Hifaleetin' thoughts

Things that don't belong anywhere else. (Check first).

Moderators: Moderators General, Prelates, Magistrates

User avatar
Aikanaro
Posts: 1801
Joined: Wed Sep 24, 2008 1:43 pm UTC
Location: Saint Louis, MO

Re: Fleeting/Random/Thoughts (now with 20% more fungus!)

Postby Aikanaro » Wed Dec 10, 2008 5:17 pm UTC

Anyone know if it's legal to have an armadillo as a pet? Wiki has failed me on this matter....
Dear xkcd,

On behalf of my religion, I'm sorry so many of us do dumb shit. Please forgive us.

Love, Aikanaro.

User avatar
bigglesworth
I feel like Biggles should have a title
Posts: 7461
Joined: Sat Apr 07, 2007 9:29 pm UTC
Location: Airstrip One

Re: Fleeting/Random/Thoughts (now with 20% more fungus!)

Postby bigglesworth » Wed Dec 10, 2008 5:20 pm UTC

Moo wrote:bigglesworth, spoil climactic movie scenes much?


Occasionally.
Generation Y. I don't remember the First Gulf War, but do remember floppy disks.

User avatar
Affableprechaun
Posts: 156
Joined: Mon Dec 08, 2008 2:23 am UTC
Location: Gainesville, Florida, USA
Contact:

Re: Fleeting/Random/Thoughts (now with 20% more fungus!)

Postby Affableprechaun » Wed Dec 10, 2008 5:28 pm UTC

Aikanaro wrote:Anyone know if it's legal to have an armadillo as a pet? Wiki has failed me on this matter....


Here is an article on the Armadillo as a pet. The most important section for your question being "Warning" where it mentions that it is illegal without a permit most places, and that to go along with that, you might not get one simply for saying you want one as a pet.

User avatar
Aikanaro
Posts: 1801
Joined: Wed Sep 24, 2008 1:43 pm UTC
Location: Saint Louis, MO

Re: Fleeting/Random/Thoughts (now with 20% more fungus!)

Postby Aikanaro » Wed Dec 10, 2008 5:35 pm UTC

Roger that thanks, I was afraid it'd be trickier than most pets.....
Dear xkcd,

On behalf of my religion, I'm sorry so many of us do dumb shit. Please forgive us.

Love, Aikanaro.

User avatar
xndrew
Look on my hair, ye Mighty, and despair!
Posts: 1077
Joined: Fri Sep 14, 2007 1:05 am UTC
Location: North East USA
Contact:

Re: Fleeting/Random/Thoughts (now with 20% more fungus!)

Postby xndrew » Wed Dec 10, 2008 5:47 pm UTC

I've yet to learn about someones smart and pretty exgirlfriend or friendly and forgiving exboyfriend. Seems they're all psychos, control freaks, and assholes.

User avatar
Armadillo Al
Posts: 934
Joined: Thu Aug 14, 2008 4:17 pm UTC
Location: Illinois

Re: Fleeting/Random/Thoughts (now with 20% more fungus!)

Postby Armadillo Al » Wed Dec 10, 2008 5:49 pm UTC

Affableprechaun wrote:Here is an article on the Armadillo as a pet.


That article wrote:Armadillos occasionally carry leprosy; humans have rarely been infected with this disease after handling live armadillos.


Oh, so that's where my arm went.
Compiling.. wrote:xkcd... where EVERYONE loves EVERYONE...

User avatar
TaintedDeity
Posts: 4003
Joined: Sun Feb 10, 2008 7:22 pm UTC
Location: England;

Re: Fleeting/Random/Thoughts (now with 20% more fungus!)

Postby TaintedDeity » Wed Dec 10, 2008 5:51 pm UTC

@xndrew
They might not want to mention the nice ones.
Too bitter.
Or, the breakup was messy and so the horrible final times are what stick in their mind.
Ⓞⓞ◯

User avatar
Aikanaro
Posts: 1801
Joined: Wed Sep 24, 2008 1:43 pm UTC
Location: Saint Louis, MO

Re: Fleeting/Random/Thoughts (now with 20% more fungus!)

