Hifaleetin' thoughts

Things that don't belong anywhere else. (Check first).

Moderators: Moderators General, Prelates, Magistrates

User avatar
PhoenixEnigma
Posts: 2303
Joined: Fri Sep 18, 2009 3:11 am UTC
Location: Sasquatchawan, Canada
Contact:

Re: Screechings of the Great Unwashed (Meander to the Morgue

Postby PhoenixEnigma » Wed Sep 26, 2012 1:13 am UTC

Hmm, maybe it doesn't, now that I look at it. Which is odd, as I'm sure I remember changing it and it not working. At any rate, though, Symbian3 would allow you to set a proxy for a particular wireless network.

In the odd event someone comes across this and needs it (because I hate finding old, useless forum posts via Google): Settings>Connectivity>Settings>Network Destinations>Internet>[Network in question]>Menu>Advanced Settings.
"Optimism, pessimism, fuck that; we're going to make it happen. As God is my bloody witness, I'm hell-bent on making it work." -Elon Musk
Shivahn wrote:I am a motherfucking sorceror.

User avatar
Van
Posts: 418
Joined: Sat Jan 31, 2009 6:15 pm UTC
Location: 39.74, -105.12ish

Re: Screechings of the Great Unwashed (Meander to the Morgue

Postby Van » Wed Sep 26, 2012 6:29 pm UTC

If you can store things with bananas to make them ripen more fasterly, maybe bananas should be individually wrapped to prevent inter-ripening.

I just want green bananas :(
Oregonaut wrote:You are a fucking idiot. (Insult.)
You say that you disapprove of sex before marriage, but you are fucking that idiot. (Ad hominem.)
You say that you disapprove of sex outside of marriage, but you are fucking your mom. (Ad mominem.)

The Cat

Re: Screechings of the Great Unwashed (Meander to the Morgue

Postby The Cat » Wed Sep 26, 2012 9:47 pm UTC

I like birds, cats, and quality seasoning.

__________

Not sure if the humidity is good or bad.

User avatar
thalia
Posts: 135
Joined: Thu Jan 17, 2008 5:56 pm UTC
Location: Norway

Re: Screechings of the Great Unwashed (Meander to the Morgue

Postby thalia » Wed Sep 26, 2012 10:00 pm UTC

Aaaargh I can't sleep. And the internet is out of commission (using my phone's 3g). My boyfriend is snoozing away. I have to be quiet and I'm so restless!!
One of these days.

User avatar
SecondTalon
SexyTalon
Posts: 26531
Joined: Sat May 05, 2007 2:10 pm UTC
Location: Louisville, Kentucky, USA, Mars. HA!
Contact:

Re: Screechings of the Great Unwashed (Meander to the Morgue

Postby SecondTalon » Wed Sep 26, 2012 10:01 pm UTC

SlyReaper wrote:I'm actually surprised there are only enough soft deleted posts to fill one page.

Perhaps you're simply underestimating how often people soft-delete posts, and someone new would think this was actually page 735.
heuristically_alone wrote:I want to write a DnD campaign and play it by myself and DM it myself.
heuristically_alone wrote:I have been informed that this is called writing a book.

User avatar
Menacing Spike
Posts: 2982
Joined: Wed Jan 06, 2010 8:25 pm UTC
Location: Fighting the Zombie.

Re: Screechings of the Great Unwashed (Meander to the Morgue

Postby Menacing Spike » Wed Sep 26, 2012 10:40 pm UTC

thalia wrote:Aaaargh I can't sleep. And the internet is out of commission (using my phone's 3g). My boyfriend is snoozing away. I have to be quiet and I'm so restless!!


Go fetch groceries or something?

User avatar
bluejello
Posts: 154
Joined: Fri Oct 21, 2011 8:24 pm UTC

Re: Screechings of the Great Unwashed (Meander to the Morgue

Postby bluejello » Thu Sep 27, 2012 1:28 am UTC

SecondTalon wrote:
SlyReaper wrote:I'm actually surprised there are only enough soft deleted posts to fill one page.

