I just came back from 1912....

For all your silly time-killing forum games.

Moderators: jestingrabbit, Moderators General, Prelates

Maseiken
The Candylawyer

Re: I just came back from 1912....

Postby Maseiken » Fri Mar 20, 2009 10:45 am UTC

Just got back from the third Crustacean civilisation. I picked up all this currency while I was there, there were all these cool designs of little Trilobytes and things, and really little creatures...but I think I dropped a whole bunch somewhere on earth. Apparently this helps set off the whole "Evolution" theory that set everyone back about 80 years so... sorry about that.
"GRRRRRRRRRROOOOOOOOWR!!!!"
(Translation: "Objection!")

Maseiken had the ball at the top of the key...

axilog14

Postby axilog14 » Fri Mar 20, 2009 12:51 pm UTC

Uh... guys?

Vieto wrote:Hey guys... I think I might have a problem.

I was in the in prehistoric times, when a raptor attacked me. I'm ok, but the raptor took my time machine.

he took my beer to. I hope this doesn't cause a raptorpopalips. Help appreciated.

Anyways, just came back from a quick jump to mid-2008... Lucky I had some spare aluminum foil on me, God only knows what woulda happened with that Large Hadron Collider thingy...
"Yes, my life is pathetic. But I still prefer it to the alternative!"

Nexus_1101

Postby Nexus_1101 » Fri Mar 20, 2009 1:41 pm UTC

Note: do not drop sweet wrappers into the flux capacitor matrix.

I have managed to get myself free from a 1hr 32mins 8secs time loop.
HOSTING -> Heroquest
:idea: CHAOS BONUS :idea:

Code: Select all

IF (NOTFORUMGAME()) {
    postcount.add(1);
}

Meteorswarm

Postby Meteorswarm » Sat Dec 18, 2010 3:19 am UTC

Well that was an adventure.

Apparently, some of the neo''-Taoists from the 3400s have been sneaking their time nanomachines into Socrates' hemlock, mixing it with a knockout drug and some coniase to detoxify the juice. This had the result of shifting Socrates to the 530s BC, and in the reference frame of the nanomachines, his position lined up with Qufu, China.

For those of you not familiar with that time and place, that was when Confucius was hitting his stride. Socrates argued Confucius into a coma, essentially eliminating Confucianism from the Chinese philosophical map, which they intended to set the stage for Taoism to take over unopposed. Unfortunately, this also had the effect of turning the Chinese even more insular in the ensuing centuries, which resulted in much less technology being passed to ~10th century Arabs and then on to spur the renaissance. I fixed this by replacing the specific hemlock plants used for the juice with some (sterile!) ones that produce a tasty protease to break down the antidote. Also tastes like cherries.

EDIT: What? It's almost 2011? Gah, when I left this wasn't supposed to be a necro. Looks like whoever messed with my return circuits also tried to wipe out my account here, fortunately I was able to restore it later, although many of my posts have been lost.
The same as the old Meteorswarm, now with fewer posts!

CorruptUser

Postby CorruptUser » Sat Dec 18, 2010 5:00 am UTC

Sigh, due to unauthorized resurrections, special preparations need to be made to make sure knowledge of our organization stays hidden from the past. Sigh, RTFM people!

On an unrelated note, I was able to have a little chat with a young cartoonist named Theodore S Giesel. He sure did love my ideas for childrens' books. I mean, who would've thought a writer for the US Propaganda department would be interested in such a thing?

voicedotter

Postby voicedotter » Sat Dec 25, 2010 2:02 pm UTC

Well Hi I guess. I stumbled into this place bout a day ago after being displaced from my time by about 10-15 years.
I can't remember what happened. I only remember being knocked up and I woke up outside this place and found the computer terminal and had a look at some of the events that have happened.

Anyway I was wondering if there was anywhere I could have a look at the IATT bulletin board so I understand what I can and can't do.

