The Eternal Flame War

For all your silly time-killing forum games.

Moderators: jestingrabbit, Moderators General, Prelates

User avatar
BigNose
Posts: 72
Joined: Thu Feb 18, 2010 2:45 pm UTC
Location: Swine's Down, UK

Re: The Eternal Flame War

Postby BigNose » Thu Mar 18, 2010 4:48 pm UTC

TL;DR
Adacore wrote:In all honesty, BigNose has been pinging me slightly with almost every post since the start of the game. But he always does - I was utterly convinced he was anti-town for most of Wizardry2 and he was the High Wizard. I just can't read him.

User avatar
Brooklynxman
Because I'm Awesome
Posts: 609
Joined: Tue Jan 20, 2009 4:27 pm UTC
Location: Here
Contact:

Re: The Eternal Flame War

Postby Brooklynxman » Fri Mar 19, 2010 3:48 am UTC

Quantum Sunshine wrote:What are you guys talking about. Neither of those where anything compared to Chad Kroeger or Miley Cyrus. LOL U gUz r the N0bs o teh Internetzorz!!!!1115


You just stepped over a line. See, it is people like you who are the reason we can't have nice things. I am currently petitioning to every mod that you be banned, and recommend all posters who read this do the same. Also, I am sending Randall Monroe a letter asking for his personal interference, and contacting the local authorities. Also I have placed a worm on your computer and......those pictures with the horse and the goat and that pink corset were......interesting to say the least.

You disgust me.
We figure out what all this means, then do something large and violent

The thing about changing the world...once you do it the world's all different.

I'm Angel. I beat the bad guys.

Spoiler:
Image

User avatar
Quantum Sunshine
Posts: 43
Joined: Sun Nov 08, 2009 4:58 am UTC
Location: Missouri
Contact:

Re: The Eternal Flame War

Postby Quantum Sunshine » Fri Mar 19, 2010 5:44 am UTC

Brooklynxman wrote:
Quantum Sunshine wrote:What are you guys talking about. Neither of those where anything compared to Chad Kroeger or Miley Cyrus. LOL U gUz r the N0bs o teh Internetzorz!!!!1115


You just stepped over a line. See, it is people like you who are the reason we can't have nice things. I am currently petitioning to every mod that you be banned, and recommend all posters who read this do the same. Also, I am sending Randall Monroe a letter asking for his personal interference, and contacting the local authorities. Also I have placed a worm on your computer and......those pictures with the horse and the goat and that pink corset were......interesting to say the least.

You disgust me.

It's almost like you can't understand sarcasm.
Those comments that you made are the ones that were completely unnecessary, because they are totally not necessary.

If you think that the mods would listen to you, you have got to be insane. I mean really, you don't even have an avatar.

Also you made so many obvious mistakes in that comment that I'm not even going to tell you about them.

User avatar
BigNose
Posts: 72
Joined: Thu Feb 18, 2010 2:45 pm UTC
Location: Swine's Down, UK

Re: The Eternal Flame War

Postby BigNose » Tue Mar 23, 2010 9:59 am UTC

Quantum Sunshine wrote:It's almost like you can't understand sarcasm.

A dictionary definition of sarcasm is:
1. harsh or bitter derision or irony.
2. a sharply ironical taunt; sneering or cutting remark.
If we are to look at the second definition, we can clearly see that the words 'taunt' and 'sneering' are predominantly associated with a verbal delivery. Thus, delivery via the written word is very difficult to determine unless there is sufficient context within which to contain it. Otherwise, the delivery is simply the truth and not any form of irony and hence not sarcastic.
Quantum Sunshine wrote:Those comments that you made are the ones that were completely unnecessary, because they are totally not necessary.

Repetition. Some times you have to repeat yourself, so that others whom fail to identify with the point of the argument, can have the means to 'catch up' with the conversation. In this case, your repetition shows that you have a basic lack of understanding of grammar.
Quantum Sunshine wrote:If you think that the gods would listen to you, you have got to be insane.