Postby Aikanaro » Wed Dec 10, 2008 5:52 pm UTC

xndrew wrote:I've yet to learn about someones smart and pretty exgirlfriend or friendly and forgiving exboyfriend. Seems they're all psychos, control freaks, and assholes.

I'm someone's friendly* and forgiving exboyfriend. Does that count? :P

*This line has been deleted in defiance of LTB! I AM EENVEENCEEBALL!
Last edited by Aikanaro on Wed Dec 10, 2008 6:04 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.
Dear xkcd,

On behalf of my religion, I'm sorry so many of us do dumb shit. Please forgive us.

Love, Aikanaro.

User avatar
Raiku
Posts: 295
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2008 9:11 pm UTC
Location: Your Fridge
Contact:

Re: Fleeting/Random/Thoughts (now with 20% more fungus!)

Postby Raiku » Wed Dec 10, 2008 5:53 pm UTC

I don't understand why it's easier to say hugs in a text, or on a fora, than give someone hugs in real life...

User avatar
Affableprechaun
Posts: 156
Joined: Mon Dec 08, 2008 2:23 am UTC
Location: Gainesville, Florida, USA
Contact:

Re: Fleeting/Random/Thoughts (now with 20% more fungus!)

Postby Affableprechaun » Wed Dec 10, 2008 5:54 pm UTC

xndrew wrote:I've yet to learn about someones smart and pretty exgirlfriend or friendly and forgiving exboyfriend. Seems they're all psychos, control freaks, and assholes.


My ex is smart, pretty, caring and generally wonderful (except the things she said about me during the break up and running off with another guy immediately afterwards... that wasn't so wonderful). I would have been happy with her to my death I suspect, with me as in love as I was. But she was by her own admission during and after, wildly jealous and controlling.

User avatar
Jessica
Jessica, you're a ...
Posts: 8337
Joined: Tue Oct 23, 2007 8:57 pm UTC
Location: Soviet Canuckistan

Re: Fleeting/Random/Thoughts (now with 20% more fungus!)

Postby Jessica » Wed Dec 10, 2008 6:01 pm UTC

Aikanaro wrote:
xndrew wrote:I've yet to learn about someones smart and pretty exgirlfriend or friendly and forgiving exboyfriend. Seems they're all psychos, control freaks, and assholes.

I'm someone's friendly* and forgiving exboyfriend. Does that count? :P

*friendly to people other than the person I'm an exboyfriend to.

LTB STRIKES AGAIN!
doogly wrote:On a scale of Mr Rogers to Fascism, how mean do you think we're being?
Belial wrote:My goal is to be the best brain infection any of you have ever had.

User avatar
rrwoods
Posts: 1509
Joined: Mon Sep 24, 2007 5:57 pm UTC
Location: US

Re: Fleeting/Random/Thoughts (now with 20% more fungus!)

Postby rrwoods » Wed Dec 10, 2008 6:04 pm UTC

Raiku wrote:I don't understand why it's easier to say hugs in a text, or on a fora, than give someone hugs in real life...

[ from an emotional standpoint ] I don't find that to be true. Anyone I'd type "*hugs*" to I'd also not think twice about hugging for real.

Unless they smelled really bad. Then I'd think two or three times and still do it. :-P
31/M/taken/US
age/gender/interest/country

Belial wrote:The sex card is tournament legal. And I am tapping it for, like, six mana.

User avatar
Aikanaro
Posts: 1801
Joined: Wed Sep 24, 2008 1:43 pm UTC
Location: Saint Louis, MO

Re: Fleeting/Random/Thoughts (now with 20% more fungus!)

Postby Aikanaro » Wed Dec 10, 2008 6:05 pm UTC

Jessica wrote:
Aikanaro wrote:
xndrew wrote:I've yet to learn about someones smart and pretty exgirlfriend or friendly and forgiving exboyfriend. Seems they're all psychos, control freaks, and assholes.

