Hifaleetin' thoughts

Things that don't belong anywhere else. (Check first).

Moderators: Moderators General, Prelates, Magistrates

emceng

Re: Fleeting/Random/Thoughts (Random like the plague)

Postby emceng » Sat Feb 13, 2010 4:12 pm UTC

FU NBC! All I want is a simple schedule showing me when Olympic events will be on TV. Instead you have a useless graph thing that tells me nothing. WHY ARE YOU MAKING IT HARD TO USE YOUR PRODUCT?
When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up. - CS Lewis

Gears
Bulletproof

Postby Gears » Sat Feb 13, 2010 4:13 pm UTC

Check out my new Toyota keyboaaaaaaaa
General_Norris wrote:I notice a lack of counter-arguments and a lot of fisting.

SlyReaper
inflatable

Postby SlyReaper » Sat Feb 13, 2010 4:35 pm UTC

Gears wrote:Check out my new Toyota keyboaaaaaaaa

Did the "a" key get stuck? :lol:
What would Baron Harkonnen do?

Chicostick

Postby Chicostick » Sat Feb 13, 2010 5:04 pm UTC

Okay, so why couldn't they deliver my package today? It says "delivery exception" because the customer was not available. I'm in a dorm, so how the hell can I be available to pick it up, and why wasn't the mail service here available to sign for it like they should? GAH.

Now I have to wait three more days.

Hit3k

Postby Hit3k » Sat Feb 13, 2010 10:08 pm UTC

SlyReaper wrote:

Did the "a" key get stuck? :lol:

Oh I see what happened there. I'm hoping that was a reference about Toyota accelerators getting stuck.

RT: That was the worst sleep I've ever had. I've slept for less time and still managed to have better sleeps than that.
Sungura wrote:My mom made me watch a star wars. Two of them , actually. The Death Star one and the one where the dude ends up in the swamp with the weird guy who talks funny.

You, sir, name?

Postby You, sir, name? » Sat Feb 13, 2010 10:45 pm UTC

My grumpiness module is overloading.

1. The olympics. I've uploaded a ton of guilt-by-association arguments about how televised sports and most of the Olympic traditions are Nazi inventions.
2. Valentines day. I've uploaded a ton of anti-commercial bah humbug arguments about how it's not about love but about selling cheap singing cards and plastic trinkets and how love really is a lie that some cabal of Disney story writers and young girls have concocted to secretly rule the world.

It just can't deal with so many reasons to be grumpy and bitter, so I keep using nazi arguments against Valentine's day and bah humbug-arguments against the olympics.
I edit my posts a lot and sometimes the words wrong order words appear in sentences get messed up.

SlyReaper
inflatable

Postby SlyReaper » Sat Feb 13, 2010 11:06 pm UTC

You, sir, name? wrote:My grumpiness module is overloading.

1. The olympics. I've uploaded a ton of guilt-by-association arguments about how televised sports and most of the Olympic traditions are Nazi inventions.
2. Valentines day. I've uploaded a ton of anti-commercial bah humbug arguments about how it's not about love but about selling cheap singing cards and plastic trinkets and how love really is a lie that some cabal of Disney story writers and young girls have concocted to secretly rule the world.

It just can't deal with so many reasons to be grumpy and bitter, so I keep using nazi arguments against Valentine's day and bah humbug-arguments against the olympics.

Volkswagens are also Nazi inventions, but not many people complain about them. Pretty solid cars by all accounts, and I'm tempted to get a Golf for my next car.

But I agree about Valentines day. Time was, it was about getting single people to hook up. Now it's about couples rubbing their romancy happiness in the faces of single people. Nyah nyah I gotz a girlfriend/boyfriend and U don't gotz. U iz lonely.

brakos82

Postby brakos82 » Sat Feb 13, 2010 11:13 pm UTC

You are so going to hell for that.

I am too for setting the cheese on fire. :lol:
I am Brakos, and I may or may not approve this message.

Fat Zombie

Postby Fat Zombie » Sat Feb 13, 2010 11:17 pm UTC

Every time I listen to Loser (Beck), every time, the guitar intro makes me think that The Alternative Polka is about to start. Then, by association, I remember the weird Evangelion AMV of Alternative Polka that I watched once. Weird. (Both the association, and the AMV: see it here)

Also, does anyone else do what one of my relatives used to do with ice-cream and mix it until it's a gooey mess (thus causing nausea)? If you do, then congratulations, I hate you.

