Hifaleetin' thoughts

Things that don't belong anywhere else. (Check first).

Moderators: Moderators General, Prelates, Magistrates

e^iπ+1=0
Much, much better than Gooder

Re: unwashed dishes and toilet paper tubes

Postby e^iπ+1=0 » Sat Apr 06, 2013 4:46 am UTC

The Scyphozoa wrote:Is this just one of those songs that everyone knows? Like I said, I don't remember where I heard it.

Anything ring a bell?
poxic wrote:You, sir, have heroic hair.
poxic wrote:I note that the hair is not slowing down. It appears to have progressed from heroic to rocking.

(Avatar by Sungura)

PhoenixEnigma

Postby PhoenixEnigma » Sat Apr 06, 2013 5:24 am UTC

I know I heard it in Gone In 60 Seconds, but that may not represent typical experiences.
"Optimism, pessimism, fuck that; we're going to make it happen. As God is my bloody witness, I'm hell-bent on making it work." -Elon Musk
Shivahn wrote:I am a motherfucking sorceror.

The Scyphozoa

Postby The Scyphozoa » Sat Apr 06, 2013 7:09 am UTC

e^iπ+1=0 wrote:
The Scyphozoa wrote:Is this just one of those songs that everyone knows? Like I said, I don't remember where I heard it.

Anything ring a bell?

Yeah, I know what it's called. I just do not recall the circumstances of my first encounter with it.

I know that my second encounter was when CaptainSparklez started rapping it briefly. I recognized it then, but I knew not from where. Probably some YouTube video, but I know not which.

EDIT: Shit, I didn't notice the #In_Popular_Culture part of the URL. Sorry. No, it was none of those, I still think it was some obscure video.
3rdtry wrote:If there ever is another World War, I hope they at least have the decency to call it "World War 2: Episode One"

doogly wrote:murder is a subset of being mean

Zarq

Postby Zarq » Sat Apr 06, 2013 10:02 am UTC

UniqueScreenname wrote:I would prefer if this one stays that the words get capitalized. Otherwise I may lose my mind.

You rang?

"It is better to shit yourself, than to die of constipation." - Some picture on reddit

Menacing Spike

Postby Menacing Spike » Sat Apr 06, 2013 10:08 pm UTC

In the train a young woman got into sleeping position with her butt pressed against my tight. This was not unpleasant (she was attractive), but seemed rather forward. Is that, like, a common thing?

Giant Speck
Bouncy Sex Marshmallow

Postby Giant Speck » Sat Apr 06, 2013 10:20 pm UTC

I don't know, as I've never ridden a train. Are you saying she got in that position while awake or once she was already asleep?
"Did I say recently that I love Giant Speck? Because I love Giant Speck. He is the best." - Weeks
BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE

Menacing Spike

Postby Menacing Spike » Sat Apr 06, 2013 10:26 pm UTC

Giant Speck wrote:I don't know, as I've never ridden a train. Are you saying she got in that position while awake or once she was already asleep?

She squished her butt against my leg while awake, then went to sleep.

Giant Speck
Bouncy Sex Marshmallow

Postby Giant Speck » Sat Apr 06, 2013 10:42 pm UTC

Well, that's just... weird.
"Did I say recently that I love Giant Speck? Because I love Giant Speck. He is the best." - Weeks
BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE

Kewangji
Has Been Touched

Postby Kewangji » Sat Apr 06, 2013 10:51 pm UTC

That's definitely against any social norms I've ever encountered and I would be creeped out if it happened to me.

Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam. But replace 'Carthage' with 'this thread' and 'destroyed' with 'renamed'. So uhm. Ceterum censeo filum esse transnominam? I don't know Latin.
If you like my words sign up for my newsletter, Airport Tattoo Parlour: https://tinyletter.com/distantstations

The Great Hippo wrote:Nuclear bombs are like potato chips, you can't stop after just *one*

bigglesworth
I feel like Biggles should have a title

Postby bigglesworth » Sat Apr 06, 2013 11:05 pm UTC

Generation Y. I don't remember the First Gulf War, but do remember floppy disks.

elminster

Postby elminster » Sun Apr 07, 2013 12:32 am UTC

From what several female friends tell me, going on trains in India is a whole different ball game. In particular, guys masturbating in close proximity while staring at you. It's kinda funny how one said she punched a guy a few times till he stopped. The average Indian isn't that big and I know she can throw a hard punch (She's been fitness instructor for years), so I imagine it was rather unexpected.

