Hifaleetin' thoughts

Things that don't belong anywhere else. (Check first).

Moderators: Moderators General, Prelates, Magistrates

Klapaucius
Posts: 712
Joined: Thu Aug 21, 2008 11:00 pm UTC

Re: Fleeting/Random Thoughts

Postby Klapaucius » Sun Sep 28, 2008 7:35 pm UTC

You know what the first mistake was?

Giving men the right to vote.
500%!

User avatar
TaintedDeity
Posts: 4003
Joined: Sun Feb 10, 2008 7:22 pm UTC
Location: England;

Re: Fleeting/Random Thoughts

Postby TaintedDeity » Sun Sep 28, 2008 7:36 pm UTC

Noc wrote:FT - Holy crap there's a big 'old bird outside my window.

A big bold bird?
A big fold bird?
A big hold bird?
A big cold bird?
A big sold bird?
A big mold bird?
Ⓞⓞ◯

User avatar
Cheese
and spam. (Euggh)
Posts: 3909
Joined: Mon Jul 02, 2007 2:04 pm UTC
Location: ¿burning you?

Re: Fleeting/Random Thoughts

Postby Cheese » Sun Sep 28, 2008 7:37 pm UTC

Awia wrote:Dammit! I was too slow to get a month of Club Penguin membership from L3ed :(
...I don't think you deserve it, for that mess you made of LE4d's name...

And ParanoidAndroid: you can't dodge blue shells by dropping back, unless you drop back before the shell is launched. They target the person who's in 1st when they're fired, and only aim for them. What you're meant to do is slow down just enough that the shell will knock out the person in second place, and maybe third too. The best way to dodge blue shells is to fall off the stage...
hermaj wrote:No-one. Will. Be. Taking. Cheese's. Spot.
Spoiler:
LE4dGOLEM wrote:Cheese is utterly correct on all fronts.
SecondTalon wrote:That thing that Cheese just said. Do that.
Meaux_Pas wrote:I hereby disagree and declare Cheese to be brilliant.
Image

User avatar
ParanoidAndroid
Posts: 1198
Joined: Sat Jul 12, 2008 5:15 pm UTC
Location: Virginia
Contact:

Re: Fleeting/Random Thoughts

Postby ParanoidAndroid » Sun Sep 28, 2008 7:38 pm UTC

TaintedDeity wrote:
Noc wrote:FT - Holy crap there's a big 'old bird outside my window.

A big bold bird?


I'm assuming this one because the alliteration amuses me.

Awia
Posts: 1182
Joined: Fri Jun 08, 2007 7:57 pm UTC
Location: Britland!

Re: Fleeting/Random Thoughts

Postby Awia » Sun Sep 28, 2008 7:39 pm UTC

Cheese wrote:
Awia wrote:Dammit! I was too slow to get a month of Club Penguin membership from L3ed :(
...I don't think you deserve it, for that mess you made of LE4d's name...
It's all lies!
Francis wrote:Look on the bright side, if you all die I'll still be handsome

User avatar
ParanoidAndroid
Posts: 1198
Joined: Sat Jul 12, 2008 5:15 pm UTC
Location: Virginia
Contact:

Re: Fleeting/Random Thoughts

Postby ParanoidAndroid » Sun Sep 28, 2008 7:40 pm UTC

Cheese wrote:And ParanoidAndroid: you can't dodge blue shells by dropping back, unless you drop back before the shell is launched. They target the person who's in 1st when they're fired, and only aim for them. What you're meant to do is slow down just enough that the shell will knock out the person in second place, and maybe third too. The best way to dodge blue shells is to fall off the stage...


Duly noted. I've got my people working on countermeasures. Unfortunately, I still don't have a bike or electric skateboard. I don't even have those annoying shoes with the wheel built into the heel or anything.

