Page 271 of 274

Re: INTRO THREAD THE THIRD

Posted: Thu Feb 09, 2017 11:12 am UTC
by cephalopod9
I was around for a long time, and then I was away for not as long but still a long time, and I feel weird about joining in again.
I feel weird about how many years this forum has been around, and life in general.

Re: INTRO THREAD THE THIRD

Posted: Thu Feb 09, 2017 2:06 pm UTC
by doogly
It's hella weird, that life is.

Re: INTRO THREAD THE THIRD

Posted: Thu Feb 09, 2017 2:32 pm UTC
by addams
voicedotter wrote:So I am back, again. I really need to be active... Again. Hello, how are you all. I just came out of the door to the left. (I wonder if anyone will understand that old reference.)

I now have a diploma in computer networking (so I can configure cisco routers and switches) and sadly don't have a job where I use that information (I push trolleys at the supermarket).

I help run my local furry community. I am also learning to be a dungeon master. And I watch comedy videos on the internet.
oh,...dear;
The good news:
You were not refused employment for being 'Overqualified'.

I watch comedy videos on the internet, too.
I think This Guy is funny.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ckSoDW2-wrc
Welcome Home.
Spoiler:
Nope.
I do not understand the reference to The Door to the Left.

(?) You left?
You came back the same way?

It's a guess.

Re: INTRO THREAD THE THIRD

Posted: Thu Feb 09, 2017 4:55 pm UTC
by (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
I'm glad that this thread, even if it gets little use from new people, has been re-purposed for saying 'I'm back, bitches.'

I'm back, bitches.

Re: INTRO THREAD THE THIRD

Posted: Thu Feb 09, 2017 11:34 pm UTC
by addams
Fantastic Idea wrote:I'm glad that this thread, even if it gets little use from new people, has been re-purposed for saying 'I'm back, bitches.'

I'm back, bitches.
Welcome back, Bitch.
Spoiler:
Correct or incorrect use of course slang?
If we are Bitches.
And; You have returned to be one of us.
Then; You are a Bitch.

Right?

Re: INTRO THREAD THE THIRD

Posted: Fri Feb 10, 2017 10:15 am UTC
by voicedotter
addams wrote:
voicedotter wrote:So I am back, again. I really need to be active... Again. Hello, how are you all. I just came out of the door to the left. (I wonder if anyone will understand that old reference.)

I now have a diploma in computer networking (so I can configure cisco routers and switches) and sadly don't have a job where I use that information (I push trolleys at the supermarket).

I help run my local furry community. I am also learning to be a dungeon master. And I watch comedy videos on the internet.
oh,...dear;
The good news:
You were not refused employment for being 'Overqualified'.

I watch comedy videos on the internet, too.
I think This Guy is funny.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ckSoDW2-wrc
Welcome Home.
Spoiler:
Nope.
I do not understand the reference to The Door to the Left.

(?) You left?
You came back the same way?

It's a guess.


Thanks for the welcome back.

The door to the left thing is an old joke. It used to contain the velociraptors. Ask Monika.

Re: INTRO THREAD THE THIRD

Posted: Sat Feb 11, 2017 5:39 am UTC
by addams
voicedotter wrote:So I am back, again. I really need to be active... Again. Hello, how are you all. I just came out of the door to the left. (I wonder if anyone will understand that old reference.)

I now have a diploma in computer networking (so I can configure cisco routers and switches) and sadly don't have a job where I use that information (I push trolleys at the supermarket).

I help run my local furry community. I am also learning to be a dungeon master. And I watch comedy videos on the internet.
I've been thinking about you and your degree in computer networking.
Every store is dependent on their computers working correctly.

I've been in line to pay when there was "Computer Trouble"
Everyone from the owner to the check out people developed a 'dear in the headlights' look.

One day, like Rudolph, you may step in and Save the Day!
After that, you may double your pay and wear more expensive ties to work.

Re: INTRO THREAD THE THIRD

Posted: Sat Feb 11, 2017 12:49 pm UTC
by chridd
voicedotter wrote:The door to the left thing is an old joke. It used to contain the velociraptors. Ask Monika.
I remember that (although I didn't notice it until the explanation, and probably wouldn't have gotten the reference originally)! Also I remember your name, but don't remember if it's voiced otter or voice dotter (did your signature used to say?). And cephalopod9's signature definitely looks familiar.

Also, in case you haven't noticed, the forum software got upgraded since you were last here, and the "Your posts"/egosearch thing doesn't work consistently anymore (also searches in general; I think it's some sort of caching issue).

Re: INTRO THREAD THE THIRD

Posted: Sat Feb 11, 2017 7:27 pm UTC
by voicedotter
chridd wrote:
voicedotter wrote:The door to the left thing is an old joke. It used to contain the velociraptors. Ask Monika.
I remember that (although I didn't notice it until the explanation, and probably wouldn't have gotten the reference originally)! Also I remember your name, but don't remember if it's voiced otter or voice dotter (did your signature used to say?). And cephalopod9's signature definitely looks familiar.