I'm someone's friendly* and forgiving exboyfriend. Does that count? :P

*friendly to people other than the person I'm an exboyfriend to.

LTB STRIKES AGAIN!

Huh? That's not what I wrote...just check my earlier post!

EENVEENCEEBALL!
Dear xkcd,

On behalf of my religion, I'm sorry so many of us do dumb shit. Please forgive us.

Love, Aikanaro.

User avatar
benjhuey
Posts: 3328
Joined: Sat Sep 08, 2007 2:35 am UTC
Location: A collection of rocks

Re: Fleeting/Random/Thoughts (now with 20% more fungus!)

Postby benjhuey » Wed Dec 10, 2008 6:07 pm UTC

Raiku wrote:I don't understand why it's easier to say hugs in a text, or on a fora, than give someone hugs in real life...

Because in real life, you might actually have to touch them.
多么现在棕色母牛?

User avatar
Jessica
Jessica, you're a ...
Posts: 8337
Joined: Tue Oct 23, 2007 8:57 pm UTC
Location: Soviet Canuckistan

Re: Fleeting/Random/Thoughts (now with 20% more fungus!)

Postby Jessica » Wed Dec 10, 2008 6:08 pm UTC

Aikanaro wrote:
Jessica wrote:
Aikanaro wrote:
xndrew wrote:I've yet to learn about someones smart and pretty exgirlfriend or friendly and forgiving exboyfriend. Seems they're all psychos, control freaks, and assholes.

I'm someone's friendly* and forgiving exboyfriend. Does that count? :P

*friendly to people other than the person I'm an exboyfriend to.

LTB STRIKES AGAIN!

Huh? That's not what I wrote...just check my earlier post!

Last edited by Aikanaro on Wed Dec 10, 2008 1:04 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.

you can't stop me.
doogly wrote:On a scale of Mr Rogers to Fascism, how mean do you think we're being?
Belial wrote:My goal is to be the best brain infection any of you have ever had.

User avatar
Aikanaro
Posts: 1801
Joined: Wed Sep 24, 2008 1:43 pm UTC
Location: Saint Louis, MO

Re: Fleeting/Random/Thoughts (now with 20% more fungus!)

Postby Aikanaro » Wed Dec 10, 2008 6:10 pm UTC

/shakes fist in impotent rage
Your day willl come, LTB!
Dear xkcd,

On behalf of my religion, I'm sorry so many of us do dumb shit. Please forgive us.

Love, Aikanaro.

User avatar
benjhuey
Posts: 3328
Joined: Sat Sep 08, 2007 2:35 am UTC
Location: A collection of rocks

Re: Fleeting/Random/Thoughts (now with 20% more fungus!)

Postby benjhuey » Wed Dec 10, 2008 6:11 pm UTC

It's much easier to admit you've fucked up than attempt to undo your mistake. Trust me, I know from experience.
多么现在棕色母牛?

User avatar
Affableprechaun
Posts: 156
Joined: Mon Dec 08, 2008 2:23 am UTC
Location: Gainesville, Florida, USA
Contact:

Re: Fleeting/Random/Thoughts (now with 20% more fungus!)

Postby Affableprechaun » Wed Dec 10, 2008 6:15 pm UTC

Raiku wrote:I don't understand why it's easier to say hugs in a text, or on a fora, than give someone hugs in real life...


I'm about the same with variations of "I love you" to friends. I toss out "love ya" or "<3" and mean it completely. Throw them out all the time online. But saying it in person to a friend can go... poorly. Nothing like ruining a perfectly good night with a friend by throwing out a vague "love ya" and them looking at you funny.

User avatar
Aikanaro
Posts: 1801
Joined: Wed Sep 24, 2008 1:43 pm UTC
Location: Saint Louis, MO

Re: Fleeting/Random/Thoughts (now with 20% more fungus!)

