days of tracking and following false turns and an attempt to loose him by hiding there tracks in a river he comes the tyrant’s domain, stering in to the dark land NeXuS can almost hear the throne calling him. “I should never have recreated such an Evil.” After fighting the dread invading his very soul he Fights forward into the dark Domain.
HOSTING -> Heroquest

IF (NOTFORUMGAME()) {
    postcount.add(1);
}

grythyttan

Postby grythyttan » Fri Nov 09, 2007 2:11 pm UTC

He had reached the place where the throne had once stood only to find it gone. It had not been blown to pieces, just… vanished. Despair had filled Grythyttan because he felt that the throne was still in this world, but he could not find its location.

For days traced every strand of the thrones scent that he could find but they all ended a few meters away from the place where the wall of the castle had stood. He had slept for a few hours when something woke him up on the fifth day of his search.

That sensation! It could only be the throne. It was far away, but Grythyttan was fast. He had to stop this madness before the throne devoured yet another kingdom.

Weary from the journey, he had stepped into the throne room and seen this self-proclaimed “king”. The person on the throne had spoken, but the very syntax of his speech had been breaking down. If also this is the throne’s doing, it is more powerful than I thought, Grythyttan had thought to himself.

Just as Grythyttan was about to explain to this person how the throne must be prevented from doing more harm, someone else entered the scene. After a short speech, he gave a command and one of the walls collapsed. Disoriented, and tired from the long journey, Grythyttan had no chance to stop the masked men who entered through the hole in the wall from stealing the throne. His words regarding the fate of another kingdom remained unheard.

Once again, Grythyttan began the chase.
Joy of Cooking was far less of an achievement than Thyme Cube discovery, for I have Cubed the Spice, with 4 simultaneous flavor types in 1 plant of Earth.
Spoiler:

Chaos9

Postby Chaos9 » Sat Nov 10, 2007 12:05 am UTC

((This is about 3 times more complex than the last story (A good thing). Lets see if I can get this straght...

Nyarlathotep: Off somewhere, hiding.
Me: About to set off to find the throne.
DrStalker: Unknown location, has the throne.
Matthias/Howler: Out to get me.
OfficiallyHaphazzard: Unknown location, Has a gear identical to mine.
SoapyHobo: Dead.
Moo: Creating "the good side".
Nexus: Looking for throne.
Grythyttn: Looking for throne.

And for anyone who is confused, This is happening some 200 years after the first throne game. Well, now for my contribution!))

It was almost time...Chaos9 looked out the window. Below him, on the ground several thousand soldgers prepared for the long walk to Enorht. For all of his life, he had been a great evil..."Will I be a good king?" He thought to himself.

"Sir!" Chaos9's most trusted servant, Rodan, walked into his livingquarters. "The troops are in place!"

"Rodan," Chaos9 muttered, his eyes showing a mind a thousand miles away. "Do you think that I would make a good king?"

"Sir, I don't think this is a fruitful discussion," the man replied.

"Indulge me, Rodan," Chaos9 insisted. "I'm having doubts, and I trust your judgment."

Rodan sighed and crossed his arms in annoyance. "And that is precisely why you would make a good king. You listen to others."

"And if I listen to the wrong others?" Chaos9 asked.

"Then the right ones will perform the work your men are prepared to do right now," Rodan answered.

Chaos9 smiled ruefully. Couldn't argue with logic like that, now could he? He touched Matthias's gear. "Give the order. We are ready"

"Yes sir!" Rodan walked out.

Chaos9 could not help thinking of that brave robot, how he ruled the land peacefully and was killed by none other than a Hobo. That hobo...how dare that Hobo slay the most worderful king in 1000 years!

How dare he!

How dare he!

Chaos9 walked down to the grounds. He would take the throne, and rule over the land as Matthias had once done.

((Apologys to Matthias for copying some of his best posts))

Maseiken
The Candylawyer

Postby Maseiken » Sat Nov 10, 2007 2:24 am UTC

((For some reason my characters are always medieval, deal with it.))
Young Masa pored over the History book, The order of the Heavenly sword was small, but growing all the time, and they were amassing quite a large Library, he was almost up to the end of the book, which disappointed him, he clowed it, keeping his finger as a marker on the page and looked at the title,
"The Tales of Maseiken, The Hero.
Scribed by Peter Falwell"

