Who the dickens are you?

Things that don't belong anywhere else. (Check first).

Moderators: Moderators General, Prelates, Magistrates

Fifth

Re: INTRO THREAD THE THIRD

Postby Fifth » Mon Oct 27, 2008 12:16 am UTC

Yo, I'm Fifth, and I've been in and out of #xkcd for a while. I'm a college student/GIS tech in Los Angeles. I write, compulsively.

armandtanzarian

Postby armandtanzarian » Mon Oct 27, 2008 12:47 am UTC

Fifth wrote:Yo, I'm Fifth, and I've been in and out of #xkcd for a while. I'm a college student/GIS tech in Los Angeles. I write, compulsively.

There's an irc channel?

EeveE

Postby EeveE » Mon Oct 27, 2008 2:32 am UTC

smw543 wrote:I'm Scott. I'm twenty years old and currently attend the University of Central Florida. My hobbies include reading, writing, and telling people they are wrong on the internet, which naturally attracted me to the world of online fora.

:shock: I go to UCF...do I know you?
Spoiler:
Coke cans are red like Communism.

limesandstone

Postby limesandstone » Mon Oct 27, 2008 3:23 am UTC

Hi friends,
I'm 21 and a senior at a small college in Pennsylvania, originally from West Virginia, a psych and sociology major, while ever keeping the comic in mind (showing, in order of purity, sociology, psychology, biology, chemistry...). I was introduced to xkcd by a guy I met while I was studying abroad in Australia. My love affair with this site has lasted approximately six times longer, so far. On a more serious note, I am shortly beginning my career as a research scientist and enjoy pretending to match wits with the big guys.

Look forward to talking with you all,
LP

Nick The Newbie

Postby Nick The Newbie » Mon Oct 27, 2008 3:44 am UTC

I'm Nick, 25 from ellicott city maryland. XKCD is aight.

korora

Postby korora » Mon Oct 27, 2008 2:51 pm UTC

Salutations!

I'm a senior Mechanical Engineering student at WashU, though I'm doing a co-op this semester and won't graduate until next December. I have minors in computer science and physics, and I'm investigating graduate programs in nanotechnology (looking at nanorobotics and NEMS mainly... if you know of a good program, let me know!).

Currently I'm a refugee from the (excellent) Dwarf Fortress forums, which have been down for several days now and have left me with nothing to do during those slow times at work. I'm fairly active there, and have been lurking here since sometime this summer.

I like to play board games (Settlers, Diplomacy), card games (Bang!, Bohnanza, Hearts, Euchre), and video games (Dwarf Fortress [natch], Team Fortress 2, competitive SSBM, and currently Dead Space). I'm an RSS junkie to the point that I don't bother with sites without feeds. I'm subscribed to a list of webcomics (notables: xkcd, Dinosaur Comics, Dresden Codak) longer than the average arm, but I suspect some of them have gone dormant without me noticing.

I'm extremely socially liberal and fairly fiscally liberal, though taking a course in Microeconomics has produced some amount of cognitive dissonance on that last point.

I have a parenthesis habit.

I think that's all.
Last.fm|Steam|Xbox LIVE|23||
[8:22pm] cf: you know what i like?
[8:23pm] Tigerlion: what do you like, CF?
[8:23pm] cf: you guys
[8:24pm] cf: man...out of all the things that could have come to my head...that was by far the lamest

embernator

Postby embernator » Mon Oct 27, 2008 2:57 pm UTC

Hi. I'm Embernator. I'm a first year engineering student at Dalhousie University. I'm Canadian, love cats, and hate rude people. Please ignore any typos in my posts. 99% of them are me typing too fast and not even realizing there is one.

Fifth wrote:Yo, I'm Fifth, and I've been in and out of #xkcd for a while. I'm a college student/GIS tech in Los Angeles. I write, compulsively.

Did you get your name from the avdanced replicator guy who was crushing on Carter in the 6th season of Stargate SG-1? Or am I just making connections where none exsist?

saber

Postby saber » Mon Oct 27, 2008 5:29 pm UTC

Greavings, Salivations and various heyhowareya's

I'm Saber, and yes most people offline call me that as well. I like long walks on the beach, candlelit dinners, and my Cthulhu that sits on my desk at work. I do T1 and higher class circuit repairs for a national CLEC and often times I want to quit my job to be a pirate.

I have a mild (read: life consuming) addiction to WoW and Amp Energy drinks. And I will be a daddy on Halloween.

also, I like bagels. Toasted. With jam.

metl_lord

Postby metl_lord » Mon Oct 27, 2008 6:54 pm UTC

Hello everyone.

