Hifaleetin' thoughts

Things that don't belong anywhere else. (Check first).

Moderators: Moderators General, Prelates, Magistrates

RealGrouchy
Nobody Misses Me As Much As Meaux.

Re: Fleeting/Random Thoughts

Postby RealGrouchy » Sat Oct 11, 2008 2:41 pm UTC

Fuck that trend.

- RG>
Jack Saladin wrote:etc., lock'd
Mighty Jalapeno wrote:At least he has the decency to REMOVE THE GAP BETWEEN HIS QUOTES....
Sungura wrote:I don't really miss him. At all. He was pretty grouchy.

parkaboy
who dwells between the borders of time

Postby parkaboy » Sat Oct 11, 2008 3:59 pm UTC

PictureSarah wrote:I...use boxed color. But I've been coloring my hair the same color for 3 or 4 years at least, and have no immediate plans to stop. And if I do, it's not the end of the world to stop coloring, wait for it to grow to an acceptable length, and cut off the colored part. Almost nobody can tell where the roots start anyway.

the root of your hair is actually under the scalp. The regrowth is pretty obvious to people who know what they're doing, even if your haircolor is half a shade away from you hair color, due to subtle texture changes and... stuff. >_>

I'll go away now.

Back in our day we had to walk uphill both ways through the snow on fire without feet to get fucking terrible relationship advice from disinterested and socially maladjusted nerds. Belial

Meowgan
<3 Everyone [...] Especially Gordon

Postby Meowgan » Sat Oct 11, 2008 4:11 pm UTC

Why am I awake at 3am?
<L> dude. she made a motherfucking stargate.
<L> you need to keep this girl. do whatever it takes.

bigglesworth
I feel like Biggles should have a title

Postby bigglesworth » Sat Oct 11, 2008 4:37 pm UTC

Tbh, it seems totally normal to me for you to be awake at half past five in the afternoon...
Generation Y. I don't remember the First Gulf War, but do remember floppy disks.

PictureSarah
Secretary of Penile Nomenclature

Postby PictureSarah » Sat Oct 11, 2008 4:52 pm UTC

parkaboy wrote: The regrowth is pretty obvious to people who know what they're doing, even if your haircolor is half a shade away from you hair color, due to subtle texture changes and... stuff. >_> [/size]

I'll go away now.

Yes, but the point is that I can't afford for people who know what they're doing to touch my hair on a regular basis (twice a year for $12 haircuts). So it's not obvious to anyone who is looking at my hair on a regular basis. And I know it's probably terrible for my hair etc...but my hair is pretty and shiny all the time, not just a week after I color it. I'm not too fussed.
"A ship is safe in harbor, but that's not what ships are for."

kriel

Postby kriel » Sat Oct 11, 2008 6:55 pm UTC

I have two people in my apt; one of which has been my 'best' friend since third grade. (I'm currently 2y out of high school.) He has his ex-girlfriend over; they're sharing cigarettes (he's quit several times) and talking about going to walmart to get those compressed air cans. And no, they're not using them for cleaning. Or for pyromaniac purposes.

... /sigh

Torvaun

Postby Torvaun » Sat Oct 11, 2008 7:38 pm UTC

kriel wrote:I have two people in my apt; one of which has been my 'best' friend since third grade. (I'm currently 2y out of high school.) He has his ex-girlfriend over; they're sharing cigarettes (he's quit several times) and talking about going to walmart to get those compressed air cans. And no, they're not using them for cleaning. Or for pyromaniac purposes.

... /sigh

That's a way more dangerous way to get a high than, say, spray paint fumes. The propellant is heavier than air, and will sit in your lungs, preventing air from getting in. Way easier to accidentally kill yourself with that shit.
Hawknc wrote:I don't know if you've never heard of trolling, or if you're just very good at it.

semicolon

Postby semicolon » Sat Oct 11, 2008 7:44 pm UTC

Can't they just buy pot?

thecommabandit

Postby thecommabandit » Sat Oct 11, 2008 7:46 pm UTC

I'd imagine it's easier and possibly cheaper to buy compressed air than pot.

RT: Goddamn it! I need a conclusionary paragraph for my personal statement, but I can't think of one. I need this done by Monday. And by "this" I mean my UCAS form.

Alpha Omicron

Postby Alpha Omicron » Sat Oct 11, 2008 7:55 pm UTC

thecommabandit wrote:I'd imagine it's easier and possibly cheaper to buy compressed air than pot.

Easier but not cheaper.
Here is a link to a page which leverages aggregation of my tweetbook social blogomedia.

MechanicalPen

Postby MechanicalPen » Sat Oct 11, 2008 8:08 pm UTC

RT: Who thought it was a good idea to make body wash a blood red color? Darned near gave me a heart attack...

RT2/mini-rant: People need to stop using file extensions that only one program can read! Downloaded a cd image last night, only to find that it was in .isz format. The only (free) program that understands that format is Daemon tools, and it doesn't burn cds! I had to emulate the file as a cd with daemon tools, create an image file off of that, and then THAT image to a disk.

Delalyra

Postby Delalyra » Sat Oct 11, 2008 8:23 pm UTC

existential_elevator wrote:To drag up the old; Sappho is awesome. And, Bible-wise, read Song of Solomon. I say it so much but it is the BEST BOOK EVAH! it being one of the oldest examples of erotic literature. As for Ancient texts in general, MS will agree I get a little stabby when people are taught them out of context - that's what I get for being a bit of an ancient lit geek, though.