He sighed, and turned back to the second to last Page,
"The men were tired, and so was Maseiken, he had been Battering on the Gates for hours, but he had finally succumbed to exhasution. He sat himself down, and, after a time, saw me, as if he had only just noticed me, although I had been watching the whole time, waiting for the order to attack. After a time, he spoke,
"What is your name lad?"
I answered him, nervous, he had befriended few people, and oly knew the names of a few of his men, most of them he hadn't even seen, joining us on the long march to the city. But for now he seemed to take an intense interest in me, I need not say that it was quite unnerving, although I still think about those short moments to this day, how his eyes had set themselves sharply upon me, as if I represented what he fought for. He nodded slowly, and spoke again,
"Go home lad, we cannot fight Death"
I could tell that he did not believe his own words, he was tired, and disheartened, for we had been fighting for a long time, I asked him the meaning of his words, but he would not explain them, perhaps he Could not, I have never claimed knowledge of his thoughts,
"Yes, go out and tell the men, tell them... tell them whatever it takes to make them leave, tell them I killed a man, I betrayed them, anything, just get them out of here..."
I could not believe what I was hearing, I wanted to ask him what he intended, how he could hope to survive on his own, but then I understood, he did not intend to survive, his intentionwas to sacrifice himself... for us!
Masa turned the page,
I claimed that I would do as he said, but i could not, I told the men that he had a cunning plan and that they should hide, and wait for his signal, I don't know why. But I watched him for the next few days, I cannot imagine how he did not see me, but I remained unseen as he sharpened his sword. How He sharpened that sword! Until the very light of Morningsplit at its edge! The air crackled at its passing! Eventually, when the men could almost wait no longer, he made his way to the palace wall... and Sliced right through! I ran to fetch the men, and we followed the path he had left, raising our battle cry!
"FOR THE PEOPLE!"
Finally, after passing so many people loyal to the old ways, I did not kill them, I assume the men did, as they spread through the palace , but I had no-where to go but to my master, no matter what he said, I would follow him to the ends of the earth! Finally, we reached the Throne room, by now It was just me and the highest Liutenants, we piled into the room, and there he was, hefting that sword! What a sword it was! What a sight he was! Pacing ever so slowly towards that cursed throne! His sword leveled at it! as if he could not wait for its destruction! He drew ever closer, and then, when he was almost upon it... gone. the sword too, suddenly, our hopes out dreams, everything we had fought for: Gone. The Throne with him, I helped dismiss the men, no-one was sure what would happen, but I swore, that this would not be the end, I would carry on i his name, bring more people to the cause, And so, I wrote these books, that tell the tale of Maseiken, from his Mysterious appearance, right up to the end! One day, we shall find him, and the sword too... And we shall bring the people their Leader, whether he wishes it so or not.
Masa Closed the book, Peter had lived well beyond what he had the right to expect, though he was a cripple now, he could never budge from his bed, but still he watched every morning as masa and the other Youths trained, Still opened every meal with a short pRayer to whatever god would listen, begging for Maseiken's return, he cried every time, you could tell, although his eyes were closed, And he still watched, even now as Masa placed the book reverentiall back on the Shelf. He smiled,
"Ah Masa, I'm afraid my time is coming to an end, It is yound lads like you that must continue the search." masa opened his mouth to argue, he wanted to be a Chapter librarian, but Peter waved him into Silence,
"Even the lowest cleaning duties are secondary to finding our Master, when the time comes, the Whole Order shall be mobilised, ready for his orders... A man interrupted them, masa recognised him as Hoéc, a Messenger loyal to their cause,
"Sir, I'm afraid there's bad news."
Peter's expression didn't chnage, it almost never did,
"Well go on, sir, it will not get better for the waiting."
Hoéc glaced nervously at Masa, then sighed,
"There's a new Throne sir, the one known as Nexus managed to construct a new Throne."
Peter's Omnipresent Smile fell, it was the first time Masa had seen him upset,
Peter sighed, and nodded slowly,
"Perhaps it is time your training went to use, Masa..."
Masa nodded, he was 16, there was no question that he was ready, he had been trained to fight for the order since he was tiny, every member was a killing machine in their own right, they merely prayed that it would not be necessary.
"We shall have to do something about this I'm afraid, he nodded to Hoéc, who bowed low and left the room."
"The Order shall have to go to war it seems..."
Peter shifted himself up an his features hardened,
"But when we go to war, we do it silently, and no-one is ever sure if we were the victor, our objectives being known only to ourselves."
Masa nodded in what he hoped a military fashion, and eased himself into a fighting stance, as if their enemies were present at that very moment.

clockworkmonk
I'm on a horse!

Postby clockworkmonk » Sat Nov 10, 2007 3:57 am UTC

Clockworkmonk diligently preforms his duties. Its not a new one, it has been preformed for generations. Quite simply, it is to keep track of the succession. Someone has to keep those in power informed on who is the dictator of the week.

He does this from a safe enough location.

Namely, that of a cook. He's good enough and and unobtrusive, so he manages to always be near the throne.

He is beginning to see the appeal in such a game. Not enough to partake himself, but perhaps to eventually assist in someone making a play. Right now he is working out how to do such a thing without putting himself or his position at risk.

