Who the dickens are you?

Things that don't belong anywhere else. (Check first).

Moderators: Moderators General, Prelates, Magistrates

Geo Mandell

Re: INTRO THREAD THE THIRD

Postby Geo Mandell » Tue Jun 24, 2008 2:17 pm UTC

Greetings, one and all...

My name is Ken (or Kenny, Kenneth, or "Hey, you behind the bushes"), I'm 21, male, I live in the Hagers-ghetto region of Maryland; I'm a computer nerd, but know only enough about math to find the 80% of xkcd that is math humorous; I love pretty much any and all kinds of music, I game, I RP (Dnd, World of Darkness, roaming through Wal-Mart while talking in a scottish brogue), I OSX86, I work with CAD software (Computer Aided Design, for the unknowing), I read (R.A. Salvatore, Jess Lebow, J.K. Rowling, Christopher Paolini, Ed Greenwood and the like...), I write poetry on the odd occasion, I text way too much, I do voices, I love humour, and I use way too many commas when I type.

Did I forget anything?

I <3 Shadows

Postby I <3 Shadows » Tue Jun 24, 2008 3:20 pm UTC

Hey to all,

My name's Rob and I've been reading XKCD since Line Width came out but have only recently actually entered the forums. The only reason I found out about XKCD was because I actually broke up with a girl named Emily the day that comic came out and several of my friends confronted me to ask if I wrote the comic. I clearly don't make the comic but feel like there's more then one of the comics that runs paraelle to my life. I'm a 21 year old Mechanical Engineering student who was born in NY, who goes to the University of Rhode Island, and is currently working at an internship out in IL. I've spent good chunks of time visiting family in Germany and have traveled to a few of Germany's neighboring countries. I like to travel, but I don't like being away from my friends for longer then a month. I'm always up for a new adventure no matter how big or small it might be.

I joined the forum in hopes of meeting new people and getting other people opinions on things such as books and movies.
“If you don't know where you are going, you will probably end up somewhere else.”
“In spite of the cost of living, it's still popular.”
Laurence J. Peter
Always be wary of any helpful item that weighs less than its operating manual. -Terry Pratchett

Blast

Postby Blast » Tue Jun 24, 2008 7:37 pm UTC

Hello, I'm a 28 year old programmer that reads forums when I'm bored and need something that's not as obviously un-work as, say, web comics or flash games. I lurk a lot but occasionally pop up to say something, or in the case of slashdot to try for a +5 funny. These are clearly the best forums in which to waste time - the internet forum standard if you will - with the exception being any dwarf fortress thread ever. Anyway, I figured I had passed my abnormally high threshold for the amount of time spent lurking in forums before I register.
My name is Vadinho. I'm an onion.

Teamsmash

Re: INTRO THIRD THE THREAD

Postby Teamsmash » Tue Jun 24, 2008 8:57 pm UTC

Hi,

My name is Daniel and I'm eighteen. I live in Texas and will begin college at the University of Texas at Dallas in August, studying computer science and possibly some cognitive science which I haven't decided on yet. I successfully completed the IB program in high school and have, as a result, learned new and innovative ways to effectively procrastinate.

Intellectually, I'm mostly interested in computer, quantum, nano, and cognitive sciences, philosophy, and clever uses of language. I love to learn about how things work.

Generally, I like video games of the RPG, action, and adventure genre and like to think I'm pretty good at them. Chrono Trigger is still the best RPG ever made.
If you always watch your step, you'll never see where you're heading.

IronyandParadox

Postby IronyandParadox » Wed Jun 25, 2008 6:20 am UTC

Hokay, see, I registered and I posted. In December. Then I (for some odd reason or another) decided that being on the fora (I so want to use the proper Latin form for that, but that doesn't feel right to my English-speaking sensibilities...but "fora" doesn't feel right to my Latin-nerd side...aargh *is consumed by conflicting thoughts* Erm...where was I? Oh, sorry.) was probably detrimental to my grades and health, so I went away. Except not really, since I wound up lurking anyway. I've just been rather quiet since I decided to stay away from the fora, so I'm thinking that I need to re-introduce myself, as I plan on posting more (Others: Aahhh! No! Oh god, no! Do not inflict yourself upon us!).

