Philadelphia Area Attendees

For discussion of group meetings in the meat-o-sphere.

Moderators: LE4dGOLEM, Moderators General, Prelates

albert

Philadelphia Area Attendees

Postby albert » Sun Jul 22, 2007 5:46 pm UTC

I'm planning on heading up to Boston the day before via Chinatown bus. It's 6 hours total, stopping in New York for $30.

Who else is going from Philly? It would be nice to travel together.
Last edited by albert on Mon Jul 23, 2007 3:33 am UTC, edited 1 time in total.

skyo

Postby skyo » Sun Jul 22, 2007 11:53 pm UTC

I live in Philadelphia but go to college in Boston, so I'll already be up there for the meetup. So I don't really have anything to add to this thread. But I thought I'd say hi to a fellow Philadelphia resident ;-)

I've taken the Greyhound bus to and from Boston before and it's not too bad a ride. Well, it was the first time I did, but that was Thanksgiving weekend (yeah, I'm never doing that again). The only really annoying part of the ride is changing buses in the NYC Port Authority bus terminal, which is like a maze to me. I don't know how the Chinatown buses compare, or whether or not they go through the terminal too. The important part is that it'll get you there, and for cheap. ;-)

Anyway, I'll look forward to seeing ya in Beantown ;-)
floop.

japanese_jew

Postby japanese_jew » Mon Jul 23, 2007 2:09 am UTC

I live in Philadelphia, I might do that. The problem is that I'm a little young for a hotel (don't think that they give rooms out to people below the age of 18 (21 too, for the record) and don't know anyone in Boston. Hypothetically speaking, if I were to share a room (or two rooms) with someone over the age of 18, they probably wouldn't have a problem with it, but then, my parents might. So . . . at this point, probably my best bet is either getting a school group to go with, or going with a parent, in which case I wouldn't be taking the bus anyway, probably.

However, if there's someone willing to share a room with a child (I'd think you were crazy, but I'd love you forever), sixteen years old, then cool. PM me, please.

Urbal T

Postby Urbal T » Mon Jul 23, 2007 11:08 am UTC

japanese_jew wrote:I live in Philadelphia, I might do that. The problem is that I'm a little young for a hotel (don't think that they give rooms out to people below the age of 18 (21 too, for the record) and don't know anyone in Boston. Hypothetically speaking, if I were to share a room (or two rooms) with someone over the age of 18, they probably wouldn't have a problem with it, but then, my parents might. So . . . at this point, probably my best bet is either getting a school group to go with, or going with a parent, in which case I wouldn't be taking the bus anyway, probably.

However, if there's someone willing to share a room with a child (I'd think you were crazy, but I'd love you forever), sixteen years old, then cool. PM me, please.

When I was 16, which wasn't too long ago, I booked rooms in hotels in Boston. I suggest calling up a few hotels in the area if you're unsure.
Fnord is evaporated herbal tea without the herbs.

japanese_jew

Postby japanese_jew » Mon Jul 23, 2007 2:11 pm UTC

Neat, I'll try that.

Swordfish
Weathermaaaaaaan!

Postby Swordfish » Thu Jul 26, 2007 4:45 am UTC

Hey this sounds like it could be a good idea, I'm getting a little more confident about being able to go since I (finally) have a job.
"If I had a nickel for every time I was wrong, I'd be broke." Stephen Colbert

arrgh406

Postby arrgh406 » Sat Jul 28, 2007 3:59 am UTC

yeah, this is cool to see other people in my area (sort of area)

near glenside, gimme a shout-out

magoni

whoah..

Postby magoni » Wed Sep 05, 2007 6:17 pm UTC

i like how i know two of the people who posted here, but they don't know each other.

japanese_jew, we could always share a room or get rides up or something with arrgh406.. he's a friend of mine, and vice-versa, arrgh. if you guys are going up that would be cool.
-magoni

edit:
it also occurs to me we could stay at my aunt/uncle's apartment, (they live in boston) though it might be odd bringing two friends who they don't know to consume their food and such.

plunkettt

Postby plunkettt » Fri Sep 14, 2007 4:40 pm UTC

I'm repping Horsham, and Drexel University.
Looks like I'll already be up there starting on Friday, but I'll be Chinatown-bussing it back the same as the rest of you on Sunday...

japanese_jew

Postby japanese_jew » Fri Sep 14, 2007 8:41 pm UTC

Chinatown bus doesn't run past something like 12, and the public transportation I'm going to be taking doesn't run past . . . eleven thirty or so, so I'm probably leaving Boston at roughly 5-6.

Return to “XKCD Meetups”