Also, in case you haven't noticed, the forum software got upgraded since you were last here, and the "Your posts"/egosearch thing doesn't work consistently anymore (also searches in general; I think it's some sort of caching issue).



Voiced otter. I thought my icon gave away that I'm an otter.

Yea the forum looks a bit fancier.

Re: INTRO THREAD THE THIRD

Posted: Sat Feb 11, 2017 7:35 pm UTC
by Monika
Honestly it looks more like a hyena.

Beware of doors with raptors behind them!

By the way I have a baby now.

Re: INTRO THREAD THE THIRD

Posted: Wed Feb 15, 2017 8:40 pm UTC
by voicedotter
Monika wrote:Honestly it looks more like a hyena.

Beware of doors with raptors behind them!

By the way I have a baby now.


Always beware the raptor door on the left.

also congrats on the small human you have created.

Re: INTRO THREAD THE THIRD

Posted: Thu Feb 16, 2017 9:23 am UTC
by Monika
Thanks. And is that hyena really supposed to be an otter?

Re: INTRO THREAD THE THIRD

Posted: Thu Feb 16, 2017 7:00 pm UTC
by voicedotter
Spotted otter. Cheetah otter hybrid.

Re: INTRO THREAD THE THIRD

Posted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 2:53 pm UTC
by Bane Harper
Hello! people… :D

Hope my first post is in the right area…

i am New in the Game

So, thanks for having me

Bane :P

Re: INTRO THREAD THE THIRD

Posted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 11:09 am UTC
by djangochained
Hey Guys!

I'm new here. I live in Berlin right now.

Re: INTRO THREAD THE THIRD

Posted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 1:20 pm UTC
by Monika
Where do you live normally?

Re: INTRO THREAD THE THIRD

Posted: Mon Mar 06, 2017 8:23 am UTC
by djangochained
Monika wrote:Where do you live normally?

I am from Canada:)

Re: INTRO THREAD THE THIRD

Posted: Mon Mar 06, 2017 11:29 am UTC
by Monika
I hope you enjoy Berlin and this forum.

Re: INTRO THREAD THE THIRD

Posted: Sat Mar 25, 2017 6:03 pm UTC
by Writergirl
Hello everybody! I've loved the comic for a long time, and I had no idea there was a forum! I'm exited to talk to you people about all sorts of fun stuff! I don't know much about computers, I'm more of an art person, but maybe I'll learn something by hanging out here.

Re: INTRO THREAD THE THIRD

Posted: Sat Mar 25, 2017 6:29 pm UTC
by Soupspoon
Writergirl wrote:Hello everybody! I've loved the comic for a long time, and I had no idea there was a forum! I'm exited to talk to you people about all sorts of fun stuff! I don't know much about computers, I'm more of an art person, but maybe I'll learn something by hanging out here.

I am not an official welcomer, and far from artistic myself, but I feel sure that I can extend the general welcome in return. Enjoy!

Re: INTRO THREAD THE THIRD

Posted: Sun Mar 26, 2017 3:25 pm UTC
by Monika
There are no official welcomers as far as I am aware.

Re: INTRO THREAD THE THIRD

Posted: Sun Mar 26, 2017 4:39 pm UTC
by Soupspoon
Monika wrote:There are no official welcomers as far as I am aware.

Thus the certainty that I am not one. ;)

(Though your fact was in there, originally, but did not survive my editing-to-conciseness process... Now, shush. I don't want to scare anyone off... :P)

Re: INTRO THREAD THE THIRD

Posted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 5:43 pm UTC
by SecondTalon
Monika wrote:There are no official welcomers as far as I am aware.

Pretty sure that's you.

Re: INTRO THREAD THE THIRD

Posted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 9:11 pm UTC
by smailliW maiL (Reversed)
I haven't used a PHPBB forum since I created an internal rule that I wouldn't under principal of usability...

Guess I broke this rule. (I can't persuade you to move to XenForo can I?).

Either way, I'm Liam (if you're good at reading text backwards [and you read the username before the post], you'll know that already. You'll also know my last name. It's a common name though, so googling won't get you much.)... I do stuff. Breathing is one of them. Programming is another. Going to university is a third.

I'm currently living in Ilford, which is technically in London. I was born in Carlisle, and lived most of my life in Barrow-in-Furness. They're all towns or cities in England.

Either way, that's my introduction...

Liam

Re: INTRO THREAD THE THIRD

Posted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 4:42 pm UTC
by Monika
I like PhpBB forums.

Re: INTRO THREAD THE THIRD

Posted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 5:06 pm UTC
by flicky1991
smailliW maiL (Reversed) wrote:I'm currently living in Ilford, which is technically in London.

I'm about as technically in London as you are! On the same train line, even.

Re: INTRO THREAD THE THIRD

Posted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 5:51 pm UTC
by addams
flicky1991 wrote:
smailliW maiL (Reversed) wrote:I'm currently living in Ilford, which is technically in London.

I'm about as technically in London as you are! On the same train line, even.
An xkcd Meet Up!
You two may be on the same train, anyway.