Internetmeme

Postby Internetmeme » Sun Dec 26, 2010 5:35 am UTC

'sup guys.
Totally just went back to the primordial soup, and messed with it a bit.
Now, humans and anthropomorphic foxes exist in the same Earth. I am enjoying my new tail!
Spoiler:

voicedotter

Postby voicedotter » Mon Jan 03, 2011 8:53 pm UTC

Well I found a Time travel device. Managed to get it to work. I made a couple of quick trips first to test it worked. It did so yea read below.

I just got back from dragging internet meme back from the primordial soup before he could make both anthro foxes and humans lived together, now even though it would be cool we just don't need that right now maybe we could do some experiments in the future or in another time line.

Meme do you know what that could do to the world? It may end up with us not having computers or time travel. *leaves meme back in some time and place without a time travel device

voicedotter

Postby voicedotter » Thu May 24, 2012 1:16 pm UTC

Not sure if allowed to revive topics with same account, but I thought maybe some people who had not seen this may like to join in.

So I just got back. I dropped a laptop there, you think anything major will change?

orangedragonfire

Postby orangedragonfire » Thu May 24, 2012 3:09 pm UTC

Hey, anyone up for another round of Spot The Difference? I've slightly edited a single difference in the time stream... as always, don't try this at home unless you are above Level 6 and even then be extremely careful. I'm a professional, and know how to change details without messing up the entire time stream. The price this round is a night with any being of your choice - it's will be in an imaginary timeline, so there will be no consequences to the time stream, just an experience and memories for you.

Enjoy the search!

Oh, and Maseiken, in response to your previous question: Roses. Yeah, I know, but what can you do...

orangedragonfire

Postby orangedragonfire » Thu May 24, 2012 3:10 pm UTC

Oh *@#$... just checking the thread, I see that there are no previous posts by me. I must have somehow ended up in an alternate timeline... ignore my previous post.

orangedragonfire

Postby orangedragonfire » Thu May 24, 2012 8:20 pm UTC

Okay, so I have now read through the forums and looked at the time line. Let me try to put my thoughts in words...

WHAT. THE. HECK. IS. WRONG. WITH. YOU?!?!

Your time line is a mess. It's unstable in millions of tiny places, missing four seconds (I have no idea how that works), and shifting all the time. The rest is mostly patchwork; I have not found a second where history was not "fixed" by some time traveler. Your history is a mess almost as great. People are generally underdeveloped, hungrier, poorer and sicker than you should be. You have wars... intelligent beings actually killing each other! And oh dear GOD the amount of wars you have! A part of your own time line has even cut itself off from you; and I don't blame them.

Then there is the IATT itself... you have literally thousands of of rules, subrules, laws, bylaws, regulations, bulletins, prohibitions, restrictions... I got dizzy just looking at the complete list. Let's ignore the fact that pretty much nobody has ever read all of them. And that those that have don't have time to travel through time. But just having to have this many rules is a clear sign of faulty organization. A member of a perfect group needs exactly one order: Do the right thing. Of course, perfecting isn't easy to come by, so in effect you might need 10, maybe twenty rules. NOT THOUSANDS. Thousands of rules just ensure that few people read the rules, fewer follow them, and that it is easier to find loopholes.

And then... this is the worst part... YOU LET NOOBS EDIT THE TIME LINE. I mean... you don't just let them travel through time, which would be bad enough in itself. But no, that isn't enough for you. You actually let them affect historic events, even important historic events. Especially historic events. And then you even mess things up when cleaning up after them. It's no wonder that your time line is a mess, it's a wonder that you have one at all. By all rights, you should have broken something by now, and this time line should have collapsed.

I would help, but... I don't even know where to begin to fix something. It's a tangled mess, and I'm afraid that any substantial change would break an important part, and the whole universe comes crashing down and ceases to exits. Now please excuse me, I need to cry.

voicedotter

Postby voicedotter » Thu May 24, 2012 10:08 pm UTC

Dammit ODF could you stop messing with things. So what did you change? And don't blame me, I stopped people changing things too badly. Hell I just went and grabbed the laptop I dropped. And I know, the noobs are terrible. I think we have had a couple hundred attempts on hitler, or other important people. So now how do we tidy this up?

orangedragonfire

Postby orangedragonfire » Thu May 24, 2012 10:13 pm UTC

I changed nothing in this time line. I just came from an alternate timeline that worked a whole lot better. In contrast, yours looks... well, bad. Really bad. It probably doesn't look as bad to you, since you're used to it, and I apologize for my outburst - it was mostly culture shock. I've spent the last 10 subjective years eating ice cream and watching bad movies, so now I feel a bit better.