I feel like an Epic Meal Time pizza. More bacon, MORE BACON, MORE BACON. It's also coming up to 2am... not the best time to be thinking about that.
On a side note, it's way too easy to consume far too many calories. I know there's the whole stomach stretching and nerve/brain adaptation when you've eaten a lot of large meals, but 5k calories in 1 sitting? No problem. Oddly, I generally I eat considerably more healthy than the average person because I don't care so much about what I eat... so why not eat healthier. Or rather 80% apathy, 15% should eat healthy, the last 5% turns 10 serving deserts into 1 serving. The apathy also turns things that shouldn't be considered meals into meals.

I love quantifying stuff. Quantophilia?
Last edited by elminster on Sun Apr 07, 2013 12:44 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.

Eseell

Postby Eseell » Sun Apr 07, 2013 12:40 am UTC

I know what you mean, elminster. After I binge out over a holiday, it takes some serious self control to get my portions back to the healthy size that they usually are. One day isn't a problem, but several days of letting my body get used to oversize meals and I start gaining fat like crazy.
"Math is hard work and it occupies your mind -- and it doesn't hurt to learn all you can of it, no matter what rank you are; everything of any importance is founded on mathematics." - Robert A. Heinlein

roband

Postby roband » Sun Apr 07, 2013 9:56 am UTC

elminster wrote: it's way too easy to consume far too many calories.

I can stay within my targets until I start drinking. Not only is beer heavy on calories, but I only need a couple before I start getting very hungry and wanting to eat unnecessary stuff :(

elminster

Postby elminster » Sun Apr 07, 2013 12:43 pm UTC

I was talking more about the fact that it's physically too easy to eat too many calories. I rarely actually binge eat, but it's a joke how easy it is to eat your entire days worth of calories in one go.
Maybe it's a throw back to when you never knew when your next meal was going to come so you just ate what ever you could catch before it spoiled; similar to the reason why we have instinctual craving for high energy dense foods.

Eating smaller portions between more meals works pretty well though; the stomach physically shrinks and metabolism increases.

The Cat

Postby The Cat » Sun Apr 07, 2013 12:58 pm UTC

I can stay within my targets until I start drinking. Not only is beer heavy on calories, but I only need a couple before I start getting very hungry and wanting to eat unnecessary stuff :(

Sounds like my Friday Night. Ran for an hr. Swam for an hour, and still + calories. Three slices of late pizza didn't help:?

e^iπ+1=0
Much, much better than Gooder

Postby e^iπ+1=0 » Sun Apr 07, 2013 3:22 pm UTC

Kewangji wrote:Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam. But replace 'Carthage' with 'this thread' and 'destroyed' with 'renamed'. So uhm. Ceterum censeo filum esse transnominam? I don't know Latin.

Anyone have Belial's address? I'm sure all the forumites who want the title changed could chip in a bit for bribage.
poxic wrote:You, sir, have heroic hair.
poxic wrote:I note that the hair is not slowing down. It appears to have progressed from heroic to rocking.

(Avatar by Sungura)

Deva
Has suggestions for the murderers out there.

Postby Deva » Sun Apr 07, 2013 4:24 pm UTC

e^iπ+1=0 wrote:Anyone have Belial's address? I'm sure all the forumites who want the title changed could chip in a bit for bribage.

Did the fora become free-to-post?
Changes its form depending on the observer.

Kewangji
Has Been Touched

Postby Kewangji » Sun Apr 07, 2013 4:54 pm UTC

e^iπ+1=0 wrote:
Kewangji wrote:Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam. But replace 'Carthage' with 'this thread' and 'destroyed' with 'renamed'. So uhm. Ceterum censeo filum esse transnominam? I don't know Latin.

Anyone have Belial's address? I'm sure all the forumites who want the title changed could chip in a bit for bribage.

I do have it actually. :P And yes… this is worth looking into.
If you like my words sign up for my newsletter, Airport Tattoo Parlour: https://tinyletter.com/distantstations

The Great Hippo wrote:Nuclear bombs are like potato chips, you can't stop after just *one*

SurgicalSteel

Postby SurgicalSteel » Tue Apr 09, 2013 1:03 am UTC

So, I heard what sounded like multiple gun shots, so I called 911 and let them know. Now there's a helicopter circling the area. Huh.
"There's spray paint on the teleprompter
Anchorman screams that he's seen a monster (mayday)
There's blood stains on his shirt (mayday)
They say that he's gone berserk."
--Flobots "Mayday"

poxic
Eloquently Prismatic

Postby poxic » Tue Apr 09, 2013 1:10 am UTC

Tomorrow's headline: "Police helicopter summoned by 'shots' on movie set".