I'm IronyandParadox, occasionally called Lara. I'm a girl. I'm 17 (Look, mommy! I've grown since I last introduced myself!). I live in northern Virginia. I go to a high school where you're outcast if you haven't heard of xkcd. I'm a Latin nerd.

Aaand since I'm a lazy-butt, I'm going to copy and paste the intro I wrote earlier (which I had copied and pasted from something I had written even earlier...)
They call me ma'am. I put two spaces after periods. I wear a teapot charm on my necklace. I'm really a five year old. I'm crazy. Someday I'm going to become a private pilot because I'm not crazy enough to skydive. I like mythology and culture. I only write in fragmented thoughts sometimes, but now is one of those times. I'm sorry. They say I apologize too much. How am I supposed to reply? With an apology? How could I possibly be normal when my definition of normality is equivalent weight per L? Really, I'm a very uninteresting person. That's all you need to know.

Addendum based on re-reading my post: I abuse parentheses.
Forsan et haec olim meminisse iuvabit.

Sparv

Postby Sparv » Wed Jun 25, 2008 9:12 am UTC

Merry Christmas! :wink:

I am not really good at introduction. I'm 22, student in an engineering school. I am French.

I am not a long time reader of xkcd, I discovered it six months ago. The funny thing was that my computer science teacher read it too... That make xkcd fun and USEFUL. Yep, xkcd is useful. Example: last week, my teacher asked "You weren't very good two days ago" and I answered "Yes, I missed the Ballmer Peak by a few %". This fora looks full of strangeness and fun, so I decided to give it a try.

Now, my hobbies. I spend a lot of time on my computer. An awful lot of time. I play games a lot (if it exists, I'm going to post in the Mass Effect thread). When I'm not in front of my computer, I row or I practice kendo. I'm part of a small group of computer addicts in my school. We even have our own sweatshirts, mine is of a nice blue, in HTML it's #0000AA... Yes, the blue of the BSoD.

I hate introductions, so I'll stop it there.

PS: my true firstname: I'm Ronan, don't try to say it, that's a french native speakers only thing.
PPS: is there a "post your picture thread"?
EDIT: nevermind, I found it.
Shit happens

John O)))

Postby John O))) » Wed Jun 25, 2008 12:23 pm UTC

Hey there. I'm a long time xkcd reader that is apparently lacking in the realm of observation, as I never noticed this site had a forum. I figure anyone who has the audacity to follow a comic as ludicrously awesome as xkcd must have similar quarks, so here I am.

I was originally drawn to the strip because of the frequency in which I could relate. I didn't think anyone else in the world walked across tiled floors like that. The mannerisms expressed throughout mirror my own to the point where it became eerie. Whether this is a sign of like-minded intellects or widely unspoken conformity, I'm not sure, but the point is I'm hooked to this comic.

A little about myself, I'm an Astrophysics major at Ohio University and am starting a blag chronicling my collegiate endeavors, no matter if they be academic or social. I intend for it to be a guide for up and coming science nerds like myself so that they know just what to expect when becoming a scientist.

And also, despite my rather non-colloquial speech so far, I tend to be a pretty laid back dude. Most of the time you'll probably find me making a complete jackass of myself.

Hopefully I end up staying here, as I have a tendency to lose interest in forums. However, after browsing around I don't think that's going to happen.