*shakes fist*
...And before you ask: yes, I do like to listen to myself talk!

brakos82

Postby brakos82 » Sat Feb 13, 2010 11:24 pm UTC

Fat Zombie wrote:Also, does anyone else do what one of my relatives used to do with ice-cream and mix it until it's a gooey mess (thus causing nausea)? If you do, then congratulations, I hate you.

*shakes fist*

I did when I was a kid, not anymore though.

Fat Zombie

Postby Fat Zombie » Sat Feb 13, 2010 11:25 pm UTC

brakos82 wrote:
Fat Zombie wrote:Also, does anyone else do what one of my relatives used to do with ice-cream and mix it until it's a gooey mess (thus causing nausea)? If you do, then congratulations, I hate you.

*shakes fist*

I did when I was a kid, not anymore though.

...I'll let you off. For now.

Also, is £5.49 a lot for maple syrup?
...And before you ask: yes, I do like to listen to myself talk!

crowey
That's DOCTOR Crowey, to you

Postby crowey » Sat Feb 13, 2010 11:35 pm UTC

depends how much you're buying. for 100ml then yes, for 1l then no.

SlyReaper
inflatable

Postby SlyReaper » Sat Feb 13, 2010 11:53 pm UTC

Fleeting thought: Why do people still call the PS3, X-Box 360 and Wii "next generation consoles"? They're not. They're current generation.

You, sir, name?

Postby You, sir, name? » Sat Feb 13, 2010 11:53 pm UTC

SlyReaper wrote:
You, sir, name? wrote:My grumpiness module is overloading.

Volkswagens are also Nazi inventions, but not many people complain about them. Pretty solid cars by all accounts, and I'm tempted to get a Golf for my next car.

I take this as a sign that you've become one of them. It's like the invasion of the body snatchers meets the ring.

SlyReaper wrote:Fleeting thought: Why do people still call the PS3, X-Box 360 and Wii "next generation consoles"? They're not. They're current generation.

The art world is even worse. Not only is modern art like 100 years old, postmodern art is quite dated too.
I edit my posts a lot and sometimes the words wrong order words appear in sentences get messed up.

Alpha Omicron

Postby Alpha Omicron » Sun Feb 14, 2010 1:36 am UTC

SlyReaper wrote:Fleeting thought: Why do people still call the PS3, X-Box 360 and Wii "next generation consoles"? They're not. They're current generation.
I call them seventh generation.
Here is a link to a page which leverages aggregation of my tweetbook social blogomedia.

Ivora

Postby Ivora » Sun Feb 14, 2010 1:47 am UTC

I don't know your real name...

but it doesn't matter.

PhoenixEnigma

Postby PhoenixEnigma » Sun Feb 14, 2010 2:03 am UTC

My bookshelf holds such gems as "Access All Areas: A Guide To Infiltration", "A Beginners Guide To Lockpicking" and "Pilot's Handbook." Someone may get the wrong idea about me.
"Optimism, pessimism, fuck that; we're going to make it happen. As God is my bloody witness, I'm hell-bent on making it work." -Elon Musk
Shivahn wrote:I am a motherfucking sorceror.

Briareos

Postby Briareos » Sun Feb 14, 2010 2:32 am UTC

Those books sound cool. Are they actually useful as guides?
Sandry wrote:Bless you, Briareos.

Blriaraisghaasghoasufdpt.
Oregonaut wrote:Briareos is my new bestest friend.

MrGee

Postby MrGee » Sun Feb 14, 2010 2:39 am UTC

Briareos wrote:Those books sound cool. Are they actually useful as guides?

Breaking consumer padlocks and combo locks is pathetically easy. Most locker locks you can hit with a shoe and they pop right open. Door locks are hard but doable, car locks are the hardest. Any mechanical lock is pickable by an expert.

