Nomy 1.0

For all your silly time-killing forum games.

Moderators: jestingrabbit, Moderators General, Prelates

orangedragonfire

Re: Nomy 1.0

Postby orangedragonfire » Thu Apr 19, 2012 11:45 pm UTC

careyhammer wrote:I have no idea what is going on in this Nomy game.

What is going on is that it is getting epic and poetic. Anyway, I'll have to penalize you 1 point for not deciding my motion, and 1 point for not deciding whether I manage to steal the dragon's beard. Now I'm going to have to copy all that... :(

I make a motion to give the dragon 50 hitpoints.

This is a motion
About which I write a new
Haiku to tell you

--

Shadows curl softly around the mountains
As I slip from the cover of the fountains
Quickly I leave the village behind me
Sneak to the cavern to see what I can see

The dragon lies seemingly fast asleep
Which means his beard is mine to keep
I grin with expectations of success
This will help help my plans progress

Suddenly a beam of silver moonlight
Breaks through the clouds and the night
It hits my sword and is reflected
To be cave, easy to be detected

The dragon blinks as he slowly wakes
His every movement an earthquake
I hide behind a tree and pray
That my life should not end today

The dragon searches for the reason
That woke him, an act he deems as treason
He stretches quick and flies away
His tormentor to find and slay

As the dragon passes by the tree
His tail is passing close to me
I grab a hold and hang on tight
As we fly on all through the night

Eventually the dragon returns home
The mighty cave surrounds us like a dome
The beast lays down and falls asleep
Lying on the floor like a large heap

I silently slip from where I'm hidden
The back of the beast where I've ridden
Softly I sneak to the dragon's face
Determined to end this endless chase

I draw my katana and cut his beard
That a dragon has a beard is weird
I leave the cave as quickly as I came
Unharmed by the dragon's deadly flame

cjquines

Postby cjquines » Fri Apr 20, 2012 3:41 am UTC

Attack accepted.
orangedragonfire has stolen the dragon's beard.

I am so confused
I do not understand
This game is so hard.

Rules
Spoiler:
§1 This game is called Nomy, and is a game of Nomic.
§2 Ninjas may make one motion to change the rules per post.
§3 Motions are decided by the next player who posts. They can either be accepted or refused.
§4 If a motion is accepted, the rules have to be updated in that post.
§5 Double Posting is forbidden.
§6 In order to reject a motion a ninja must provide a sound reason as to why they are rejecting it, which cannot be "to stop the motion-maker winning". If the reason given is not judged sound by the next ninja (who cannot be the motion maker), they can say so with "Not sound". At that point, the rejecter is considered to have broken the rules.
§7 All Ninjas in Nomy must be referred to as ninjas
§8 Ninjas who distinguish themselves positively within Nomy shall be referred to as Samurai. Ninjas with 7 or more tokens are considered positively distinguished within Nomy
§9 A post which passes a motion must include a correct table of tokens (the score must include the motion that was just passed)
§10 The score of a ninja is reduced by one token for each infraction of the rules they make. A ninja may only get 1 penalty for each post. The highest penalty shall be chosen as the one to be give. If there are more than 3 different causes for penalties in the post, the arbiter may set the penalty for the post.
§11 Refusals declared "not sound" are to be re-decided by the poster following the declaration of "not sound" who cannot be the original motion maker, original refuser, or the ninja who declared the reasoning "not sound".
§12 a Ninja shall not submit motions which promote the motion maker to Samurai status.
§13 On promotion to Samurai status, the ninja being promoted gains 5 bonus tokens as a reward. This reward shall be given 24 hours after the motion which grants the promotion is passed, provided that no motions overturn the award of Samurai status in that time. No ninja may recieve this bonus more than once.
§14 At no time shall there be more than 35 rules in effect. Motions passed once the motion limit has been reached will be considered denied until a pre-existing rule has been removed, at which point the 'denied' motion will come into effect.
§15 It is forbidden to make any motion that, when accepted, would prevent further changes to the ruleset.
§16 All motions must be accompanied by a 5-7-5 syllable haiku; any motion not thus accompanied shall be automatically rejected.
§17 The score in Nomy 1.0 shall be called tokens instead of points, so as to avoid confusion with Nomic 16.0
§18 Any ninja promoted to Samauri status need not give a sound reason to reject a motion.
§19 In order to win this game, you must be a samurai.
§20 Ninjas are allowed to guess the next poster a maximum of once per day. If they are correct, they gain a point, but if they are wrong they lose a point.
§21 Any player with -7 points or less shall be considered a pirate; all posts by pirates are to be ignored.
§22 All ninjas start with a Stick, and may pay tokens to upgrade it to the following: (you always need to have purchased the previous version to purchase the next) Wooden Sword for 1 token, Iron Sword for 2 tokens, Katana for 3 tokens.
§23 Ninjas must have at least an iron sword in order to become samurai.
§24 There is a dragon in this game. Whoever manages to slay the dragon shall become the winner of Nomy. You cannot attack the dragon unless you are a samurai, and you cannot harm the dragon unless there is a rule that allows it.
§25 Samurais can learn magic. Magic is the only thing that can hurt the dragon. The spells you may learn are: Fireball for 1 token, Lightning for 3 tokens, and Earthquake for 5 tokens. You may not learn a spell unless you have already learned the previous spell.
§26 Any weapon or ability capable of dealing damage to a dragon deals damage equal to the amount of tokens that the weapon or ability costs.
§27 In order to harm the dragon, you must first have stolen its beard.
§28 Any ninja may challange a Samarui to a duel in Nomic 16.0. If the ninja who proposed the duel wins, they will be considered positively distinguished within Nomy.
§29 In order to steal the dragons beard, you must write a poem or haiku describing how you attempt to do so. The next player must then decide whether you succeed or not. Upon succeeding to steal the beard, the player shall be awarded 3 tokens.

Tokens
Spoiler:
orangedragonfire 13 Katana, Samurai
aleph-null 5
Kyreles 4 Iron Sword
Story Weaver 3
Odilo 2 Wooden Sword
skellious 1
matt96 1
darknut 1
Miss Fortune 1
INt€rN€t WaNd€r€R -1
careyhammer -4

I make a motion, that whoever places the link to this game on his/her signature, earns 1 token.

orangedragonfire

Postby orangedragonfire » Fri Apr 20, 2012 4:21 pm UTC

Yeah, that happens... and Nomy 1.0 is specifically unforgiving if you get something wrong. Try Nomic 16.0, it takes much better care of new players =D

Motion automatically denied, as you didn't have a 5-7-5 haiku. (yours was 5-6-5)

You are penalized 1 token for not deciding my motion.

Players:
Spoiler:
orangedragonfire 13 Katana, Samurai
aleph-null 5
Kyreles 4 Iron Sword
Story Weaver 3
Odilo 2 Wooden Sword
skellious 1
matt96 1
darknut 1
Miss Fortune 1
cjquines -1
INt€rN€t WaNd€r€R -1
careyhammer -6
Last edited by orangedragonfire on Sat Apr 21, 2012 12:38 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.

Odilo

Postby Odilo » Sat Apr 21, 2012 4:40 am UTC

Motion accepted.