Guess I'll have to get used to living here now...

*sigh*

voicedotter

Postby voicedotter » Thu May 24, 2012 10:22 pm UTC

Yea, lets just say that too many people were messing things up before we could stop them. Now if you don't mind I need to go and drag some of the time travelers back.

orangedragonfire

Postby orangedragonfire » Thu May 24, 2012 10:28 pm UTC

You don't have MLR:BIS in this time line? What the heck? That is the greatest show ever.

/edit: Oh. I see. I found your alternative to it... "my little PONY"? WTF?

voicedotter

Postby voicedotter » Thu May 24, 2012 10:46 pm UTC

Hold on, I just gotta go kill that idea that became MLP. The fandom is annoying at times.

orangedragonfire

Postby orangedragonfire » Sat May 26, 2012 5:44 pm UTC

Went back in time to prevent voicedotter from preventing MLP... turns out that with no MLP, the they instead made a show called "My medium-sized Barnacle - Boredom is boring." Trust me, it's worse than it sounds. MLP suddenly doesn't seem too bad. I am going to have nightmare of Barney the Barnacle for a while.

voicedotter

Postby voicedotter » Sun May 27, 2012 12:03 am UTC

Thanks for preventing me doing that. Now if you don't mind me I feel like I should really have stopped the company allowing so many noobs in. Now I'm gonna go take over the company.

orangedragonfire

Postby orangedragonfire » Mon Jul 09, 2012 8:37 pm UTC

Things seem to have slowed. I only had to avert three disasters today before 11 am; none of them important enough to mention here. 'Susan', you know who you are. Don't let me catch you doing that again.

voicedotter

Postby voicedotter » Tue Jul 10, 2012 12:29 am UTC

Yea I think a few of our agents got trapped back in WWII and died there... again. Should I go back and stop them, or leave them to die. I mean I don't think anyone had any of our tech.

orangedragonfire

Postby orangedragonfire » Tue Jul 10, 2012 9:58 pm UTC

One of them at least is supposed to save Tausis VII through XIX from the shrimp apocalypse later in his personal timeline and became emperor of the resulting Taumpire, so we kinda do have to save them. I'll take care of it.

voicedotter

Postby voicedotter » Wed Jul 11, 2012 12:43 am UTC

Sweet, I don't really want to mess with the time stream before my lecture, I could end up breaking the course, again.

orangedragonfire

Postby orangedragonfire » Fri Aug 17, 2012 1:15 am UTC

Hmm... things seemed to have calmed down here. Is anyone still reading this section of the IATT forums?

voicedotter

Postby voicedotter » Mon Aug 20, 2012 1:34 pm UTC

I dunno, but I did enjoy that rave I went to over in december after the end of the Mayan calender. Twas so much fun.

Vytron
Location: The Outside. I use She/He/Her/His/Him as gender neutral pronouns :P

Postby Vytron » Sun Nov 18, 2012 3:57 am UTC

Gah! Every time I read this thread it's completely different, but the constant is that all my posts disappear every single time, and I look like a newb that just joins. Last time the thread had more than 60 pages, and around September-October 2012 the people went really crazy with changing the past, and caused an universal apocalypse in year 10000 (which seems to be hinted at in this version of the thread) so to avoid that I had to undo the existence of all the IATT members (me excluded), what the hell.

Luckily, this time stream seems to be a lot more consistent, with 10 times less needed activity things don't seem as bad as after, the current IATT members are doing well, I think all the red tape and unnecessary rules and bulletins are slowing things down for the better.
Go! Go! You can do it username5243!
Cheers Marsh'n!