Until such an opportunity presents itself, he will continue cooking. He almost enjoys it as much as the constant show of the throne. Almost.
418 I'm a teapot

Moo

Postby Moo » Sat Nov 10, 2007 1:31 pm UTC

*applauds clockworkmonk*

Nexus_1101

Postby Nexus_1101 » Sat Nov 10, 2007 2:05 pm UTC

chaos9: Looking for throne.
Nexus: Looking for throne.
Maseiken: prepering for a silent war.
clockworkmonk: the cook.

((now to continue my story))

After riding through some of the most deadly, dark land imaginable, following the trail of the throne, NeXuS arrives at the Dark castle of DrStalker, The sinister tyrant in the Robe.
"at long last i shall retake the throne" NeXuS mutters to himself "these days shall end soon"
He turns hes horse and clicks his tounge, and the horse sets off towards the castle. Riding fast he arrives at the gates of the caste.
"The gates are open" He exclames.
dismounting his horse NeXuS continues towards the castle, he takes the horses rains and places a large rock attop them to stop the hores running away.
as he walks towards the gate NeXuS can hear voices around him, quickly spinning around he sees nothing. his body starts to creep, and his mind lurches forward.
Drawing his sword he continues into the castle grounds only to find it deserted.
looking up at the castle he sees a light on in the far easten tower or the castles center Building.
NeXuS enters the gigantic entrance hall light by thousends of candles on shandlears and wall mounts.
walking forward the floor undrneath NeXuS's foot clicks, a bolt flys from a wall nearby striking him in the chest, he is nocked to the floor, and sets off more traps, Bolts start to fly all over the room sailing just over his head.
looking down at his chest plate he notices the bolt sticking out, he pulls it free, from the small hole in his armour.
"That was close" He grunts.
looking foward and back realising the stairs are closer than the door.
He sprints as fast as his legs can push him in his heavy plate armour. As he runs all hell breaks loose, bolts start flying towards him, the air becomes thick with flying wood and steal.
NeXuS gets caught in the sholder and it sends him flying to the floor he fights to his feet and sets for the stairs again, the armour is slowing him down to much and he gets hit twice in the leg, and he is once agin sent stumbling to the floor only to recover in time only to see a bolt pass close by his head. finely making it to the stairs a little worse for wears, and a few more dents in the armour , he stops to breath.
"so thats how he wants to play it" he breaths brethlessly
NeXus continues up the stairs navigating through the castle he finds the Room that he saw from the entrance gate.

The Throne.

It sits magesticly at the far end of the long room.
NeXuS makes his way accross the room alert for more traps, nothing happens.

Approching the throne he resistes an overpowering urge to sit in the chair and once again rule the kingdom.
He raises his sword to destroy the Throne. Raising it above his head, he pauses, holds the sword tight in both hands, tences his mucles and brings the sword down in a long hard swing.

CLASH!

The sword hits the throne and the sword shatters and spreads peices all accross the room. All the throne has suffered is a small scuffing.

From behind him he hears "What it did not work?"

NeXuS Spins round to see a robed figure standin at the entrace to the room, NeXuS is now defenceless.
"What have you done to it" NeXus Asks
The robed figure moves forward in to the room "it shall not be destroyed by any mortal weapon" The Robed man stops at the center of the room "I shall not let it be destroyed, it is MINE!"

all NeXuS has left is Brute strength. "You shall not stop me. I created it I shall Destroy it. None shall have it."

The robed figure smiles, "what are you going to do?"
Nexus runs towards the man "I shall stop you!"

Lifting his fist to attack he gets closer to DrStalker. he puts all his might and anger into his mind and thrusts forward his fits and an almighty speed, eyes glowing red he hits.

NeXuS's horse waits outside, looking up at the castle where his master walked to, then all of a sudden a great flash of light fills the entier castle, shining out of all the windows, and quickly fades away as fast as it had appeared.

The castle falls quiet, not a sound can be heard. only the gostly wispers surrounding the castle remain.
HOSTING -> Heroquest

IF (NOTFORUMGAME()) {
    postcount.add(1);
}

Moo

Postby Moo » Sat Nov 10, 2007 5:19 pm UTC

(Seriously, the horrific spelling, grammar and punctuation mistakes ruin the flow of the narrative and you lose half the effectiveness of your words as one tries to concentrate on what you were trying to say. It's really not that hard).

Chaos9

Postby Chaos9 » Sat Nov 10, 2007 9:02 pm UTC

Me: At the castle.
Nexus: In DrStalkers lair. Unknown allignment. Unknown actions.
Maseiken/The order: Attempting to destroy the throne under cover.
Clockworkmonk: At this moment, a neutral pawn.
Rodan: My servant.