Does this mean that you consider that if gods listen (let alone talk) to anyone, then whomsoever that is, is mad? Even if we consider that when you refer to 'gods', you mean the Moderators of this forum (as opposed to God, one of, capital G), then your statement holds even less credence. The 'gods' are only human, (unless proven otherwise).
Quantum Sunshine wrote:I mean really, you don't even have an avatar.
What has a film got to do with it?

Summer Glau
:O)
you made so many obvious mistakes in that comment that I'm not even going to tell you about them.[/quote]
Adacore wrote:In all honesty, BigNose has been pinging me slightly with almost every post since the start of the game. But he always does - I was utterly convinced he was anti-town for most of Wizardry2 and he was the High Wizard. I just can't read him.

User avatar
Nautilus
Posts: 105
Joined: Thu Feb 25, 2010 1:19 am UTC
Location: That's a strange place to put a piano

Re: The Eternal Flame War

Postby Nautilus » Wed Mar 24, 2010 2:53 am UTC

Idiots.
I say again, stop hissy-fitting and go do something interesting.
I am aware of the innate irony of this post and anyone who attempts to capitalize on that will come across as someone who isn't intelligent enough to ignore self-reference and come up with something creative.
My flagella bring all the boys to the yard

User avatar
Darkname
Posts: 25
Joined: Thu Jan 07, 2010 3:58 pm UTC
Location: Milky Way,Earth
Contact:

Re: The Eternal Flame War

Postby Darkname » Wed Mar 24, 2010 12:53 pm UTC

...

Man your so stupid worst dis ever didn't even make me flinch YOU need to go learn NameCalling for dummies or do something else this isnt your thing man.
BLARG!!

User avatar
tastelikecoke
Posts: 1208
Joined: Mon Feb 01, 2010 7:58 am UTC
Location: Antipode of Brazil
Contact:

Re: The Eternal Flame War

Postby tastelikecoke » Wed Mar 24, 2010 4:28 pm UTC

You don't grammar obviously. And it is obvious that you are just of a way to criticize the previous poster. It becomes then obvious that you don't even punctuations properly. Why did you even here when you?

summer glau

User avatar
chridd
Has a vermicelli title
Posts: 846
Joined: Tue Aug 19, 2008 10:07 am UTC
Location: ...Earth, I guess?
Contact:

Re: The Eternal Flame War

Postby chridd » Wed Mar 24, 2010 7:10 pm UTC

tastelikecoke wrote:You don't grammar obviously. And it is obvious that you are just of a way to criticize the previous poster. It becomes then obvious that you don't even punctuations properly. Why did you even here when you?

summer glau
You obviously don't verb properly. And Summer Glau not of capital letters.
~ chri d. d. /tʃɹɪ.di.di/ (Phonotactics, schmphonotactics) · she · Forum game scores
mittfh wrote:I wish this post was very quotable...

User avatar
Asmodieus
Posts: 188
Joined: Fri Aug 01, 2008 5:16 pm UTC
Location: Ardis
Contact:

Re: The Eternal Flame War

Postby Asmodieus » Wed Mar 24, 2010 7:17 pm UTC

gheyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy
Tillian wrote:Yeah, but the polar bears get more territorial during the summer, so we have to stay indoors.

User avatar
eggdudeguy
Posts: 9
Joined: Sun Jan 10, 2010 3:24 am UTC
Contact:

Re: The Eternal Flame War

Postby eggdudeguy » Thu Mar 25, 2010 1:04 am UTC

I know you are, but what am I?
KrazyerKate wrote:While it's probably the strangest sounding advice I will ever give, we need to stay focused on Hardcore Pornography in order to be successful.


I have a Blog and I make Games. I also have a big multiplayer game in the works (coming soonish!).

User avatar
tastelikecoke
Posts: 1208
Joined: Mon Feb 01, 2010 7:58 am UTC
Location: Antipode of Brazil
Contact:

Re: The Eternal Flame War

Postby tastelikecoke » Thu Mar 25, 2010 2:48 am UTC

This is supposed to be a flame war you ignorant! These bastards are the plague of this forum games...

