Creationism documentary AMA

For the discussion of the sciences. Physics problems, chemistry equations, biology weirdness, it all goes here.

Moderators: gmalivuk, Moderators General, Prelates

sevenperforce

Creationism documentary AMA

Postby sevenperforce » Tue Dec 13, 2016 9:50 pm UTC

Hey all!

137Films is a Chicago-based film company that makes films about science and science education, and they've just recently announced We Believe In Dinosaurs, a film about the religious creationist organization that has built a life-size replica of the mythical Noah's Ark in northern Kentucky and teaches that the world is only 6000 years old.

Since I used to be a creationist and used to write for Answers In Genesis before getting my degree in physics and going on to speak out on behalf of science, I'm one of the major subjects of the film. Tomorrow, on December 14, one of the codirectors and I will be hosting a Reddit AMA about the film and about creationism and science in general. Here's the link​​​​​​​; the AMA is scheduled from 1 PM to 2 PM. Hope to see some of you there!

-DM

Sableagle
Ormurinn's Alt

Re: Creationism documentary AMA

Postby Sableagle » Wed Dec 14, 2016 9:52 am UTC

sevenperforce wrote:AMA is scheduled from 1 PM to 2 PM. Hope to see some of you there!
Can't make it. I'll be at work ... or getting ready for work, if you mean Vietnamese time ... or actually I can make it but shouldn't because I might get too p____d off to sleep, if you mean Pacific time ... or I'll already be in bed, if you mean Alaskan time.

What time zone is Reddit in?
Oh, Willie McBride, it was all done in vain.

sevenperforce

Re: Creationism documentary AMA

Postby sevenperforce » Wed Dec 14, 2016 1:23 pm UTC

Sableagle wrote:
sevenperforce wrote:AMA is scheduled from 1 PM to 2 PM. Hope to see some of you there!
Can't make it. I'll be at work ... or getting ready for work, if you mean Vietnamese time ... or actually I can make it but shouldn't because I might get too p____d off to sleep, if you mean Pacific time ... or I'll already be in bed, if you mean Alaskan time.

What time zone is Reddit in?

It's 1-2 PM EST, sorry.

Return to “Science”