User avatar
LE4dGOLEM
is unique......wait, no!!!!
Posts: 5972
Joined: Thu Oct 12, 2006 7:10 pm UTC
Location: :uoıʇɐɔol

Re: Fleeting/Random Thoughts

Postby LE4dGOLEM » Sun Sep 28, 2008 7:40 pm UTC

Did the number work, by the way? I just found the card on the floor in town.
Image Une See Fights - crayon super-ish hero webcomic!
doogly wrote:It would just be much better if it were not shitty.

User avatar
Cheese
and spam. (Euggh)
Posts: 3909
Joined: Mon Jul 02, 2007 2:04 pm UTC
Location: ¿burning you?

Re: Fleeting/Random Thoughts

Postby Cheese » Sun Sep 28, 2008 7:46 pm UTC

I don't know, I've not tried it. I'm willing to pass it on, if anyone else wants it... I didn't bother to check what Club Penguin was, I just sent off the PM as fast as possible. Then I checked.
hermaj wrote:No-one. Will. Be. Taking. Cheese's. Spot.
Spoiler:
LE4dGOLEM wrote:Cheese is utterly correct on all fronts.
SecondTalon wrote:That thing that Cheese just said. Do that.
Meaux_Pas wrote:I hereby disagree and declare Cheese to be brilliant.
Image

Awia
Posts: 1182
Joined: Fri Jun 08, 2007 7:57 pm UTC
Location: Britland!

Re: Fleeting/Random Thoughts

Postby Awia » Sun Sep 28, 2008 7:46 pm UTC

I'll have it please cheese :)
Francis wrote:Look on the bright side, if you all die I'll still be handsome

User avatar
ParanoidAndroid
Posts: 1198
Joined: Sat Jul 12, 2008 5:15 pm UTC
Location: Virginia
Contact:

Re: Fleeting/Random Thoughts

Postby ParanoidAndroid » Sun Sep 28, 2008 8:25 pm UTC


User avatar
Cheese
and spam. (Euggh)
Posts: 3909
Joined: Mon Jul 02, 2007 2:04 pm UTC
Location: ¿burning you?

Re: Fleeting/Random Thoughts

Postby Cheese » Sun Sep 28, 2008 8:30 pm UTC

<3 my newsfeeds. I saw that one a few days ago. I'm still recovering.
hermaj wrote:No-one. Will. Be. Taking. Cheese's. Spot.
Spoiler:
LE4dGOLEM wrote:Cheese is utterly correct on all fronts.
SecondTalon wrote:That thing that Cheese just said. Do that.
Meaux_Pas wrote:I hereby disagree and declare Cheese to be brilliant.
Image

User avatar
ParanoidAndroid
Posts: 1198
Joined: Sat Jul 12, 2008 5:15 pm UTC
Location: Virginia
Contact:

Re: Fleeting/Random Thoughts

Postby ParanoidAndroid » Sun Sep 28, 2008 8:32 pm UTC

That's going to be stuck in my head for weeks.

User avatar
Warpath
Posts: 214
Joined: Thu Sep 04, 2008 12:21 am UTC
Location: rawr

Re: Fleeting/Random Thoughts

Postby Warpath » Sun Sep 28, 2008 9:11 pm UTC

ParanoidAndroid wrote:Oh, wow...

I think it was about 1:58 into it that really made it disturbing.

That and the fat guy didn't look too happy being there...

Numzane
Posts: 447
Joined: Thu Mar 20, 2008 1:25 pm UTC
Location: South Africa

Re: Fleeting/Random Thoughts

Postby Numzane » Sun Sep 28, 2008 9:46 pm UTC

Either my mouse, my windows or my mother board is fucked.
*Often edits posts as soon as they're posted*

James while John had had had had had had had had had had had a better effect on the teacher.

elminster
Posts: 1560
Joined: Mon Feb 26, 2007 1:56 pm UTC
Location: London, UK, Dimensions 1 to 42.
Contact:

Re: Fleeting/Random Thoughts

Postby elminster » Sun Sep 28, 2008 11:28 pm UTC

Raiku wrote:I think the blue one are 100% undodgeable...
In Mario Kart Double Dash they're not, but still very hard to dodge.