Your ad here. No, seriously! It's free! PM me if interested.
THANKS KARHELL!! :)

orangedragonfire

Postby orangedragonfire » Sun Nov 18, 2012 5:29 am UTC

Welcome to this reality, then; I'm from a different parallel universe myself. Though mine seemed to work excellently without needing many rules. Oh well. Want me to give you the tour of the current timeline? I've been here for a while, so I know my way around. If you do decide to take me up on this offer, I will have you send a note to yourself telling you where and when to meet me.

Vytron

Postby Vytron » Mon Nov 19, 2012 7:25 am UTC

Oh, I know you very well, we were great friends from where I come from, while you weren't part of this I kept you informed of everything and your advice when I needed help was invaluable. As your existence wasn't erased and I know exactly where this line branches from, I'm pretty sure that I can trust you. I hope we can discuss later on the creation of the Time Advisers Group, of people that don't travel in time, but give their opinion and track time changes, they were very useful in stopping the apocalypse but it seems this line doesn't have it.

I've spent the last years (subjective time) from my last message getting up to speed of the current events, and, I have complained a lot but things don't seem as bad. World War III never happened, the civil war on the USA was avoided, the collapse of Europe and the Gold Rebellion that caused the destruction of all precious materials was never seen, etc.

What I really miss is all the technological developments that seem to have dragged on, I was used to be able to teleport to places, instead of this annoying walking, and even the cars are stuck in earth instead of using negative gravity (which was found in the 90's! Come on!) Stonermal energy hasn't been discovered yet so we depend on fuel and electricity. God, I wish I had taken notes of how that worked in case this happened, being able to suck power from rocks was kick ass.

I'm also worried about the overpopulation, it's more than twice as the other 2012, and the first time travel devices will come out some 200 years later than expected, I guess that explains why we have so few members when compared to after, though, I think I can get used to this, sorry for the rant.

Maybe this is a stable line that will not be erased like the others, at least, it has lasted much longer than them.
Cheers Marsh'n!

orangedragonfire

Postby orangedragonfire » Mon Nov 19, 2012 8:48 am UTC

It's not stable. It just seems to be on a local optimum on the hyper-transtime crossreality multiverse field. There's an interesting article about it in the metaphysics section. Basically what it means is that when it does get destroyed, this particular timeline has a tendency of bouncing back. See earlier comments in this thread on various problems that have occurred; there was Newton and his empire as the main problem (he is on another local optimum, so he might have been able to keep this timeline from bouncing back and thus make his own reality more 'real'). Other than that there are lots of small problems all the time. For instance, when you kill hitler, the timeline is supposed to collapse instantly (no hitler dies means no cold war means no spacerace means technology falls behind means no timetravel because earth gets destroyed. No time travel means paradox which destroys the timeline). However, due to being a local optimum, we are relatively stable, which is what gives us a few hours to correct such problems before the timeline is irreversibly damaged.

Enough dry science, did you have My Little Raptor: Bloodlust is Science is your original reality, or the same cheap knockoff they have here? (oh, and we've tried correcting this by deleting the My Little Pony franchise. You do not want anything to do with what replaced it. *shudders*)

Vytron

Postby Vytron » Mon Nov 19, 2012 10:40 pm UTC

Hi guys, I've just joined the IATT and I'm preparing my first time trip. I'm sending this from March 9 2304, so while I'm new at the time you read this post, I'll be probably a veteran compared to some of you guys that joined later than this.

I've been reading the bulletins (don't worry, I won't go in time to kill Hitler :P ) and went reading this thread from the beginning, I'm already halfway-through, and should be done in the following weeks (subjective time), I want to be fully informed before fully venturing into this!
Cheers Marsh'n!

orangedragonfire

Postby orangedragonfire » Tue Nov 20, 2012 1:16 am UTC

Well, you either need to re-read By-law 773 ("Keep your post in the order of your subjective timestream, this is to avoid temporal confusion"), or you now exist twice, with you being the native Vytron, and the one that posted before your post coming from a different timeline. Actually, scratch the first option, as the timecopy Vytron didn't start time traveling in this reality and thus never would have made a first post like you did.