Re: INTRO THREAD THE THIRD

Posted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 6:02 pm UTC
by Soupspoon
addams wrote:
flicky1991 wrote:
smailliW maiL (Reversed) wrote:I'm currently living in Ilford, which is technically in London.

I'm about as technically in London as you are! On the same train line, even.
An xkcd Meet Up!
You two may be on the same train, anyway.

And if you find that you can meet up at a special spot of transit...

Re: INTRO THREAD THE THIRD

Posted: Tue May 02, 2017 4:04 am UTC
by xlucas
Hi, guys. Well, I'm new over here. My name is Lucas and I live in Argentina. I have no profession, but I am an enthusiast in mostly everything that requires thinking, mostly math, logic and computer programming.... also natural sciences.... grammar.... anything. Doesn't mean I am that good at all of those... I just like them. So I still have to read around and learn more about this forum. It looks very, very big. Greetings from South America! :)

Re: INTRO THREAD THE THIRD

Posted: Wed May 03, 2017 9:06 am UTC
by Monika
Hi Lucas, I think you will find several subforums exactly to your liking here :)

Re: INTRO THREAD THE THIRD

Posted: Sat May 06, 2017 12:03 pm UTC
by the apprentice
Hi
My name is Dan, I am an old schooler at almost 60 and been on the web since day one, I have reinvented myself many times and about 25 years ago I quit my job as a mechanical engineer and went skills searching.
Today I'm a Heinz 57'er of different skills, traditional skills as well as modern IT kind of stuff, like trad shoe maker twixt 3D Solidworks pilot designer in house.

When I get enough posts I will begin posting my projects and let me say there are quite a few.

Tops

Dan.

Re: INTRO THREAD THE THIRD

Posted: Sat May 06, 2017 4:55 pm UTC
by Monika
Welcome to the forum! What's a Heinz 57'er?

Re: INTRO THREAD THE THIRD

Posted: Sat May 06, 2017 5:32 pm UTC
by SecondTalon
Monika wrote:Welcome to the forum! What's a Heinz 57'er?

Slang for a (usually large) mixture of different things, most often a reference to a dog with a large or undetermined lineage aka a mutt.

Re: INTRO THREAD THE THIRD

Posted: Sun May 07, 2017 3:37 pm UTC
by Monika
Ah, thanks!

Re: INTRO THREAD THE THIRD

Posted: Wed May 10, 2017 2:55 pm UTC
by DethStalker
hi

Re: INTRO THREAD THE THIRD

Posted: Wed May 10, 2017 9:43 pm UTC
by measure
Hello everyone,

I realized that I have yet to make an introduction here. As it was no longer a requirement when I joined, it seems I missed it when I went over the rules. Afterward, when I saw this thread mentioned, I assumed I must already have posted here.

I am measure. It refers to a standard or unit to which some quantity might be compared as well as to a single portion or serving of a substance.

My avatar is a combination of the tic marks on a ruler (indicating measurement of space) and a "measure" from a musical score (indicating measurement of time).

I am from Iowa (USA). I also work in Iowa. My degree is in Mechanical Engineering, but I am also very interested in math (esp. geometry), programming, and combining the two. My current job is in 3D modeling and architectural CAD.

I've been heavily lurking for a couple of years and posting here and there. Now all of you lovely people officially know who I am.

*resumes lurking*

Re: INTRO THREAD THE THIRD

Posted: Thu May 11, 2017 3:42 pm UTC
by DGames | Bard
Hi! Came here from a different site to play some Mafia. Hopefully I knock out these 5 new user posts quickly before the game starts. :shock:

Re: INTRO THREAD THE THIRD

Posted: Thu May 11, 2017 6:15 pm UTC
by Monika
DethStalker wrote:hi

hi

measure wrote:My avatar is a combination of the tic marks on a ruler (indicating measurement of space) and a "measure" from a musical score (indicating measurement of time).

How extremely neat!

DGames | Bard wrote:Hi! Came here from a different site to play some Mafia. Hopefully I knock out these 5 new user posts quickly before the game starts. :shock:

Hi mafioso!

Re: INTRO THREAD THE THIRD

Posted: Wed May 31, 2017 12:16 am UTC
by Lavender Manna
Hi! Allow me to introduce myself.

I've been a regular on this forum since 2007~2008. My first account, Camoninja, fell victim to a "post here and get banned" thread because I was an obnoxious 13 year old who didn't know shit about the internet (I think I tried to get into an argument with Belial). I'm still active as thecamoninja, but I made that account in like 2009. You probably haven't seen me because I post exclusively in forum games.

The reason for this account is that in the intervening years, I have discovered that I am not in fact an obnoxious teenage boy like I thought, but an obnoxious 20-something trans girl. Online self-representation and identity matter a lot to me, so I wanted an account with my new chosen online handle, rather than the one I thought of when I was 12. The only reason I'm posting this is to explain to whatever mod has to approve me, and also because I want my sig back before I start posting in forum games with this.

Re: INTRO THREAD THE THIRD

Posted: Wed May 31, 2017 5:28 am UTC
by flicky1991
Welcome again! :D