Hifaleetin' thoughts

Things that don't belong anywhere else. (Check first).

Moderators: Moderators General, Prelates, Magistrates

|Erasmus|
Branson

Re: Fleeting/Random/Thoughts (now with 20% more fungus!)

Postby |Erasmus| » Mon Mar 30, 2009 9:51 am UTC

I has cheesecake...

Helios471

Postby Helios471 » Mon Mar 30, 2009 9:58 am UTC

What kind of cheesecake, good sir?

|Erasmus|
Branson

Postby |Erasmus| » Mon Mar 30, 2009 10:08 am UTC

Helios471 wrote:What kind of cheesecake, good sir?

a baked berry swirl cheesecake... is very delicious.

Helios471

Postby Helios471 » Mon Mar 30, 2009 10:13 am UTC

A baked cheesecake is the king of cakes.

LL Cool J
___ and ___

Postby LL Cool J » Mon Mar 30, 2009 10:27 am UTC

rnew wrote:End of kitties
Spoiler:

I can't see anything. Did you 404 the kitties? :(
Rippy wrote:Slogan: "Beauty. Grace. Fluticasone propionate. Inhale twice daily."

suffer-cait
Yes, that's my perfectly normal house cat, why do you ask?

Postby suffer-cait » Mon Mar 30, 2009 10:38 am UTC

we're cleaning out the shit in my house and i found a box of my dad's old magazines. guitar, car, computer, and sports illustrated swimsuit issue mags from the 80s.
ImageImageImageImageImage

Luthen

Postby Luthen » Mon Mar 30, 2009 11:53 am UTC

__jess wrote:
rnew wrote:End of kitties
Spoiler:
I can't see anything. Did you 404 the kitties? :(
It's a Massachuesetts number plate reading 778 XTY.

RT: See making the world a weirder place.
My fancy new blog Image I am not a vampire! Image PM my location for a prize!*

rnew: ALL GLORY TO THE HYPNOAVATAR!
*Terms + conditions changeable

|Erasmus|
Branson

Postby |Erasmus| » Mon Mar 30, 2009 12:05 pm UTC

Helios471 wrote:A baked cheesecake is the king of cakes.

eh. I usually prefer the refrigerated kind...

Luthen

Postby Luthen » Mon Mar 30, 2009 12:08 pm UTC

|Erasmus| wrote:
eh. I usually prefer the refrigerated kind...
Either my sticky date pudding cake, or my mum's lumberjack cake for me.

Meowgan
<3 Everyone [...] Especially Gordon

Postby Meowgan » Mon Mar 30, 2009 12:18 pm UTC

My nose hurts. I smell like kerosene.
<L> dude. she made a motherfucking stargate.
<L> you need to keep this girl. do whatever it takes.

rnew
RAAAAAAGGGHHH I'M A DINOSAUR

Postby rnew » Mon Mar 30, 2009 12:25 pm UTC

Meowgan wrote:My nose hurts. I smell like kerosene.
Are these separate comments. Or are you implying that because your nose hurts, your ability to smell is now like that of Kerosene's ability to smell, which isn't good since it has no nose.
Meowgan wrote:Rnew, you're so hot. Boom!
Zohar wrote:Seriously rnew, I cannot get over how awesome your avatar is. It brings up a smile every time I see it.

Meowgan
<3 Everyone [...] Especially Gordon

Postby Meowgan » Mon Mar 30, 2009 12:28 pm UTC

rnew wrote:
Meowgan wrote:My nose hurts. I smell like kerosene.
Are these separate comments. Or are you implying that because your nose hurts, your ability to smell is now like that of Kerosene's ability to smell, which isn't good since it has no nose.
The two are unrelated.
<L> dude. she made a motherfucking stargate.
<L> you need to keep this girl. do whatever it takes.

phlip
Restorer of Worlds

Postby phlip » Mon Mar 30, 2009 12:35 pm UTC

Meowgan wrote:kerosene

Is this some new form of knitting of which I was not previously aware?