Huh, I wonder if I have a timecopy too...

Vytron

Postby Vytron » Tue Nov 20, 2012 7:55 pm UTC

Oh my! Sorry about breaking By-law 773, I was very aware of it (the first thing I did was memorizing the manual, to save time in the future), but how are you supposed to follow it if you don't know you aren't a prime? Oh, I guess I should have read the entire thread before posting, to see that an alternative me had posted, then travel back to before I posted and beat myself to the punch.

Man, I haven't traveled yet, and this is already confusing. I'm changing my password so that other me can't post from this account.

I'm now traveling back to November 20 2012 to ensure that the other me can't go back in time before I changed the password.

Okay, I'm in the present now.

By the way, I loved My Little Pony as a kid, though I haven't watched Friendship Is Magic yet, why do so many time travelers try to delete that franchise from history?
Cheers Marsh'n!

orangedragonfire

Postby orangedragonfire » Sat Nov 24, 2012 8:53 am UTC

No problem, we were all once new, although not necessarily in this reality. ;)

Anyway, I think what people are trying to erase is not so much the franchise as the fandom. They have come up with some really crazy things, and can be really annoying. And then there's the whole thing about bronys; grown men liking shows for little girls... it just goes against established cultural norms for the time period, so naturally people take offense. And when they have the power of time travel far too many have the "bright" idea of trying to get rid of anything they disagree with.

PS: Vytron, I suggest to let your alternate self back into your account. I've met him recently, and he didn't like being locked out of his account. Technically, you both have the right to use the account. And there is no harm in using the same account, just use some form of identification at the beginning at each post so we know who posted... like "Native" and "Alternate" or something... though that sounds kinda degrading towards the alternate... maybe "Younger" and "Older"?

Vytron

Postby Vytron » Sat Nov 24, 2012 9:49 am UTC

Thanks orangedragonfire. Huh, I don't know what to say, this is my first post in this thread, I think something went terribly wrong somewhere, because these guys were time copies of me (or some earlier branch, since otherwise our pasts seem unrelated), and they seem to keep jumping from one line to another. This is the reality in where I'm Vytron #3, I come from a reality where I was Vytron #12, and I can tell that the other 11 weren't any of those 2 guys.

Sorry for utterly destroying By-law 773, I fail at time travel, as it looks like other guys manage to go to the past and then go back home, but I keep running into different time lines, it seems.

I'm sending this message from 1940, I just stopped member Elfridge from killing Hitler, he was very stubborn, and really good! He had multiple time copies that kept killing Hitler and I kept having to travel to the past to save myself because he was killing me in the process. I had no other option but to erase him from existence, so now only I remember him. I've spent several years here for good measure.

Luckily, Vytron #2 did change the account password before leaving this time line, so I can post here.

Now, I'm going to try to go back to the present, but if, as usual, I end up in a different time line, it was nice meeting you, keep the good job protecting this reality, as, what I've observed is scary: The IATT seems to be wearing thin, the last time line I visited had 4 active time travelers (including Elfridge) this timeline has you as the only active time traveler.
Cheers Marsh'n!

orangedragonfire

Postby orangedragonfire » Sat Nov 24, 2012 10:39 am UTC

That is indeed scary... And I'm not even native to this timeline, so officially, it has no active native time travelers... I'll see if I can't figure out a few things about what is happening and why. Hopefully I can find a way to keep you stable in this timeline. I'd hate to be left completely alone.

Vytron

Postby Vytron » Mon Nov 26, 2012 8:03 am UTC

Ahhh! Finally, I found a time line with a time copy of you. Okay, here's the deal, I'm Vytron #4 (relative to this timeline), I come from your native timeline, where another you, Vytron #1 and me have been done extensive investigations about what is going on. It's very serious.