My name is Eric. I'm 24 and I recently graduated from Drexel University with an MLIS. I also have a BA in Sociology and History (with a focus on popular culture). I work for a publisher in Philadelphia. I've read XKCD for quite a few years now and usually waste time at work reading this forum.

Also, I consider myself a regular expression master.

gloog

Postby gloog » Tue Oct 28, 2008 2:37 am UTC

Hi everybody, my internet name is Gloog, and I'm a college student from Cleveland OH. I've been reading xkcd since early/mid 2007, and while I've thought about joining the forums, I hadn't really had anything to say. I often lurk in conversations, but I'm not really all that good at it, because I keep on saying things. I guess I'm here now though, so hello!

causalfault

Postby causalfault » Tue Oct 28, 2008 3:29 am UTC

my name is sean. i'm 22 years old, and i'm a musician. (why does that sound suspiciously like "... and i'm an alcoholic?")

i work as guitar department manager at guitar center in terre haute, indiana. in my off time, i'm the lead singer and sometimes rhythm guitarist for a rock cover band called faultline; we typically play bars around the terre haute and wabash valley area.

my musical tastes are fairly eclectic, and i can be found listening to pop-rock, heavy metal, country, rap, hip-hop, and thrash all within the space of an hour, some days. my favorite band of all time is the goo goo dolls, but my major infatuation of the last few years has been coheed and cambria. i believe that without music, humanity would collapse completely (though i, for one, welcome our new android overlords),

when i'm not doing musicy things, i enjoy reading, writing, and the intertubes (though all of these things usually involve or at least are accompanied by music, naturally). i'm a major fan of webcomics, collectively, and regularly read penny arcade, 8-bit theatre, xkcd, tailsteak.com (when tailsteak decides to update, which is becoming more and more infrequent), and inktank.com.

i live in a nice two-bedroom apartment with my girlfriend and our cat, puma, who is without a doubt the most ridiculous cat i have ever met (and i've met some pretty ridiculous cats).

hello, everyone.
can i be buried here among the dead,
with room to honor me here in the end?

lobotomize

Postby lobotomize » Tue Oct 28, 2008 12:27 pm UTC

hey, I'm Dan. I'm 25 and am a computer programmer. I also play bass in my spare time (which is never).

I'm also married and have an evil dachshund named Frank.

Fluidly Unsure

Postby Fluidly Unsure » Tue Oct 28, 2008 2:31 pm UTC

Hello,

I am a 45+ Drupal developer, classic/jazz guitarist, and car mechanic.

MY first love is anything that has to do with computers, but I'm kind of old fashioned when it comes to gaming, BYO boxes, programing "methodologies", and flow charts.

My second love is music. My friends say my music tastes are just plain weird. I try to sound like a combo of Charly Byrd, Jeff Golub, Craig Chaquicio, and Armik. I listen to anything. My latest discoveries are artists like Subliminal, Cooloolosh, Geremia Butler and DAM. Throw in some Akron, Busta Rhymes, Bach (JS and CPE), Acoustic Alchemy, Usmanova, and Count Basie and you have a few of my favs.

My third love is old BMW's (E34 and E36) that are cheap and need some fixing. The only difference between BYO computers and DIY auto repairs is whether you use a screw driver or a wrench.

Cherry Kiss
¡This cheese is burning me!

Postby Cherry Kiss » Tue Oct 28, 2008 5:12 pm UTC

Gosh why do introductions feel so awkward? lol

Well I'm Amber and I'm 19. I'm a graphic designer for a small company... nothing special. Though it does give me a lot of time to waste on the internet, tis why I am here.

Music is my life... it is my love.
Just figured I would throw that in there.

<<33
What they call love is a risk,
'Cause you will always get hit
Out of nowhere by some wave
And end up on your own.

ClassholeInTraining

Postby ClassholeInTraining » Tue Oct 28, 2008 9:48 pm UTC

I'm Karl.I'm a Class-hole in training and a bit of a lurker.
I like music,Newgrounds,Black Hat Man(my version of god),gaming and the internets.
Also I fear raptors.
I'm more of a classy asshole a class-hole if you will-BlackHatMan
Become a Class-hole today and get a free cake.
Spoiler:
The Cake Is A Lie

We Class-holes can win a game of Connect-Four in three moves
Jesus can walk on water,but i can swim on land.

xaeon

Postby xaeon » Tue Oct 28, 2008 9:49 pm UTC

Evening all.