Code: Select all

enum ಠ_ಠ {°□°╰=1, °Д°╰, ಠ益ಠ╰};
void ┻━┻︵​╰(ಠ_ಠ ⚠) {exit((int)⚠);}
[he/him/his]

Hit3k

Postby Hit3k » Mon Mar 30, 2009 1:22 pm UTC

Chopin's nocturnes are amazing. Classical music always makes me wish I'd learnt the piano.
Sungura wrote:My mom made me watch a star wars. Two of them , actually. The Death Star one and the one where the dude ends up in the swamp with the weird guy who talks funny.

Alpha Omicron

Postby Alpha Omicron » Mon Mar 30, 2009 2:04 pm UTC

Cheesecake is not cake. It is a kind of custard pie.
Here is a link to a page which leverages aggregation of my tweetbook social blogomedia.

<nyssa>

Postby <nyssa> » Mon Mar 30, 2009 2:18 pm UTC

Cheesecake is cake! This is a custard pie. Much difference.

Cytoplasm

Postby Cytoplasm » Mon Mar 30, 2009 2:36 pm UTC

KITTTYYYYYYYYYY
WANTS
,...yeah

Story time kids!

Spoiler:
Satire Project
With Waffles

This is the year 2101 and Mission Feed the Sun as gone wrong. Three years after calculating that the world’s garbage could be fed to the sun something went terrible, inconceivably awry. Just as nuclear waste was about to be launched from Earth the Sun, a giant ball of flaming garbage crashes from the Heavens and into the rocket of glowing sludge. This sent the nuclear waste splattering across a 45-mile radius instilling its immense vicious properties. The land became awful and beyond barren. The world began to panic and point their scared fingers any which way seemed best. The United States also did not know what to do with their garbage. It seems the men and women of science found errors in their calculations and that the garbage only flies around the sun, and then comes screaming back to Earth with a deadly and stinky force.
The United States decides to invade Canada, thinking they’ll just take it like a doormat, and use Saskatchuon as a mighty landfill. Canada decides to undue its French-behavior and actually fight! This is a breaker, along with the toxic waste problems, to World War Three. Every country is fighting to throw their trash somewhere and Wild life Preserving Activists are fighting fiercer than a pack of chocolate starved women on their menstrual week with severe PMS, or possibly even fiercer even than a pack of seaweed starved Asians looking for a fish to crack open with only their bare hands and a mongoose. Things. Got. Deadly. Belgium came to take the smelly and disgusting woes off the world…and the highest bidder. They would allow the most handsomely paying country to dumb their garbage into Belgium. Their country would become a loathsomely smelly and celebrated trashcan while the people of Belgium, especially the government became rich.
Things inhumane and unheard of bred slowly in the depths of the toxic unmoving ocean of trash. What new life began there was worse then E. coli, worse than AIDS, more terrible than Toxic mold and far inferior to GonaHerpaSyphilAIDS. Waffle People began to feed of the venomous waste from the world. Many orphaned Belgian waffles got mixed with toxic waste and…came to life. While Belgian became filthy rich, they built a vast army, navy, air/space force. They discovered the Waffle People and became friends and allies. The Waffle People were difficult to kill, and only the most skilled ankle-biting dogs could take them down. Unfortunately, the dogs might die afterwards. Both the Waffle Creatures and Belgians took over the world easily and enslaved people with bagels. Also, the Waffle People bred with Bagel Flavored Kool-Aid Men and created a superior race to GonaHerpaSyphilAIDS and E. Coli. Many criminals were immune to their ways am took down CEOs.
It was mass chaos, waffle-y, and Belgians ruled all…without any maple syrup. The trash still piled up, and the world drowned in it. Only Dolphins and small dogs lived on in Atlantis while Mother Earth suffered. This might not have happened if people had not lived by the motto offered that term for elections: out of sight, out of mind. It was much too terrible and everyone mourned.
These insane events never have to occur if people just remember to take care of the planet and not their wallets. People of influence need to research and cash into better ways of creating less waste and trash and to also convince the public to do so. More biodegradable things can be made and harnessed. It may seem crazy that bagel and waffle people could take over but no one totally knows what would happen if toxic waste and piles of unknown trash and chemicals compress. It could very well happen, just as much as Canada fighting for Freedom.
Launching our toxic sludge and garbage into space doesn’t solve the problem entirely. If this could be done safely then we also need find a way to create less rubbish. This includes taking care of the one and singularly planet that needs care. War and money will not solve the problems, but caring does. It seems difficult but if countries put more international research into discovering ways to securely create less waste and ways to rid of what we have, then the world could rejoice together. It wouldn’t be just one country finding the cure, but all of us. The scientists who worked together (hopefully in as much harmony that is humanly possible) would be known throughout every, single, generation produced. Eternal glory and God willing, an eternal solution. Through this more jobs could be possibly made and less people off the streets. All know, or should know, that group research can cause other discoveries to be made. This is far more likely with numerous great minds working on projects with world funding. Someone could find ailments or cures for diseases or even something more outstanding! Imagine less desolated faces and more joyful ones instead. Perhaps less people could die because of an accidental discovery from trying to find a cure from the trash. This is not far from truth, but of truth and possibility. Penicillin was produced from an accident. All it takes is world effort and we could all make it.
There are many, many ideas out there and we need to forget about the greed behind any of it. We need to try something reasonable and effective as an international community. Until we do, so says that carbohydrate food won’t take over and small breeds of dogs couldn’t unite with dolphins and find Atlantis as a home. It’s all possible until we cure the trash and litter problem of People.