Perhaps you're simply underestimating how often people soft-delete posts, and someone new would think this was actually page 735.


wait, you mean this isn't page 735 :P

Well, went out driving a bit more, my parking is improving and did better overall, or I think I did, so thats good. in other news *insert something here because my brain can't come up with stuff right now*
Generic comment about SCIENCE! or !!FUN!!

User avatar
Magnanimous
Madmanananimous
Posts: 3491
Joined: Wed Feb 17, 2010 7:11 pm UTC
Location: Land of Hipsters and Rain (LOHAR)

Re: Screechings of the Great Unwashed (Meander to the Morgue

Postby Magnanimous » Thu Sep 27, 2012 3:18 am UTC

This made me burst out laughing. Probably a sign I'm becoming more of a dog person.
Spoiler:
Image

User avatar
roband
Posts: 2545
Joined: Tue Sep 21, 2010 2:52 pm UTC
Location: UK

Re: Screechings of the Great Unwashed (Meander to the Morgue

Postby roband » Thu Sep 27, 2012 8:18 am UTC

Van wrote:If you can store things with bananas to make them ripen more fasterly, maybe bananas should be individually wrapped to prevent inter-ripening.

I just want green bananas :(


I thought I was the only one :o

User avatar
emceng
Posts: 3167
Joined: Mon May 19, 2008 9:38 pm UTC
Location: State of Hockey
Contact:

Re: Screechings of the Great Unwashed (Meander to the Morgue

Postby emceng » Thu Sep 27, 2012 3:08 pm UTC

I hate wind chimes.
When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up. - CS Lewis

User avatar
a_fuzzyduck
Posts: 435
Joined: Sun Apr 11, 2010 9:42 pm UTC
Location: Clydebank
Contact:

Re: Screechings of the Great Unwashed (Meander to the Morgue

Postby a_fuzzyduck » Thu Sep 27, 2012 3:27 pm UTC

roband wrote:
Van wrote:If you can store things with bananas to make them ripen more fasterly, maybe bananas should be individually wrapped to prevent inter-ripening.

I just want green bananas :(


I thought I was the only one :o


I love them too. GREEN ARMY!
wkw
"GRAPHICS WERE NOT AS GOOD IN THE PAST BUT WE WERE HAPPIER AND MORE INNOCENT THEN" - every retro gaming review, ever

User avatar
You, sir, name?
Posts: 6983
Joined: Sun Apr 22, 2007 10:07 am UTC
Location: Chako Paul City
Contact:

Re: Screechings of the Great Unwashed (Meander to the Morgue

Postby You, sir, name? » Thu Sep 27, 2012 8:05 pm UTC

Bananas are unnatural and wrong.
I edit my posts a lot and sometimes the words wrong order words appear in sentences get messed up.

User avatar
Magnanimous
Madmanananimous
Posts: 3491
Joined: Wed Feb 17, 2010 7:11 pm UTC
Location: Land of Hipsters and Rain (LOHAR)

Re: Screechings of the Great Unwashed (Meander to the Morgue

Postby Magnanimous » Thu Sep 27, 2012 11:24 pm UTC

But they fit so perfectly in the human hand!

User avatar
eSOANEM
:D
Posts: 3652
Joined: Sun Apr 12, 2009 9:39 pm UTC
Location: Grantabrycge

Re: Screechings of the Great Unwashed (Meander to the Morgue

Postby eSOANEM » Thu Sep 27, 2012 11:38 pm UTC

a_fuzzyduck wrote:
roband wrote:
Van wrote:If you can store things with bananas to make them ripen more fasterly, maybe bananas should be individually wrapped to prevent inter-ripening.

I just want green bananas :(


I thought I was the only one :o


I love them too. GREEN ARMY!