User avatar
Brooklynxman
Because I'm Awesome
Posts: 609
Joined: Tue Jan 20, 2009 4:27 pm UTC
Location: Here
Contact:

Re: The Eternal Flame War

Postby Brooklynxman » Thu Mar 25, 2010 8:36 am UTC

Grammar.

This thread doesn't have it. Like at all. I've seen third graders with better grammar then this thread.
We figure out what all this means, then do something large and violent

The thing about changing the world...once you do it the world's all different.

I'm Angel. I beat the bad guys.

Spoiler:
Image

User avatar
chridd
Has a vermicelli title
Posts: 846
Joined: Tue Aug 19, 2008 10:07 am UTC
Location: ...Earth, I guess?
Contact:

Re: The Eternal Flame War

Postby chridd » Thu Mar 25, 2010 8:45 am UTC

Brooklynxman wrote:Grammar.

This thread doesn't have it. Like at all. I've seen third graders with better grammar then this thread.
Your post was properly formatted and used proper capitalization, punctuation, and spelling.

Therefore, you are wrong.
~ chri d. d. /tʃɹɪ.di.di/ (Phonotactics, schmphonotactics) · she · Forum game scores
mittfh wrote:I wish this post was very quotable...

drunken
Posts: 181
Joined: Tue May 27, 2008 5:14 am UTC

Re: The Eternal Flame War

Postby drunken » Thu Mar 25, 2010 12:11 pm UTC

chridd wrote:Your post was properly formatted and used proper capitalization, punctuation, and spelling.

Therefore, you are wrong.


This is patently absurd, the you cannot claim that someones proper use of words disproves their own point. This would mean that all major publications of any kind were wrong and only 6 year old writing practice is acceptable as a logical hypothesis. Your world view must be as lost and illogical as your post if you truly believe what you say. I think however that you do not believe what you say at all, that you simply posted whatever you could think of after 8 seconds consideration just as an excuse to post. You have no real input to this thread and have simply wasted the lives of anyone who took the time to read your post. I don't believe it is even in the spirit of this thread. If you had given it at least a modicum of thought you could have come up with far better criticism. In fact what you said was "compliment, therefore insult". Why don't you just crawl back under the rock you crawled out from under and leave the posting to the people who have two or more IQ points to rub together.

Examples of criticisms that would have been far less retarded are:

1) Grammar. You cannot make a sentence with one word in it. A sentence requires a subject and a verb as an absolute minimum, and an object is preferred as well where possible. Just a noun on its own doesn't merit a full stop.

2) You complain about grammar, "This thread doesn't have it" is a horrible sentence to follow up with.

3) You complain about grammar, "Like at all" is probably the worst sentence I have ever heard.

4) I've seen third graders with better grammar than this thread.

It seems as though the person who posted before you deliberately put a grammatical error in every single sentence just to make it easy for you. Even if your post was meant to be sarcastic, the follow up of "Therefore, you are wrong" is totally retarded. If you had simply left it at "Your post was properly formatted and used proper capitalization, punctuation, and spelling." would have been subtle but penetrating. But you had to go and add a totally obsolete and misleading follow up.
***This post is my own opinion and no claim is being made that it is in any way scientific nor intended to be construed as such by any reader***

User avatar
eggdudeguy
Posts: 9
Joined: Sun Jan 10, 2010 3:24 am UTC
Contact:

Re: The Eternal Flame War

Postby eggdudeguy » Thu Mar 25, 2010 2:58 pm UTC

Not to mention that you can't have better grammar than a thread -- the thread itself does not have grammar. Instead, you can have better grammar than the people posting in this thread.
KrazyerKate wrote:While it's probably the strangest sounding advice I will ever give, we need to stay focused on Hardcore Pornography in order to be successful.


I have a Blog and I make Games. I also have a big multiplayer game in the works (coming soonish!).

