Hifaleetin' thoughts

Things that don't belong anywhere else. (Check first).

Moderators: Moderators General, Prelates, Magistrates

User avatar
SecondTalon
SexyTalon
Posts: 26508
Joined: Sat May 05, 2007 2:10 pm UTC
Location: Louisville, Kentucky, USA, Mars. HA!
Contact:

Re: Fleeting/Random Thoughts

Postby SecondTalon » Fri Dec 28, 2007 9:56 pm UTC

Page 4, Section 1

You snort the entire stash. Moments later, you realize that snorting eight kilos of cocaine in one go is probably a bad idea. Your heart explodes so violently that they find pieces of it blocks away. Obviously, you die.

The End
heuristically_alone wrote:I want to write a DnD campaign and play it by myself and DM it myself.
heuristically_alone wrote:I have been informed that this is called writing a book.

User avatar
HedgehogsAreFunneh
Posts: 194
Joined: Fri Nov 30, 2007 3:19 pm UTC
Location: Castle Discordia

Re: Fleeting/Random Thoughts

Postby HedgehogsAreFunneh » Fri Dec 28, 2007 10:01 pm UTC

I find it amazing that I've heard three stories about hotels with mirrors all over the ceiling in less than two weeks, when I've never ever heard a story about one before. It's like a avalanche or something.
Last edited by HedgehogsAreFunneh on Fri Dec 28, 2007 10:08 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.
I was thinking of either meditating or napping, but the way I do it, there's not much difference except in the explanation to the rest of my family.

"If anyone finds the plot of this book, tell it I love it very much and want it to come home."

User avatar
Cheese
and spam. (Euggh)
Posts: 3909
Joined: Mon Jul 02, 2007 2:04 pm UTC
Location: ¿burning you?

Re: Fleeting/Random Thoughts

Postby Cheese » Fri Dec 28, 2007 10:04 pm UTC

SecondTalon wrote:Page 4, Section 1

You snort the entire stash. Moments later, you realize that snorting eight kilos of cocaine in one go is probably a bad idea. Your heart explodes so violently that they find pieces of it blocks away. Obviously, you die.

The End
Can I try again?
hermaj wrote:No-one. Will. Be. Taking. Cheese's. Spot.
Spoiler:
LE4dGOLEM wrote:Cheese is utterly correct on all fronts.
SecondTalon wrote:That thing that Cheese just said. Do that.
Meaux_Pas wrote:I hereby disagree and declare Cheese to be brilliant.
Image

User avatar
KicktheCAN
v "This used to be my penis!"
Posts: 940
Joined: Tue Jun 26, 2007 6:11 pm UTC
Location: Hangin' with Sir Dickwad at the Bubble Palace.
Contact:

Re: Fleeting/Random Thoughts

Postby KicktheCAN » Fri Dec 28, 2007 10:21 pm UTC

First post in Linux! Yay! :mrgreen:

Hey, when did I get a title? :cry:
pollywog is awesome, that is all.
Addendum: Sethicus is also cool to the maximum.

Akira: i prefer monster black-man cocks.
Hoags: It's getting all 2vreks1CAN in here

User avatar
Cheese
and spam. (Euggh)
Posts: 3909
Joined: Mon Jul 02, 2007 2:04 pm UTC
Location: ¿burning you?

Re: Fleeting/Random Thoughts

Postby Cheese » Fri Dec 28, 2007 10:25 pm UTC

What's wrong with a title?
hermaj wrote:No-one. Will. Be. Taking. Cheese's. Spot.
Spoiler:
LE4dGOLEM wrote:Cheese is utterly correct on all fronts.
SecondTalon wrote:That thing that Cheese just said. Do that.
Meaux_Pas wrote:I hereby disagree and declare Cheese to be brilliant.
Image

User avatar
Jessica
Jessica, you're a ...
Posts: 8337
Joined: Tue Oct 23, 2007 8:57 pm UTC
Location: Soviet Canuckistan

Re: Fleeting/Random Thoughts

Postby Jessica » Fri Dec 28, 2007 10:28 pm UTC

Nothing's wrong with titles.