(Calling 911 was not a terrible idea, I think.)
A man who is 'ill-adjusted' to the world is always on the verge of finding himself. One who is adjusted to the world never finds himself, but gets to be a cabinet minister.
- Hermann Hesse, novelist, poet, Nobel laureate (2 Jul 1877-1962)

SurgicalSteel

Postby SurgicalSteel » Tue Apr 09, 2013 1:23 am UTC

Haha, I thought about that, and clarified to the dispatcher that it sounded like gunshots, but could very well have been very loud firecrackers or demolition. I figured if it was something like demolition or a movie, the police would know about it. Also, whenever I'm deciding whether to call emergency services about something (which thankfully has only happened a couple times), I usually think of Kitty Genovese and call.
--Flobots "Mayday"

yurell

Postby yurell » Tue Apr 09, 2013 2:32 am UTC

I don't know the law over there, but I'm pretty sure that here you need to inform law enforcement if you're going to be shooting a movie, to prevent false-alarms like that. And it's always good to inform the police of something like that; better they know and it be a mistake than they not know and it be something wrong.
cemper93 wrote:Dude, I just presented an elaborate multiple fraction in Comic Sans. Who are you to question me?

Pronouns: Feminine pronouns please!

Adacore

Re: Edited Title 2

Postby Adacore » Tue Apr 09, 2013 2:51 am UTC

I'm curious - if you are shooting a movie, do you actually have the gunshots during shooting, or are they added in post-production? It seems like the kind of thing that would be much cleaner as a sound effect added afterwards.
Last edited by Adacore on Thu Jun 13, 2013 1:47 am UTC, edited 1 time in total.

SurgicalSteel

Postby SurgicalSteel » Tue Apr 09, 2013 3:12 am UTC

I would imagine most productions would put it in in post. Although a school play would be another possible explanation. When I was in high school I was watching a school production of Les Miserable and shortly after a scene with a lot of French soldiers shooting rifles, a cop car with it's cherries on comes rolling up next to the stage.
--Flobots "Mayday"

The Scyphozoa

Postby The Scyphozoa » Tue Apr 09, 2013 3:13 am UTC

Probably after. Do blanks even make the right noise?
3rdtry wrote:If there ever is another World War, I hope they at least have the decency to call it "World War 2: Episode One"

doogly wrote:murder is a subset of being mean

phlip
Restorer of Worlds

Postby phlip » Tue Apr 09, 2013 3:16 am UTC

I imagine you'd have something on set make a noise, for the actors to react to... make sure they all react at the same time, etc. And if there's any special effects/pyrotechnics/whatever in the prop gun, that probably makes noises anyway. Even if they'd probably replace the sound in post with something more movie-gun-like.

Code: Select all

enum ಠ_ಠ {°□°╰=1, °Д°╰, ಠ益ಠ╰};
void ┻━┻︵​╰(ಠ_ಠ ⚠) {exit((int)⚠);}
[he/him/his]

Noc
Put on her robe and wizard hat ALL NIGHT LONG

Postby Noc » Tue Apr 09, 2013 3:54 am UTC

Also, even without blanks actual gun noise tends not to come across very well: mostly gunshots are only impressive because they're loud, and if you reduce them to a reasonable volume for movie audio they it just kind of sounds like popping. Thus, movie gunshots tend to be given a much deeper, more echo-y sound to actually communicate the sense of loudness.
Have you given up?

pseudoidiot
Sexy Beard Man

Postby pseudoidiot » Tue Apr 09, 2013 1:14 pm UTC

Went to a Bad Religion concert last night. Absolutely amazing concert. They've long been one of my favorite bands (I can only think of a few bands I've been seriously listening to for as long).

One of the highlights of the concert was this girl with a vest on that said "If you wanted it to be tight you should have brought a bigger dick" on the back.

Later I saw a guy in a vest that read "CUNTSMASHER" on the back across the shoulders.

I really felt like those two should meet each other.

I found out later that "CUNTSMASHER" dude was there with another girl.