User avatar
chridd
Has a vermicelli title
Posts: 846
Joined: Tue Aug 19, 2008 10:07 am UTC
Location: ...Earth, I guess?
Contact:

Re: The Eternal Flame War

Postby chridd » Thu Mar 25, 2010 4:35 pm UTC

drunken wrote:This is patently absurd, the you cannot claim that someones proper use of words disproves their own point.
You can if their point is that there is no proper grammar* in this thread. Ze used proper grammar, therefore there is proper grammar in this thread, therefore ze is wrong.

* The proper part probably being implied.

OOPSIES:
There's a guy pooping in a cardboard box right now that would be really disappointed to hear you say that.
Ah. I didn't catch the "then". I don't find sentence fragments to be incorrect, as long as they're used effectively (which they were there). Complaining about whether the "thread" can have grammar is just being overly pedantic. Otherwise it seems fairly close to proper grammar (there are capital letters, there are periods, most words are spelled correctly, etc.). So there is more proper grammar than improper grammar in that post. So there is proper grammar in that post, and therefore proper grammar in this thread.

OOPSY-DAISY:
2) You complain about grammar, "This thread doesn't have it" is a horrible sentence to follow up with.
I see nothing wrong with the sentence (other than the lack of a period that you didn't copy). Are you objecting to the use of a pronoun?
~ chri d. d. /tʃɹɪ.di.di/ (Phonotactics, schmphonotactics) · she · Forum game scores
mittfh wrote:I wish this post was very quotable...

User avatar
Brooklynxman
Because I'm Awesome
Posts: 609
Joined: Tue Jan 20, 2009 4:27 pm UTC
Location: Here
Contact:

Re: The Eternal Flame War

Postby Brooklynxman » Sat Mar 27, 2010 9:47 am UTC

Just like a computer to swallow a huge response.

I commented that:
1. I did not seek to improve the grammar (though I did, not to perfection, but better then it was).
2. The reading comprehension of this thread is also apparently terrible.
We figure out what all this means, then do something large and violent

The thing about changing the world...once you do it the world's all different.

I'm Angel. I beat the bad guys.

Spoiler:
Image

User avatar
tastelikecoke
Posts: 1208
Joined: Mon Feb 01, 2010 7:58 am UTC
Location: Antipode of Brazil
Contact:

Re: The Eternal Flame War

Postby tastelikecoke » Sun Mar 28, 2010 6:03 am UTC

You posted in this retarded thread just to talk about grammar? why didn't your mother abort you, you retarded undeveloped cunt.

If you're going to be such a fucking ass whistler than just do us all a favor, delete your account, unplug your computer and set yourself on fire you asinine piece of inbred trash.(DemonicArc, 2010)

summer glau

User avatar
eggdudeguy
Posts: 9
Joined: Sun Jan 10, 2010 3:24 am UTC
Contact:

Re: The Eternal Flame War

Postby eggdudeguy » Sun Mar 28, 2010 1:47 pm UTC

I think the real question is why does Randall have such a well-documented crush on Summer Glau?
KrazyerKate wrote:While it's probably the strangest sounding advice I will ever give, we need to stay focused on Hardcore Pornography in order to be successful.


I have a Blog and I make Games. I also have a big multiplayer game in the works (coming soonish!).

User avatar
BigNose
Posts: 72
Joined: Thu Feb 18, 2010 2:45 pm UTC
Location: Swine's Down, UK

Re: The Eternal Flame War

Postby BigNose » Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:48 am UTC

Who doesn't?
That bitch is hot!
How can you not see that?
Are blind, stupid, limp?
Summer Glau is the new Lara Croft, just not all out front!
Not that she's got a big arse. I'm not saying that, but beats Jennie Lopez arse down.
Don't get me wrong, I'm not in to arses, I'm just saying . . .
I mean, if SG offerred her arse, I wouldn't take it.
NO!
That does not mean I'm gay, I just don't like girls bums.
SHIiiiiiiiT!
I meant ladies, females, definitely NOT girls.
(Did I get away with that?)
Adacore wrote:In all honesty, BigNose has been pinging me slightly with almost every post since the start of the game. But he always does - I was utterly convinced he was anti-town for most of Wizardry2 and he was the High Wizard. I just can't read him.


Return to “Forum Games”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 22 guests