I don't have a title! excellent.
doogly wrote:On a scale of Mr Rogers to Fascism, how mean do you think we're being?
Belial wrote:My goal is to be the best brain infection any of you have ever had.

User avatar
Kikral
Posts: 326
Joined: Wed Jul 11, 2007 6:42 pm UTC
Location: McKinney, Texas

Re: Fleeting/Random Thoughts

Postby Kikral » Fri Dec 28, 2007 11:15 pm UTC

Me neither, but I never really needed one.
I am the man your gods will have nightmares about for the next 50 years.

User avatar
Zohar
COMMANDER PORN
Posts: 8509
Joined: Fri Apr 27, 2007 8:45 pm UTC
Location: Denver

Re: Fleeting/Random Thoughts

Postby Zohar » Fri Dec 28, 2007 11:32 pm UTC

My brother works at a local comic book store. Today a guy comes in, about 29 years old. He talks on his phone, picks up a Full Metal Alchemist book and then drops dead. Literally. Apparently his entire family has a history of massive cardiac arrests. That's so weird. Needless to say, he was a bit stressed... He decided not to go sleep alone in his apartment but to come home where there are a few more people (he just moved to a tiny apartment about a month ago).

I thought to myself how badass he could sound saying "I saw a man die right before my eyes." Weird. Kind of creepy, too.
Mighty Jalapeno: "See, Zohar agrees, and he's nice to people."
SecondTalon: "Still better looking than Jesus."

Not how I say my name

User avatar
xndrew
Look on my hair, ye Mighty, and despair!
Posts: 1077
Joined: Fri Sep 14, 2007 1:05 am UTC
Location: North East USA
Contact:

Re: Fleeting/Random Thoughts

Postby xndrew » Fri Dec 28, 2007 11:35 pm UTC

I don't think I'm consistent enough in any particular action to receive a title for it. This is okay with me.

User avatar
xooll
Posts: 804
Joined: Tue Oct 17, 2006 4:11 pm UTC
Contact:

Re: Fleeting/Random Thoughts

Postby xooll » Sat Dec 29, 2007 12:23 am UTC

Zohar wrote:My brother works at a local comic book store. Today a guy comes in, about 29 years old. He talks on his phone, picks up a Full Metal Alchemist book and then drops dead. Literally. Apparently his entire family has a history of massive cardiac arrests. That's so weird. Needless to say, he was a bit stressed... He decided not to go sleep alone in his apartment but to come home where there are a few more people (he just moved to a tiny apartment about a month ago).

I thought to myself how badass he could sound saying "I saw a man die right before my eyes." Weird. Kind of creepy, too.

Until I saw the next sentence I was going to berate you for misusing the word "literally." But yeah, you mean literally.
Wow.

FT: Music is great, why do I never remember to start up the ol' winamp?
So, I got tired of the fact that the appearance of my band name in my signature made my posts on this forum the dominant result when googling for my music. Anyway, if you think I might happen to be a good musician, you can test this theory here.

User avatar
Insignificant Deifaction
Small Goddess
Posts: 3729
Joined: Fri Jun 29, 2007 2:14 am UTC
Location: Through the mother@#$%ing looking glass.

Re: Fleeting/Random Thoughts

Postby Insignificant Deifaction » Sat Dec 29, 2007 4:36 am UTC

@Meaux Pas:

CobaltandCalcium is Coheed&Cambria's fansite. Co&Ca. People who are familiar with the periodic table will get this one. (Snapple!)
Belial wrote:You are giving me the tools to sodomize my vast imagination, and for this I am grateful.

PM Me, if you care for a chat.

User avatar
Gordon
Dr. Banana
Dr. Banana
Posts: 3521
Joined: Mon Jan 08, 2007 6:51 am UTC
Location: Ontario, Canada

Re: Fleeting/Random Thoughts

Postby Gordon » Sat Dec 29, 2007 4:43 am UTC

I like that...
Meaux_Pas wrote:
RealGrouchy wrote:I still remember the time when Gordon left. I still wake up in the middle of the night crying and screaming his name.
I do that too, but for an entirely different reason.
RealGrouchy wrote:
Gordon wrote:How long have I been asleep?!
Our daughter is in high school now.