@micco: Well damn. The word "Golden" had very few other sceneries that would be more suiting to than those.

Thoughts: I often wonder how I actually manage to maintain friendships with the people I do. In my head, there's probably only a handful of them that actually suit being with who I think I am and, of the people I've met, there are none I'd say were ideal 2 way friendships.
- All I can taste at the moment is dust. Dust from literally thousands of old books I've been helping sort out. Some dating back to late 1700's and some with huge amounts of mould, which I can only hope doesn't give any kind of lung infection.
- Seriously, the number of people saying "BUY THIS NOW", "Don't look further, just buy this. You won't regret it!", etc in reviews about products is starting to annoy me. At first I thought it was simply a select few, but I slowly started noticing more and more. There's so many things wrong with a supposed "review" like that, you would have thought someone would notice.
- Reading through review after review in order to find the best parts for my bro's new PC is interesting in that there's such detailed reviews on fans, but annoying in that there's such a wide range of opinions. Also it doesn't do wonders for the urge to buy things, which led me to find a bargain on ebay for something "Far too expensive, but I'd love one" list for approx half price.
- I need to post more often rather than condensing part of them into big posts. It always looks like I go overkill on a largely low word count topic.

On random people in Uni building: We had several items of food and our bathroom door (A "Seriously... wtf?!" moment) stolen while at uni in the first year. One person was caught in our kitchen, but he said he was waiting for a particular flatmate (Got his name from somewhere) and, when the flatmate who found him went to check, he left. However, if I actually caught someone stealing red-handed, he would be lucky to get away unscathed. I wouldn't mind restraining a female bugler till authorities arrive, but, for the purposes of the jury, doing anything more is best saved for the male buglers.
Damn right I'll pervert the course of justice in order to deliver my own punishment upon scum and I'm sure it wouldn't be too hard to come up with a plausible struggle in which they end up getting hurt through my self defence. *Gives a psychopathic grin*
Last edited by elminster on Mon Sep 29, 2008 3:34 am UTC, edited 1 time in total.
Image

User avatar
The Hyphenator
Posts: 791
Joined: Mon Nov 19, 2007 2:16 am UTC
Location: The Shades, Ankh-Morpork

Re: Fleeting/Random Thoughts

Postby The Hyphenator » Sun Sep 28, 2008 11:37 pm UTC

ParanoidAndroid wrote:Oh, wow...

And the worst part is, I can't stop listening to it. It's like a horrible fascination.
The image link changes whenever I find a new cool website.
Spoiler:
Image

User avatar
Cynical Idealist
Posts: 1124
Joined: Mon Sep 15, 2008 10:48 pm UTC

Re: Fleeting/Random Thoughts

Postby Cynical Idealist » Sun Sep 28, 2008 11:42 pm UTC

Thought inspired from my drive to school today: I hate it SO MUCH when one 18-wheeler is passing another on a section of highway with 2 lanes in each direction. They ALWAYS seem to be going well below the speed limit.
The internet removes the two biggest aids in detecting sarcasm:
1)The tone of voice
2)the assumption that the other person is sane
Elvish Pillager wrote:See? All the problems in our society are caused by violent video games, like FarmVille.

ACU-LP
Posts: 2826
Joined: Sun Aug 10, 2008 12:39 pm UTC
Location: Sydney
Contact:

Re: Fleeting/Random Thoughts

Postby ACU-LP » Sun Sep 28, 2008 11:47 pm UTC

There are *supposed* to be ways to avoid a blue shell....but other than a star, I can find nothing in the wii version.....:(
I Am Raven wrote:Math is like a penis: it can be very satisfactory, but also a pain in the ass.
Red vs Blue wrote:Wash: That was the worst throw ever. Of all time.
Caboose: Not my fault. Someone put a wall in my way.

