- The first post by each user must contain your nearest major city (over 100,000 population)
- If you think of yourself as being closer to a different major city, post that as well. (see my entry for en example)
- If you are absolutely, positively, directly in between two major cities, post both of them.
- Just because it shows up on some map doesn't make it "major." For example, my town (population 1,075) shows up on my wall map of the US simply because they didn't have anything else to put there.
- If you like, you can post the distance (direct path or by road) between you and the city center of your listed city.
- If you like, you can post the population of the city that you choose.
My nearest major city is Kelowna, British Columbia (115 miles by road, population 106,707).
However, I live in the US and almost never go to Canada, so I consider myself more a part of Spokane, Washington (133 miles by road, population 208,916). I go there often; interestingly, it is the 100th largest city proper in the United States.