Choose your own adventure BOOK/game(different)

For all your silly time-killing forum games.

Moderators: jestingrabbit, Moderators General, Prelates

User avatar
Maseiken
The Candylawyer
Posts: 2827
Joined: Sat May 19, 2007 11:13 am UTC

Choose your own adventure BOOK/game(different)

Postby Maseiken » Wed Aug 01, 2007 9:11 am UTC

Ok, I was inspired by the other thread but this is different,
basically we're making a classic choose your own adventure book, but each post is a seperate page, on each post you can refer back to a previous post or to a post that has not yet been made. (please number each post to avoid confusion)

remember that the priority is TO MAKE A GOOD STORY.

e.g
Post 1 wrote:Post 1
You are in a bar, there are several men around, one of which is beckoning to you meaningfully(POST 4), there is also a bathroom(POST 2) and a Piano with a man in front of it(POST 12)
Post 2 wrote:Post 2
The bathroom is foul, and you almost vomit at the smell from one of the cubicles, You COULD check to see what's in there(POST 3), but you probably should just go back into the bar (POST 1)
Post 3 wrote:Post 3
You recoil in horror as a horrific corpse rolls out of the cubicle and almost knocks you over as it falls down, the cubicle door having previously been holding it up, you could run from the bar, towards the police stationyou passed on the way here(POST 13) or attempt to call an ambulance(POST 6)

Post 4 wrote:Post 4
The man winks at you as you apporach the table and points to the chair opposite him, he leans close to and whispers the words "Bathroom... cubicle... corpse." before rocking back on his chair and laughing uproarously, as he does so his chair is lifted to the point of almost tipping, You could, Check his claim in the bathroom(POST 2) attempt to tip his chair (POST 14) or beat a hasty retreat(POST 1)

etc, etc, etc...


I'm curous to see how it turns out, I imagine it will be quite difficult to keep track, that's why it'd be great if anyone with time could try and post some corrections. If your post is a number that doesn't have a link to it yet, just post some small scene and someone else might link to it later, also, just because a Post has already been used, it doesn't mean it can't be used again, just try and hold up continuity (Mods would be good for that)
(An inventory would be cool, but would make it even harder to keep track of (You'd have to give seperate options in many cases of whether they have an item or not))

(Also, posting a "YOUR ADVENTURE IS OVER" is fine, but don't just stick it in for no reason, only put it in if it's actually most likely that they're pretty much dead (Or they've succeeded of course))

(Humour is fine, but again, keep it logical, don't just jump randomly...)

(The 'We're adults now and it's our turn to decide what that means" factor is a big thing here, sexiness is ok, just don't go overboard)

(remember, social standings are meaningless in CYOA books, it's like WoW reps, Friendly, hostile or neutral)

(If you want, quote the post you've linked from, but it shouldn't be necessary or practical)

So... I'll start shall I?
---------------------------------------
Post 1:You have heard many claims of the sasquatch living in your area, but you've never really had any evidence other than third hand accounts of encounters with the beast.

Then one day, Jimmy, your best friend ventured out into the wilderness, and he hasn't come back, so you've decided to head out an get him.
You and your other best friend Cassandra have gone out to look for him. It's cold outisde so you both decided to take a 4wd as far as you could out into the wilderness, but now it's 10 pm and the car has mysteriously died, even worse, it looks like a Blizzard is building up (did I not mention the snow?)

You could, try and sleep in the car in an attempt to stay warm until daybreak, when you can check the engine more safely (POST 4), get out right now and try to fix the car (POST 2), set out together, in an attempt to find Jimmy or somewhere to stay 'til the storm blows over (POST 3), or split up, again to find Jimmy or some nearby buildings(POST 6)
"GRRRRRRRRRROOOOOOOOWR!!!!"
(Translation: "Objection!")

Maseiken had the ball at the top of the key...

User avatar
pollywog
Let's party like it's my postcount
Posts: 1999
Joined: Sat May 12, 2007 10:10 am UTC
Location: Coolest little capital in the world
Contact:

Postby pollywog » Wed Aug 01, 2007 10:18 am UTC

Post 2: You take your toolbox from the back seat and pop the hood. You can immediately see that a hose has split, and is leaking a whitish, semen-like fluid everywhere. (BTW this car is haunted. This will become important later in the story.) Cassandra is sitting in the front passenger seat whining like the little bitch she is. It is very cold.