Postby Aikanaro » Wed Dec 10, 2008 6:18 pm UTC

benjhuey wrote:It's much easier to admit you've fucked up than attempt to undo your mistake. Trust me, I know from experience.

Perhaps, but it flies directly in the face of my life's philosophy of "What would Dr. Doom do?"
Dear xkcd,

On behalf of my religion, I'm sorry so many of us do dumb shit. Please forgive us.

Love, Aikanaro.

User avatar
3fj
Posts: 1715
Joined: Wed Jun 11, 2008 1:13 pm UTC
Location: Land of Whisky and Bagpipes (LOWAB)
Contact:

Re: Fleeting/Random/Thoughts (now with 20% more fungus!)

Postby 3fj » Wed Dec 10, 2008 6:21 pm UTC

xndrew wrote:I've yet to learn about someones smart and pretty exgirlfriend or friendly and forgiving exboyfriend. Seems they're all psychos, control freaks, and assholes.


My ex was both smart and pretty, but she had pretty low self esteem and ended up leaving me because of it.

I really don't know if that proves your theory or not.

EDIT:
On a happier note, I got a new phone, with photo prospects!

Which is good, because my old one was heavily taped up and has been for about 6 months.
Last edited by 3fj on Wed Dec 10, 2008 6:30 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.
Everything's dead until it's alive. Man will exist, and then he will die. Just take the ride!

Cherry Kiss
¡This cheese is burning me!
Posts: 627
Joined: Tue Oct 28, 2008 4:35 pm UTC

Re: Fleeting/Random/Thoughts (now with 20% more fungus!)

Postby Cherry Kiss » Wed Dec 10, 2008 6:27 pm UTC

xndrew wrote:I've yet to learn about someones smart and pretty exgirlfriend or friendly and forgiving exboyfriend. Seems they're all psychos, control freaks, and assholes.

I have ex's that i am still friends with. The are nicer people now too. We tend to joke around about whatever "serious" relationship we tried to have. It makes for fun giggles. I <3 them for being who they are now.

(Though, I have a few ex's that I am glad we never talk anymore. Some of them moved away and I couldn't be happier.)

FT: Wow I have a lot of ex's. I'm not sure how i feel about that.
What they call love is a risk,
'Cause you will always get hit
Out of nowhere by some wave
And end up on your own.

User avatar
xndrew
Look on my hair, ye Mighty, and despair!
Posts: 1077
Joined: Fri Sep 14, 2007 1:05 am UTC
Location: North East USA
Contact:

Re: Fleeting/Random/Thoughts (now with 20% more fungus!)

Postby xndrew » Wed Dec 10, 2008 6:31 pm UTC

I was just commenting on the tendency for people to demonize those they've once dated. I suppose I was simply wondering about how I see my exgirlfriends, about how I tend to have nothing but nice things to say about them. Even when they did something really shitty, I can talk about it and I tend to empathize with them. I wrote that post as a joke, I didn't think anyone would actually take it seriously. Then again, I wonder if I would have talked negatively about them closer to the split. I don't know these things, I don't think any of them are wrong or right, they just are.

User avatar
rrwoods
Posts: 1509
Joined: Mon Sep 24, 2007 5:57 pm UTC
Location: US

Re: Fleeting/Random/Thoughts (now with 20% more fungus!)

Postby rrwoods » Wed Dec 10, 2008 6:37 pm UTC

xndrew wrote:I was just commenting on the tendency for people to demonize those they've once dated. I suppose I was simply wondering about how I see my exgirlfriends, about how I tend to have nothing but nice things to say about them. Even when they did something really shitty, I can talk about it and I tend to empathize with them. I wrote that post as a joke, I didn't think anyone would actually take it seriously. Then again, I wonder if I would have talked negatively about them closer to the split. I don't know these things, I don't think any of them are wrong or right, they just are.