AaronD

Postby AaronD » Wed Jun 25, 2008 6:08 pm UTC

Hello! 16/M/Okla

This is from my Facebook, and here is a pic of me: http://www.flickr.com/photos/aaron-/2484864858/
I'm Aaron, and I'm lame! I like programming and web/graphic design. I also like video games, I have a PS3 and a Wii. My favorite games are Metal Gear Solid 4, Resistance: Fall of Man, and Uncharted: Drake's Fortune. I play online shooters like Call of Duty 4. I like anything that's new technology. I've studied C++ programming for a few months now, along with a few other computer science fields. I'm also pretty good at graphic design. I'm just plain better than you because I'm a Mac user, haha. I think the iPhone is the best device to ever come out of Cupertino, it was worth every cent. I think that scene/emo chicks are hot. I don't drink/smoke. I don't see the point in it. I want to go to MIT and study Computer Sciences; but there's not a chance in hell of that happening so I'll settle for Okla U. or Okla S.U. When I get out of college I want to be a software engineer. I'm very smart when I give a damn, but that's seldom so I appear to be dumb most of the time.

xkcdia

Postby xkcdia » Wed Jun 25, 2008 10:09 pm UTC

I aways loved xkcd, and was lurking on Drawball and saw our efforts there get wiped out by the giant white line vandals. I got curious as to how the xkcd logo was being organized, and found the forums. Now I can't wait to help more with the logo and spend more time on the forums.

random_kitty

Postby random_kitty » Wed Jun 25, 2008 10:29 pm UTC

Hello

I did make a post last night and another this morning but I guess I should have started in this thread.

I am a 25 year old female from New Zealand. I have noticed there are other Kiwis posting on this forum.

I have been reading xkcd about a year now - catching up with the back catalogue in a huge marathon that started with a friend sending me a single link. I would like to say my life could be summarised as featuring romance, sarcasm, math, and language - but alas - there is not much romance to be had. Especially in NZ were there is no dating culture!
"Love is an ugly business my friend - yet we live for it" Se04Ep02 Boston Legal

@trophy wrote:"Confidence" is just waiting to experience negative outcomes in real life instead of rehearsing them in your head beforehand.

kleingordon

Postby kleingordon » Wed Jun 25, 2008 10:42 pm UTC

Hi,
I'm from the US, and I'm a college student majoring in physics and math. This comic has been an important part of my life for at least a year now, and I have put off registering for far too long. I'm looking forward to talking to you!

marshmallow

Postby marshmallow » Thu Jun 26, 2008 2:55 am UTC

Hello, I'm marshmallow

I'm a vegetarian, I am in love with science, I read an extraordinary amount, and I love to write.
I am also absolutely addicted to these comics :].

poleboy

Postby poleboy » Thu Jun 26, 2008 1:06 pm UTC

Martin, 27. Denmarkian.

Science is fun! Don't know much about it, but I do some programming and web design. Planning to make a living of it too, if all goes well.
Fortunately these forums are big, so I can still frolic in some of the more random threads. I do enjoy reading the science threads (especially when theoretical nitpicking ensues) but I probably won't be posting there much.
I like most of the traditional geek fare, such as games, books, comics, unpopular or underrated TV and such.

And bacon. I like bacon too.

skullturf

Postby skullturf » Thu Jun 26, 2008 4:07 pm UTC

Hi everyone. I'm 34 and I live in Toronto. I've been reading xkcd for a long time, and I registered a while ago, but yesterday I posted in the forums for the first time.

My post then disappeared. What's going on? Was it because I didn't post in the intro thread first?

Can my post be resurrected, or am I going to have to try to remember and re-type it?

Jack Saladin
X is kiss

Postby Jack Saladin » Thu Jun 26, 2008 10:47 pm UTC

Read the rules.

hawkfangor

Postby hawkfangor » Fri Jun 27, 2008 5:53 am UTC

Hello, My name is Hawk.
I've been reading this comic for a long time, but I'm not an avid lurker of forums, so this is really my first time here. I just wanted to say something about the current strip, so I made an account. I most likely will never visit the forum again unless another strip inspires me enough to comment on it. If you want to talk to me, though, I'm almost always on AIM SN: hawkfangor (I do often leave AIM on while I am afk or out of the house, so if you don't get an immediate reply, it's probably just because I'm not there.) Also, I keep weird hours because I live in Hawaii and my timezone is so off from the rest of the civilized world.
Also, I am addicted to FFXI (Aviance on Pandemonium) so, if you're on Pandy, feel free to drop me a /tell!
Other than that, I'm fairly uninteresting.
I think that's all I have to say.