(Chances are that it might not be the evening when you read this. So, to include those early risers, workday lunchtime lurkers and stayer-uppers, good morning, good afternoon and good night respectively.)

I'm Adam. I'm 23 (wow, that was a lot harder to remember than it should have been), and I live in a lovely rented house in Surrey, UK. I'm currently a software developer (my actual job title is Internal Development Lead, which sounds a lot better) for a telecommunications company in Crawley. We make those really annoying automated telephone systems. I program in Java and, when needed, C/C++. I have one of those degree things in Artificial Intelligence, which is actually a lot less interesting than it sounds. It was basically three years of being told that my chosen path of study is a dying artform, fundamentally flawed, and that I really shouldn't have bothered taking it. Anyway...

I live with my long term girlfriend; The Jess, and my short term kitten/cat. I'm an Ignostic Atheist: I feel that the very idea of god is irrelevant until you define him, at which point he becomes disprovable. I play the guitar (badly), the piano (well) and Team Fortress 2 (amazingly). I have an interest in physics and biology, which actually means that I have no real theoretical knowledge in either, but I do like to read the odd science magazine!

Random fact list:
I hate mustard. I love flying saucers. I'm far more competitive than you. I'm poor at spelling, but... I'm great with grammar. I read Jess's magazines. I hate using other peoples' cutlery. I play chess, but often lose. I hate people stealing my pens at work. I drink a lot of tea. I get excited by technology. I'm convinced I could stay awake for a week. I'm a little OCD about presentation and layout. I drink Gin and real ale. Not at the same time though. I illegally download music and TV shows, but I feel morally justified in doing so. I hiccup strangely. I like summer in the winter. I like winter in the summer. I'm a very good driver, but I drive too fast. I do like to think I'm special. I laugh at my own jokes, but only because I'm really funny. I love musicals, but... I'm not gay. I bite my nails. They're tasty though. I don't play as many video games as I should. I live above my means. I believe university shouldn't be for everyone. I don't believe in homoeopathy. I don't believe in astrology. I'm still not sure about Santa. I chew my hair. I sing in the car, and feel embarrassed if people see me doing it. I dislike people in general. Not you though, of course... I think they should bring back Knightmare. I love bread. I think Christmas comes far too early. I hate Apple (not the fruit). I find it far easier to talk to someone over MSN than in person. I'm underpaid. If you don't believe in evolution, you're wrong. If you believe in god, you're wrong.

Anyway, I've been a full time XKCD reader, part time fora lurker, and now wish to get involved and contribute.

Schmack.
SIG 404 - Signature not found

SiO2

Postby SiO2 » Tue Oct 28, 2008 10:10 pm UTC

Hello!

I love math, science, xkcd, and the Ronpaul.

And I live in the heart of Texas.

'nuff said.

:mrgreen:
"People of character do the right thing, not because they think it will change the world but because they refuse to be changed by the world." ~Oni Noquisi

Benfrenchman

Postby Benfrenchman » Tue Oct 28, 2008 10:30 pm UTC

xaeon wrote:I hate mustard. I love flying saucers. I'm far more competitive than you. I'm poor at spelling, but... I'm great with grammar. I read Jess's magazines. I hate using other peoples' cutlery. I play chess, but often lose. I hate people stealing my pens at work. I drink a lot of tea. I get excited by technology. I'm convinced I could stay awake for a week. I'm a little OCD about presentation and layout. I drink Gin and real ale. Not at the same time though. I illegally download music and TV shows, but I feel morally justified in doing so. I hiccup strangely. I like summer in the winter. I like winter in the summer. I'm a very good driver, but I drive too fast. I do like to think I'm special. I laugh at my own jokes, but only because I'm really funny. I love musicals, but... I'm not gay. I bite my nails. They're tasty though. I don't play as many video games as I should. I live above my means. I believe university shouldn't be for everyone. I don't believe in homoeopathy. I don't believe in astrology. I'm still not sure about Santa. I chew my hair. I sing in the car, and feel embarrassed if people see me doing it. I dislike people in general. Not you though, of course... I think they should bring back Knightmare. I love bread. I think Christmas comes far too early. I hate Apple (not the fruit). I find it far easier to talk to someone over MSN than in person. I'm underpaid. If you don't believe in evolution, you're wrong. If you believe in god, you're wrong.