User avatar
BurntCornMuffin
Posts: 106
Joined: Wed Oct 31, 2007 2:31 pm UTC
Location: Pennsylvania
Contact:

Re: Fleeting/Random Thoughts

Postby BurntCornMuffin » Sat Dec 29, 2007 5:43 am UTC

An excerpt from an e-mail I just wrote:
Now there's something that has always bothered me...HP meters. I just can't seem to get around representing one's overall health with a number or a bar or something. I mean...I'll stub my toe in the bathroom, and then sit there and wonder how many HP I lost for doing so... or worse yet, paper cuts. Sure, I realize if I get enough of them, I'll probably bleed to death, but just how much HP would a paper cut do? And just how could we factor heart attacks into the meter? My brain hurts (No! -200,000 brain cells...I wonder how much HP that cost me...aww man, I might have lost some skill points, too!).
Image

User avatar
Geekthras
3) What if it's delicious?
Posts: 529
Joined: Wed Oct 03, 2007 4:23 am UTC
Location: Around Boston, MA

Re: Fleeting/Random Thoughts

Postby Geekthras » Sat Dec 29, 2007 6:00 am UTC

Obviously game characters bleed HP and it comes out in vapor form when they're in a vacuum, underwater, or get thumped.
Wait. With a SPOON?!

User avatar
Kikral
Posts: 326
Joined: Wed Jul 11, 2007 6:42 pm UTC
Location: McKinney, Texas

Re: Fleeting/Random Thoughts

Postby Kikral » Sat Dec 29, 2007 6:02 am UTC

RT: Today is my birthday...I wonder if I will value gifts over sentiment this year again?
I am the man your gods will have nightmares about for the next 50 years.

User avatar
Aleril
Le Rail
Posts: 2279
Joined: Thu Oct 18, 2007 5:06 pm UTC
Location: Don't make me slap you.

Re: Fleeting/Random Thoughts

Postby Aleril » Sat Dec 29, 2007 6:33 am UTC

Kinda sucks to have your b-day so close to Christmas.
Image

spelunker
Posts: 102
Joined: Wed Dec 05, 2007 7:07 am UTC

Re: Fleeting/Random Thoughts

Postby spelunker » Sat Dec 29, 2007 7:36 am UTC

Insignificant Deification wrote:@Meaux Pas:

CobaltandCalcium is Coheed&Cambria's fansite. Co&Ca. People who are familiar with the periodic table will get this one. (Snapple!)


Crazy sci-fi story + awesome music = Coheed and Cambria

One of my suitemates bought all the comic books of the albums off eBay. They're... interesting.

Same guy also got to see them live back on December 13th, along with Jimmy Eat World, another band I like. I was jealous :-(

User avatar
Cheese
and spam. (Euggh)
Posts: 3909
Joined: Mon Jul 02, 2007 2:04 pm UTC
Location: ¿burning you?

Re: Fleeting/Random Thoughts

Postby Cheese » Sat Dec 29, 2007 12:32 pm UTC

Aleril wrote:Kinda sucks to have your b-day so close to Christmas.
I can count at least four IRL acquaintences whose b/day is on christmas. Must suck even more for them.
hermaj wrote:No-one. Will. Be. Taking. Cheese's. Spot.
Spoiler:
LE4dGOLEM wrote:Cheese is utterly correct on all fronts.
SecondTalon wrote:That thing that Cheese just said. Do that.
Meaux_Pas wrote:I hereby disagree and declare Cheese to be brilliant.
Image

User avatar
Kikral
Posts: 326
Joined: Wed Jul 11, 2007 6:42 pm UTC
Location: McKinney, Texas

Re: Fleeting/Random Thoughts

Postby Kikral » Sat Dec 29, 2007 3:22 pm UTC

I never really understood the purpose of celebrating a birthday. I mean,"Thanks for the money and the food", but when you think about it, unless you are a video game character, nothing spectacular happens on your birthday.
I don't feel a year older, is what I'm trying to say.
I am the man your gods will have nightmares about for the next 50 years.