Rules:
Spoiler:
§3 Motions are decided by the next player who posts. They can either be accepted or refused.
§6 In order to reject a motion a ninja must provide a sound reason as to why they are rejecting it, which cannot be "to stop the motion-maker winning". If the reason given is not judged sound by the next ninja (who cannot be the motion maker), they can say so with "Not sound". At that point, the rejecter is considered to have broken the rules.
§8 Ninjas who distinguish themselves positively within Nomy shall be referred to as Samurai. Ninjas with 7 or more tokens are considered positively distinguished within Nomy
§9 A post which passes a motion must include a correct table of tokens (the score must include the motion that was just passed)
§10 The score of a ninja is reduced by one token for each infraction of the rules they make. A ninja may only get 1 penalty for each post. The highest penalty shall be chosen as the one to be give. If there are more than 3 different causes for penalties in the post, the arbiter may set the penalty for the post.
§11 Refusals declared "not sound" are to be re-decided by the poster following the declaration of "not sound" who cannot be the original motion maker, original refuser, or the ninja who declared the reasoning "not sound".
§12 a Ninja shall not submit motions which promote the motion maker to Samurai status.
§13 On promotion to Samurai status, the ninja being promoted gains 5 bonus tokens as a reward. This reward shall be given 24 hours after the motion which grants the promotion is passed, provided that no motions overturn the award of Samurai status in that time. No ninja may recieve this bonus more than once.
§14 At no time shall there be more than 35 rules in effect. Motions passed once the motion limit has been reached will be considered denied until a pre-existing rule has been removed, at which point the 'denied' motion will come into effect.
§15 It is forbidden to make any motion that, when accepted, would prevent further changes to the ruleset.
§16 All motions must be accompanied by a 5-7-5 syllable haiku; any motion not thus accompanied shall be automatically rejected.
§17 The score in Nomy 1.0 shall be called tokens instead of points, so as to avoid confusion with Nomic 16.0
§18 Any ninja promoted to Samauri status need not give a sound reason to reject a motion.
§20 Ninjas are allowed to guess the next poster a maximum of once per day. If they are correct, they gain a point, but if they are wrong they lose a point.
§21 Any player with -7 points or less shall be considered a pirate; all posts by pirates are to be ignored.
§22 All ninjas start with a Stick, and may pay tokens to upgrade it to the following: (you always need to have purchased the previous version to purchase the next) Wooden Sword for 1 token, Iron Sword for 2 tokens, Katana for 3 tokens.
§24 There is a dragon in this game. Whoever manages to slay the dragon shall become the winner of Nomy. You cannot attack the dragon unless you are a samurai, and you cannot harm the dragon unless there is a rule that allows it.
§25 Samurais can learn magic. Magic is the only thing that can hurt the dragon. The spells you may learn are: Fireball for 1 token, Lightning for 3 tokens, and Earthquake for 5 tokens. You may not learn a spell unless you have already learned the previous spell.
§26 Any weapon or ability capable of dealing damage to a dragon deals damage equal to the amount of tokens that the weapon or ability costs.
§28 Any ninja may challange a Samarui to a duel in Nomic 16.0. If the ninja who proposed the duel wins, they will be considered positively distinguished within Nomy.
§29 In order to steal the dragons beard, you must write a poem or haiku describing how you attempt to do so. The next player must then decide whether you succeed or not. Upon succeeding to steal the beard, the player shall be awarded 3 tokens
§30 The dragon has 50 hitpoints.

Tokens:
Spoiler:
orangedragonfire 14 Katana, Samurai
aleph-null 5
Kyreles 4 Iron Sword
Story Weaver 3
Odilo 2 Wooden Sword
skellious 1
matt96 1
darknut 1
Miss Fortune 1
cjquines -1
INt€rN€t WaNd€r€R -1
careyhammer -4

I make a motion that ninjas have a level. Their level is equal to the level of their sword (1 for stick, 2 for wooden sword, etc) plus the level of their magic (1 for fireball, 2 for lightning, 3 for earthquake).

Don't know what to write.
Maybe I'll just steal haikus
Like Fiery and Ky.
Odilo's List of Hatred:
1. Orangedragonfire - Cat-killer
2. Patzer - Traitor
3. Rupert Murdoch - cancelled Firefly

Byrel

Postby Byrel » Sat Apr 21, 2012 9:25 am UTC

Motion accepted
Rules:
Spoiler:
§29 In order to steal the dragons beard, you must write a poem or haiku describing how you attempt to do so. The next player must then decide whether you succeed or not. Upon succeeding to steal the beard, the player shall be awarded 3 tokens
§31 A ninja's level is equal to the sum of their maximum sword and spell levels.

Tokens:
Spoiler:
orangedragonfire 14 Katana, Samurai
aleph-null 5
Kyreles 4 Iron Sword
Story Weaver 3
Odilo 3 Wooden Sword
skellious 1
matt96 1
darknut 1
Miss Fortune 1
Byrel 0
cjquines -1
INt€rN€t WaNd€r€R -1
careyhammer -4

I make a motion that we change hitpoints from "equal to your score in the other game of Nomic" to "equal to max(5,your score in the other game of Nomic)" to accommodate those not playing the other game.

No finals to hate,
But work much longer hours.
Graduate Schooling.

orangedragonfire

Postby orangedragonfire » Sat Apr 21, 2012 12:42 pm UTC

Motion denied, as this would mean that you can never get below 5 hitpoints.

I make a motion that you start with 10 hitpoints if you are not in the other game of Nomic.

This is a motion
About which I write a new
Haiku to tell you

Odilo

Postby Odilo » Sat Apr 21, 2012 8:20 pm UTC

Motion accepted.

Rules:
Spoiler:
§31 A ninja's level is equal to the sum of their maximum sword and spell levels.
§32 Ninjas start with 10 hitpoints if they are not in the other game of Nomic.

Tokens:
Spoiler:
orangedragonfire 15 Katana, Samurai
aleph-null 5
Kyreles 4 Iron Sword
Story Weaver 3
Odilo 3 Wooden Sword
skellious 1
matt96 1
darknut 1
Miss Fortune 1
Byrel 0
cjquines -1
INt€rN€t WaNd€r€R -1
careyhammer -4

I make a motion that, instead of your score in the other Nomic game, your hitpoints are equal to 10 times your level.
Points in Nomic 16.0 change so often, I think it's going to be hard to keep track of hitpoints. Also, this will allow people who don't play the other Nomic to get more than 10 hitpoints.

I think I managed
To pass Quantum Mechanics.
Philosophy's next.
Odilo's List of Hatred:
2. Patzer - Traitor

matt96

Postby matt96 » Sun Apr 22, 2012 9:14 pm UTC

Motion denied
I have a better idea

I make a motion to change hitpoints to equal 5(x+1)-y
with x=number of tokens spent on increasing hitpoints
and y=number of hitpoints lost from taking damage

I hate poetry
I despise writing hiaku
I hate poetry

orangedragonfire

Postby orangedragonfire » Sun Apr 22, 2012 10:36 pm UTC

Motion accepted.

Rules:
Spoiler:
§32 Ninjas have hitpoints to equal 5(x+1)-y
and y=number of hitpoints lost from taking damage.

Tokens:
Spoiler:
orangedragonfire 15 Katana, Samurai
aleph-null 5
Kyreles 4 Iron Sword
Odilo 4 Wooden Sword
Story Weaver 3
skellious 1
matt96 1
darknut 1
Miss Fortune 1
Byrel 0
cjquines -1
INt€rN€t WaNd€r€R -1
careyhammer -6

I make a motion that any attack by the dragon shall deal damage reduced by the level of the player that it attacked.

Spring springs eternal
Hope flows in gentle streams now
This does not make sense

Odilo

Postby Odilo » Sun Apr 22, 2012 11:30 pm UTC

Passed.

I buy an Iron Sword for 2 tokens.

Rules:
Spoiler:
§33 Any attack by the dragon shall deal damage reduced by the level of the player that it attacked.

Tokens:
Spoiler:
orangedragonfire 16 Katana, Samurai
aleph-null 5
Kyreles 4 Iron Sword
Odilo 2 Iron Sword
Story Weaver 3
skellious 1
matt96 1
darknut 1
Miss Fortune 1
Byrel 0
cjquines -1
INt€rN€t WaNd€r€R -1
careyhammer -6

I make a motion that tokens may be bought from the Nomic game in the 'The Thread Necromancy Game' thread for 9 gold.

Haikus suck to write,
And they often don't make sense.
Refrigerator.
Odilo's List of Hatred:
2. Patzer - Traitor

orangedragonfire

Postby orangedragonfire » Mon Apr 23, 2012 12:28 am UTC

Motion accepted.

Rules:
Spoiler:
§33 Any attack by the dragon shall deal damage reduced by the level of the player that it attacked.
§34 Tokens may be bought from the Nomic game in the 'The Thread Necromancy Game' thread for 9 gold.