By Cy...yep.
¡No tengo miedo a fantasmas!

Spoiler:
Cytoplasm: I have catoragized some of my family into lolcats.
Felstaff: For a drudging Thursday afternoon, that level of cuteness has really made my day. Can... Can I keep you?

Felstaff wrote:
Cytoplasm wrote:shannonigans

<3

Surgery

Postby Surgery » Mon Mar 30, 2009 3:44 pm UTC

According to wikipedia, cheesecake is a tart, which is actually a kind of pie. That green tea cheesecake at the bottom of the page looks interesting. And now I want cheesecake.

pseudoidiot
Sexy Beard Man

Postby pseudoidiot » Mon Mar 30, 2009 3:45 pm UTC

Funny story from this weekend:

A couple friends of mine recently bought Jeopardy on PS3. They were playing on-line against some people. While playing they just started being very silly. They'd sing the answers to each other, talk shit at the game, etc. They're very silly people, so I can only imagine the extent of the silliness.

Anyhow, after the game was over, one of the other players says "I really had fun playing with you guys."
"Oh, thanks."
"Yeah, you were really entertaining and you kept making me laugh."
:shock: "... huh?"

Yeah, turns out they have an Eye Toy, which has a microphone. And even though the camera wasn't on, the microphone was and they had no idea. So all their silliness had been broadcast to whomever they were playing with.
Derailed : Gaming Outside the Box.
SecondTalon wrote:*swoons* I love you, all powerful pseudoidiot!
ShootTheChicken wrote:I can't stop thinking about pseudoidiot's penis.

rrwoods

Postby rrwoods » Mon Mar 30, 2009 3:55 pm UTC

pseudoidiot wrote:Funny story from this weekend:

A couple friends of mine recently bought Jeopardy on PS3. They were playing on-line against some people. While playing they just started being very silly. They'd sing the answers to each other, talk shit at the game, etc. They're very silly people, so I can only imagine the extent of the silliness.

Anyhow, after the game was over, one of the other players says "I really had fun playing with you guys."
"Oh, thanks."
"Yeah, you were really entertaining and you kept making me laugh."
:shock: "... huh?"

Yeah, turns out they have an Eye Toy, which has a microphone. And even though the camera wasn't on, the microphone was and they had no idea. So all their silliness had been broadcast to whomever they were playing with.