User avatar
Insignificant Deifaction
Small Goddess
Posts: 3729
Joined: Fri Jun 29, 2007 2:14 am UTC
Location: Through the mother@#$%ing looking glass.

Re: Fleeting/Random Thoughts

Postby Insignificant Deifaction » Sat Dec 29, 2007 9:42 pm UTC

I've wanted to read those.
Belial wrote:You are giving me the tools to sodomize my vast imagination, and for this I am grateful.

PM Me, if you care for a chat.

User avatar
d33p
Happy Fun Ball
Posts: 1714
Joined: Thu Oct 04, 2007 3:06 am UTC
Location: La Maison de la Liberté

Re: Fleeting/Random Thoughts

Postby d33p » Sat Dec 29, 2007 10:27 pm UTC

Cheese wrote:
Aleril wrote:Kinda sucks to have your b-day so close to Christmas.
I can count at least four IRL acquaintences whose b/day is on christmas. Must suck even more for them.

Add one URL acquaintance. And yes, it's miserable. The pencily scratchings of "Happy Birthday Too!" in the Christmas cards... the red & green birthday cake... the "combined" presents...
Fuck that. I'm rebirthing myself in July.
Parka wrote:I assume this is yours. I don't know anyone else who would put "kill a bear" on a list.

User avatar
Cheese
and spam. (Euggh)
Posts: 3909
Joined: Mon Jul 02, 2007 2:04 pm UTC
Location: ¿burning you?

Re: Fleeting/Random Thoughts

Postby Cheese » Sat Dec 29, 2007 10:34 pm UTC

Tell all your friends!

I had a birthday one Easter (March 27th, probably '05, I'm too lazy to look it up), and that sucked. I can imagine that Christmas would be a lot worse.
hermaj wrote:No-one. Will. Be. Taking. Cheese's. Spot.
Spoiler:
LE4dGOLEM wrote:Cheese is utterly correct on all fronts.
SecondTalon wrote:That thing that Cheese just said. Do that.
Meaux_Pas wrote:I hereby disagree and declare Cheese to be brilliant.
Image

User avatar
SecondTalon
SexyTalon
Posts: 26508
Joined: Sat May 05, 2007 2:10 pm UTC
Location: Louisville, Kentucky, USA, Mars. HA!
Contact:

Re: Fleeting/Random Thoughts

Postby SecondTalon » Sat Dec 29, 2007 11:06 pm UTC

It doesn't even compare. My birthday is in mid November, and I dealt with relatives trying to pull combo Christmas/Birthday gifts... at least mine was far enough out that no one tried the Merry Christmas and Happy Birthday cards.

I've always felt sorry for everyone I know with a December/early January birthday.


FT: People, don't fuck in March/April
heuristically_alone wrote:I want to write a DnD campaign and play it by myself and DM it myself.
heuristically_alone wrote:I have been informed that this is called writing a book.

User avatar
Chocceh
Posts: 366
Joined: Thu Jun 28, 2007 9:34 pm UTC
Location: Californialand
Contact:

Re: Fleeting/Random Thoughts

Postby Chocceh » Sat Dec 29, 2007 11:11 pm UTC

SecondTalon wrote:It doesn't even compare. My birthday is in mid November, and I dealt with relatives trying to pull combo Christmas/Birthday gifts... at least mine was far enough out that no one tried the Merry Christmas and Happy Birthday cards.

I've always felt sorry for everyone I know with a December/early January birthday.


FT: People, don't fuck in March/April


My mom's Jan 2, and I have a friend who's born on April 20th. Admittedly, she's a bit of a hippy.
Okay

Cassi
Posts: 1950
Joined: Tue Aug 28, 2007 4:53 pm UTC
Location: England.

Re: Fleeting/Random Thoughts

Postby Cassi » Sat Dec 29, 2007 11:17 pm UTC

Yea, my birthday's coming up in a week. It sucks. People forget it, because they're getting over the holidays, or they give a combined gift, and they can't be arsed to actually go out and do anything...

Stopping now before I go into one of my miserable moods. The point is, birthdays around Christmas are not much fun.
une see wrote:Cass, YOU are my favorite!