((Several suggestions" (Don't think I'm trying to controll you all, You don't have to listen if you don't want to)
Pehaps a few of the players could start an alliance? Examples: Moo + Maseiken, Moo + Me, Grythyttn + Nexus, Clockworkmonk + Any one, you get the picture. Later, neer the end, we could have some of the alliances betray each other! It would be fun! :) ))

It was half past six. Termine, humble keeper of the castle, stood outside, watching. He was known for his eyesight, in fact, in his youth he was the most renowned archer in all of Enorht...but even his sharp eyes didn't spot the boy untill he was several feet in front of him. The boy looked about twelve years old*, but his aura seemed much, much older than Termine himself. Darkness radiated from the boy, but at his core, Termine thought he saw some sort of light. The boy aproached him, and spoke.

"Greetings. I am...well let's just say I've been here before. I would like to know where the throne has been taken. Yes, as soon as I set foot in this vally I knew It had been moved. You should know. Termine DeThakurasy."

"How...How do you know my name, young one?"

"You are wise. Do not try to hide your knowledge of my age. I can tell who you are by your face: You are Termine DeThakuray, great grandson of my friend, Peter DeThakurasy."

"...Who are you?"

"Answer my question first: Where is the throne?!"

"I would tell you if I knew, O honerable one. But I am afraid that I do not. The only thing I know is that the possesor is one by the name of DrStalker. Forgive me for my incompetence."

"Thank you for being truthfull. I have no other use for you, wich means tou must be disposed...However, I will give you one last request."

"My request is for you to tell me who you are."

"...You certainly are wise. I am Chaos9, Activator of the BlastFall."

The dead body of Termine DeThakurasy would have a look of fear upon its face for the rest of eternity...

"Let's go, Rodan. Set course for DrStalkers palace."

*12 is not my real age.

SoapyHobo
Soap. It's, uhh, not actually that good

Postby SoapyHobo » Sat Nov 10, 2007 9:11 pm UTC

Not long after his death the notices were sent out, and even sooner after that the votes had been returned, now all that remained was the event.
Unnoticed figures shuffled through the hidden alleyways of the town, all moving swiftly and silently towards the same location. The meeting place was hidden away in the parts of the city that better citizens had no need to visit, no prying eyes to see the gathering of these men.

Once they were all settled the Speaker began;
"Our brave and noble leader has been slain. It seemed he paid a deadly price for his foolishness in attempting to seize control of the throne from the popular Matthias. Few citizens even knew about their new king, so swift and perfectly carried out was the assasination. We are here today to hand over our leadership to his successor and to present the items of his rule."

The new soapy one stepped forward from the others and made his way towards the front, his face expressed the sadness of them all yet what his true feelings were none could tell. Only a short time had he been on the streets yet he knew of secret ways that even those who had been there longest hadn't heard of.

The Speaker moved to a small alcove in the corner of the square, pulled aside the rusted iron grating covering the hole, reached into the darkness and retrieved a battered cardboard box. As the elected leader slowly made his way to the front of the crowd the box was opened, the slippery bars inside taken carefully out and handed to him. After the vows to protect and serve the people were taken the Soapy Hobo spoke;

"Go, my people, bring news to me of the one who did this, he will be found and justice will be served."

The ceremony over, the hobos made their ways back to wherever they came from, feeling safe now they had someone to guide them once more, and in the centre of the square the Soapy Hobo stood, wondering what path he should take.

Maseiken
The Candylawyer

Postby Maseiken » Sun Nov 11, 2007 3:54 am UTC

Masa was a little disappointed.. For all Master Falwell's words of valor, and courage, and duty. Very little actual violence had actually happened so far, had you walked into the monastery, nohing would sem very different, except that you never saw Master Falwell anywhere anymore. He spent all his time in his chambers, constantly sending and receiving messages all over the place. He was sending a message to the Hobos as Masa entered, entreating them for a short alliance in the name of Peace, Masa looked it over and bowed,
"I ws unaware that a new SoapyHobo had been elected..."
All initiates in the order, as well as being given combat training knew an extensive amount on the status of world and faction politics, Masa had excelled in that area, he always seemed to know how peope as a collective would act. Peter watched him growing and felt that he looked more like Maseiken every day,
"It would seem so, young Masa. We can only hope that he will see the Throne as we do, a threat to be extinguished, although, I have thought in the past few days that it may be a boon to our efforts towards finding Maseiken..."
He shook his head,
"Think nothing of it..."
Masa stood silent for awhile, enjoying his Master's presence, then spoke,
"So... er, When ARE we marching to war sir?"
Peter looked suprised,
"My dear boy! We already are! Half our operatives are out on assignments right now! Did you not notice their absence?"
Masa shrugged guiltily, he had noticed little as of late, being too excited about the coming war, although he knew that the opposite should be the case.
Peter sighed and patted his shoulder,
"When the time comes, we shall be ready, but you must understand that most of war is just this! Making SURE that you are ready! We know almost nothing about the factions after the Throne, Or indeed, if it is even the Same Throne!"
Masa looked up,
"Do you think it might be?"
"Oh I doubt it, but still..."
He let the phrase hang in the air, with all that it entailed, if the Throne had returned, then perhaps Maseiken...?
"Again, think nothing of it, we must not allow ouselves to be bouyed by false hope..."
But Masa still left the room a little more hopeful than when he had entered.

