is wolfam alpha geting worse ?

For the discussion of the sciences. Physics problems, chemistry equations, biology weirdness, it all goes here.

Moderators: gmalivuk, Moderators General, Prelates

brötchen

is wolfam alpha geting worse ?

Postby brötchen » Wed Aug 04, 2010 4:50 pm UTC

is it just me or is wolfram alpha getting stupider ? i while ago i tried to figure out how many lumens 1 watt of green light (i think it was around 530nm) was it worked on the first try and the formulation was something like : "1watt monochromatic light 530nm" now if i type that into wolfram alpha all it recognizes is 530nm .... also awhile ago i was able to change units and scales on diagrams now that's not possible anymore all you can do is change between metric and imperial system sometimes not even that. there are more things that seem to have stopped working what is going on here ? Its really anoying me because I liked wolfram alpha a lot and now it just doesn't seem to do what I want it to

Mavrisa

Re: is wolfam alpha geting worse ?

Postby Mavrisa » Thu Aug 05, 2010 10:47 pm UTC

I have noticed that actually... It used to be able to take around 10 different calculations based on things it would have to look up at once so long as you worded it well enough. I forget what I tried the other day, but I was really disappointed to find that it decided to choose one thing to focus on, and what it chose wasn't even relevant to my query...
"I think nature's imagination is so much greater than man's, she's never gonna let us relax."

Return to “Science”