You may: Teach Cassandra a lesson (Post 13), get back in the car and try to not die from cold (Post 4), set out together to find Jimmy or shelter (Post 3), or split up to find Jimmy or shelter (Post 6).
Last edited by pollywog on Thu Aug 02, 2007 5:19 am UTC, edited 1 time in total.
suffer-cait wrote:hey, guys?
i'm fucking magic

User avatar
SoapyHobo
Soap. It's, uhh, not actually that good
Posts: 990
Joined: Mon Apr 02, 2007 9:07 am UTC
Location: Liverpool, England
Contact:

Postby SoapyHobo » Wed Aug 01, 2007 10:49 am UTC

Post 3: You get Cassandra to help you unpack your gear from the car and set off into the wilderness in search of Jimmy. You don't get far before you realize you're lost, the blizzard preventing you from seeing far in any direction. The cold is already starting to get to you, Cassandra seems to be less troubled by it, you sink deeper into your clothes worrying about Jimmy...

Should you:

Set up camp where you are and wait till the blizzard stops POST 5
Continue your search for Jimmy or shelter POST 7
Attempt to get back to your car POST 8
Jack Saladin wrote:Goddamn that's an awesome ****, Soapy. Once they get around to making artificial **** and I replace my crappy original ones, I'm gonna make mine look like that.

Xias
Posts: 363
Joined: Mon Jul 23, 2007 3:08 am UTC
Location: California
Contact:

Postby Xias » Wed Aug 01, 2007 4:36 pm UTC

Post 4: Over the next hour or so, you are both fine, but soon the cold creeps in on you. Without the car's heater or any blankets (you forgot blankets), you are both quite sure to freeze.

"We should probably climb into the back seat and keep each other warm."

Cassandra's words seem to warm you up. Knowing that it's your only chance for survival, you both lay down on the back seat, wrapping your bodies around each other. Before you know it, you are both sound asleep.

You wake up just as dawn comes; Cassandra is still asleep. Do you:

Wake up Cassandra (POST 14)
Go back to sleep, it's too damn early (POST 9)
Lay there and enjoy the presence of your best female friend, who seems particularly beautiful in the morning light... (POST 11)
Last edited by Xias on Thu Aug 02, 2007 5:21 pm UTC, edited 3 times in total.

User avatar
Maseiken
The Candylawyer
Posts: 2827
Joined: Sat May 19, 2007 11:13 am UTC

Postby Maseiken » Thu Aug 02, 2007 7:26 am UTC

((I think it's interesting seeing the different opinions on Cassandra... :P))
Post 5:
As you and Cassandra set up the small tent, she looks up, and around, apparently having heard something, but when asked she dismisses it as "Just the wind"

A few hours later, as the Blizzard dies down, Cassandra is sound asleep somehow, but you can't help but hear a slight shuffling, as if someone or someTHING were approaching the tent...

You could,
stay in the tent and pretend nothing happened, enjoying the silent company (POST 20), Wake up Cassandra(POST 15), or Leave Cassandra and go investigate (POST 6).
"GRRRRRRRRRROOOOOOOOWR!!!!"
(Translation: "Objection!")

Maseiken had the ball at the top of the key...

User avatar
pollywog
Let's party like it's my postcount
Posts: 1999
Joined: Sat May 12, 2007 10:10 am UTC
Location: Coolest little capital in the world
Contact:

Postby pollywog » Fri Aug 03, 2007 8:53 am UTC

Post 6 You look at the snow around you. It is white. You can see: a tree, some tracks leading away from you, a decrepit barn. The wind has picked up suddenly, but you think you can hear the noise coming from the barn. The barn is red.

You may: Walk towards the tree (Post 10), follow the tracks (Post 12), or walk towards the barn (Post 19).
suffer-cait wrote:hey, guys?
i'm fucking magic

User avatar
Maseiken
The Candylawyer
Posts: 2827
Joined: Sat May 19, 2007 11:13 am UTC

Postby Maseiken » Sat Aug 04, 2007 2:25 am UTC

Post 7 As you walk through the blistering cold, you suddenly realise that Cassandra is much further ahead than you thought, you call out to her, but her shape is already indistinct amongst the swirling storm around you. You call out to her but she doesn't appear to notice,

You could,
Try and catch up to her (POST 21)
Stay where you are and keep calling her back (POST 13)
or head out on your own, you've long since lost the location of the car (POST 6)
"GRRRRRRRRRROOOOOOOOWR!!!!"
(Translation: "Objection!")

Maseiken had the ball at the top of the key...


Return to “Forum Games”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 28 guests