Chaos9

Postby Chaos9 » Mon Nov 12, 2007 12:28 am UTC

"So THIS is the castle of DrStalker!" Chaos9 said, listening to the ominous whispering sounds that surrounded the black castle. "I have to say that I am dissipointed, when I was an evil tyrant I could have done much better!" Chaos9 vanished and then reappeared stading on the roof of the tallest tower. He broke open the window and entered DrStalker's throne room. DrStalker lay dead on the floor and a strange man was neeling next to the throne hitting it with his fists. Suddenly the man turned.

"Who are you?"

"I am Chaos9, activator of the-"

"Chaos9?!? You won't take this throne, you...you evil doombringer!"

The man's eyes flashed red. He lunged at Chaos9, only to be flung away by some invisible force. The man landed sprawling against the wall.

"Doombringer...how trite. I'm afraid you cannot hurt me untill we fight in a proper duel. For now, we will talk. You will answer me, or die. Now, who are you?"

"I am Nexus, creator of the new throne."

"I owe you my thanks. What are you doing here?"

"I...I will destroy the throne! I don't care what you say, I will destroy the throne!"

"An interesting phrase. I have heard it before. Does the name Maseiken bring any memories to your small brain?"

"No...wait...yes! I remember a golden gear!"

"Does it look anything like this?"

"...Exactly like it!"

"Hmmmm...you will become my servant, or die."

"I'd rather die than start another BlastFall!"

"Stop fretting! I have changed!" But before he could even finish speaking, Nexus had killed himself. Chaos9 kneeled there for some time. It could have been seconds, minutes, hours, DAYS. Tears came to his eyes.

"...no..."

He took the throne down to the grounds of the castle, where his army still stood.

"Rodan! I am taking the throne to my castle! I need you to do four things for me. First, gather information on the different factions out to get the throne. I could use some allys, and I should know my enemys. Second, make sure the people of this land know that I am thier ruler. Third, Bring me a book of Matthias's wonderful deeds. With that information I will be able to turn from a tyrant to a great king. Lastly...find somthing that can revive people from the dead...whether it me mechanical...or magical...

Matthias

Postby Matthias » Mon Nov 12, 2007 12:40 am UTC

Chaos9 wrote:"Stop fretting! I have changed!" But before he could even finish speaking, Nexus had killed himself.

((You'd best pray you contacted him before you did that. Killing off other characters is bad enough; you want to make somebody commit suicide?

*shakes head*

Like I said, you'd better have asked him first, or believe me you are in for a world of hurt.))

Maseiken
The Candylawyer

Postby Maseiken » Mon Nov 12, 2007 1:00 am UTC

((I'm also curious as to what you have planned for Maseiken, evidently his fate is tied to that of the Throne, but in what way is still a mystery to me...))

grythyttan

Postby grythyttan » Mon Nov 12, 2007 7:09 am UTC

He had felt the shadow of the castle for days, but it had seemingly rushed towards him these last few hours. a group of people were carrying the throne out of the castle, it had to be the throne, at this distance he knew excactly where it was.

One of them, presumably their leader, he recognized. That smell had been present in the old land, it was without doubt one of the people he needed to stop.

He filled his lungs and and bellowed: "STOP!!! DON'T YOU DARE TAKE ANOTHER STEP WITH THAT THRONE!" As this got their attention, he proceeded in a calmer voice.

"You were in the old land, you should know better that to take possession of this throne. If you somehow forgot, the castle was obliterated by a huge explosion and much of the surrounding land was scorched. Thousands were killed. And thousands more in the battle for the throne, before the bomb."

He stretched out his one arm and with this, his scorched skin and his unseeing eyes he was showing them proof of that insanity: "Look at me. This is the result of the war over this throne. The bomb damaged me this much, yet I can't die."

"No matter how good a king you think you will be, it will end in this. Perhaps you remember Matthias?
He was the greatest leader the country ever saw, and yet it ended in this."

In a tired voice he concluded the speech that had waited to come out for so long. "I will not try to kill you, I know that it's fruitless. Instead I beg you to leave the throne here in this dark castle and seal of the entrance for all time. Please don't repeat this cycle of madness."
Spoiler:

OfficiallyHaphazard
Age=postcount/60

Postby OfficiallyHaphazard » Mon Nov 12, 2007 8:08 am UTC

((wtf?? I have the golden gear. I picked it up out of the dead body of Matthais, before I fell asleep on the throne. Now I am just a hobo, wandering the streets, with nothing but a gear to my name))

OfficiallyHaphazard had been at the meeting.
He had met the new SoapyHobo.
And he approved.