User avatar
Gojoe
Posts: 3218
Joined: Wed Apr 30, 2008 12:45 pm UTC
Location: New Zealand!!!

Re: Fleeting/Random Thoughts

Postby Gojoe » Sun Sep 28, 2008 11:49 pm UTC

ACU-LP wrote:There are *supposed* to be ways to avoid a blue shell....but other than a star, I can find nothing in the wii version.....:(
If you get fired out of a canon at the right time, it does not hit you.
michaelandjimi wrote:Oh Mr Gojoe
I won't make fun of your mojo.
Though in this fora I serenade you
I really only do it to aid you.
*Various positive comments on your masculinity
That continue on into infinity*

Feeble accompanying guitar.

ACU-LP
Posts: 2826
Joined: Sun Aug 10, 2008 12:39 pm UTC
Location: Sydney
Contact:

Re: Fleeting/Random Thoughts

Postby ACU-LP » Sun Sep 28, 2008 11:52 pm UTC

Gojoe wrote:
ACU-LP wrote:There are *supposed* to be ways to avoid a blue shell....but other than a star, I can find nothing in the wii version.....:(
If you get fired out of a canon at the right time, it does not hit you.

That makes sense actually....and if there is no cannon?
I Am Raven wrote:Math is like a penis: it can be very satisfactory, but also a pain in the ass.
Red vs Blue wrote:Wash: That was the worst throw ever. Of all time.
Caboose: Not my fault. Someone put a wall in my way.

User avatar
benjhuey
Posts: 3328
Joined: Sat Sep 08, 2007 2:35 am UTC
Location: A collection of rocks

Re: Fleeting/Random Thoughts

Postby benjhuey » Sun Sep 28, 2008 11:52 pm UTC

Apparently I didn't delete my old avatars. I simply moved them to a different folder and forgot I had put them there.
多么现在棕色母牛?

User avatar
Sarr
Posts: 891
Joined: Tue Oct 02, 2007 9:34 pm UTC

Re: Fleeting/Random Thoughts

Postby Sarr » Sun Sep 28, 2008 11:54 pm UTC

Hell yes!
Rakysh wrote:Basically, xkcd is basically for punching into submission the dumb frat guy in your brain.

User avatar
Gojoe
Posts: 3218
Joined: Wed Apr 30, 2008 12:45 pm UTC
Location: New Zealand!!!

Re: Fleeting/Random Thoughts

Postby Gojoe » Sun Sep 28, 2008 11:55 pm UTC

ACU-LP wrote:
Gojoe wrote:
ACU-LP wrote:There are *supposed* to be ways to avoid a blue shell....but other than a star, I can find nothing in the wii version.....:(
If you get fired out of a canon at the right time, it does not hit you.

That makes sense actually....and if there is no cannon?
Pray

Also, YAY Benjhuey's old avatars make me oh so happy!
michaelandjimi wrote:Oh Mr Gojoe
I won't make fun of your mojo.
Though in this fora I serenade you
I really only do it to aid you.
*Various positive comments on your masculinity
That continue on into infinity*

Feeble accompanying guitar.

ACU-LP
Posts: 2826
Joined: Sun Aug 10, 2008 12:39 pm UTC
Location: Sydney
Contact:

Re: Fleeting/Random Thoughts

Postby ACU-LP » Sun Sep 28, 2008 11:56 pm UTC

benjhuey wrote:Apparently I didn't delete my old avatars. I simply moved them to a different folder and forgot I had put them there.

YAY!
Yours is one of the avatars I noticed most whilst I lurked before I joined....I had no idea where you went....
I Am Raven wrote:Math is like a penis: it can be very satisfactory, but also a pain in the ass.
Red vs Blue wrote:Wash: That was the worst throw ever. Of all time.
Caboose: Not my fault. Someone put a wall in my way.