PhoenixEnigma

Postby PhoenixEnigma » Sun Feb 14, 2010 3:13 am UTC

Pilots Handbook - it's actually designed as a text for people looking for the private VFR license, so it's pretty good, but I wouldn't want to land a plane without someone to walk me though. Not having flown a plane, I can't speak to how well it's taught me to fly a plane
Lock Picking - It's a solid beginners guide. As has been mentioned, with practice most locks are pretty easy to pick.
Infiltration - Disturbing, but good. Highly recommended. Often more useful then the lockpicking guide in real life.
"Optimism, pessimism, fuck that; we're going to make it happen. As God is my bloody witness, I'm hell-bent on making it work." -Elon Musk

Wolf

Postby Wolf » Sun Feb 14, 2010 7:36 am UTC

PhoenixEnigma wrote:

Pilots Handbook - it's actually designed as a text for people looking for the private VFR license, so it's pretty good, but I wouldn't want to land a plane without someone to walk me though. Not having flown a plane, I can't speak to how well it's taught me to fly a plane
Lock Picking - It's a solid beginners guide. As has been mentioned, with practice most locks are pretty easy to pick.
Infiltration - Disturbing, but good. Highly recommended. Often more useful then the lockpicking guide in real life.

Man, I want your bookshelf. I think I'm going to look into picking these up once I'm sure I can make it through the end of the month without effort. (Yay, college budget!)

Although maybe I should wait until I'm not in on-campus (university supplied) housing.
There's a method to my madness. Somewhere. Don't worry, I'll find it!

I'm learning game design! Watch my progress here: http://www.humming-rain.com

My friend wrote:You played fast and loose with punctuation and suffered the consequences.

Rakysh

Postby Rakysh » Sun Feb 14, 2010 8:25 am UTC

PhoenixEnigma wrote:

Pilots Handbook - it's actually designed as a text for people looking for the private VFR license, so it's pretty good, but I wouldn't want to land a plane without someone to walk me

Flying a plane: actually really easy. On a french exchange when I was 14, my barely-13 year old partner had a flying lesson with a guy her dad knew from work. Half an hour into the flight with this tiny little plane the instructor turns around to me, sitting in the back seat, and says "do you want a go?" We swap over mid air (I still can't quite believe it happened) and I fly about for a bit. As long as you keep an idea of where your relative position is, it's fine. He then tells me to land the fricking thing. And I did (admittedly with a bit of help; we had a dual control stick thingie). It felt awesome.

Moral: listen to crazy french people.

suffer-cait
Yes, that's my perfectly normal house cat, why do you ask?

Postby suffer-cait » Sun Feb 14, 2010 10:35 am UTC

SlyReaper wrote:86? I was born in 86. How come I have no recollection of 5" floppies? I only used 2.5" ones.

And you've just made me feel even older with the "lived in 4 decades" thing. :(
wait...i remember 5" floppies and i was born in 90, and i'm not even computer geeky
edit: i missed pages, oh well
ImageImageImageImageImage

e^iπ+1=0
Much, much better than Gooder

Postby e^iπ+1=0 » Sun Feb 14, 2010 10:44 am UTC

Heck, I was born in 93 and I remember floppies. I know there were definitely 3½ inch ones around. I even vaguely remember 5¼, but I may be making that up.
poxic wrote:You, sir, have heroic hair.
poxic wrote:I note that the hair is not slowing down. It appears to have progressed from heroic to rocking.

(Avatar by Sungura)

phlip
Restorer of Worlds

Postby phlip » Sun Feb 14, 2010 12:45 pm UTC

I remember when we got a 3.5" drive for our computer, to act as a B: drive (the 5.25" was A:). I also remember when we got a second hard drive, so my father could install MSVC to work from home (one of the first two or three versions, not sure which one... definitely one that worked for Win3.1 and DOS)... it was 125MB, just over doubling the hard-drive capacity of the computer.

Good times.

Code: Select all

enum ಠ_ಠ {°□°╰=1, °Д°╰, ಠ益ಠ╰};
void ┻━┻︵​╰(ಠ_ಠ ⚠) {exit((int)⚠);}
[he/him/his]

blue_eyedspacemonkey

Postby blue_eyedspacemonkey » Sun Feb 14, 2010 7:40 pm UTC

Today I cooked honey glazed gammon, no problem. Oven chips? Beyond me-burnt them to a crisp :roll:
"Nowadays most people die of a sort of creeping common sense, and discover when it is too late that the only things one never regrets are one's mistakes"

So. Twitter

Sungura
When life gives you banananas, make bananana bread

Postby Sungura » Sun Feb 14, 2010 8:32 pm UTC

blue_eyedspacemonkey wrote:Today I cooked honey glazed gammon, no problem. Oven chips? Beyond me-burnt them to a crisp :roll:

I had to look at your location to make sense of that.
Well, now they are definitely chips and not just fried :P
"Would you rather fight a Sungura-sized spider or 1000 spider-sized Sunguras?" -Zarq
she/<any gender neutral>/snug

videogamesizzle

Postby videogamesizzle » Sun Feb 14, 2010 8:54 pm UTC

LEGO really needs to stop making double-sided heads. I got this one minifig a while ago that looks exactly like Raul Duke from Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas. So much so that I'd love to make a little Raul Duke minifig for a drug-fueled adventure through Legoland. But, alas, it has some other weird face on the back so it's really not useful for any customization.
Look at me still talking when there's SCIENCE to do!
Silvyr wrote:I fucking love cocaine. I wish I could buy it somewhere...