Tokens:
Spoiler:
orangedragonfire 16 Katana, Samurai
aleph-null 5
Kyreles 4 Iron Sword
Odilo 3 Iron Sword
Story Weaver 3
skellious 1
matt96 1
darknut 1
Miss Fortune 1
Byrel 0
cjquines -1
INt€rN€t WaNd€r€R -1
careyhammer -6

I make a motion that the dragon starts attacking a player if and only if that player attacks the dragon. Once such an attack has been made, however, the dragon shall attack that player once every third post in this thread.

Dragon is scary
Breathes fire and lots of smoke
We are all so doomed

Odilo

Postby Odilo » Mon Apr 23, 2012 3:26 am UTC

Accepted.

Rules:
Spoiler:
§34 Tokens may be bought from the Nomic game in the 'The Thread Necromancy Game' thread for 9 gold.
§35 The dragon starts attacking a player if and only if that player attacks the dragon. Once such an attack has been made, however, the dragon shall attack that player once every third post in this thread.

Tokens:
Spoiler:
orangedragonfire 17 Katana, Samurai
aleph-null 5
Kyreles 4 Iron Sword
Odilo 3 Iron Sword
Story Weaver 3
skellious 1
matt96 1
darknut 1
Miss Fortune 1
Byrel 0
cjquines -1
INt€rN€t WaNd€r€R -1
careyhammer -6

I make a motion to create a new spell: Heal. Heal can be bought for 4 tokens. You do not need to have any of the other spells to buy Heal. When used, this spell heals you of x hitpoints, where x is twice your level. Heal can be used a maximum of once per day.

This is a haiku
Truly, this is a haiku
This is a haiku.
Odilo's List of Hatred:
2. Patzer - Traitor

matt96

Postby matt96 » Mon Apr 23, 2012 3:38 am UTC

Motion failed as it doesn't follow rule 14

I make a motion to ammend rule 14 to set the maximum number of rules at 45 rather than the current maximum of 35

Haiku my haiku
Never steal my haiku
Haiku my haiku

orangedragonfire

Postby orangedragonfire » Mon Apr 23, 2012 3:43 am UTC

Motion denied. Having a low limit is a good thing; as people are intimidated by large rulesets and refuse to even try to join if it gets too large. Let's just try to clean up the rules instead.
(also, its 5-7-5 instead of 5-6-5)

I make a motion to combines rules 6 and 18.

Haiku my haiku
Do never steal my haiku
Haiku my haiku

(you totally asked for that)
Last edited by orangedragonfire on Mon Apr 23, 2012 3:43 am UTC, edited 1 time in total.

Odilo

Postby Odilo » Mon Apr 23, 2012 3:43 am UTC

Accepted.

Rules:
Spoiler:
§6 In order to reject a motion a ninja must provide a sound reason as to why they are rejecting it, which cannot be "to stop the motion-maker winning". If the reason given is not judged sound by the next ninja (who cannot be the motion maker), they can say so with "Not sound". At that point, the rejecter is considered to have broken the rules. Any ninja promoted to Samauri status need not give a sound reason to reject a motion.
§14 At no time shall there be more than 45 rules in effect. Motions passed once the motion limit has been reached will be considered denied until a pre-existing rule has been removed, at which point the 'denied' motion will come into effect.
§18 In order to win this game, you must be a samurai.
§19 Ninjas are allowed to guess the next poster a maximum of once per day. If they are correct, they gain a point, but if they are wrong they lose a point.
§20 Any player with -7 points or less shall be considered a pirate; all posts by pirates are to be ignored.
§21 All ninjas start with a Stick, and may pay tokens to upgrade it to the following: (you always need to have purchased the previous version to purchase the next) Wooden Sword for 1 token, Iron Sword for 2 tokens, Katana for 3 tokens.
§22 Ninjas must have at least an iron sword in order to become samurai.
§23 There is a dragon in this game. Whoever manages to slay the dragon shall become the winner of Nomy. You cannot attack the dragon unless you are a samurai, and you cannot harm the dragon unless there is a rule that allows it.
§24 Samurais can learn magic. Magic is the only thing that can hurt the dragon. The spells you may learn are: Fireball for 1 token, Lightning for 3 tokens, and Earthquake for 5 tokens. You may not learn a spell unless you have already learned the previous spell.
§25 Any weapon or ability capable of dealing damage to a dragon deals damage equal to the amount of tokens that the weapon or ability costs.
§26 In order to harm the dragon, you must first have stolen its beard.
§27 Any ninja may challange a Samarui to a duel in Nomic 16.0. If the ninja who proposed the duel wins, they will be considered positively distinguished within Nomy.
§28 In order to steal the dragons beard, you must write a poem or haiku describing how you attempt to do so. The next player must then decide whether you succeed or not. Upon succeeding to steal the beard, the player shall be awarded 3 tokens
§29 The dragon has 50 hitpoints.
§30 A ninja's level is equal to the sum of their maximum sword and spell levels.
§31 Ninjas have hitpoints to equal 5(x+1)-y
§32 Any attack by the dragon shall deal damage reduced by the level of the player that it attacked.
§33 Tokens may be bought from the Nomic game in the 'The Thread Necromancy Game' thread for 9 gold.
§34 The dragon starts attacking a player if and only if that player attacks the dragon. Once such an attack has been made, however, the dragon shall attack that player once every third post in this thread.

Tokens:
Spoiler:
orangedragonfire 18 Katana, Samurai
aleph-null 5
Kyreles 4 Iron Sword
Odilo 3 Iron Sword
Story Weaver 3
matt96 1
skellious 1
darknut 1
Miss Fortune 1
Byrel 0
cjquines -1
INt€rN€t WaNd€r€R -1
careyhammer -6

I make a motion to create a new spell: Heal. Heal can be bought for 4 tokens. You do not need to have any of the other spells to buy Heal. When used, this spell heals you of x hitpoints, where x is twice your level. Heal can be used a maximum of once per day.

Haiku my haiku
Never steal my haiku
Haiku my haiku
Odilo's List of Hatred:
2. Patzer - Traitor

matt96

Postby matt96 » Mon Apr 23, 2012 3:48 am UTC

Denied, 5-6-5

I make a motion that ninja'd who get ninja'd in a post are not to be held responcible for penalties incurred due to having incorrect information because of being ninja'd

My ninja edit
No rule is forbidding it
Adding a haiku

Odilo

Postby Odilo » Mon Apr 23, 2012 3:59 am UTC

Accepted.

Rules:
Spoiler:
§6 In order to reject a motion a ninja must provide a sound reason as to why they are rejecting it, which cannot be "to stop the motion-maker winning". If the reason given is not judged sound by the next ninja (who cannot be the motion maker), they can say so with "Not sound". At that point, the rejecter is considered to have broken the rules. Any ninja promoted to Samauri status need not give a sound reason to reject a motion.
§14 At no time shall there be more than 45 rules in effect. Motions passed once the motion limit has been reached will be considered denied until a pre-existing rule has been removed, at which point the 'denied' motion will come into effect.
§18 In order to win this game, you must be a samurai.
§19 Ninjas are allowed to guess the next poster a maximum of once per day. If they are correct, they gain a point, but if they are wrong they lose a point.
§20 Any player with -7 points or less shall be considered a pirate; all posts by pirates are to be ignored.
§21 All ninjas start with a Stick, and may pay tokens to upgrade it to the following: (you always need to have purchased the previous version to purchase the next) Wooden Sword for 1 token, Iron Sword for 2 tokens, Katana for 3 tokens.
§22 Ninjas must have at least an iron sword in order to become samurai.
§23 There is a dragon in this game. Whoever manages to slay the dragon shall become the winner of Nomy. You cannot attack the dragon unless you are a samurai, and you cannot harm the dragon unless there is a rule that allows it.
§24 Samurais can learn magic. Magic is the only thing that can hurt the dragon. The spells you may learn are: Fireball for 1 token, Lightning for 3 tokens, and Earthquake for 5 tokens. You may not learn a spell unless you have already learned the previous spell.
§25 Any weapon or ability capable of dealing damage to a dragon deals damage equal to the amount of tokens that the weapon or ability costs.
§26 In order to harm the dragon, you must first have stolen its beard.
§27 Any ninja may challange a Samarui to a duel in Nomic 16.0. If the ninja who proposed the duel wins, they will be considered positively distinguished within Nomy.
§28 In order to steal the dragons beard, you must write a poem or haiku describing how you attempt to do so. The next player must then decide whether you succeed or not. Upon succeeding to steal the beard, the player shall be awarded 3 tokens
§29 The dragon has 50 hitpoints.
§30 A ninja's level is equal to the sum of their maximum sword and spell levels.
§31 Ninjas have hitpoints to equal 5(x+1)-y
§32 Any attack by the dragon shall deal damage reduced by the level of the player that it attacked.
§33 Tokens may be bought from the Nomic game in the 'The Thread Necromancy Game' thread for 9 gold.
§34 The dragon starts attacking a player if and only if that player attacks the dragon. Once such an attack has been made, however, the dragon shall attack that player once every third post in this thread.
§35 Ninja'd who get ninja'd in a post are not to be held responsible for penalties incurred due to having incorrect information because of being ninja'd.