User avatar
Kikral
Posts: 326
Joined: Wed Jul 11, 2007 6:42 pm UTC
Location: McKinney, Texas

Re: Fleeting/Random Thoughts

Postby Kikral » Sat Dec 29, 2007 11:38 pm UTC

I never see a problem with it. I just told people to give me money for my birthday. Seems to keep them calm. I guess when you get out of the immediate family, that rule goes out the window however.

I really feel bad for the kids born on 6/6/06. They're going to get no end of grief from idiots gawking at the "birthday of the beast"
I am the man your gods will have nightmares about for the next 50 years.

User avatar
Aleril
Le Rail
Posts: 2279
Joined: Thu Oct 18, 2007 5:06 pm UTC
Location: Don't make me slap you.

Re: Fleeting/Random Thoughts

Postby Aleril » Sun Dec 30, 2007 12:49 am UTC

Kikral wrote:I never see a problem with it. I just told people to give me money for my birthday. Seems to keep them calm. I guess when you get out of the immediate family, that rule goes out the window however.

I really feel bad for the kids born on 6/6/06. They're going to get no end of grief from idiots gawking at the "birthday of the beast"


Yea, I would want to talk to them in about 13 years, to see if they do get as much grief as I think they will.
Image

User avatar
Maseiken
The Candylawyer
Posts: 2827
Joined: Sat May 19, 2007 11:13 am UTC

Re: Fleeting/Random Thoughts

Postby Maseiken » Sun Dec 30, 2007 1:13 am UTC

I've been waiting for ages for someone's purchases at My register at coles to amount to exactly 6.66 Dollars. The other day, I got 6.67.
I almost cried.
"GRRRRRRRRRROOOOOOOOWR!!!!"
(Translation: "Objection!")

Maseiken had the ball at the top of the key...

User avatar
Aleril
Le Rail
Posts: 2279
Joined: Thu Oct 18, 2007 5:06 pm UTC
Location: Don't make me slap you.

Re: Fleeting/Random Thoughts

Postby Aleril » Sun Dec 30, 2007 1:15 am UTC

Maseiken wrote:I've been waiting for ages for someone's purchases at My register at coles to amount to exactly 6.66 Dollars. The other day, I got 6.67.
I almost cried.



So close yet so far.

Dont forget, there are other awesome numbers. Look for 13.37
Image

User avatar
null
Posts: 50
Joined: Wed Dec 26, 2007 3:14 pm UTC

Re: Fleeting/Random Thoughts

Postby null » Sun Dec 30, 2007 2:29 am UTC

Cassi wrote:Yea, my birthday's coming up in a week. It sucks.


Happy birthday for a weeks time. We love you, even if everyone else sucks...<3


Dont forget, there are other awesome numbers. Look for 13.37


I swear at 37 minutes past one, every day, i look at a clock...and smile.

User avatar
Geekthras
3) What if it's delicious?
Posts: 529
Joined: Wed Oct 03, 2007 4:23 am UTC
Location: Around Boston, MA

Re: Fleeting/Random Thoughts

Postby Geekthras » Sun Dec 30, 2007 4:42 am UTC

I like that 1337 is 666*2 + 5
Wait. With a SPOON?!

User avatar
SecondTalon
SexyTalon
Posts: 26508
Joined: Sat May 05, 2007 2:10 pm UTC
Location: Louisville, Kentucky, USA, Mars. HA!
Contact:

Re: Fleeting/Random Thoughts

Postby SecondTalon » Sun Dec 30, 2007 4:46 am UTC

Oh yeah? Well.. 666*120+165 = 80085!

BOOBS!!!!
heuristically_alone wrote:I want to write a DnD campaign and play it by myself and DM it myself.
heuristically_alone wrote:I have been informed that this is called writing a book.

The Mighty Thesaurus
In your library, eating your students
Posts: 4399
Joined: Wed Apr 11, 2007 7:47 am UTC
Location: The Daily Bugle

Re: Fleeting/Random Thoughts

Postby The Mighty Thesaurus » Sun Dec 30, 2007 4:54 am UTC

You can get anything to equal anything else if you multiply it by a random number and add another random number. That isn't impressive.