One more soldier reporting for duty!
my pronouns are they

Magnanimous wrote:(fuck the macrons)

User avatar
Giant Speck
Bouncy Sex Marshmallow
Posts: 3819
Joined: Tue Sep 08, 2009 12:30 pm UTC
Location: Tucson, Arizona

Re: Screechings of the Great Unwashed (Meander to the Morgue

Postby Giant Speck » Fri Sep 28, 2012 1:38 am UTC

I will be the army of one in support of yellow with a small amount of brown spots if I have to!
"Did I say recently that I love Giant Speck? Because I love Giant Speck. He is the best." - Weeks
BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE

User avatar
SurgicalSteel
Posts: 1926
Joined: Tue Jan 19, 2010 4:18 pm UTC
Location: DMV, USA

Re: Screechings of the Great Unwashed (Meander to the Morgue

Postby SurgicalSteel » Fri Sep 28, 2012 1:56 am UTC

Giant Speck wrote:I will be the army of one in support of yellow with a small amount of brown spots if I have to!

I'll join your cause, brother.
"There's spray paint on the teleprompter
Anchorman screams that he's seen a monster (mayday)
There's blood stains on his shirt (mayday)
They say that he's gone berserk."
--Flobots "Mayday"

User avatar
bluejello
Posts: 154
Joined: Fri Oct 21, 2011 8:24 pm UTC

Re: Screechings of the Great Unwashed (Meander to the Morgue

Postby bluejello » Fri Sep 28, 2012 2:23 am UTC

Giant Speck wrote:I will be the army of one in support of yellow with a small amount of brown spots if I have to!


the best type for making smoothies with.
Generic comment about SCIENCE! or !!FUN!!

User avatar
thorgold
Posts: 278
Joined: Tue Nov 30, 2010 4:36 am UTC

Re: Screechings of the Great Unwashed (Meander to the Morgue

Postby thorgold » Fri Sep 28, 2012 2:50 am UTC

The internet, with all its archived data, is a weird place, especially when it comes to lifespans. For some reason, despite the variety of webcomics I read, I've never read Shlock Mercenary - until now, that is, and I've archive binged through the year 2001 at this point. What's interesting, though, is that the author has mentioned his son and various-aged fans on occasion, specifically:
1. His five year old son reacting to certain things in the comic (family-friendly? The toddler's okay with it)
2. One fan got a shout out in the strip for his 15th birthday

What boggles the mind is that this was 12 years ago. That toddler is my age, now, and that kid with the permit is now well out of college and into midlife. It's like a tiny window into the past, preserved in electrons over an aetheral, worldwide network. Sure, the same "snapshot" effect can come from other media - reading through old diaries, old picture books, etc - but for some reason old internet pages strike me as particularly insightful in the overall scope of things. A diary is a look into the past, sure - but the permanence of digital information has a bit more weight to it.

I'm gonna go dig up some of my old forum accounts, see what me ten years ago was thinking about.

EDIT: Wow. After digging up some of my old stuff, I'm fairly proud of younger-me. I'd totally forgotten that I'd independently derived the properties of a binary counting system (and its relation to powers of two in base-10 systems) before taking Algebra; I had to manually define "cumulative sum" because I didn't know it existed in mathematics at that point. It's sort of depressing, I don't think I can do that sort of out-of-the-box thinking anymore. #447 is disturbingly appropriate in this context. Reminds me of how I dreamed of deriving a method of determining the length of triangle sides using just the angles, or vice versa... before learning the next year that I'd been beaten to that topic by a few hundred/thousand years.
You can refuse to think, but you can't refuse the consequences of not thinking.

User avatar
Shivahn
Posts: 2200
Joined: Tue Jan 06, 2009 6:17 am UTC

Re: Screechings of the Great Unwashed (Meander to the Morgue

Postby Shivahn » Fri Sep 28, 2012 5:02 am UTC

thorgold wrote:EDIT: Wow. After digging up some of my old stuff, I'm fairly proud of younger-me. I'd totally forgotten that I'd independently derived the properties of a binary counting system (and its relation to powers of two in base-10 systems) before taking Algebra; I had to manually define "cumulative sum" because I didn't know it existed in mathematics at that point. It's sort of depressing, I don't think I can do that sort of out-of-the-box thinking anymore. #447 is disturbingly appropriate in this context. Reminds me of how I dreamed of deriving a method of determining the length of triangle sides using just the angles, or vice versa... before learning the next year that I'd been beaten to that topic by a few hundred/thousand years.