I agree.

xaeon

Postby xaeon » Tue Oct 28, 2008 11:24 pm UTC

Benfrenchman wrote:
xaeon wrote:
Spoiler:
I hate mustard. I love flying saucers. I'm far more competitive than you. I'm poor at spelling, but... I'm great with grammar. I read Jess's magazines. I hate using other peoples' cutlery. I play chess, but often lose. I hate people stealing my pens at work. I drink a lot of tea. I get excited by technology. I'm convinced I could stay awake for a week. I'm a little OCD about presentation and layout. I drink Gin and real ale. Not at the same time though. I illegally download music and TV shows, but I feel morally justified in doing so. I hiccup strangely. I like summer in the winter. I like winter in the summer. I'm a very good driver, but I drive too fast. I do like to think I'm special. I laugh at my own jokes, but only because I'm really funny. I love musicals, but... I'm not gay. I bite my nails. They're tasty though. I don't play as many video games as I should. I live above my means. I believe university shouldn't be for everyone. I don't believe in homoeopathy. I don't believe in astrology. I'm still not sure about Santa. I chew my hair. I sing in the car, and feel embarrassed if people see me doing it. I dislike people in general. Not you though, of course... I think they should bring back Knightmare. I love bread. I think Christmas comes far too early. I hate Apple (not the fruit). I find it far easier to talk to someone over MSN than in person. I'm underpaid. If you don't believe in evolution, you're wrong. If you believe in god, you're wrong.

I agree.

You read Jess's magazines too? Freaky.
SIG 404 - Signature not found

darthchazza

Postby darthchazza » Wed Oct 29, 2008 1:03 am UTC

I've really been meaning to do this but haven't had time due to year 12. Anyway my name is Charles William Pearse but no one calls me Charles just a Charlie will suffice although I'm partial to "Sir Charles William Pearse the third". I live In Ararat, Victoria, Australia which is about 2/3 of the way from Melbourne To Adelaide. I love cooking, philosophizing, computers, learning, movies and talking to smart people. I play hockey (field), tennis, compound archery and squash. I am 17 and live at home with my Mum, Dad and little sister. I play Piano and saxophone and am learning guitar. My favorite computer game ever is a tie between Croc and Supreme Commander. I am hoping to head off to Melbourne University next year to study science and if I don't get into there I will head to La Trobe and do computer science. And now I will go back to my studying so I can actually get a good enough score to get into Melbourne.
Flo3:16 wrote:You sir are a Winner. Just because you have the testicular fortitude to dress up as freakin Zoidberg. :mrgreen:

globalexports

Postby globalexports » Wed Oct 29, 2008 2:42 am UTC

Hello xkcd

I am a fan of the webcomic which might explain why I am here. Here are some lists about me:

Interests:
- Art (drawing, advertising, graphic design, film, fashion)
- Bouldering (currently climbing indoor V6)
- Tube Surfing (connoisseur of internet culture)
- Photoshop

Favourite Movies or TV series (a very mixed list that i can name off the top of my head):
- Curb Your Enthusiasm
- Shaun of the Dead
- La Haine
- Dexter
- Rec

I enjoy all sorts of music except the ones that get millions of plays on the radio and views on YouTube.
I am part of the soul-less zombie uprising also known as International Baccalaureate... Yes, I am a highschool student shhh.
Home is in Toronto, Canada (!) but I will probably be going to Univeristy in London next year.

More about me later.

Zwitter Schlampe

Postby Zwitter Schlampe » Wed Oct 29, 2008 5:01 am UTC

How's it going everyone?

I'm Stephen and I currently live in Athens, Georgia in the USA. I am currently attending UGA pursuing a BSAE and my emphasis is Electrical/Electronic Systems Engineering. After that I plan to attend Graduate School at Georgia Tech for a Master's Degree in Computer Engineering.

I have been reading xkcd for a long time and it's one of my favorite web comics. I read the forums every day, but I couldn't be bothered, until now, to sign up.

I grew up in Germany and lived there up until my last year of high school (grade 13). I find it easier to express myself in German, but English will have to do for this board :P

I play in a Darkwave/Electronica/Industrial band called Witness the Apotheosis. If you are into that kind of music, I would suggest checking us out and finding out when we will be playing near you! I love playing concerts more than anything in the world and the music we make really completes my life.

I'll probably mostly be posting in the threads about Math, Computers, the Election, and maybe others if I feel like it. It's dangerous to get addicted to forums!

So that's me.

Benfrenchman

Postby Benfrenchman » Wed Oct 29, 2008 6:51 am UTC

xaeon wrote:
You read Jess's magazines too? Freaky.