That's awesome :-P I've had people not realize their mics are on when doing online Band Quick Play for Rock Band, and I can hear their terrible singing when they're playing guitar or some such thing :-)
31/M/taken/US
age/gender/interest/country

Belial wrote:The sex card is tournament legal. And I am tapping it for, like, six mana.

pseudoidiot
Sexy Beard Man

Postby pseudoidiot » Mon Mar 30, 2009 4:03 pm UTC

Makes me glad that a) I don't have a mic of any sort and b) that I don't play games online, because I'd probably make an ass of myself :)
Derailed : Gaming Outside the Box.
SecondTalon wrote:*swoons* I love you, all powerful pseudoidiot!
ShootTheChicken wrote:I can't stop thinking about pseudoidiot's penis.

rnew
RAAAAAAGGGHHH I'M A DINOSAUR

Postby rnew » Mon Mar 30, 2009 4:38 pm UTC

My housemate has purposely set about to be the most hated person on Call of Duty online. He will pretend to be really into the game, then just run around like a maniac.
Or if somebody is hiding and being discreet he will stand behind them firing into the air and revealing their position

edit for no double post.

Flo Rida....Do Not remix blue by eiffel 65. You have ruined the first song i ever bought
Meowgan wrote:Rnew, you're so hot. Boom!
Zohar wrote:Seriously rnew, I cannot get over how awesome your avatar is. It brings up a smile every time I see it.

Osha

Postby Osha » Mon Mar 30, 2009 5:22 pm UTC

Sometimes when I'm reading the fora and chatting on IRC at the same time I get the two conversations mixed up and get really confused for a few seconds.

Cytoplasm

Postby Cytoplasm » Mon Mar 30, 2009 8:37 pm UTC

It feels like each day during school I want to scream at least three times a class...I need Sping break aspa.
¡No tengo miedo a fantasmas!

Spoiler:
Cytoplasm: I have catoragized some of my family into lolcats.
Felstaff: For a drudging Thursday afternoon, that level of cuteness has really made my day. Can... Can I keep you?

Felstaff wrote:
Cytoplasm wrote:shannonigans

<3

ACU-LP

Postby ACU-LP » Mon Mar 30, 2009 9:22 pm UTC

FT: Incoming test.
*runs around like a headless chicken*
I Am Raven wrote:Math is like a penis: it can be very satisfactory, but also a pain in the ass.
Red vs Blue wrote:Wash: That was the worst throw ever. Of all time.
Caboose: Not my fault. Someone put a wall in my way.

Dobblesworth
Dobblesworth, here's the title you requested over three years ago. -Banana

Postby Dobblesworth » Mon Mar 30, 2009 9:25 pm UTC

FT: I never really cared much for BSG; I'd seen fragments of the series here and there at various degrees of the plot, and had a good bit of the rest filled in by Wikipedia in a frenzied browsing session several months back. I'd heard of its recent grand finale, but probably wouldn't watch it anyway. Not even sure if it's being shown yet in UK. On a random IRC channel, some jackass decides to spoil the ending. An ending I might not have actively sought out, besides further Wikipedia, but still an ending spoiled. And it annoys me. So now I have this one-word sentence of the spoiled plot, and it A) makes perfect sense, is B) terribly predictable to some, and C) is giving me an annoying void to make me want to find out how they filled in the gaps to get there.

Warpath

Postby Warpath » Mon Mar 30, 2009 9:43 pm UTC

A bit late but I think I never had a cheesecake that I didn't like. O.o

Mysidic

Postby Mysidic » Mon Mar 30, 2009 9:58 pm UTC

I second the above.
""Thou shalt not lie": in other words, beware, my dear philosopher, of telling the truth." ~Nietzche

Gears
Bulletproof

Postby Gears » Mon Mar 30, 2009 10:18 pm UTC

I second the above.
General_Norris wrote:I notice a lack of counter-arguments and a lot of fisting.

|Erasmus|
Branson

Postby |Erasmus| » Mon Mar 30, 2009 10:22 pm UTC

I have... it's called a cheesecake that you buy from a supermarket. Even then they are not truly despicable, just so horribly underwhelming they are not even worth contemplating eating.

Cassi

Postby Cassi » Mon Mar 30, 2009 10:36 pm UTC

I once had something calling itself a cheesecake that seemed to me more like whipped cream. It was highly disappointing. I also felt bad, because I'd gotten a really small slice at first, swapped with a guy who didn't like cheesecake much and had a bigger slice, and then couldn't bring myself to even come close to finishing it, as it was vile. (He didn't finish the smaller slice either, though, so it wasn't too bad...)
une see wrote:Cass, YOU are my favorite!