Photosynthetic

Postby Photosynthetic » Fri Jun 27, 2008 6:22 am UTC

Hi, all. I'm Photosynthetic. Yes, that's meant as a joke and a username: I do, in fact, tend to wilt without ample sunlight. I climb trees, read, draw, sing, write, write music, study (philosophy and botany primarily), game, ride bicycles, and occasionally lose touch with reality altogether. It's a good life. I've been reading xkcd for a few years now, and decided to join the forums because xkcd's "Boom de yada" is too delightful for me to let go unremarked -- the straw that broke the camel's back. Nice to meet everyone!
"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."
--Voltaire, attributed

.Taylor.

Postby .Taylor. » Fri Jun 27, 2008 6:23 am UTC

Why hello, I didn't see you there.
I'm Taylor.

I got into xkcd from a friend of mine who thought it was hilarious. Turns out he was right. It is. So I figured I'd join, have fun, make friends, spam my own comic. You know, the usual. -spam +shameless plug.

I'm a semi-professional actor for the University of Colorado. I run websites in a few different areas. Some of which I've completely coded myself. (Others I just maintain). I'm an Architecture student (if you're an engineer, don't hate me). I love playing the piano and am currently working with my good friend to pump out some music, so keep your ears open. (Ha! As if you could close them. Good one).

I'm in love with a girl. Seriously.

Questions?

Rakysh

Postby Rakysh » Fri Jun 27, 2008 5:09 pm UTC

Hello.

I'm Sam, a 14 year old student from Birmingham, England. Boredom lead me to xkcd via wikipedia, and I loved it, so I spent about four DT lessons looking through it from the first page. I joined cos I quit the last forum I frequented a while ago, and am bored out my skull, so expect you all to entertain me. *imperious glare*

I'll probably frequent the gaming, school and general forii most, as they interest me. That is all.

brianez21

Postby brianez21 » Fri Jun 27, 2008 10:19 pm UTC

Last edited by brianez21 on Sat Jun 15, 2013 1:11 am UTC, edited 1 time in total.

V477

Postby V477 » Sat Jun 28, 2008 1:45 am UTC

I found out about this place from the logo on drawball.com, and you guys seemed pretty cool so I decided to stick around.

Well anyways...My name is Matt and I'm 14. I got my user name from the leet spelling of my name (V)477. I just took out the parentheses in case I need to throw them at someone (and mainly because you cant use them in usernames). Don't worry though, I won't use any leet speak on the boards because I myself find it quite annoying and can't think of any reason that someone would take the time to type it out unless to announce that they are a complete douche bag. Oh, more about me. I just finished my sophmore year in high school and am the youngest one in my grade. I'm also really shy but love to talk to people, I just can't find the courage to approach them. I am currently taking a four year engineering class that my school offers. The first two years are taken at the high school, and the final two are taught on a college campus. So now I only take 3 classes at school and then spend the other half of the day doing something I love. Oh yeah, I have always been fascinated with computers and have been reading books about them since I got my first library card. However, I just started learning about programming this summer (python right now). I spend most of my time on the internet either learning things or drawing on drawball ( I heart infinite ink).

Thats about all I can think of right now.

mamagotcha

Postby mamagotcha » Sat Jun 28, 2008 2:01 am UTC

Greetings. I'm a 45yo mother of four (20, 17, 14 and 3), all homeschooled via the geek-immersion system. The two youngest, my sweetie (PhD in biology, specializing in genetics) and I all live in Kansas City, MO. (Yes, that means I'm married to an evolutionary biologist in Missouri. You can imagine how popular we are.)

I love baking and boardgames, am a member of the National Puzzlers' League and the International Jugglers' Association, and enjoy knitting and braiding hair... for instance, I did all the braids at a recent steampunk wedding.

