What's your nearest real-world city?

For all your silly time-killing forum games.

Moderators: jestingrabbit, Moderators General, Prelates

doggitydogs

What's your nearest real-world city?

Postby doggitydogs » Sat Aug 13, 2011 7:15 am UTC

And then we can graph the results.

The rules:
  • The first post by each user must contain your nearest major city (over 100,000 population)
  • If you think of yourself as being closer to a different major city, post that as well. (see my entry for en example)
  • If you are absolutely, positively, directly in between two major cities, post both of them.
  • Just because it shows up on some map doesn't make it "major." For example, my town (population 1,075) shows up on my wall map of the US simply because they didn't have anything else to put there.
  • If you like, you can post the distance (direct path or by road) between you and the city center of your listed city.
  • If you like, you can post the population of the city that you choose.

My nearest major city is Kelowna, British Columbia (115 miles by road, population 106,707).
However, I live in the US and almost never go to Canada, so I consider myself more a part of Spokane, Washington (133 miles by road, population 208,916). I go there often; interestingly, it is the 100th largest city proper in the United States.

xX17GHDUDE17Xx

Re: What's your nearest real-world city?

Postby xX17GHDUDE17Xx » Sat Aug 13, 2011 8:37 am UTC

I live between two major cities apparently. Both Amarillo, TX and Pueblo, CO are 167 miles from my house (by road). I live in Springfield, CO, which is far in the southeast of the state.
"An eye for an eye leaves the whole world blind" -Ghandi

Wrong. All that does is eliminate humanity's depth perception.

EvilDuckie

Re: What's your nearest real-world city?

Postby EvilDuckie » Sat Aug 13, 2011 12:02 pm UTC

My nearest big city is Breda, The Netherlands, 18 km away. Incidentally, I was also born there. Dordrecht is only a little bit further, 19 km, but that's on "the other side" of the water, so a big cultural hurdle.

Oh, and doggitydogs, cartographers do hate embarassingly empty spaces on maps, so we appreciate towns like yours, saves us having to draw dragons and monsters and stuff... :D
Quack!

Return to “Forum Games”