He had slept on the same corner as the new Soapy a few times, and had always noticed his benevolent and dignified manner. OfficiallyHaphazard knew that his only chance to advance out of these muddy ranks would be to befriend the Soapy, and perhaps then there would be a use for the gear. The Soapy would know what the gear meant. And perhaps then there would be a way to get rid of the horrible chaos9.

Everyone knew that chaos9 was a tyrant. He had used his minions to spread word of a "suicide" about Nexus. OfficiallyHaphazard had contacts--A cook in the castle--who had said that Nexus was being held captive in the basements.

There were other rumors too, which chaos9's propaganda perpetuated. Supposedly Chaos9 had a golden gear too, and was using that to claim the throne. But OfficiallyHaphazard knew that chaos's gear must be the fake. The gear warmed, almost to a boiling hot when OfficiallyHaphazard touched it. And it always gave him the impression that it needed to be reformed into whatever was that the gear had originally been a part of.

((The revolution is comming, damnit, and your little
He lunged at Chaos9, only to be flung away by some invisible force
wont stop it. Also, now everything you say can be interpreted as propaganda, if you are going to continue to play cheaply.))
"Who are you, how did you get in my house?" - Donald Knuth

Nexus_1101

Postby Nexus_1101 » Mon Nov 12, 2007 12:42 pm UTC

NeXuS opens his eyes.
Blinking he can see a sliver of light shining through a tiny window.
As his eyes adjust to the darkness, he looks around, seeing plain stone walls a door with a small barred opening and a bared window.
As he tries to move he falls, his entire body aches, and a pain is shooting across his chest. His mind slowly recalls the past, the fight against DrStalker, The blast of light. “That man” he breathed “Chaos9.”
He stood steadying himself against a wall. “He… How…” Confused NeXuS stumbles forward, trying the door. It doesn’t open.
Feeling around in the dark he finds a rough wooden bench. He sits and almost topples over. He should be dead. He had stabbed himself with a knife that he found on DrStalkers body.

“What… What has happened.” he said to himself.
“Well that depends on where you saw it from.” a voice from the door spoke
“Who are you?”
“I am Clockworkmonk. I am the cook of this castle.”
“Where am I?”
“You are in one of Chaos9’s Castles. He is not here at present.”
NeXuS herd Clockworkmonk moving around. “Here I have brought you some food.” A small plate slides under the door with some kind of meat on it. NeXus contemplates the fact that it may be poisoned, but he is too hungry.
With a mouth full of food NeXuS proclaims “Why are you helping me?”
“Chaos9 has spread the word of your death and it has stricken a blow to the good in this land there has been rumours of many good people rising and hunting down the Throne to destroy it. One of which I have been in contact with. His name is OfficallyHaphazard, He Claims that he has the Golden Gear and that Chaos9 only has a fake”
“Well whatever he has it hurt. And it is powerful. I must find people who will help me destroy this evil. Now let me out!”
“I cannot you are to weak, you would not make it past Chaos9’s guards, let alone the wild world.”
“I must try. Let me out!”
“Very well but I have warned you.”
“I must forge an alliance. Do you know the whereabouts of Maseiken, OfficiallyHaphazard, and Howler?”
“Yes, but it will take some time, all are on the move. I suggest you go and see OfficiallyHaphazard he will have a better idea of what to do. I can point you in the right direction but I cannot go with you. I must stay at my post others may need me.”
At this NeXuS collects some food and water from the kitchen, clumbsly sneaks through the castle and makes his way to the stable. Finding his horse he clambers on.
NeXuS looks down; the cook is looking up at him. “Ride north east; you shall soon meet OfficiallyHaphazard in the lands of the soapy hobo.”
“Thank you my friend, I must go as dusk is drawing in and I have a long journey ahead of me. I shall not forget your kindness.”
NeXuS kicks off and his horse takes off into the evening sun.

EDIT: spelling, blah, blah, blah.

Chaos9: At his castle with the throne.
DrStalker: his castle, could be dead...
OfficiallyHaphazzard: in the land of soapyhobo with a gear.
SoapyHobo: Newly elected-Hunting the Senior’s killer
Nexus: Riding to form an alliance to fight evil
Grythyttn: attempting to stop the carnage
Maseiken/The order: Attempting to destroy the throne under cover.
Clockworkmonk: At this moment, a neutral pawn.
Rodan: chaos9’s servant.
HOSTING -> Heroquest

IF (NOTFORUMGAME()) {
    postcount.add(1);
}

Moo

Postby Moo » Mon Nov 12, 2007 1:02 pm UTC

Nexus_1101 wrote:EDIT: spelling, blah, blah, blah.
Thanks for the effort, it reads much better :)

Just for the record, this is a roleplaying game not a character-taking-over game and if anyone decides what Moo Jnr does or does not do I will get their posts deleted by whatever sexual favours means necessary or something else saboteurish.