Tokens:
Spoiler:
aleph-null 5
Kyreles 4 Iron Sword
Odilo 3 Iron Sword
Story Weaver 3
matt96 2
skellious 1
darknut 1
Miss Fortune 1
Byrel 0
cjquines -1
INt€rN€t WaNd€r€R -1
careyhammer -6

I make a motion to combine rules 3 and 4.

This haiku does have
The right syllables per line
It's five seven five.
Odilo's List of Hatred:
2. Patzer - Traitor

orangedragonfire

Postby orangedragonfire » Mon Apr 23, 2012 4:09 am UTC

Accepted.

Rules:
Spoiler:
§3 Motions are decided by the next player who posts. They can either be accepted or refused. If a motion is accepted, the rules have to be updated in that post.
§4 Double Posting is forbidden.
§5 In order to reject a motion a ninja must provide a sound reason as to why they are rejecting it, which cannot be "to stop the motion-maker winning". If the reason given is not judged sound by the next ninja (who cannot be the motion maker), they can say so with "Not sound". At that point, the rejecter is considered to have broken the rules. Any ninja promoted to Samauri status need not give a sound reason to reject a motion.
§6 All Ninjas in Nomy must be referred to as ninjas
§7 Ninjas who distinguish themselves positively within Nomy shall be referred to as Samurai. Ninjas with 7 or more tokens are considered positively distinguished within Nomy
§8 A post which passes a motion must include a correct table of tokens (the score must include the motion that was just passed)
§9 The score of a ninja is reduced by one token for each infraction of the rules they make. A ninja may only get 1 penalty for each post. The highest penalty shall be chosen as the one to be give. If there are more than 3 different causes for penalties in the post, the arbiter may set the penalty for the post.
§10 Refusals declared "not sound" are to be re-decided by the poster following the declaration of "not sound" who cannot be the original motion maker, original refuser, or the ninja who declared the reasoning "not sound".
§11 a Ninja shall not submit motions which promote the motion maker to Samurai status.
§12 On promotion to Samurai status, the ninja being promoted gains 5 bonus tokens as a reward. This reward shall be given 24 hours after the motion which grants the promotion is passed, provided that no motions overturn the award of Samurai status in that time. No ninja may recieve this bonus more than once.
§13 At no time shall there be more than 45 rules in effect. Motions passed once the motion limit has been reached will be considered denied until a pre-existing rule has been removed, at which point the 'denied' motion will come into effect.
§14 It is forbidden to make any motion that, when accepted, would prevent further changes to the ruleset.
§15 All motions must be accompanied by a 5-7-5 syllable haiku; any motion not thus accompanied shall be automatically rejected.
§16 The score in Nomy 1.0 shall be called tokens instead of points, so as to avoid confusion with Nomic 16.0
§17 In order to win this game, you must be a samurai.
§18 Ninjas are allowed to guess the next poster a maximum of once per day. If they are correct, they gain a point, but if they are wrong they lose a point.
§19 Any player with -7 points or less shall be considered a pirate; all posts by pirates are to be ignored.
§20 All ninjas start with a Stick, and may pay tokens to upgrade it to the following: (you always need to have purchased the previous version to purchase the next) Wooden Sword for 1 token, Iron Sword for 2 tokens, Katana for 3 tokens.
§21 Ninjas must have at least an iron sword in order to become samurai.
§22 There is a dragon in this game. Whoever manages to slay the dragon shall become the winner of Nomy. You cannot attack the dragon unless you are a samurai, and you cannot harm the dragon unless there is a rule that allows it.
§23 Samurais can learn magic. Magic is the only thing that can hurt the dragon. The spells you may learn are: Fireball for 1 token, Lightning for 3 tokens, and Earthquake for 5 tokens. You may not learn a spell unless you have already learned the previous spell.
§24 Any weapon or ability capable of dealing damage to a dragon deals damage equal to the amount of tokens that the weapon or ability costs.
§25 In order to harm the dragon, you must first have stolen its beard.
§26 Any ninja may challange a Samarui to a duel in Nomic 16.0. If the ninja who proposed the duel wins, they will be considered positively distinguished within Nomy.
§27 In order to steal the dragons beard, you must write a poem or haiku describing how you attempt to do so. The next player must then decide whether you succeed or not. Upon succeeding to steal the beard, the player shall be awarded 3 tokens
§28 The dragon has 50 hitpoints.
§29 A ninja's level is equal to the sum of their maximum sword and spell levels.
§30 Ninjas have hitpoints to equal 5(x+1)-y
§31 Any attack by the dragon shall deal damage reduced by the level of the player that it attacked.
§32 Tokens may be bought from the Nomic game in the 'The Thread Necromancy Game' thread for 9 gold.
§33 The dragon starts attacking a player if and only if that player attacks the dragon. Once such an attack has been made, however, the dragon shall attack that player once every third post in this thread.
§34 Ninja'd who get ninja'd in a post are not to be held responsible for penalties incurred due to having incorrect information because of being ninja'd.

Tokens:
Spoiler:
aleph-null 5
Kyreles 4 Iron Sword
Odilo 4 Iron Sword
Story Weaver 3
matt96 2
skellious 1
darknut 1
Miss Fortune 1
Byrel 0
cjquines -1
INt€rN€t WaNd€r€R -1
careyhammer -6

I make a motion to remove rule 1.

We know it's Nomic
So the rule is mostly fluff
We can remove it

matt96

Postby matt96 » Mon Apr 23, 2012 4:12 am UTC

renumbering all the rules is going to be difficult from my iPod , but Accepted.