Briareos

Postby Briareos » Sun Feb 14, 2010 9:03 pm UTC

Break out some yellow paint?
Sandry wrote:Bless you, Briareos.

Blriaraisghaasghoasufdpt.
Oregonaut wrote:Briareos is my new bestest friend.

brakos82

Postby brakos82 » Sun Feb 14, 2010 9:21 pm UTC

This track issue is really starting to bug me.... just restart the damn race already. :evil:

Chicostick

Postby Chicostick » Sun Feb 14, 2010 9:59 pm UTC

FT: The wind outside this window sounds like Valoo from Wind Waker.

Lazar
Landed Gentry

Postby Lazar » Sun Feb 14, 2010 10:57 pm UTC

Just came back from the Harvard National Model UN conference in Boston. Our team won 4 awards with 24 members; my partner and I turned in an exquisitely mediocre performance in the SPECPOL committee. The best thing I accomplished was sending an anonymous Valentine's rose to a cute Italian girl in our commitee with a note that read, "I tuoi occhi sono belli."
Exit the vampires' castle.

PhoenixEnigma

Postby PhoenixEnigma » Sun Feb 14, 2010 11:03 pm UTC

Wolf wrote:
PhoenixEnigma wrote:

Man, I want your bookshelf. I think I'm going to look into picking these up once I'm sure I can make it through the end of the month without effort. (Yay, college budget!)

Although maybe I should wait until I'm not in on-campus (university supplied) housing.

I would suggest you pick up Access All Areas, at least, while still on campus. The others can wait.

Hit3k

Postby Hit3k » Sun Feb 14, 2010 11:07 pm UTC

Hurry up Mr DHL man.
Sungura wrote:My mom made me watch a star wars. Two of them , actually. The Death Star one and the one where the dude ends up in the swamp with the weird guy who talks funny.

Ivora

Postby Ivora » Sun Feb 14, 2010 11:13 pm UTC

Another day, another dollar.

brakos82

Postby brakos82 » Sun Feb 14, 2010 11:14 pm UTC

brakos82 wrote:This track issue is really starting to bug me.... just restart the damn race already. :evil:

And here we go again. :roll:

HarleyQuinn

Postby HarleyQuinn » Mon Feb 15, 2010 2:02 am UTC

1. I love you, but goddamn, there's something that isn't right. I think it's me, but that's beside the point. We're still a "we." I do love you, I can't deny it.
2. You're my best friend, in all seriousness. I'm not physically attracted to you, and that sort of ruins your plan to simply wait until 1's out of the picture.
3. I wasn't really supposed to like you, but I do. That's prolly what's wrong with 1, being my fault, as stated. Thanks for stabbing me in the back, though. I won't forget that.
4. Don't tempt me, I'm taken. You also complicate things with 2.
5. I don't even know you, but I would gladly spend all day hugging you.

6. Nice job being totally unrelated to 1-5. Nice job being interested in what's going on in my life. Nice job being a friend. Nice job popping back in randomly.
Magnanimous wrote:I used to be really into nostalgia a few years ago. Man, those were the days.

You, sir, name?

Postby You, sir, name? » Mon Feb 15, 2010 2:32 am UTC

o_O I found a directory with clown porn on my computer. When/why did I download that?

RetSpline

Postby RetSpline » Mon Feb 15, 2010 2:48 am UTC

I have straight up told someone to their face that I make jokes because I find them funny. To me, it's practically an art form.

This person actually berates me for taking things "too seriously" when they're being a jackass.

Why, then, are they so baffled when they catch me setting up a complex, multi-part, utterly infantile penis joke?

Ivora

Postby Ivora » Mon Feb 15, 2010 6:07 am UTC

Imma be IMMA BE IMMA BE IMMA BE IMMA BE IMMA BE!!!!!!!

Return to “General”