When I must make money, I do it as a writer, editor and journalist. Or as a massage therapist. Or sometimes as a doula. Or perhaps as a hair braider. Then again, as a graphic artist. In other words... I'm still not quite sure what I'm going to be if/when I grow up.

Longtime xkcd fan, new to the fora.

Katje

ArchangelShrike
Rodan's Title

Postby ArchangelShrike » Sat Jun 28, 2008 2:07 am UTC

Welcome to all that joined! Now go out and cause polite havoc on the boards, make sure you've tested them all out to know which one you like best.

TomatoBlue

Postby TomatoBlue » Sat Jun 28, 2008 8:59 am UTC

H-Hi. Hi der.
I'm BlueTomato, usually referred to as Iggeh. Sometimes by herself. I try to act like a grown-up on the forums, but will often lapse into a horrible, horrible display of action symbols, third person, lolcatspeek, and gigglesnorting. For this, I sincerely apologize.
I abuse the return key.
(And parentheses, but I blame that on an abusive grammar instructor.)
Iggeh doesn't think you're the least bit interested in her age, musical interests, education, or favorite colors, so she'll refrain from posting that. Besides, everyone on the internet is a rapist.
If I'm annoying you, just tell me, and I'll shut my trap immediately.
+Flees+

SeaBiscuit

Postby SeaBiscuit » Sat Jun 28, 2008 11:08 am UTC

Hi. I found xkcd a few months ago and have shadowed the forums for a while. I'm going to college this fall as a computer science major. I'm good with c++ and im learning python on my own. I'm from the seattle area (for now). I guess thats about it. I don't think I'll post too much. only if I feel strongly or have a question.

Ivy

Postby Ivy » Sat Jun 28, 2008 12:12 pm UTC

Hi all.

I'm a 22 year old European girl. This pretty much covers A/S/L. As for other random things about me.. I am currently trying to sell a mobile phone. It's not going well, seems everybody's got one already. :mrgreen: I like the colour red. I LOVE the sea, though this year I'll spend just a bit of my time on the sea side since I have to work. I'm a student and I'm a pretty lazy one. I should be studying right now, but instead I'm reading xkcd comic. I'm not a native speaker and I appreciate it when people correct my grammar. As for the spelling, it's usually typos.

I'm out of ideas, so I'll warp this up.
Bye all. :)

SecondRing

Postby SecondRing » Sat Jun 28, 2008 7:30 pm UTC

Hello! My name is Cassie. I'm 21 and an Okie from Muskogee, but I'm currently living on-campus in Tulsa, OK. When I'm not in class or on the internet, I like geocaching, reading, hanging out in pubs, and confusing bystanders. I somehow wound up collecting PEZ dispensers. I have bad taste in music and worse taste in clothing, but so long as I have fun with both, I don't really care. Even though I'm an English major, I'm learning how to code, slowly. I tend to use too many commas.

Zinc Elemental

Postby Zinc Elemental » Sat Jun 28, 2008 10:08 pm UTC

Hi, I'm Jed. I've read xkcd for several forevers but have never looked at the forums before (the Discovery Channel song comic today made me so happy that I had to say something to someone). I'm 17 and will be a senior in the fall. I love math, physics, and computer science. I hope to major in physics in college. in my free time I like to obsess over videogames like DDR and SSB: Brawl. I make an attempt to be social, though.

Sorry for being so boring. >_<

crawford60

Postby crawford60 » Sat Jun 28, 2008 11:08 pm UTC

Hello everyone.

I've read xkcd for over a year, and finally decided to join the forums. My name is Andy, and I'm a student at the Indiana University of Pennsylvania, I should graduate in May '09 with a B.S. in Chemistry. I enjoy videogames and reading up on technology. In my spare time, I'm trying to teach myself to program but progress is slow.

cycoden

Postby cycoden » Sun Jun 29, 2008 2:03 am UTC

G'day! My names Josh, I live in Melbourne and I'm 26. I did science at uni and I'm now working for an environmental consulting firm.