On that vein, though, most of the time the one "ex" I still talk to I don't really refer to as my "ex", I just refer to her as a friend. If other people do the same thing, that might have something to do with the perceived demonizing of exes.
31/M/taken/US
age/gender/interest/country

Belial wrote:The sex card is tournament legal. And I am tapping it for, like, six mana.

User avatar
Torvaun
Posts: 2615
Joined: Mon Aug 13, 2007 6:23 pm UTC
Location: 47°9′S, 126°43′W
Contact:

Re: Fleeting/Random/Thoughts (now with 20% more fungus!)

Postby Torvaun » Wed Dec 10, 2008 6:47 pm UTC

My brother has stayed on good terms with most of his ex-girlfriends. That said, in deference to his feelings, we just don't talk about the crazy stalker bitch.
Hawknc wrote:I don't know if you've never heard of trolling, or if you're just very good at it.

User avatar
3fj
Posts: 1715
Joined: Wed Jun 11, 2008 1:13 pm UTC
Location: Land of Whisky and Bagpipes (LOWAB)
Contact:

Re: Fleeting/Random/Thoughts (now with 20% more fungus!)

Postby 3fj » Wed Dec 10, 2008 6:51 pm UTC

I currently have an eyepatch, rum and torrenting software in arms reach.

Yarrrr.
Everything's dead until it's alive. Man will exist, and then he will die. Just take the ride!

User avatar
xndrew
Look on my hair, ye Mighty, and despair!
Posts: 1077
Joined: Fri Sep 14, 2007 1:05 am UTC
Location: North East USA
Contact:

Re: Fleeting/Random/Thoughts (now with 20% more fungus!)

Postby xndrew » Wed Dec 10, 2008 7:07 pm UTC

rrwoods wrote:
xndrew wrote:I was just commenting on the tendency for people to demonize those they've once dated. I suppose I was simply wondering about how I see my exgirlfriends, about how I tend to have nothing but nice things to say about them. Even when they did something really shitty, I can talk about it and I tend to empathize with them. I wrote that post as a joke, I didn't think anyone would actually take it seriously. Then again, I wonder if I would have talked negatively about them closer to the split. I don't know these things, I don't think any of them are wrong or right, they just are.

On that vein, though, most of the time the one "ex" I still talk to I don't really refer to as my "ex", I just refer to her as a friend. If other people do the same thing, that might have something to do with the perceived demonizing of exes.

Well, I guess that doesn't really change what I'm saying, but it's a good point.

User avatar
She
Posts: 406
Joined: Fri Nov 28, 2008 8:08 pm UTC
Location: Sweden

Re: Fleeting/Random/Thoughts (now with 20% more fungus!)

Postby She » Wed Dec 10, 2008 7:28 pm UTC

We've had too few of these posts lately: It's snowing!

In other news: I've had a haircut. I managed to get my hair about half as long, but still look like a girl. Doh...

So, does anyone know where to find the Pokémon Intro Theme, you know the one that starts with "I'm gonna be the very best..."? And I'm talking about the notes here (perhaps that's not the correct word... I'm referring to the sheet of paper with the musical notation here. If you don't have a one-word-expression for it, like we have in Sweden, you have a bad language). We're going to sing it in school and need all the parts.
She speaks in the third person
So she can forget that she's me

User avatar
SecondTalon
SexyTalon
Posts: 26528
Joined: Sat May 05, 2007 2:10 pm UTC
Location: Louisville, Kentucky, USA, Mars. HA!
Contact:

Re: Fleeting/Random/Thoughts (now with 20% more fungus!)

Postby SecondTalon » Wed Dec 10, 2008 7:30 pm UTC

The sheet music.

You need the sheet music for the Pokemon theme.
heuristically_alone wrote:I want to write a DnD campaign and play it by myself and DM it myself.
heuristically_alone wrote:I have been informed that this is called writing a book.

User avatar
She
Posts: 406
Joined: Fri Nov 28, 2008 8:08 pm UTC
Location: Sweden

Re: Fleeting/Random/Thoughts (now with 20% more fungus!)