There are two sides fighting something they like to call "The Time Wars", and the bad guys are slowly leaving us without a way to fix this catastrophe. The reason there's no longer any time traveler native to this time line is because they've slowly sabotaged us so we can't come back to this timeline, presumably the original Vytron (#0) was like this and abandoned us on his very first travel. Your other one figured most of this out but I assume you don't know about it.

Abraham Lincoln is behind all this, orangedragonfire from this timeline went back in time to kill him in 1861, but that was causing the end of the world in year 10000, I had to go back to stop the other you. Apparently April 15 1865 is a safe date to deal with Lincoln and someone did it. We figured out what was happening and that the only way to stay in this timeline for me was to freeze myself until today, so that was a sure way to stay in time line.

At that point Vytron #1 appeared with a Cryogenic capsule for me to use, so I got into it and hibernated for 150 years. I can say that the plan worked, before that I had visited several time lines where the IATT's Forums had died in 2010 and no time traveler appeared ever again, it was freaky but I kept trying. I'm posting this message so Vytron #1 at some point in the future can read it and send me the Cryogenic capsule there.

You are the key, I've tracked your time travels and you seem to not have been sabotaged yet, it's clear you are able to travel to the past of any time line and then back home, I suggest you use this ability to go back to 1862 of your native timeline and meet the orangedragonfire of this timeline and Vytron #1, so you can figure out how to stop this crap.

Oh, and don't touch the Cryogenic capsule that has me frozen inside, that would truly be catastrophic (just, deleting us from existence and going back to the reality where an asteroid destroyed earth in 2005, the time line is very fragile now...)
Cheers Marsh'n!

orangedragonfire

Postby orangedragonfire » Mon Nov 26, 2012 4:53 pm UTC

So... ... ... yeah.

Things didn't go well.

Normally, people can only perceive one timeline. Something that I did while trying to fix the current mess removed that limitation from my mind, and I am currently experiencing all timeline at the same time. It may sound cool, but it's not. It's a giant headache the size of which I can't even describe, that's what it is.

Queen Arasene

Postby Queen Arasene » Mon Nov 26, 2012 8:16 pm UTC

I recently returned to see that a whole lot of people were messing with time and its events.
Went a some million years back in time and put up nets in all the jungles so the monkeys never learned how to walk, effectively destroying all human civilization and causing one hell of a paradox.

And I agree that the restaurant at the end of the universe should consider starting to offer their meat rare. Also, the music is horrible.
Went back and sobered Elvis up permanently; all music since seems to have improved.
It's Magic. I ain't gonna explain shit.

orangedragonfire

Postby orangedragonfire » Thu Dec 06, 2012 10:28 pm UTC

Arrgh! Serious, people have done stupid things in this thread, but deliberately destroying humanity by stopping them as monkeys... do I even need to explain why this is a bad idea? I direct your attention to the thread "Why deliberately stopping the evolution of humanity is a bad idea." for a full discussion, but the main points are that you instead get sentient flying sharks as the dominant species on earth within a few hundred million years. They continue to mess up most of the universe, and start invading parallel universes, thus destabilizing the weave of reality permanently, ultimately destroying everything. I have corrected this mistake before things could get that far.

Please ask before you have such a "brilliant" plan again, like killing hitler, stopping the Titanic from sinking, becoming God-Emperor of the Third Interstellar Empire or spitting in a puddle just when life was starting to evolve. There is a reason you have to be careful with history.

Anyway, since you seem to be one of the few time-travelers left in existence, could you help me try to figure out what is going on and how to fix it?

PS: I've temporarily collapsed by experience to a single time-line, though I think I need to be able to see all at once to permanently deal with this. I'm working on a way to do that without going insane like last time.

Vieto

Postby Vieto » Thu Dec 06, 2012 10:48 pm UTC

That was close.

I'm glad I got back to this timeline. The other timeline I was in, orangedragonfire almost destroyed the universe by collapsing it into a black hole. I barely managed to stop that in this universe, it appears he thinks he is only omniscient here.

Also, I'm going to go to the Jurassic time period now for a well deserved break. I'm bringing some beer, if anyone wants to join me.

Return to “Forum Games”