I feel that way all the time. "Oh man, when I was a kid, everything was clearer, and thought was easier."

I can't tell if that's true, of course. It just feels true. Which is a bit disturbing.

The Cat

Re: Screechings of the Great Unwashed (Meander to the Morgue

Postby The Cat » Fri Sep 28, 2012 10:55 am UTC

Not sure what front caused the increase in humidity. I like the vintage.

User avatar
SecondTalon
SexyTalon
Posts: 26531
Joined: Sat May 05, 2007 2:10 pm UTC
Location: Louisville, Kentucky, USA, Mars. HA!
Contact:

Re: Screechings of the Great Unwashed (Meander to the Morgue

Postby SecondTalon » Fri Sep 28, 2012 12:43 pm UTC

Shivahn wrote:
thorgold wrote:EDIT: Wow. After digging up some of my old stuff, I'm fairly proud of younger-me. I'd totally forgotten that I'd independently derived the properties of a binary counting system (and its relation to powers of two in base-10 systems) before taking Algebra; I had to manually define "cumulative sum" because I didn't know it existed in mathematics at that point. It's sort of depressing, I don't think I can do that sort of out-of-the-box thinking anymore. #447 is disturbingly appropriate in this context. Reminds me of how I dreamed of deriving a method of determining the length of triangle sides using just the angles, or vice versa... before learning the next year that I'd been beaten to that topic by a few hundred/thousand years.

I feel that way all the time. "Oh man, when I was a kid, everything was clearer, and thought was easier."

I can't tell if that's true, of course. It just feels true. Which is a bit disturbing.

I figure it's "true" or whatever notation you want to use to define something as being factual while also being completely wrong.

I mean, it's easy to build with those cube blocks...and nothing else. It's hard to design a structure in glass, steel and concrete that meets building codes while being functional and aesthetically pleasing in a way that will not be incredibly dated in sixty years.

But blocks? Fuckin' easy, man.
heuristically_alone wrote:I want to write a DnD campaign and play it by myself and DM it myself.
heuristically_alone wrote:I have been informed that this is called writing a book.

User avatar
emceng
Posts: 3167
Joined: Mon May 19, 2008 9:38 pm UTC
Location: State of Hockey
Contact:

Re: Screechings of the Great Unwashed (Meander to the Morgue

Postby emceng » Fri Sep 28, 2012 1:35 pm UTC

I don't want to go back and read stuff I wrote. I was an idiot. Hell, I still am an idiot. I'd rather pretend that I was perfect at all moments up until now.
When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up. - CS Lewis

User avatar
Steax
SecondTalon's Goon Squad
Posts: 3038
Joined: Sat Jan 12, 2008 12:18 pm UTC

Re: Screechings of the Great Unwashed (Meander to the Morgue

Postby Steax » Fri Sep 28, 2012 3:13 pm UTC

Memo to self:

Image

So gonna use this.
In Minecraft, I use the username Rirez.

Роберт
Posts: 4285
Joined: Wed May 14, 2008 1:56 am UTC

Re: Screechings of the Great Unwashed (Meander to the Morgue

Postby Роберт » Fri Sep 28, 2012 3:37 pm UTC

SurgicalSteel wrote:
Giant Speck wrote:I will be the army of one in support of yellow with a small amount of brown spots if I have to!

I'll join your cause, brother.

So, the army of number one with a little "number two" that sneaked through?
The Great Hippo wrote:[T]he way we treat suspected terrorists genuinely terrifies me.

User avatar
Dr. Diaphanous
Posts: 252
Joined: Sun Jan 24, 2010 9:38 pm UTC
Location: UK

Re: Screechings of the Great Unwashed (Meander to the Morgue

Postby Dr. Diaphanous » Fri Sep 28, 2012 6:58 pm UTC

My great grandfather once said, "A banana's not a banana unless you can eat it with a straw".
"God works in mysterious and breathtakingly cruel ways."