I still kind of hope destiny brings those two together.
Derailed : Gaming Outside the Box.
SecondTalon wrote:*swoons* I love you, all powerful pseudoidiot!
ShootTheChicken wrote:I can't stop thinking about pseudoidiot's penis.

broken_escalator
They're called stairs

Postby broken_escalator » Tue Apr 09, 2013 4:06 pm UTC

phlip wrote:I imagine you'd have something on set make a noise, for the actors to react to... make sure they all react at the same time, etc. And if there's any special effects/pyrotechnics/whatever in the prop gun, that probably makes noises anyway. Even if they'd probably replace the sound in post with something more movie-gun-like.

It would be funny if they used the child-like noises for guns. Pew pew pew, ratatatata, or dakka.

Krealr

Postby Krealr » Tue Apr 09, 2013 5:32 pm UTC

broken_escalator wrote:It would be funny if they used the child-like noises for guns. Pew pew pew, ratatatata, or dakka.

In one of my father's law enforcement simulations someone yelled "bang" to represent a bomb going off. :mrgreen:

brenok
Needs Directions

Postby brenok » Wed Apr 10, 2013 1:10 am UTC

Krealr wrote:
broken_escalator wrote:It would be funny if they used the child-like noises for guns. Pew pew pew, ratatatata, or dakka.

In one of my father's law enforcement simulations someone yelled "bang" to represent a bomb going off. :mrgreen:

That remembered me of this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=on9rVl77ixQ

cplns

Postby cplns » Wed Apr 10, 2013 3:52 am UTC

The worst feeling on earth is missing a bus by about ten seconds while waiting in the pouring rain without an umbrella and then, immediately upon arriving at the bus stop to wait 15 minutes for the next bus, being splashed by a tsunami caused by a semi truck speeding past. I'm fairly certain the Universe just wanted something to laugh at today.

poxic
Eloquently Prismatic

Postby poxic » Wed Apr 10, 2013 4:25 am UTC

A man who is 'ill-adjusted' to the world is always on the verge of finding himself. One who is adjusted to the world never finds himself, but gets to be a cabinet minister.

Ubik

Postby Ubik » Wed Apr 10, 2013 5:46 pm UTC

Elysium is an upcoming science fiction film, where in an emotional* scene Jodie Foster says "They should have sent a poet."

* The emotion is anger.

Mighty Jalapeno
Inne Juste 7 Dayes I Wille Make You A Hero!

Postby Mighty Jalapeno » Wed Apr 10, 2013 7:47 pm UTC

"Top 5 Moving Leads - www.CheapestWayToMove.com - Best Quotions from Moving Companies Get 5 Free Quotes & Save Thuasands!"

I'm trying to save Canadian dollars, but thanks anyway.

Menacing Spike

Postby Menacing Spike » Wed Apr 10, 2013 7:55 pm UTC

Top 1 Annoying Way To Format Titles

Giant Speck
Bouncy Sex Marshmallow

Postby Giant Speck » Wed Apr 10, 2013 8:57 pm UTC

Ubik wrote:Elysium is an upcoming science fiction film, where in an emotional* scene Jodie Foster says "They should have sent a poet."

* The emotion is anger.

I am so incredibly and irrationally excited for a new Jodie Foster movie. Something is wrong with me.

UniqueScreenname
Something something Purple. Stop asking.

Re: Unwashed Dishes and Toilet Paper Tubes

Postby UniqueScreenname » Wed Apr 10, 2013 10:23 pm UTC

Menacing Spike wrote:Top 1 Annoying Way To Format Titles

I'm just gonna fix it myself every time I post here.
PolakoVoador wrote:Pizza is never a question, pizza is always the answer.
poxic wrote:When we're stuck, flailing, and afraid, that's usually when we're running into the limitations of our old ways of doing things. Something new is being born. Stick around and find out what it is.

poxic
Eloquently Prismatic

Re: Unwashed Dishes and Toilet Paper Tubes

Postby poxic » Thu Apr 11, 2013 12:36 am UTC

UniqueScreenname wrote:
Menacing Spike wrote:Top 1 Annoying Way To Format Titles

I'm just gonna fix it myself every time I post here.

And people who quote you will be using your improved title!

Adacore

Re: So I'm graduating school...

Postby Adacore » Thu Apr 11, 2013 12:39 am UTC

Maybe I'll just use the title of another random thread in General every time I post.

Return to “General”