Rules:
Spoiler:
§3 Motions are decided by the next player who posts. They can either be accepted or refused; If a motion is accepted, the rules have to be updated in that post.
§5 In order to reject a motion a ninja must provide a sound reason as to why they are rejecting it, which cannot be "to stop the motion-maker winning". If the reason given is not judged sound by the next ninja (who cannot be the motion maker), they can say so with "Not sound". At that point, the rejecter is considered to have broken the rules. Any ninja promoted to Samauri status need not give a sound reason to reject a motion.
§7 Ninjas who distinguish themselves positively within Nomy shall be referred to as Samurai. Ninjas with 7 or more tokens are considered positively distinguished within Nomy
§8 A post which passes a motion must include a correct table of tokens (the score must include the motion that was just passed)
§9 The score of a ninja is reduced by one token for each infraction of the rules they make. A ninja may only get 1 penalty for each post. The highest penalty shall be chosen as the one to be give. If there are more than 3 different causes for penalties in the post, the arbiter may set the penalty for the post.
§10 Refusals declared "not sound" are to be re-decided by the poster following the declaration of "not sound" who cannot be the original motion maker, original refuser, or the ninja who declared the reasoning "not sound".
§11 a Ninja shall not submit motions which promote the motion maker to Samurai status.
§12 On promotion to Samurai status, the ninja being promoted gains 5 bonus tokens as a reward. This reward shall be given 24 hours after the motion which grants the promotion is passed, provided that no motions overturn the award of Samurai status in that time. No ninja may recieve this bonus more than once.
§13 At no time shall there be more than 35(45? Discrepancy due to ninja'd post) rules in effect. Motions passed once the motion limit has been reached will be considered denied until a pre-existing rule has been removed, at which point the 'denied' motion will come into effect.
§14 It is forbidden to make any motion that, when accepted, would prevent further changes to the ruleset.
§15 All motions must be accompanied by a 5-7-5 syllable haiku; any motion not thus accompanied shall be automatically rejected.
§16 The score in Nomy 1.0 shall be called tokens instead of points, so as to avoid confusion with Nomic 16.0
§18 Ninjas are allowed to guess the next poster a maximum of once per day. If they are correct, they gain a point, but if they are wrong they lose a point.
§19 Any player with -7 points or less shall be considered a pirate; all posts by pirates are to be ignored.
§20 All ninjas start with a Stick, and may pay tokens to upgrade it to the following: (you always need to have purchased the previous version to purchase the next) Wooden Sword for 1 token, Iron Sword for 2 tokens, Katana for 3 tokens.
§22 There is a dragon in this game. Whoever manages to slay the dragon shall become the winner of Nomy. You cannot attack the dragon unless you are a samurai, and you cannot harm the dragon unless there is a rule that allows it.
§23 Samurais can learn magic. Magic is the only thing that can hurt the dragon. The spells you may learn are: Fireball for 1 token, Lightning for 3 tokens, and Earthquake for 5 tokens. You may not learn a spell unless you have already learned the previous spell.
§24 Any weapon or ability capable of dealing damage to a dragon deals damage equal to the amount of tokens that the weapon or ability costs.
§25 In order to harm the dragon, you must first have stolen its beard.
§26 Any ninja may challange a Samarui to a duel in Nomic 16.0. If the ninja who proposed the duel wins, they will be considered positively distinguished within Nomy.
§27 In order to steal the dragons beard, you must write a poem or haiku describing how you attempt to do so. The next player must then decide whether you succeed or not. Upon succeeding to steal the beard, the player shall be awarded 3 tokens
§28 The dragon has 50 hitpoints.
§29 A ninja's level is equal to the sum of their maximum sword and spell levels.
§30 Ninjas have hitpoints to equal 5(x+1)-y
§31 Any attack by the dragon shall deal damage reduced by the level of the player that it attacked.
§32 Tokens may be bought from the Nomic game in the 'The Thread Necromancy Game' thread for 9 gold.
§33 The dragon starts attacking a player if and only if that player attacks the dragon. Once such an attack has been made, however, the dragon shall attack that player once every third post in this thread.
§34 Ninja'd who get ninja'd in a post are not to be held responsible for penalties incurred due to having incorrect information because of being ninja'd.

Tokens:
Spoiler:
aleph-null 5
Kyreles 4 Iron Sword
Odilo 4 Iron Sword
Story Weaver 3
matt96 2
skellious 1
darknut 1
Miss Fortune 1
Byrel 0
cjquines -1
INt€rN€t WaNd€r€R -1
careyhammer -6

I make a motion to combine rules 22, 25, and 27.

This haiku does have
The right syllables per line
It's five seven five.

Odilo

Postby Odilo » Mon Apr 23, 2012 4:35 am UTC

Accepted.

Rules:
Spoiler:
§3 Motions are decided by the next player who posts. They can either be accepted or refused; If a motion is accepted, the rules have to be updated in that post.
§13 At no time shall there be more than 35(45? Discrepancy due to ninja'd post) rules in effect. Motions passed once the motion limit has been reached will be considered denied until a pre-existing rule has been removed, at which point the 'denied' motion will come into effect.
§22 There is a dragon in this game. Whoever manages to slay the dragon shall become the winner of Nomy. You cannot attack the dragon unless you are a samurai, and you cannot harm the dragon unless there is a rule that allows it. In order to harm the dragon, you must first have stolen its beard. In order to steal the dragons beard, you must write a poem or haiku describing how you attempt to do so. The next player must then decide whether you succeed or not. Upon succeeding to steal the beard, the player shall be awarded 3 tokens.
§25 Any ninja may challange a Samarui to a duel in Nomic 16.0. If the ninja who proposed the duel wins, they will be considered positively distinguished within Nomy.
§26 The dragon has 50 hitpoints.
§27 A ninja's level is equal to the sum of their maximum sword and spell levels.
§28 Ninjas have hitpoints to equal 5(x+1)-y
§29 Any attack by the dragon shall deal damage reduced by the level of the player that it attacked.
§30 Tokens may be bought from the Nomic game in the 'The Thread Necromancy Game' thread for 9 gold.
§31 The dragon starts attacking a player if and only if that player attacks the dragon. Once such an attack has been made, however, the dragon shall attack that player once every third post in this thread.
§32 Ninja'd who get ninja'd in a post are not to be held responsible for penalties incurred due to having incorrect information because of being ninja'd.

Tokens:
Spoiler:
aleph-null 5
Kyreles 4 Iron Sword
Odilo 4 Iron Sword
Story Weaver 3
matt96 3
skellious 1
darknut 1
Miss Fortune 1
Byrel 0
cjquines -1
INt€rN€t WaNd€r€R -1
careyhammer -6

I make a motion to remove rule 15.

I'm sick of haikus
I no longer enjoy them
Can we please stop them?

They used to be fun
But I'm sick of writing them
We need to stop this.

Two haikus because they will (hopefully) be my last ones.
Odilo's List of Hatred:
2. Patzer - Traitor

orangedragonfire

Postby orangedragonfire » Mon Apr 23, 2012 4:59 am UTC

Motion denied; I like that it makes this Nomic poetic.

Seeing as my last motion became an offer to a ninja'd post and was ignored, I'll just repeat it here:

I make a motion to remove rule 1.

We know it's Nomic
So the rule is mostly fluff
We can remove it

matt96

Postby matt96 » Mon Apr 23, 2012 5:05 am UTC

Motion denied, without rule 1, according to the rules, this would no longer be nomy, and would not be a game of nomic

I make a motion to make the dragon multi-headed to allow more than one beard to grow on it, so we are not limited to only having one person who can damage the dragon

orangedragonfire

Postby orangedragonfire » Mon Apr 23, 2012 5:16 am UTC

Motion denied, since you have no haiku. But I like the idea.

Odilo

Postby Odilo » Mon Apr 23, 2012 9:22 pm UTC

I still have to write
Haikus for every motion
I'm very sad now.
Odilo's List of Hatred:
2. Patzer - Traitor

Byrel

Postby Byrel » Mon Apr 23, 2012 10:26 pm UTC

Motion Accepted.

Rules:
Spoiler:
§22 There is a dragon in this game. Whoever manages to slay the dragon shall become the winner of Nomy. You cannot attack the dragon unless you are a samurai, and you cannot harm the dragon unless there is a rule that allows it. In order to harm the dragon, you must first have stolen its beard. In order to steal the dragons beard, you must write a poem or haiku describing how you attempt to do so. The next player must then decide whether you succeed or not. Upon succeeding to steal the beard, the player shall be awarded 3 tokens.
§25 Any ninja may challange a Samarui to a duel in Nomic 16.0. If the ninja who proposed the duel wins, they will be considered positively distinguished within Nomy.
§27 A ninja's level is equal to the sum of their maximum sword and spell levels.
§29 Any attack by the dragon shall deal damage reduced by the level of the player that it attacked.
§30 Tokens may be bought from the Nomic game in the 'The Thread Necromancy Game' thread for 9 gold.
§31 The dragon starts attacking a player if and only if that player attacks the dragon. Once such an attack has been made, however, the dragon shall attack that player once every third post in this thread.
§32 Ninja'd who get ninja'd in a post are not to be held responsible for penalties incurred due to having incorrect information because of being ninja'd.
§33 A samurai can buy the spell "Heal" for 4 tokens. No other spells are required to purchase Heal. When used, this spell heals the samurai by twice their level. Heal can be used a maximum of once per day.