Nexus_1101

Postby Nexus_1101 » Mon Nov 12, 2007 2:37 pm UTC

Moo wrote:Just for the record, this is a roleplaying game not a character-taking-over game and if anyone decides what Moo Jnr does or does not do I will get their posts deleted by whatever sexual favours means necessary or something else saboteurish.

((i do agree with you however it would make it incresingly more difficult to interact between char's if you didn't use them in your portion of the story, i would say that what i added to my story with clockworkmonk is ok as i did not modifiy his status or alighment, maby he relesed me for good or for evil, and no one knows what he is doing at the moment. as for Chaos9 just wait, i shall take the throne, destroy it, and you shall rot in a prison that you cannot escape.))
HOSTING -> Heroquest

IF (NOTFORUMGAME()) {
    postcount.add(1);
}

Moo

Postby Moo » Mon Nov 12, 2007 2:45 pm UTC

((That's fine; interaction works well through PMing though. I mean that's fine by ME, I can't speak for clockworkmonk as he specifically said he was observing rather than taking part at all)).

clockworkmonk
I'm on a horse!

Postby clockworkmonk » Mon Nov 12, 2007 3:45 pm UTC

(it's ok with me, it is within the duties of a cook to deliver food to a prisoner. Although I feel I would not give my actual name in this situation So If I did reveal my name, It probably meant the food was poisoned. Your call. or, for different dialogue;)

What… What has happened.” he said to himself.
“Well that depends on where you saw it from.” a voice from the door spoke
“Who are you?”
“I am a cook of this castle.”
"but what is your name?"
"Cook will do."
“Where am I?”
“You are in one of Chaos9’s Castles. He is not here at present.”
NeXuS herd Clockworkmonk moving around. “Here I have brought you some food.” A small plate slides under the door with some kind of meat on it. NeXus contemplates the fact that it may be poisoned, but he is too hungry.
With a mouth full of food NeXuS proclaims “Why are you helping me?”
“Quite frankly, I have standing orders to feed prisoners," He bends in a whispers, "plus, I think it would be more entertaining with you out than in."
“I must forge an alliance. Do you know the whereabouts of Maseiken, OfficiallyHaphazard, and Howler?”
“Yes, but it will take some time, all are on the move. I suggest you go and see OfficiallyHaphazard he will have a better idea of what to do. I can point you in the right direction but I cannot go with you. I have my job to mind, you see"
At this NeXuS collects some food and water from the kitchen, clumbsly sneaks through the castle and makes his way to the stable. Finding his horse he clambers on.
NeXuS looks down; the cook is looking up at him. “Ride north east; you shall soon meet OfficiallyHaphazard in the lands of the soapy hobo. And keep in mind, if you tell anyone I helped you, well, you know the only way two people can keep a secret is of one of them is dead.”
“Thank you my friend, I must go as dusk is drawing in and I have a long journey ahead of me. I shall not forget your kindness.”
"Might be better if you did."
NeXuS kicks off and his horse takes off into the evening sun.

at this, Clockworkmonk returns to his duties, but first he must cover his hand in the escape. returning to the cell, he breaks his own arm, and poorly picks the lock with the fork. both things a crafty prisoner might have done. Should provide enough cover, espically as he is now running to report the escape.

(not much was changed, just so it would better reflect what clockworkmonk would say and do.)
418 I'm a teapot

Nexus_1101

Postby Nexus_1101 » Mon Nov 12, 2007 8:16 pm UTC

((Top notch, i like it))
HOSTING -> Heroquest

IF (NOTFORUMGAME()) {
    postcount.add(1);
}

Nyarlathotep
Not a god. Not even a titan.

Postby Nyarlathotep » Tue Nov 13, 2007 12:44 pm UTC

((Nyar forgot this thread existed :(

Could someone recap?))
'Gehȳrst þū, sǣlida, hwæt þis folc segeð?
hī willað ēow tō gafole gāras syllan,
ǣttrynne ord and ealde swurd,
þā heregeatu þe ēow æt hilde ne dēah.

Matthias

Postby Matthias » Tue Nov 13, 2007 7:33 pm UTC

Howler crouched in the high recesses of a crumbling windmill, his eyes closed, feeling the slight breeze riffle his fur. The moon was full, providing more than adequate light for him to watch the plains below for the one he sought, but he didn't trust himself to open his eyes.

As said, the moon was full. Normally, this would be the worst time for making alliances--indeed, even in this time of desperation, it was still the worst time to make alliances, but he had precious little choice. Every day spent was another day wasted, another day that the Harbinger of the Blastfall lived and brought about the deaths of others. He could not defeat this dark man on his own, he knew that; a wolf could always glean truth from the words of the pack, and the humans of Enorht spoke much truth of this dark man of the east.