I like doing things that appear to defy gravity.
VectorZero wrote:SEXUAL INTERCOURSE DISGUSTS ME!
Spoiler:
Bulvox wrote:This is probably one of the few times that I'll agree with Cycoden on anything. I just wish that my brain worked like that.

Aran Kedar

Postby Aran Kedar » Sun Jun 29, 2008 2:15 am UTC

Hi. My name is Spencer. Since I'm posting here, it's painfully obvious that I'm a wee newbie to this site. I really like the comics, although a few of them are really scientific and frankly I don't understand them and often have to have my friend explain them. I really like Firefly and Serenity, too. I'll try my best not to be a jerk on this site.
You've been transfer-whacked.

Apostrophe

Postby Apostrophe » Sun Jun 29, 2008 6:28 am UTC

Hi everyone! My name is Andrew, and I've been an xkcd fan for a while now, ever since my brother introduced it to me.
Anyway, more about me: I'm your typical nerdy/geekish 15-year-old high school student (except I use proper spelling and grammar (or at least I try) and I don't have broken thumbs from texting 24/7). I enjoy writing and sketching. I spend a lot of my time designing roleplays (the text-based forumy type), though I often have a hard time finding any good ones to join.
My web browser of choice is Firefox 3, and my current OS is Windows XP. However, when Windows dies on this computer, I'll be installing Linux.

I'll also be buying a "JUST SHY" t-shirt soon. I'll be joining the secret club of people who it's all right to smile at on the metro (SCoPwiARtSaotM).
Huzzah for me!

Swarfy

Postby Swarfy » Sun Jun 29, 2008 6:32 am UTC

Hello, My name is Swarfy. I live in Michigan. I'm 20 years old and I live with my boyfriend. I've been reading the comic for a while and also browsing the forums to get a feel for the place. I'm a stay at home "mom" to our three cats.

kesmille

Re: Intro thread

Postby kesmille » Sun Jun 29, 2008 8:21 am UTC

Hello, I've been reading xkcd via Livejournal for some time (hush, you. I've had an account there since 2001; inertia has set in.). I'm Kevin, a self-proclaimed nerd and geek1, 31 years of age living in Carrollton, TX, though originally from Muncie, IN. Currently, I make water drinkable for a living by running chemical tests on sampled water and whatnot. My initial vocation was running a nuclear plant as an Electronics Technician on Satan's Atomic Fun Bus (aka USS Miami, aka SSN 755) and my degrees are in Philosophy and Religious Studies. Yeah, I'm pretty much a second edition bard.

While posting in this thread is no longer required, I think it'd be rude to not announce myself.

1I consider there to be a difference between those two. Nerds are primarily smart about academic things; geeks tend to be knowledgeable in pop culture things.

eleniy86

Postby eleniy86 » Sun Jun 29, 2008 6:20 pm UTC

hi :)

ive been a member for a little, but i finally got around to reading the rules :oops: either way, here's something i shouldve done first :)

My name is Eleni, and im a 21 year old chemistry major who lives in massachusetts.I go to school full time (though im interning this summer...yea, i know. no breaks) and work the other times. work blows. i am a teaching assistant during the school year, and i tutor a lot. i also work at my family's business a lot, and also at a department store near my school. so yea. im a poor college student lol.

ummm i like to cook, eat, play guitar, be artsy :D , and just chill a lot. i basically live on the internet, which makes a nerd. haha. but it's awesome.

ive found xkcd a bunch of times over the past few years, but now have properly gotten addicted to it. so yea. that's all :)

TheGrammarBolshevik
Location: Going to and fro in the earth, and walking up and down in it.

Postby TheGrammarBolshevik » Mon Jun 30, 2008 3:23 am UTC

Hello.

Well... My name's Levi. I'm an (incoming) high school junior and an xkcd fan of about a year. I consider myself to be fairly intelligent although I am far behind most here in terms of geek skills. I am a wannabe coder, but I find that my normal success in math does not translate as well as I had hoped into solving programming problems. I have been working through K & R, but I am constantly tempted to look up answers even in the introductory chapter; perhaps it would be better if I knew how other beginners fare.