Tokens:
Spoiler:
aleph-null 5
Kyreles 4 Iron Sword
Odilo 5 Iron Sword
Story Weaver 3
matt96 3
skellious 1
darknut 1
Miss Fortune 1
Byrel 0
cjquines -1
INt€rN€t WaNd€r€R -1
careyhammer -6

I make a motion to merge rules 23 and 33.

The cause of unrest
And of poetical vibes
The word is haiku

Odilo

Postby Odilo » Mon Apr 23, 2012 11:15 pm UTC

Accepted.

Rules:
Spoiler:
§23 Samurais can learn magic. Magic is the only thing that can hurt the dragon. The spells you may learn are: Fireball for 1 token, Lightning for 3 tokens, and Earthquake for 5 tokens. You may not learn a spell unless you have already learned the previous spell. A samurai can buy the spell "Heal" for 4 tokens. No other spells are required to purchase Heal. When used, this spell heals the samurai by twice their level. Heal can be used a maximum of once per day.

Tokens:
Spoiler:
aleph-null 5
Kyreles 4 Iron Sword
Odilo 5 Iron Sword
Story Weaver 3
matt96 3
skellious 1
darknut 1
Miss Fortune 1
Byrel 1
cjquines -1
INt€rN€t WaNd€r€R -1
careyhammer -6

I make a motion to merge rules 5 and 10.

Haiku haiku hai-
Ku haiku haiku haiku
Haiku haiku duck.
Odilo's List of Hatred:
2. Patzer - Traitor

Byrel

Postby Byrel » Mon Apr 23, 2012 11:41 pm UTC

Accepted.

Rules:
Spoiler:
§5 In order to reject a motion a ninja must provide a sound reason as to why they are rejecting it, which cannot be "to stop the motion-maker winning". If the reason given is not judged sound by the next ninja (who cannot be the motion maker), they can say so with "Not sound". At that point, the rejecter is considered to have broken the rules. Any ninja promoted to Samauri status need not give a sound reason to reject a motion. Refusals declared "not sound" are to be re-decided by the poster following the declaration of "not sound" who cannot be the original motion maker, original refuser, or the ninja who declared the reasoning "not sound".
§10 a Ninja shall not submit motions which promote the motion maker to Samurai status.
§11 On promotion to Samurai status, the ninja being promoted gains 5 bonus tokens as a reward. This reward shall be given 24 hours after the motion which grants the promotion is passed, provided that no motions overturn the award of Samurai status in that time. No ninja may recieve this bonus more than once.
§12 At no time shall there be more than 35(45? Discrepancy due to ninja'd post) rules in effect. Motions passed once the motion limit has been reached will be considered denied until a pre-existing rule has been removed, at which point the 'denied' motion will come into effect.
§13 It is forbidden to make any motion that, when accepted, would prevent further changes to the ruleset.
§14 All motions must be accompanied by a 5-7-5 syllable haiku; any motion not thus accompanied shall be automatically rejected.
§15 The score in Nomy 1.0 shall be called tokens instead of points, so as to avoid confusion with Nomic 16.0
§16 In order to win this game, you must be a samurai.
§17 Ninjas are allowed to guess the next poster a maximum of once per day. If they are correct, they gain a point, but if they are wrong they lose a point.
§18 Any player with -7 points or less shall be considered a pirate; all posts by pirates are to be ignored.
§19 All ninjas start with a Stick, and may pay tokens to upgrade it to the following: (you always need to have purchased the previous version to purchase the next) Wooden Sword for 1 token, Iron Sword for 2 tokens, Katana for 3 tokens.
§20 Ninjas must have at least an iron sword in order to become samurai.
§21 There is a dragon in this game. Whoever manages to slay the dragon shall become the winner of Nomy. You cannot attack the dragon unless you are a samurai, and you cannot harm the dragon unless there is a rule that allows it. In order to harm the dragon, you must first have stolen its beard. In order to steal the dragons beard, you must write a poem or haiku describing how you attempt to do so. The next player must then decide whether you succeed or not. Upon succeeding to steal the beard, the player shall be awarded 3 tokens.
§22 Samurais can learn magic. Magic is the only thing that can hurt the dragon. The spells you may learn are: Fireball for 1 token, Lightning for 3 tokens, and Earthquake for 5 tokens. You may not learn a spell unless you have already learned the previous spell. A samurai can buy the spell "Heal" for 4 tokens. No other spells are required to purchase Heal. When used, this spell heals the samurai by twice their level. Heal can be used a maximum of once per day.
§23 Any weapon or ability capable of dealing damage to a dragon deals damage equal to the amount of tokens that the weapon or ability costs.
§24 Any ninja may challange a Samarui to a duel in Nomic 16.0. If the ninja who proposed the duel wins, they will be considered positively distinguished within Nomy.
§25 The dragon has 50 hitpoints.

Tokens:
Spoiler:
aleph-null 5
Kyreles 4 Iron Sword
Odilo 6 Iron Sword
Story Weaver 3
matt96 3
skellious 1
darknut 1
Miss Fortune 1
Byrel 1
cjquines -1
INt€rN€t WaNd€r€R -1
careyhammer -6

I make a motion to allow the dragon's beard to grow back after 48 hours. This will not prevent any possessors of old dragon beards from harming the dragon.

Grow orchids on trees.
Or mix pipe, grep, sed and awk.
Haiku and Nomic.

orangedragonfire

Postby orangedragonfire » Tue Apr 24, 2012 3:38 pm UTC

Accepted.

Rules:
Spoiler:
§5 In order to reject a motion a ninja must provide a sound reason as to why they are rejecting it, which cannot be "to stop the motion-maker winning". If the reason given is not judged sound by the next ninja (who cannot be the motion maker), they can say so with "Not sound". At that point, the rejecter is considered to have broken the rules. Any ninja promoted to Samauri status need not give a sound reason to reject a motion. Refusals declared "not sound" are to be re-decided by the poster following the declaration of "not sound" who cannot be the original motion maker, original refuser, or the ninja who declared the reasoning "not sound".
§10 a Ninja shall not submit motions which promote the motion maker to Samurai status.
§11 On promotion to Samurai status, the ninja being promoted gains 5 bonus tokens as a reward. This reward shall be given 24 hours after the motion which grants the promotion is passed, provided that no motions overturn the award of Samurai status in that time. No ninja may recieve this bonus more than once.
§12 At no time shall there be more than 35(45? Discrepancy due to ninja'd post) rules in effect. Motions passed once the motion limit has been reached will be considered denied until a pre-existing rule has been removed, at which point the 'denied' motion will come into effect.
§13 It is forbidden to make any motion that, when accepted, would prevent further changes to the ruleset.
§14 All motions must be accompanied by a 5-7-5 syllable haiku; any motion not thus accompanied shall be automatically rejected.
§15 The score in Nomy 1.0 shall be called tokens instead of points, so as to avoid confusion with Nomic 16.0
§17 Ninjas are allowed to guess the next poster a maximum of once per day. If they are correct, they gain a point, but if they are wrong they lose a point.
§18 Any player with -7 points or less shall be considered a pirate; all posts by pirates are to be ignored.
§19 All ninjas start with a Stick, and may pay tokens to upgrade it to the following: (you always need to have purchased the previous version to purchase the next) Wooden Sword for 1 token, Iron Sword for 2 tokens, Katana for 3 tokens.
§21 There is a dragon in this game. Whoever manages to slay the dragon shall become the winner of Nomy. You cannot attack the dragon unless you are a samurai, and you cannot harm the dragon unless there is a rule that allows it. In order to harm the dragon, you must first have stolen its beard. In order to steal the dragons beard, you must write a poem or haiku describing how you attempt to do so. The next player must then decide whether you succeed or not. Upon succeeding to steal the beard, the player shall be awarded 3 tokens.
§22 Samurais can learn magic. Magic is the only thing that can hurt the dragon. The spells you may learn are: Fireball for 1 token, Lightning for 3 tokens, and Earthquake for 5 tokens. You may not learn a spell unless you have already learned the previous spell. A samurai can buy the spell "Heal" for 4 tokens. No other spells are required to purchase Heal. When used, this spell heals the samurai by twice their level. Heal can be used a maximum of once per day.
§23 Any weapon or ability capable of dealing damage to a dragon deals damage equal to the amount of tokens that the weapon or ability costs.
§24 Any ninja may challange a Samarui to a duel in Nomic 16.0. If the ninja who proposed the duel wins, they will be considered positively distinguished within Nomy.
§33 The dragon's beard grows back after 48 hours. This will not prevent any possessors of old dragon beards from harming the dragon.