Fortunately for him, a much subtler truth had reached his ears, spreading among the few survivors of the Blastfall--someone was forming a resistance. Someone whose mother had been a strong supporter of Matthias, even in the dark times shortly before his fall. Someone who had left her family behind, even in the midst of this tragedy, to form a resistance movement and take down Chaos9. A strong-willed young woman, to say the least, and Howler felt that he would be foolish not to approach her for an alliance.

Unfortunately, it was the full moon. Even more unfortunately, she was a Bova. Independently, these were problems he wouldn't want to deal with; together, these were problems no werewolf would want to deal with. But time was short, and his chances all the shorter; if he could not meet her tonight, he would have to move on, and risk languishing in Enorht rather than taking his foe by storm or shadow. So, he would have to settle for waiting, keeping his eyes closed as long as possible, and hoping the devil moon didn't smile too strongly on him tonight.

His ears pricked up as he caught a whisper of movement on the grass below. He focused on the sound, trying to pick out its nuances and deduce what was walking below the windmill. Footsteps... bipedal, so humanoid. He laced his fingers, waiting patiently for a foot to land on one of the wide flagstones scattered around the field. Wait... Wait...

*Clack*

There it was; a hoof. Howler opened his eyes, peering over the ledge to confirm, and sure enough he spied the telltale outline of a Bova walking by the windmill. Wasting no time, lest he be tempted to the moon's gaze, he leapt down from his perch, landing in front of the Bova woman, who took a half-step back and gasped.

He could see her more closely now: average height for a Bova, which is to say rather tall for a human girl. She had the hooves of a cow, if a bit wider to compensate for their limited number, and her exposed skin was mostly covered in rather thin, black and white spotted fur. The only notable spots without the fur were the palms of her hands, her neck and face, and the top of her head, which held a shoulder-length pony-tail of golden blonde. Her face was mostly human, except for a black cow's nose that stuck out a bit.

Though clothed in practical, modest garb, it nonetheless showed that, by human standards, she was rather shapely. His base canine instincts thought Beef. His base human instincts thought... something else. Both of these trains of thought were hazardous, and he forced them into the back of his mind as he stood from the stoop of his landing and greeted the young Bova with a silent nod.

"Moo Jr., I presume?" he asked, though it wasn't really a question. "My name is Howler. I believe we have some business to discuss."

((Sorry if I took too much liberty with your character's description, Moo. Does this satisfy your request to be a pretty cow?))

Moo

Postby Moo » Tue Nov 13, 2007 7:49 pm UTC

((When I say I could not have done a better job myself, I mean every damned word. I laughed, I cried,... and pwetty too. Thank you! :D ))

Moo

Postby Moo » Tue Nov 13, 2007 10:03 pm UTC

Dejected by the latest failure, Moo pushed on through the night. She had scoured the city for the court jester in vain; she had come so close but the trail had ended on the street where the community of haggard hobos was too close knit; too secretive.

She clutched her list tightly in her hand, the paper scrunching against her fur. She only had three names left now. Three fading lights of hope in the growing darkness*.

As she approached the open ground around the windmill she quickened her pace. She did not like moving in such open terrain on such a bright evening but she had no time to lose. She had heard rumours of a soldier who was loyal to Matthias heading this way, to the Old City.

Nearing the mill, her nostrils flared as they picked up an unkown scent. There was someone there! Or... something. Whatever it was, it triggered some dark, instinctive fear and her heart started racing, ready to flee to the safety of forest cover. In a split second he was in front of her, dropping silently to the ground in front of her - barring escape. As he straightened up, she could see that he was a man but still her nose would not accept this as fact. It was trying to draw her attention to his rough build; his animal-like lithe movement; his strong, rugged features; his, well, hairyness. She felt disconcertingly like... prey.

"Moo Jr., I presume?" he asked, though it wasn't really a question. "My name is Howler. I believe we have some business to discuss."

Howler. Her hand involuntarily gripped tighter the list that had turned to damp mush in her hand. She had been searching for over a Cycle and this was the first tangible evidence that her search was not a fool's errand. That hope might yet be justified.

"I would ask how you have found me but I fear I would find no more peace from your answer than from not knowing.

Yes; if you are worthy of the praise others have bestowed on you then we have much to discuss and little time to do it. Every day spent talking is another day the people of this land suffer; another day the Throne remains in evil hands; another day I am away from those I was sworn to protect. If you will trust me, you must tell me all you know of Matthias, of the Throne, and of the Blastwave. And he who was responsible". Speaking that last sentence drained her face of all emotion, all warmth; radiating from it instead a cold, hard determination. It was too devoid of feeling to be called hatred.

*Attack of the killer cliches. Sorry.
Last edited by Moo on Wed Nov 14, 2007 11:55 am UTC, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Forum Games”