Postby She » Wed Dec 10, 2008 7:35 pm UTC

Thanks. That's right, I need the sheet music for the Pokémon Theme.
Then again, one-word-expression in Swedish...
Ok I should quit.
She speaks in the third person
So she can forget that she's me

User avatar
SecondTalon
SexyTalon
Posts: 26528
Joined: Sat May 05, 2007 2:10 pm UTC
Location: Louisville, Kentucky, USA, Mars. HA!
Contact:

Re: Fleeting/Random/Thoughts (now with 20% more fungus!)

Postby SecondTalon » Wed Dec 10, 2008 7:39 pm UTC

Yeah, my though process upon meeting people who know more than one language pretty much runs

"You know English and X. HOLY SHIT! I can't even imagine how fucked up your thoughts are, gramatically speaking."

Such as using English words but Swedish grammatical rules for subject-verb placement, tensing, and adjective order.
heuristically_alone wrote:I want to write a DnD campaign and play it by myself and DM it myself.
heuristically_alone wrote:I have been informed that this is called writing a book.

User avatar
thecommabandit
Posts: 1884
Joined: Sun Aug 05, 2007 6:25 pm UTC
Location: Manchester, UK
Contact:

Re: Fleeting/Random/Thoughts (now with 20% more fungus!)

Postby thecommabandit » Wed Dec 10, 2008 7:50 pm UTC

SecondTalon wrote:Such as using English words but Swedish grammatical rules for subject-verb placement, tensing, and adjective order.

One guy in my Spanish class loves translating things literally and preserving their order, then reading them aloud. So something like "Creo que la camino con mucho tráfico." becomes "I believe that the way is with much traffic.". It's always kinda amusing.
Image

maninblack
Posts: 503
Joined: Tue May 06, 2008 2:44 pm UTC
Location: I'm out of my mind at the moment please leave a message after the beep.

Re: Fleeting/Random/Thoughts (now with 20% more fungus!)

Postby maninblack » Wed Dec 10, 2008 7:51 pm UTC

SecondTalon wrote:"You know English and X. HOLY SHIT! I can't even imagine how fucked up your thoughts are, gramatically speaking."


Yeah there's so many ways that could be twisted I don't even know where to start .
addams wrote:It was like a game of Rugby and I was the Puck. Yeah. I was taking a beating and I was in the wrong game.
roband wrote:If this is a serious question, the answer is no.
If it's a philosophical one, I have no idea.

User avatar
ethraax
Posts: 457
Joined: Mon Dec 08, 2008 11:19 pm UTC

Re: Fleeting/Random/Thoughts (now with 20% more fungus!)

Postby ethraax » Wed Dec 10, 2008 7:54 pm UTC

maninblack wrote:
SecondTalon wrote:"You know English and X. HOLY SHIT! I can't even imagine how fucked up your thoughts are, gramatically speaking."


Yeah there's so many ways that could be twisted I don't even know where to start .


You must be better than me, I can only think of... 2 ways.
Meowgan wrote:It's just like knitting, but with less knitting.

User avatar
She
Posts: 406
Joined: Fri Nov 28, 2008 8:08 pm UTC
Location: Sweden

Re: Fleeting/Random/Thoughts (now with 20% more fungus!)

Postby She » Wed Dec 10, 2008 7:56 pm UTC

SecondTalon wrote:"You know English and X. HOLY SHIT! I can't even imagine how fucked up your thoughts are, gramatically speaking."

I haven't thought of it that way before. To me I just think in Swedish and then use about as much English words as I do when I actually speak. Which is a fair amount.
She speaks in the third person
So she can forget that she's me

User avatar
Torvaun
Posts: 2615
Joined: Mon Aug 13, 2007 6:23 pm UTC
Location: 47°9′S, 126°43′W
Contact:

Re: Fleeting/Random/Thoughts (now with 20% more fungus!)