Tokens:
Spoiler:
aleph-null 5
Kyreles 4 Iron Sword
Odilo 6 Iron Sword
Story Weaver 3
matt96 3
Byrel 2
skellious 1
darknut 1
Miss Fortune 1
cjquines -1
INt€rN€t WaNd€r€R -1
careyhammer -6

I make a motion to allow people to use the Heal spell on other people, not just themselves.

I don't really own
a kettle so I feel not
one way or other

Kyreles

Postby Kyreles » Tue Apr 24, 2012 7:41 pm UTC

Accepted.

Rules:
Spoiler:
§22 Samurais can learn magic. Magic is the only thing that can hurt the dragon. The spells you may learn are: Fireball for 1 token, Lightning for 3 tokens, and Earthquake for 5 tokens. You may not learn a spell unless you have already learned the previous spell. A samurai can buy the spell "Heal" for 4 tokens. No other spells are required to purchase Heal. When used, this spell heals the samurai by twice their level. Heal can be used a maximum of once per day. The Heal spell can be used on others.
§33 The dragon's beard grows back after 48 hours. This will not prevent any possessors of old dragon beards from harming the dragon.

Tokens:
Spoiler:
orangedragonfire 19 Katana, Samurai
Odilo 6 Iron Sword
aleph-null 5
Kyreles 4 Iron Sword
Story Weaver 3
matt96 3
Byrel 2
skellious 1
darknut 1
Miss Fortune 1
cjquines -1
INt€rN€t WaNd€r€R -1
careyhammer -6

I move that rule §14 be changed to the following: "Any motion may be accompanied by a 5-7-5 syllable haiku; any motion thus accompanied will grant the proposer an additional point if the motion is accepted, and if the ninja who passed the motion declares the Haiku to be original or creative. He may do so by saying complimenting the Haiku and accurately recording the additional point in the table of tokens. Any Haiku which has been posted in this thread before adaption of this rule is not original or creative, nor one which has been posted more than once since.

I like the Haikus
but you guys seem to repeat
be more creative!
In compliance with rule §05.02 this signature may be construed as a promotion of Nomic 16.0

orangedragonfire

Postby orangedragonfire » Tue Apr 24, 2012 8:29 pm UTC

Motion denied. You claim my haikus this far aren't creative? Betrayal! Oh, the humanity! Woe is me and my little dog, too! (note: I do not actually have a little dog.)

I move that rule §14 be changed to the following: All motions must be accompanied by a 5-7-5 syllable haiku which has not been posted in this thread before; any motion not thus accompanied shall be automatically rejected.

matt96

Postby matt96 » Tue Apr 24, 2012 8:35 pm UTC

motion automatically rejected, you forgot a haiku

I make a motion to remove rule §14, as it is just getting in the way of making motions

I hope this passes
not orangedragonfire
choosing rejection

orangedragonfire

Postby orangedragonfire » Tue Apr 24, 2012 8:44 pm UTC

MOTION DENIED!

I move that rule §14 be changed to the following: All motions must be accompanied by a 5-7-5 syllable haiku which has not been posted in this thread before; any motion not thus accompanied shall be automatically rejected.

Won't let you get rid
Of the haikus we have here
So there. Ha ha ha.

Kyreles

Postby Kyreles » Tue Apr 24, 2012 8:54 pm UTC

Just wanna clear this up. orange dragon fire. 2+2+1. it's 5 syllables. Not 6. So yeah.

I will abstain. Let someone else vote this thing. I like the haikus, but think that some people view it as a hassle or obstruction. I'd like them to be optional, but don't want people just copy/pasting the same haiku over and over to get some reward for doing it.

I won't force haikus
but orangedragonfire's right
is he gonna win?
In compliance with rule §05.02 this signature may be construed as a promotion of Nomic 16.0

Odilo

Postby Odilo » Tue Apr 24, 2012 9:24 pm UTC

Accepted. I guess if we're going to keep the haikus, we should make them original. There's not really any point keeping them if people are just going to copy and paste the same ones over and over.

I bought a token for 9 gold in the TTNG thread.
I become a Samurai and gain 5 points.

Ky, fire can be pronounced with one or two syllables.

Rules:
Spoiler:
§14 All motions must be accompanied by a 5-7-5 syllable haiku which has not been posted in this thread before; any motion not thus accompanied shall be automatically rejected.
§22 Samurais can learn magic. Magic is the only thing that can hurt the dragon. The spells you may learn are: Fireball for 1 token, Lightning for 3 tokens, and Earthquake for 5 tokens. You may not learn a spell unless you have already learned the previous spell. A samurai can buy the spell "Heal" for 4 tokens. No other spells are required to purchase Heal. When used, this spell heals the samurai by twice their level. Heal can be used a maximum of once per day. The Heal spell can be used on others.

Tokens:
Spoiler:
orangedragonfire 20 Katana, Samurai
Odilo 12 Iron Sword, Samurai
aleph-null 5
Kyreles 4 Iron Sword
Story Weaver 3
matt96 3
Byrel 2
skellious 1
darknut 1
Miss Fortune 1
cjquines -1
INt€rN€t WaNd€r€R -1
careyhammer -6

I make a motion that we are at war with the Nomic game in the TTNG thread. You are allowed to be on both sides of the war.

Can no longer steal
Haikus from other people
Must now write my own.
Odilo's List of Hatred:
2. Patzer - Traitor

orangedragonfire

Postby orangedragonfire » Tue Apr 24, 2012 9:37 pm UTC

Accepted.

I learn Fireball for 1 token.
I learn Lightning for 3 tokens.
I learn Earthquake for 5 tokens.
I learn Heal for 4 tokens.

Rules:
Spoiler:
§14 All motions must be accompanied by a 5-7-5 syllable haiku which has not been posted in this thread before; any motion not thus accompanied shall be automatically rejected.
§34 We are at war with the Nomic game in the TTNG thread. You are allowed to be on both sides of the war.

Tokens:
Spoiler:
Odilo 13 Iron Sword, Samurai
orangedragonfire 7 Katana, Samurai, Earthquake, Heal
aleph-null 5
Kyreles 4 Iron Sword
Story Weaver 3
matt96 3
Byrel 2
skellious 1
darknut 1
Miss Fortune 1
cjquines -1
INt€rN€t WaNd€r€R -1
careyhammer -6

I make a motion that the dragon is on TTNG's side of the war. This should be added to rule 34 instead of being a new rule.

It's original
This haiku was not seen yet
Also I am great.

Odilo

Postby Odilo » Tue Apr 24, 2012 9:52 pm UTC

Accepted.

I buy a katana for 3 gold.
I learn Heal for 4 gold.

Rules:
Spoiler:
§34 We are at war with the Nomic game in the TTNG thread. You are allowed to be on both sides of the war. The dragon is on TTNG's side of the war.

Tokens:
Spoiler:
orangedragonfire 8 Katana, Samurai, Earthquake, Heal
Odilo 6 Katana, Samurai, Heal
aleph-null 5
Kyreles 4 Iron Sword
Story Weaver 3
matt96 3
Byrel 2
skellious 1
darknut 1
Miss Fortune 1
cjquines -1
INt€rN€t WaNd€r€R -1
careyhammer -6

I make a motion to train flying monkeys to help us in the war. TTNG has a dragon and a computer. I know we're ninjas, but I still think we should get some help.

I cannot reuse
Haikus I already wrote
I must write new ones.
Odilo's List of Hatred:
2. Patzer - Traitor

orangedragonfire

Postby orangedragonfire » Wed Apr 25, 2012 12:50 am UTC

Accepted. This is getting weird...