Sometimes I get bored whilst I'm going through your bins.

I mean, no. I read my girlfriend's magazines though.

MalkuthSephira

Postby MalkuthSephira » Wed Oct 29, 2008 11:36 am UTC

19 years old, California, transgendered (MtF, yay), omnisexual. I'm a writer (unpublished, of course) and a bit of a dabbler in just about everything else that doesn't require more than minimal physical activity. I enjoy a great deal of things. My favorite movies are Dark Star, Fight Club, No Country For Old Men, Stalker, and The Girl Who Leapt Through Time. Favorite bands include Amanda Palmer, Architecture in Helsinki, Beirut, Circa Survive, Final Fantasy, Frog Eyes, Joanna Newsom, Modest Mouse, Neutral Milk Hotel, San Serac, Sigur Ros, The Dismembermen Plan, The New Pornographers, and Tom Waits, not to mention many, many others. Favorite books include but are certainly not limited to Cryptonomicon, House of Leaves, Infinite Jest, Jonathan Strange and Mr Norrell, Lockpick Pornography, Old Man's War, Shards of Honor, Snow Crash, The Book of the New Sun, The Left Hand of Darkness, and The Stars My Destination.

I like people who are smart and rational (though I certainly can't fault the overly emotional, as I fear I may be one of them). I despise bigots and the willfully ignorant.
Hand me your hand, let me look in your eyes
As my last chance to feel human begins to vaporize.

charliepanayi

Postby charliepanayi » Wed Oct 29, 2008 1:53 pm UTC

MalkuthSephira wrote: Favorite bands include Amanda Palmer, Architecture in Helsinki, Beirut, Circa Survive, Final Fantasy, Frog Eyes, Joanna Newsom, Modest Mouse, Neutral Milk Hotel, San Serac, Sigur Ros, The Dismembermen Plan, The New Pornographers, and Tom Waits, not to mention many, many others.

I salute your music tastes. And your mentioning Jonathan Strange and Mr Norrell as well.
"Excuse me Miss, do you like pineapple?"

"I don't want to achieve immortality through my work, I want to achieve it through not dying"

Azrael001

Postby Azrael001 » Wed Oct 29, 2008 2:20 pm UTC

xaeon wrote: I'm far more competitive than you.

I disagree. I am more competetive than you.

Dirdle
Location: Trapped inside an all-too-real point-and-click escape game

Postby Dirdle » Thu Oct 30, 2008 12:02 am UTC

I suppose I ought to introduce myself, but I've never liked it, so I'll try to be brief. I'm Dirdle. I suppose I'm from http://www.everything2.com more than anywhere else. I like physics. If you asked for my tastes in music and food, I'd decline to answer. 'Any good music, any good food' is not the conversation starter you're quite probably* looking for.

That should do, I think. Hmm. Yes.

* - apologies if you were asking for some other reason. I'm afraid still don't have a better answer for you though.
Desine fata deum flecti sperare precando

Failure

Postby Failure » Thu Oct 30, 2008 1:52 am UTC

19/m/bumfuck, nowhere.

=]

felltir
has a sniper scope and a trigger finger.

Postby felltir » Thu Oct 30, 2008 2:28 am UTC

armandtanzarian wrote:

There's an irc channel?

There's at LEAST 3.
Spoiler:
RoadieRich wrote:He's a super flexible furry martial artist from London. She is a Rabbit breeding mad scientist from Michigan. They fight crime!
The Great Hippo wrote:I THINK THE SOLAR SYSTEM MIGHT BE AN ATOM OF OXYGEN.

Blog

he/him/his

Noc
Put on her robe and wizard hat ALL NIGHT LONG

Postby Noc » Thu Oct 30, 2008 2:54 am UTC

Felltir wrote:There's at LEAST 3.

Much more than three, I assume. IRC's been around for years.
*Shifty eyes.*
Have you given up?

armandtanzarian

Postby armandtanzarian » Thu Oct 30, 2008 3:17 am UTC

Felltir wrote:
armandtanzarian wrote:

There's an irc channel?

There's at LEAST 3.

Server and channel name kplsthx?

felltir
has a sniper scope and a trigger finger.

Postby felltir » Thu Oct 30, 2008 3:39 am UTC

Server: Foonetic.

Channels:

#xkcd - normal
#xkcdmafia - mafia
#xkcd-signal - don't say the same thing twice
#xkcd-love - LSR IRC
#xkcd-cs - God knows.
Spoiler:
RoadieRich wrote:He's a super flexible furry martial artist from London. She is a Rabbit breeding mad scientist from Michigan. They fight crime!
The Great Hippo wrote:I THINK THE SOLAR SYSTEM MIGHT BE AN ATOM OF OXYGEN.