User avatar
broken_escalator
They're called stairs
Posts: 3312
Joined: Tue Mar 23, 2010 1:49 am UTC
Location: _| ̄|○

Re: Screechings of the Great Unwashed (Meander to the Morgue

Postby broken_escalator » Fri Sep 28, 2012 7:28 pm UTC

I prefer eating with a stick instead of a straw. The more phallic the food, the better the taste. Also, chocolate.
Spoiler:
Image

User avatar
RollingHead
Posts: 341
Joined: Sun Sep 25, 2011 3:47 pm UTC
Location: Italy

Re: Screechings of the Great Unwashed (Meander to the Morgue

Postby RollingHead » Fri Sep 28, 2012 8:19 pm UTC

And now I want that badly and don't have any bananas.

User avatar
You, sir, name?
Posts: 6983
Joined: Sun Apr 22, 2007 10:07 am UTC
Location: Chako Paul City
Contact:

Re: Screechings of the Great Unwashed (Meander to the Morgue

Postby You, sir, name? » Fri Sep 28, 2012 10:01 pm UTC

Magnanimous wrote:But they fit so perfectly in the human hand!


Exactly. They're the dogs of fruit, trying to suck up to humans like smarmy sycophants.

They're up to something, I tell ya.
I edit my posts a lot and sometimes the words wrong order words appear in sentences get messed up.

User avatar
a_fuzzyduck
Posts: 435
Joined: Sun Apr 11, 2010 9:42 pm UTC
Location: Clydebank
Contact:

Re: Screechings of the Great Unwashed (Meander to the Morgue

Postby a_fuzzyduck » Fri Sep 28, 2012 10:35 pm UTC

Steax wrote:Memo to self:

Image

So gonna use this.


more power?

Spoiler:
Image
wkw
"GRAPHICS WERE NOT AS GOOD IN THE PAST BUT WE WERE HAPPIER AND MORE INNOCENT THEN" - every retro gaming review, ever

User avatar
Giant Speck
Bouncy Sex Marshmallow
Posts: 3819
Joined: Tue Sep 08, 2009 12:30 pm UTC
Location: Tucson, Arizona

Re: Screechings of the Great Unwashed (Meander to the Morgue

Postby Giant Speck » Fri Sep 28, 2012 10:36 pm UTC

a_fuzzyduck wrote:
Steax wrote:Memo to self:

Image

So gonna use this.


more power?

Spoiler:
Image

YES! I'm glad I'm not the only one who immediately thought of this.
"Did I say recently that I love Giant Speck? Because I love Giant Speck. He is the best." - Weeks
BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE

User avatar
Magnanimous
Madmanananimous
Posts: 3491
Joined: Wed Feb 17, 2010 7:11 pm UTC
Location: Land of Hipsters and Rain (LOHAR)

Re: Screechings of the Great Unwashed (Meander to the Morgue

Postby Magnanimous » Fri Sep 28, 2012 10:52 pm UTC

Роберт wrote:So, the army of number one with a little "number two" that sneaked through?

I know toilet humor is totally childish, but this made me giggle so much.

User avatar
Kithplana
Posts: 400
Joined: Mon May 14, 2007 11:12 pm UTC
Contact:

Re: Screechings of the Great Unwashed (Meander to the Morgue

Postby Kithplana » Sat Sep 29, 2012 2:22 am UTC

The server works better when its default gateway is set properly.

The VPN works better when it is enabled.

It was a long Friday afternoon.

User avatar
pseudoidiot
Sexy Beard Man
Posts: 5101
Joined: Mon Apr 21, 2008 9:30 pm UTC
Location: Kansas City
Contact:

Re: Screechings of the Great Unwashed (Meander to the Morgue

Postby pseudoidiot » Sat Sep 29, 2012 3:09 pm UTC

This is my new favorite photo album.
http://imgur.com/a/9fJLP
Derailed : Gaming Outside the Box.
SecondTalon wrote:*swoons* I love you, all powerful pseudoidiot!
ShootTheChicken wrote:I can't stop thinking about pseudoidiot's penis.