Teapot

Postby Teapot » Mon Mar 30, 2009 10:44 pm UTC

Cassi wrote:I once had something calling itself a cheesecake that seemed to me more like whipped cream. It was highly disappointing. I also felt bad, because I'd gotten a really small slice at first, swapped with a guy who didn't like cheesecake much and had a bigger slice, and then couldn't bring myself to even come close to finishing it, as it was vile. (He didn't finish the smaller slice either, though, so it wasn't too bad...)
I had that at my fifth year prom! And then they let our sixth year prom be catered by the same people. So I got a limoncello flute. Which was just cream again pretty much.
Jessica wrote:Dammit, teapot is better than everyone else.
Moo wrote:
pseudoidiot wrote:Localized, non-contagious willy leprosy?
"I'm sorry, sir, it's LNWL. There's nothing we can do".

Cassi

Postby Cassi » Mon Mar 30, 2009 10:52 pm UTC

It was the Valentine's formal...then we had another formal a month or so later, and the dessert was cheesecake again, and I was all set to be disappointed, but it turned out to be really nice. And then one of the guys hated it, and was complaining because he'd really liked the "cheesecake" we'd been served before, so I got his. :D
une see wrote:Cass, YOU are my favorite!

Baldur

Postby Baldur » Mon Mar 30, 2009 11:04 pm UTC

Teapot wrote:I had that at my fifth year prom! And then they let our sixth year prom be catered by the same people. So I got a limoncello flute. Which was just cream again pretty much.

I liked all that food. It was tasty.....
Gojoe wrote:YOU ARE NOT LOLSAUR AT ALL ARE YOU!

phlip wrote:Hey, you never know, it could have been Baldur...

Teapot

Postby Teapot » Mon Mar 30, 2009 11:06 pm UTC

Baldur wrote:
Teapot wrote:I had that at my fifth year prom! And then they let our sixth year prom be catered by the same people. So I got a limoncello flute. Which was just cream again pretty much.

I liked all that food. It was tasty.....
And we're working to fix the problem with your taste buds. It's ok. *pats Lolsaur on head*
Jessica wrote:Dammit, teapot is better than everyone else.
Moo wrote:
pseudoidiot wrote:Localized, non-contagious willy leprosy?
"I'm sorry, sir, it's LNWL. There's nothing we can do".

Warpath

Postby Warpath » Mon Mar 30, 2009 11:14 pm UTC

Wow. Looks like I've lucked out so far when it comes to eating cheesecakes. I can't remember ever having a bad cheesecake. Or maybe I have and it was so bad that my subconscious blocked it from memory.

ACU-LP

Postby ACU-LP » Mon Mar 30, 2009 11:18 pm UTC

Most of them don't count due to their location on the fora, but I have more than 5000 posts.
Huh.
I Am Raven wrote:Math is like a penis: it can be very satisfactory, but also a pain in the ass.
Red vs Blue wrote:Wash: That was the worst throw ever. Of all time.
Caboose: Not my fault. Someone put a wall in my way.

Hit3k

Postby Hit3k » Mon Mar 30, 2009 11:26 pm UTC

Uni has lost its novelty. It's still better than high school though.
Sungura wrote:My mom made me watch a star wars. Two of them , actually. The Death Star one and the one where the dude ends up in the swamp with the weird guy who talks funny.

benjhuey

Postby benjhuey » Mon Mar 30, 2009 11:28 pm UTC

Hit3k wrote:Uni has lost its novelty. It's still better than high school though.
This. Being lost all the time was great. Now that I know where everything is, I have to go out of my way to make it entertaining.

RT: More buildings need bridges between them.
多么现在棕色母牛?

Luthen

Postby Luthen » Mon Mar 30, 2009 11:37 pm UTC

benjhuey wrote:
Hit3k wrote:Uni has lost its novelty. It's still better than high school though.
This. Being lost all the time was great. Now that I know where everything is, I have to go out of my way to make it entertaining.

RT: More buildings need bridges between them.
Hence why I now aim to explore at least one new building a week.
I also think more buildings need bridges, both at my uni and in principle.

Return to “General”