Rules:
Spoiler:
§34 We are at war with the Nomic game in the TTNG thread. You are allowed to be on both sides of the war. The dragon is on TTNG's side of the war.
§35 We can train flying monkeys to help us in the war.

Tokens:
Spoiler:
Odilo 7 Katana, Samurai, Heal
aleph-null 5
Kyreles 4 Iron Sword
Story Weaver 3
matt96 3
Byrel 2
skellious 1
darknut 1
Miss Fortune 1
cjquines -1
INt€rN€t WaNd€r€R -1
careyhammer -6

I make a motion to amend rule 35 to the extend that training flying monkeys requires making an original poem or haiku about how you train them. They next poster may then decide whether this grants 1, 2 or 3 monkeys; and for an exceptionally good poem/haiku a bonus token may be granted.

Fly, fly, my pretties
Hunt, find and fight the dragon
So that we may win

matt96

Postby matt96 » Wed Apr 25, 2012 4:18 am UTC

Rejected
We already have a lot of poetry requiring rules, and flying monkies obviously respond better to bribes of banannas than poetic training

I make a motion to amend rule 35 to read:
We can bribe flying monky mercenaries to help us in the war using banannas; banannas may be purchased in the following increments:
5 banannas for 1 token
12 banannas for 2 tokens
100 banannas for 15 tokens

My haiku is here
Not forgotten like the past
Here is my haiku

orangedragonfire

Postby orangedragonfire » Wed Apr 25, 2012 4:23 am UTC

Accepted. This is getting weirder...

Rules:
Spoiler:
§35 We can bribe flying monky mercenaries to help us in the war using banannas; banannas may be purchased in the following increments:
5 banannas for 1 token
12 banannas for 2 tokens

Tokens:
Spoiler:
aleph-null 5
Kyreles 4 Iron Sword
matt96 4
Story Weaver 3
Byrel 2
skellious 1
darknut 1
Miss Fortune 1
cjquines -1
INt€rN€t WaNd€r€R -1
careyhammer -6

I make a motion to combine rules 2 and 3.

They take up some space
Which we are going to need
For more new motions

Odilo

Postby Odilo » Wed Apr 25, 2012 4:47 am UTC

orangedragonfire wrote:This is getting weird...

orangedragonfire wrote:This is getting weirder...

I believe 'awesome' and 'awesomer' are the words you're looking for.

Motion accepted.

Rules:
Spoiler:
§2 Ninjas may make one motion to change the rules per post. Motions are decided by the next player who posts. They can either be accepted or refused; If a motion is accepted, the rules have to be updated in that post.
§3 Double Posting is forbidden.
§4 In order to reject a motion a ninja must provide a sound reason as to why they are rejecting it, which cannot be "to stop the motion-maker winning". If the reason given is not judged sound by the next ninja (who cannot be the motion maker), they can say so with "Not sound". At that point, the rejecter is considered to have broken the rules. Any ninja promoted to Samauri status need not give a sound reason to reject a motion. Refusals declared "not sound" are to be re-decided by the poster following the declaration of "not sound" who cannot be the original motion maker, original refuser, or the ninja who declared the reasoning "not sound".
§5 All Ninjas in Nomy must be referred to as ninjas
§6 Ninjas who distinguish themselves positively within Nomy shall be referred to as Samurai. Ninjas with 7 or more tokens are considered positively distinguished within Nomy
§7 A post which passes a motion must include a correct table of tokens (the score must include the motion that was just passed)
§8 The score of a ninja is reduced by one token for each infraction of the rules they make. A ninja may only get 1 penalty for each post. The highest penalty shall be chosen as the one to be give. If there are more than 3 different causes for penalties in the post, the arbiter may set the penalty for the post.
§9 a Ninja shall not submit motions which promote the motion maker to Samurai status.
§10 On promotion to Samurai status, the ninja being promoted gains 5 bonus tokens as a reward. This reward shall be given 24 hours after the motion which grants the promotion is passed, provided that no motions overturn the award of Samurai status in that time. No ninja may recieve this bonus more than once.
§11 At no time shall there be more than 35(45? Discrepancy due to ninja'd post) rules in effect. Motions passed once the motion limit has been reached will be considered denied until a pre-existing rule has been removed, at which point the 'denied' motion will come into effect.
§12 It is forbidden to make any motion that, when accepted, would prevent further changes to the ruleset.
§13 All motions must be accompanied by a 5-7-5 syllable haiku which has not been posted in this thread before; any motion not thus accompanied shall be automatically rejected.
§14 The score in Nomy 1.0 shall be called tokens instead of points, so as to avoid confusion with Nomic 16.0
§15 In order to win this game, you must be a samurai.
§16 Ninjas are allowed to guess the next poster a maximum of once per day. If they are correct, they gain a point, but if they are wrong they lose a point.
§17 Any player with -7 points or less shall be considered a pirate; all posts by pirates are to be ignored.
§18 All ninjas start with a Stick, and may pay tokens to upgrade it to the following: (you always need to have purchased the previous version to purchase the next) Wooden Sword for 1 token, Iron Sword for 2 tokens, Katana for 3 tokens.
§19 Ninjas must have at least an iron sword in order to become samurai.
§20 There is a dragon in this game. Whoever manages to slay the dragon shall become the winner of Nomy. You cannot attack the dragon unless you are a samurai, and you cannot harm the dragon unless there is a rule that allows it. In order to harm the dragon, you must first have stolen its beard. In order to steal the dragons beard, you must write a poem or haiku describing how you attempt to do so. The next player must then decide whether you succeed or not. Upon succeeding to steal the beard, the player shall be awarded 3 tokens.
§21 Samurais can learn magic. Magic is the only thing that can hurt the dragon. The spells you may learn are: Fireball for 1 token, Lightning for 3 tokens, and Earthquake for 5 tokens. You may not learn a spell unless you have already learned the previous spell. A samurai can buy the spell "Heal" for 4 tokens. No other spells are required to purchase Heal. When used, this spell heals the samurai by twice their level. Heal can be used a maximum of once per day. The Heal spell can be used on others.
§22 Any weapon or ability capable of dealing damage to a dragon deals damage equal to the amount of tokens that the weapon or ability costs.
§23 Any ninja may challange a Samarui to a duel in Nomic 16.0. If the ninja who proposed the duel wins, they will be considered positively distinguished within Nomy.
§24 The dragon has 50 hitpoints.
§25 A ninja's level is equal to the sum of their maximum sword and spell levels.
§26 Ninjas have hitpoints to equal 5(x+1)-y
§27 Any attack by the dragon shall deal damage reduced by the level of the player that it attacked.
§28 Tokens may be bought from the Nomic game in the 'The Thread Necromancy Game' thread for 9 gold.
§29 The dragon starts attacking a player if and only if that player attacks the dragon. Once such an attack has been made, however, the dragon shall attack that player once every third post in this thread.
§30 Ninja'd who get ninja'd in a post are not to be held responsible for penalties incurred due to having incorrect information because of being ninja'd.
§31 The dragon's beard grows back after 48 hours. This will not prevent any possessors of old dragon beards from harming the dragon.
§32 We are at war with the Nomic game in the TTNG thread. You are allowed to be on both sides of the war. The dragon is on TTNG's side of the war.
§33 We can bribe flying monky mercenaries to help us in the war using banannas; banannas may be purchased in the following increments:
5 banannas for 1 token
12 banannas for 2 tokens

Tokens:
Spoiler:
orangedragonfire 9 Katana, Samurai, Earthquake, Heal
aleph-null 5
Kyreles 4 Iron Sword
matt96 4
Story Weaver 3
Byrel 2
skellious 1
darknut 1
Miss Fortune 1
cjquines -1
INt€rN€t WaNd€r€R -1
careyhammer -6

I make a motion that 1 banana gets you an untrained monkey, 3 bananas gets you a partially trained monkey, and 5 bananas get you a fully trained monkey.

Monkeys need training
So they don't bite your head off.
That wouldn't be good.
Odilo's List of Hatred:
2. Patzer - Traitor

Return to “Forum Games”