Postby Torvaun » Wed Dec 10, 2008 8:24 pm UTC

She wrote:Thanks. That's right, I need the sheet music for the Pokémon Theme.
Then again, one-word-expression in Swedish...
Ok I should quit.
You could also use the one-word-expression 'score' in English.
Hawknc wrote:I don't know if you've never heard of trolling, or if you're just very good at it.

User avatar
3fj
Posts: 1715
Joined: Wed Jun 11, 2008 1:13 pm UTC
Location: Land of Whisky and Bagpipes (LOWAB)
Contact:

Re: Fleeting/Random/Thoughts (now with 20% more fungus!)

Postby 3fj » Wed Dec 10, 2008 8:52 pm UTC

Thats what she said!

Id venture for "Biggest stretch of the joke evar"
Everything's dead until it's alive. Man will exist, and then he will die. Just take the ride!

User avatar
eternal luna
Posts: 1484
Joined: Sun Oct 14, 2007 7:54 am UTC
Location: Сидней

Re: Fleeting/Random/Thoughts (now with 20% more fungus!)

Postby eternal luna » Wed Dec 10, 2008 9:05 pm UTC

She wrote:
SecondTalon wrote:"You know English and X. HOLY SHIT! I can't even imagine how fucked up your thoughts are, gramatically speaking."

I haven't thought of it that way before. To me I just think in Swedish and then use about as much English words as I do when I actually speak. Which is a fair amount.
I don't know, I seem to be able to separate the languages fairly easily in my mind; it's only when I have to cross over quickly and repeatedly that there is any confusion, or when I am simply too tired. (I know English, Russian, some Spanish, and more Latin.)
Alexius:-Охуели? Нахуя дохуя хуйний нахуярили? Расхуяривай нахуй!
-Хули? Нихуя! Нехуй расхуяривать! Нахуячено нехуёво! Похуярили!
Gojoe: We are all inferior to you luna.

User avatar
Armadillo Al
Posts: 934
Joined: Thu Aug 14, 2008 4:17 pm UTC
Location: Illinois

Re: Fleeting/Random/Thoughts (now with 20% more fungus!)

Postby Armadillo Al » Wed Dec 10, 2008 9:07 pm UTC

Random thought: A minute ago, I wondered how much money Wheel of Fortune contestants have spent over the years to buy vowels.

A few quick back-of-the-envelope calculations tell me the total number is probably somewhere over twelve million dollars spent on vowels since 1975.

Honestly, I thought the number would be a little higher than that.
Compiling.. wrote:xkcd... where EVERYONE loves EVERYONE...

User avatar
Lolsaur
Posts: 630
Joined: Wed Feb 13, 2008 2:40 pm UTC
Location: Stonehaven, Scotland
Contact:

Re: Fleeting/Random/Thoughts (now with 20% more fungus!)

Postby Lolsaur » Wed Dec 10, 2008 9:16 pm UTC

3fj wrote:I currently have an eyepatch, rum and torrenting software in arms reach.

Yarrrr.


I was actually in fits of laughter reading this. Does nobody else think it awesome, comically? Just me?

Thank you, 3fj.
Worst Fight Scene Ever

This cosy, special made for this Teapot

Spoiler:
You've never looked better than you did that night
And your eyes have never looked so blue
And when we kissed it was like nothing else existed
As time stood still for me and you

User avatar
pseudoidiot
Sexy Beard Man
Posts: 5100
Joined: Mon Apr 21, 2008 9:30 pm UTC
Location: Kansas City
Contact:

Re: Fleeting/Random/Thoughts (now with 20% more fungus!)

Postby pseudoidiot » Wed Dec 10, 2008 9:18 pm UTC

I dressed up as a software pirate a few Halloweens ago.
Derailed : Gaming Outside the Box.
SecondTalon wrote:*swoons* I love you, all powerful pseudoidiot!
ShootTheChicken wrote:I can't stop thinking about pseudoidiot's penis.


Return to “General”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 32 guests