I am not, in fact, a grammar expert. I decided to reuse my reddit username, which was originally created as a one-off joke account. I am a reddit junkie, but I have disabled the politics subreddit so that I can fit in with normal people ;-).

I also have an interest in foreign languages; I study French in school and some Italian outside. Unfortunately, I suffer from hobby ADD that prevents me from getting very far into any particular language. This flaw affects most of my interests; I will learn Python once I have read Foucault's Pendulum once I know 1000 Italian words once I watch The Lord of the Rings Extended Edition once I can draw basic sketches once I learn Python... prioritization is not my strongest suit.

Speaking of which... my school has a strong music program, and I do well as a singer (bass). Next year, two of my five classes will be in choir, and I am considering college as a vocal performance major. It's not an easy decision; I do well on both tests and coursework, but I love to sing and feel that I could do well pursuing that path. A more academically-based career would cost less to prepare for and probably earn more money, but I am afraid of getting stuck in a desk job.

Hmmm... what else do I do? I'm an atheist with an anarchistic bent, and a semi-vegetarian. Sports for me are an informal, summer affair. I don't play organized soccer anymore, but I play in pickup games once a week. I also play ultimate (Frisbee) about as often, and sometimes more. I am naturally unnaturally skinny; that is, I am uncommonly thin even though I do little to stay that way. I'm somewhat out of shape when it comes to athletic ability, but that serves me well enough for the recreational sports I play.

And that's all for my lengthy, awkward introduction.
Nothing rhymes with orange,
Not even sporange.

MrShifty

Postby MrShifty » Mon Jun 30, 2008 5:08 am UTC

Hi all,
I'm Michael (or Mike or Steve, fewer syllables to pronounce), XKCD fan for, uh, a long time, but I just recently discovered the forums. I'm 20 and a junior at New Mexico State University and a second-year CS student (after switching from Mechanical Engineering). My main interests include graphic design, web programming, computer hardware, general electronics, woodworking, metalworking, and solving engineering problems that involve those things.

s'pose that's about it...

Fatal_Inker

Re: Holy Flying French Fritters Batman!

Postby Fatal_Inker » Mon Jun 30, 2008 8:28 am UTC

Well I guess I came here for the mee reason that I enjoy the comic. It can be very cute, and respectably nerdy.

As for who I am - well I won't say much, but last I checked I'm from the planet earth. I was born human, and occasionally claim to still be so. The internet me is quite secretive about the real me, but I enjoy intriguing, silly, and of course nerdy conversation (<3 4 teh nerdz). I'm not sure if I'll hang around and chit chat, or if I'll forget completely about this forum and the fact that I ever came here.

Actually, I'll present a challenge.
If one of you, anybody, can give me something (a reason, an incentive, or just an act of oddball kindness) to stay, I'll hang around. ^_^

And now the clock is half past night time, so I must be off. I'll check back in tomorrow.
*Leaves a hug trap for the next person to post here*

Oh yeah, and you can call me Inky for short. ^_^
And here is a red balloon
I think of you and let it go

michaelandjimi
Isn't Even Playing

Postby michaelandjimi » Mon Jun 30, 2008 11:28 am UTC

Because we here are delightfully eccentric and occasionally have intelligent conversation.

...Oh crap! The hug trap has been sprung!

Please, go on, save yourselves... I'm not worth any more of you going down...

You should also join us because of our proper usage of ellipsis and semicolon.

And celebrate arbitrary postcounts!

Funnily enough, I'm having a casino-themed disco this Thursday.
Whelan wrote:Relax, have a good time, and hope for the bees ;)

barp

alo.

Postby barp » Mon Jun 30, 2008 1:48 pm UTC

Hi.

my name is barry.

i'm an undergrad studying physics and mathematics at st. olaf college in northfield, mn.

but i'm not as stereotypically socially awkward as my fields of study might suggest.

also, i generally do not condone sentence fragments, which may seem hypocritical given the previous line in this post, but...well, get over it.

kay bai

Return to “General”