On the other hand, the-guy-whose-name-is-definitely-not-Eric's "equation" is very impressive.
Last edited by The Mighty Thesaurus on Sun Dec 30, 2007 7:31 pm UTC, edited 2 times in total.
LE4dGOLEM wrote:your ability to tell things from things remains one of your skills.
Weeks wrote:Not only can you tell things from things, you can recognize when a thing is a thing

Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

User avatar
El Senor Fruit Swing
Posts: 1048
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2007 3:57 pm UTC
Location: Michigan
Contact:

Re: Fleeting/Random Thoughts

Postby El Senor Fruit Swing » Sun Dec 30, 2007 7:10 am UTC

RT: Wonders if anyone missed him in his absence
Raiku wrote: Oh, I 'Falcon Punched' a tree for the hell of it, and it's still quite bloody...

User avatar
SecondTalon
SexyTalon
Posts: 26508
Joined: Sat May 05, 2007 2:10 pm UTC
Location: Louisville, Kentucky, USA, Mars. HA!
Contact:

Re: Fleeting/Random Thoughts

Postby SecondTalon » Sun Dec 30, 2007 7:22 pm UTC

The Mighty Thesaurus wrote:You can get anything to equal anything else if you multiply it by a random number and add another random number. That isn't impressive.

On the other hand, Eric's "equation" is very impressive.


Hey! No real names!

Damnit, now I have to kill everyone here.
heuristically_alone wrote:I want to write a DnD campaign and play it by myself and DM it myself.
heuristically_alone wrote:I have been informed that this is called writing a book.

User avatar
Upsilon
Posts: 1119
Joined: Tue Dec 04, 2007 1:53 am UTC
Location: Wisconsin
Contact:

Re: Fleeting/Random Thoughts

Postby Upsilon » Sun Dec 30, 2007 7:25 pm UTC

You know, I never would have figured out that it was your name until you posted that it was your name.
22/M/USA
age/sex/location
Spoiler:
Upsilon avatar from TaintedDeity.

The Mighty Thesaurus
In your library, eating your students
Posts: 4399
Joined: Wed Apr 11, 2007 7:47 am UTC
Location: The Daily Bugle

Re: Fleeting/Random Thoughts

Postby The Mighty Thesaurus » Sun Dec 30, 2007 7:28 pm UTC

ST: I've edited my post, feel free to ignore it.
LE4dGOLEM wrote:your ability to tell things from things remains one of your skills.
Weeks wrote:Not only can you tell things from things, you can recognize when a thing is a thing

Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

User avatar
SecondTalon
SexyTalon
Posts: 26508
Joined: Sat May 05, 2007 2:10 pm UTC
Location: Louisville, Kentucky, USA, Mars. HA!
Contact:

Re: Fleeting/Random Thoughts

Postby SecondTalon » Sun Dec 30, 2007 7:31 pm UTC

Upsilon wrote:You know, I never would have figured out that it was your name until you posted that it was your name.


Hence the joke.

The Mighty Thesaurus wrote:ST: I've edited my post, feel free to ignore it.


You can leave it.. I was being funny.... okay, so I was being funny in a way that made me giggle and damn whatever anyone else thinks.
heuristically_alone wrote:I want to write a DnD campaign and play it by myself and DM it myself.
heuristically_alone wrote:I have been informed that this is called writing a book.

The Mighty Thesaurus
In your library, eating your students
Posts: 4399
Joined: Wed Apr 11, 2007 7:47 am UTC
Location: The Daily Bugle

Re: Fleeting/Random Thoughts

Postby The Mighty Thesaurus » Sun Dec 30, 2007 7:33 pm UTC

SecondTalon wrote:You can leave it.. I was being funny.... okay, so I was being funny in a way that made me giggle and damn whatever anyone else thinks.


I thought it was funny, but I wasn't certain. I know some people have a problem with having their real name on the Intertubes.
LE4dGOLEM wrote:your ability to tell things from things remains one of your skills.
Weeks wrote:Not only can you tell things from things, you can recognize when a thing is a thing

Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam


Return to “General”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 39 guests