User avatar
Shivahn
Posts: 2200
Joined: Tue Jan 06, 2009 6:17 am UTC

Re: Screechings of the Great Unwashed (Meander to the Morgue

Postby Shivahn » Sat Sep 29, 2012 3:16 pm UTC

SecondTalon wrote:But blocks? Fuckin' easy, man.

It's not just blocks though. It was being able to discover new solutions to problems that aren't immediately obvious. It's sort of hard to explain.

pseudoidiot wrote:This is my new favorite photo album.
http://imgur.com/a/9fJLP

You are so lucky they haven't invented a way for me to choke people through the internet.

User avatar
pseudoidiot
Sexy Beard Man
Posts: 5101
Joined: Mon Apr 21, 2008 9:30 pm UTC
Location: Kansas City
Contact:

Re: Screechings of the Great Unwashed (Meander to the Morgue

Postby pseudoidiot » Sat Sep 29, 2012 3:38 pm UTC

:twisted:
Derailed : Gaming Outside the Box.
SecondTalon wrote:*swoons* I love you, all powerful pseudoidiot!
ShootTheChicken wrote:I can't stop thinking about pseudoidiot's penis.

User avatar
New User
Posts: 699
Joined: Wed Apr 14, 2010 4:40 am UTC
Location: USA

Re: Screechings of the Great Unwashed (Meander to the Morgue

Postby New User » Sat Sep 29, 2012 3:55 pm UTC

Sometimes I browse The Onion, then I immediately switch to a legitimate news site. I often end up reading the real news headlines as if they are satirical headlines from The Onion, which can make them silly or even more depressing than they already are.

User avatar
SlyReaper
inflatable
Posts: 8015
Joined: Mon Dec 31, 2007 11:09 pm UTC
Location: Bristol, Old Blighty

Re: Screechings of the Great Unwashed (Meander to the Morgue

Postby SlyReaper » Sat Sep 29, 2012 4:06 pm UTC

New User wrote:Sometimes I browse The Onion, then I immediately switch to a legitimate news site. I often end up reading the real news headlines as if they are satirical headlines from The Onion, which can make them silly or even more depressing than they already are.

I often find this too. Especially yesterday when there was a BBC headline "Nazi Buddha originally from space".
Image
What would Baron Harkonnen do?

User avatar
thorgold
Posts: 278
Joined: Tue Nov 30, 2010 4:36 am UTC

Re: Screechings of the Great Unwashed (Meander to the Morgue

Postby thorgold » Sat Sep 29, 2012 6:11 pm UTC

Steax wrote:Memo to self:

Image

So gonna use this.

Memo to Self:
Use this as an avatar sometime in the future.
You can refuse to think, but you can't refuse the consequences of not thinking.

User avatar
RollingHead
Posts: 341
Joined: Sun Sep 25, 2011 3:47 pm UTC
Location: Italy

Re: Screechings of the Great Unwashed (Meander to the Morgue

Postby RollingHead » Sat Sep 29, 2012 9:07 pm UTC

Damnit pseudoidiot!

User avatar
The Scyphozoa
Posts: 2871
Joined: Sun Jun 01, 2008 6:33 pm UTC
Location: Sector 5

Re: Screechings of the Great Unwashed (Meander to the Morgue

Postby The Scyphozoa » Sat Sep 29, 2012 9:26 pm UTC

I keep carrying over phone typing habits into my keyboard typing habits. YOU DON'T NEED TO DOUBLE-TAP CAPS LOCK, SCYPH. YOU DON'T NEED TO PRESS SHIFT BEFORE TYPING NUMBERS, IDIOT.
Image
3rdtry wrote:If there ever is another World War, I hope they at least have the decency to call it "World War 2: Episode One"

doogly wrote:murder is a subset of being mean


Return to “General”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 40 guests