User avatar
Sarr
Posts: 891
Joined: Tue Oct 02, 2007 9:34 pm UTC

Re: Fleeting/Random Thoughts

Postby Sarr » Mon Sep 29, 2008 12:02 am UTC

House Of Leaves is what you read when your brain just needs a good fucking.
Rakysh wrote:Basically, xkcd is basically for punching into submission the dumb frat guy in your brain.

User avatar
Warpath
Posts: 214
Joined: Thu Sep 04, 2008 12:21 am UTC
Location: rawr

Re: Fleeting/Random Thoughts

Postby Warpath » Mon Sep 29, 2008 12:06 am UTC

Cynical Idealist wrote:Thought inspired from my drive to school today: I hate it SO MUCH when one 18-wheeler is passing another on a section of highway with 2 lanes in each direction. They ALWAYS seem to be going well below the speed limit.

I always find that no matter where you go... minivans always go slower than how fast you want them to go.

Mo0man
Posts: 1258
Joined: Tue Jan 22, 2008 4:46 am UTC
Location: 2 weeks ago

Re: Fleeting/Random Thoughts

Postby Mo0man » Mon Sep 29, 2008 12:44 am UTC

Yay for pictures of for sad children!
causa major dormuc vulnero ut ovis goatee
I'm number 20075. Remember that. It's important

User avatar
ParanoidAndroid
Posts: 1198
Joined: Sat Jul 12, 2008 5:15 pm UTC
Location: Virginia
Contact:

Re: Fleeting/Random Thoughts

Postby ParanoidAndroid » Mon Sep 29, 2008 12:47 am UTC

The Hyphenator wrote:
ParanoidAndroid wrote:Oh, wow...

And the worst part is, I can't stop listening to it. It's like a horrible fascination.


Same here. I've been humming it all night.

Spoiler:
Zap!

Hit3k
Posts: 1156
Joined: Sun Apr 22, 2007 9:12 am UTC
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Contact:

Re: Fleeting/Random Thoughts

Postby Hit3k » Mon Sep 29, 2008 2:17 am UTC

FT: I forgot my random thought....
Sungura wrote:My mom made me watch a star wars. Two of them , actually. The Death Star one and the one where the dude ends up in the swamp with the weird guy who talks funny.

User avatar
Zak
Posts: 2230
Joined: Sun Dec 16, 2007 7:25 am UTC
Location: In the making.

Re: Fleeting/Random Thoughts

Postby Zak » Mon Sep 29, 2008 2:19 am UTC

i have now listened to the same station on pandora for over 40 songs...
*waggles eyebrows*

User avatar
Ishindri
Posts: 534
Joined: Mon Sep 03, 2007 9:52 pm UTC
Location: Maryland, USA

Re: Fleeting/Random Thoughts

Postby Ishindri » Mon Sep 29, 2008 2:49 am UTC

RT: Wouldn't a concentrated gamma-ray laser emit Cerenkov radiation?

(I actually got out of bed to post this)

RT: I probably spend too much time on these fora. Even though I never post, so probably nobody knows me.
All is well. We are not like the others.

User avatar
benjhuey
Posts: 3328
Joined: Sat Sep 08, 2007 2:35 am UTC
Location: A collection of rocks

Re: Fleeting/Random Thoughts

Postby benjhuey » Mon Sep 29, 2008 5:09 am UTC

Ishindri wrote:(I actually got out of bed to post this)

You don't belong here if you're not willing to do that.
多么现在棕色母牛?

User avatar
tryptanymph
More metal than thou
Posts: 2471
Joined: Wed Jan 30, 2008 6:42 pm UTC
Location: ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Contact:

Re: Fleeting/Random Thoughts

Postby tryptanymph » Mon Sep 29, 2008 6:44 am UTC

RT: I always find myself preferring the less popular songs from albums. Anyone else do this?
phlip wrote:sleepy, the only thing you're worse at is being not awesome.*
*All links to be treated as NFSW.