Blog

he/him/his

Flesh_Of_The_Fallen_Angel
Location: I am a child of the city of destruction . . . So, my location is the city of dectruction!

Postby Flesh_Of_The_Fallen_Angel » Thu Oct 30, 2008 6:29 am UTC

. . . I think I just died and went to haven . . . I can finally post on xkcd! Woooooo! (I tried registering ages ago, but something went wrong and it wanted me to fax something . . . or maybe there is a god, and he/she/it hates me)

Now that I have said that, I shell introduce myself:

I am the person that your parents warned you about, when you were a child. I am the child of the city of Destruction. I am the shadow that you swear moved. I'm the drop of darkness in the the pool of light . . . You get the picture!

The credit goes to Ben Lovell (I hope that I spelt his name right) who first introduced me to the pleasures of xkcd.

I wish to tell Randall to get out of my head in advance. :D

I have been to xkcd every time that it has been upgraded (Since I learnt of it)

The kick in the pants: I have been looking through the forum topics (reading all the comments) for months! . . . and then I discovered how to register . . . *hits self in head*

I love this emoticon thing: :twisted:

I feel like I have missed a lot of things out . . . I may come back later to add more! :D

See all you people soon . . .

EDIT:

I found the edit button!

Also, call me Fleshy (if ya want)

Firefox is THE GREATEST THING THAT EVER EXISTED AND WILL EVER EXIST IN ALL TIME, SPACE AND OTHER DIMENSIONS!!! Its true.

:arrow: What is this smiley for? :arrow:

BEHIND YOU!!!

Only kidding! If it was behind you, I would have shot it! Duh! Hahahahaha!

and can someone tell me why xkcd is more addictive than crack?

Can anyone tell me why this smiley creeps me out? :lol:

. . . that is all . . . for this minute! Bye bye . . . for now . . .

P.S. Dial up sucks!

DanielCopelin

Postby DanielCopelin » Thu Oct 30, 2008 1:03 pm UTC

Well, I guess this is where I start.

My name is Daniel, I'm 22 and live in Brisbane, Australia. I am currently studying for a dual degree in engineering(civil) and commerce(accounting) - weird combination, don't ask, I'm regretting the commerce bit. I'm in my 5th year and graduate mid-next year.

I work as a civil engineer at a small consultancy where I have been for the last 3 years. It's not your typical job experience type thing - I have a fair bit of responsibility and find it challenging and fun.

I'm into cars in a pretty big way. I own a couple of old Toyota's. I recently finished building one up for some track/road fun and hope to get out to my local racetrack as soon as money/time permits. I'm also into a million other things that eat away at my time: gaming (PC, the real way), my marine aquarium, Firefly (current obsession), forum-lurking...

That is all I can think of right now...

Kyros

Postby Kyros » Thu Oct 30, 2008 6:21 pm UTC

Whats up?

My names jason im a junior in high school
Live in Georgia But planning on going to Jacksonville state for college
Intrests:band, art, anime, GAMING!!!,omong other things

ive read the forums a lot just never bothered to register

Yurez

Postby Yurez » Thu Oct 30, 2008 8:04 pm UTC

Hi, I'm 25 from Poland and today is The Day I Stopped Lurking (dumdumdum).

kriel

Postby kriel » Thu Oct 30, 2008 8:21 pm UTC

@Yurez: X-Com UFO Defense with an Auto Cannon? (I think that's what the white ones were. The grey ones were Heavy Cannons.)

Goofyman

Postby Goofyman » Thu Oct 30, 2008 11:53 pm UTC

I'm supposed to post here before posting elsewhere, so I guess here it is.

I'm 19, current in the midwest of the US. I'm a Sophomore, attending university (MS&T) studying Comp. Sci and Comp. Eng. Coding's fun, I enjoy gaming, etc. That's about it. I just took a Calculus test, anyway.

jimblaney

Postby jimblaney » Fri Oct 31, 2008 4:42 am UTC

I'm Jim. 26 and live in almost western MD. I like puzzles and other things that require a quick snippet of code or script to solve.

maxfischer

Postby maxfischer » Fri Oct 31, 2008 4:54 am UTC

Hi I'm introducing myself here so that no one will think I'm a bot.
I plan to hang around the science, books, math, and food sections.
I'm happy to be here.
So there's that.

Return to “General”