User avatar
TaintedDeity
Posts: 4003
Joined: Sun Feb 10, 2008 7:22 pm UTC
Location: England;

Re: Fleeting/Random Thoughts

Postby TaintedDeity » Mon Sep 29, 2008 6:58 am UTC

sleepygamer wrote:RT: I always find myself preferring the less popular songs from albums. Anyone else do this?

Yes, but then I worry I only like them because I'm trying not to conform.

Even so, chances are you'll prefer the less popular ones.
On an album of 10 songs, at most, 3 will be popular.
Let's say you have 2 favourite songs on that album, what are the chances those 2 will be any of those 3?
Ⓞⓞ◯

User avatar
Blinke
Posts: 414
Joined: Tue Sep 02, 2008 2:05 pm UTC
Location: Sweden
Contact:

Re: Fleeting/Random Thoughts

Postby Blinke » Mon Sep 29, 2008 7:07 am UTC

Ishindri wrote:RT: I probably spend too much time on these fora. Even though I never post, so probably nobody knows me.

Same, I can't seem to get things done since I joined here.

sleepygamer wrote:RT: I always find myself preferring the less popular songs from albums. Anyone else do this?

I do, or rather, I usually like the less popular songs as much as the popular ones.

RT: The majority of my posts here are me agreeing with someone else. Get out of my head, fora!

Hit3k
Posts: 1156
Joined: Sun Apr 22, 2007 9:12 am UTC
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Contact:

Re: Fleeting/Random Thoughts

Postby Hit3k » Mon Sep 29, 2008 7:15 am UTC

sleepygamer wrote:RT: I always find myself preferring the less popular songs from albums. Anyone else do this?

I do it too. Sometimes the popular songs aren't the best on the album; often they're the worst. The best are often the ones that are never released publicly, in my opinion anyway. But maybe like above, I'm just trying no to conform
Sungura wrote:My mom made me watch a star wars. Two of them , actually. The Death Star one and the one where the dude ends up in the swamp with the weird guy who talks funny.

frosty
Posts: 114
Joined: Fri Nov 23, 2007 7:10 pm UTC

Re: Fleeting/Random Thoughts

Postby frosty » Mon Sep 29, 2008 12:03 pm UTC

I find it irritating that I think I have a PM when I get a notification telling me I have... except I've already checked the PM, the notification just arrived after I checked it.

User avatar
The Hyphenator
Posts: 791
Joined: Mon Nov 19, 2007 2:16 am UTC
Location: The Shades, Ankh-Morpork

Re: Fleeting/Random Thoughts

Postby The Hyphenator » Mon Sep 29, 2008 12:10 pm UTC

TaintedDeity wrote:Yes, but then I worry I only like them because I'm trying not to conform.
This is me with all my music.
The image link changes whenever I find a new cool website.
Spoiler:
Image

User avatar
Fin Archangel
Posts: 597
Joined: Wed May 07, 2008 12:42 am UTC
Location: in ur base, killing ur doodz
Contact:

Re: Fleeting/Random Thoughts

Postby Fin Archangel » Mon Sep 29, 2008 2:30 pm UTC

The Hyphenator wrote:
TaintedDeity wrote:Yes, but then I worry I only like them because I'm trying not to conform.
This is me with all my music.


Maybe you should go on sing365.com and find some random bands with ridiculous names and listen to them.
Spoiler:
Image

User avatar
3fj
Posts: 1715
Joined: Wed Jun 11, 2008 1:13 pm UTC
Location: Land of Whisky and Bagpipes (LOWAB)
Contact:

Re: Fleeting/Random Thoughts

Postby 3fj » Mon Sep 29, 2008 2:39 pm UTC

Anything was a swearword in it is good.

"Cuntgargler express"
"The Fucksticks"
"Asshole on ice"

All good bands.
Everything's dead until it's alive. Man will exist, and then he will die. Just take the ride!


Return to “General”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 31 guests