I get to learn ancient greek this year :D I'm so happy that maybe someday I can read Euripides in its original form. And the presocratics too, because they're also pretty awesome. I have a stack right next to me of vocab.

Also: Julmust is tasty. Yes, I know it's early, I've established this.

Mmmmmm, ancient greek. χαιρε!, etc. (missing accents there, I'm sure. I'm new to it, too.)

I'd so get a degree in classics if, well, it paid better than what I'm planning to do.

*cookies for Fossa*
you may remember me from 2008 or 2009. I left for a while. I'm now sporadically back. I tumble here.

Balsamic

Postby Balsamic » Sat Oct 11, 2008 8:32 pm UTC

Received several drunk smses from a girl over night. Now, like most people I've sent a few of them myself over the years but I can't help but recognise what bad form it is when on the receiving end. It always does seem like a good idea at the time though!
Oscar Wilde, The Picture of Dorian Gray wrote:I choose my friends for their good looks, my acquaintances for their good characters, and my enemies for their good intellects. A man cannot be too careful in the choice of his enemies.

JayDee

Postby JayDee » Sat Oct 11, 2008 9:42 pm UTC

existential_elevator wrote:I get to learn ancient greek this year :D I'm so happy that maybe someday I can read Euripides in its original form. And the presocratics too, because they're also pretty awesome. I have a stack right next to me of vocab.

Yay! I've done enough Ancient Greek now that this semester our texts where Plato (Gorgias) and Aristophanes (Clouds). Every single class I walk out happy because I've been reading [Plato|Aristophanes] in the original text. But I think I've used up all my electives now, so I don't know if I can do another semester.
The Mighty Thesaurus wrote:I believe that everything can and must be joked about.
Hawknc wrote:I like to think that he hasn't left, he's just finally completed his foe list.

kriel

Postby kriel » Sat Oct 11, 2008 11:04 pm UTC

kriel wrote:And no, they're not using them for cleaning.
He went into the bathroom, made some kind of screaming noise, came out laughing, and is now pretty incoherent.

... I'm either :cry: or :evil: and I don't know.

EDIT: They left. It's definetely :cry:.

Waldo

Postby Waldo » Sun Oct 12, 2008 12:05 am UTC

In my experience, being with friends from 3rd grade is always a rather depressing experience. More often than not they're nothing like they used to be, whereas I feel like I'm exactly the same as all those years ago :?
[Signature pending...]

Warpath

Postby Warpath » Sun Oct 12, 2008 12:11 am UTC

*Fights back the urge to make jokes about how he found Waldo*

RealGrouchy
Nobody Misses Me As Much As Meaux.

Postby RealGrouchy » Sun Oct 12, 2008 3:24 am UTC

Warpath wrote:*Fights back the urge to make jokes about how he found Waldo*
Pussy. Watch how it's done.

"I was stuck in the gutter, a miserable person with no hope of a future, until someone came up to me and showed me the way. Since I found Waldo, I have been able to live a virtuous life, serving God's in the footsteps of Waldo."

- RG>
Jack Saladin wrote:etc., lock'd
Mighty Jalapeno wrote:At least he has the decency to REMOVE THE GAP BETWEEN HIS QUOTES....
Sungura wrote:I don't really miss him. At all. He was pretty grouchy.

Waldo

Postby Waldo » Sun Oct 12, 2008 3:46 am UTC

RealGrouchy wrote:
Warpath wrote:*Fights back the urge to make jokes about how he found Waldo*
Pussy. Watch how it's done.

"I was stuck in the gutter, a miserable person with no hope of a future, until someone came up to me and showed me the way. Since I found Waldo, I have been able to live a virtuous life, serving God's in the footsteps of Waldo."

- RG>

Damn! Nobody was supposed to know about my religious cult yet.

Well, now that it's out, start bowing, folks! :P
[Signature pending...]

'; DROP DATABASE;--

Postby '; DROP DATABASE;-- » Sun Oct 12, 2008 6:22 am UTC

I hate when I remember that I had a really good idea, but not any clue as to what the idea was. :(
poxic wrote:You suck. And simultaneously rock. I think you've invented a new state of being.

Waldo

Postby Waldo » Sun Oct 12, 2008 6:27 am UTC

It's even worse when you have a great idea, forget it, and spend hours agonizing over what it was. Eventually, you remember it and it's like "Hey, I remember it! It's- wait, that's it? Was that really worth agonizing over for hours?"

Which reminds me, I thought of the coolest thing the other day... :x
[Signature pending...]

Hit3k

Postby Hit3k » Sun Oct 12, 2008 7:01 am UTC

'; DROP DATABASE;-- wrote:I hate when I remember that I had a really good idea, but not any clue as to what the idea was. :(

Me too!
I'm slowly beginning to understand probability but there is a high probability that I wont be prepared for my test on probability.
Sungura wrote:My mom made me watch a star wars. Two of them , actually. The Death Star one and the one where the dude ends up in the swamp with the weird guy who talks funny.

Xeio
Friends, Faidites, Countrymen

Postby Xeio » Sun Oct 12, 2008 7:42 am UTC

Hit3k wrote:
'; DROP DATABASE;-- wrote:I hate when I remember that I had a really good idea, but not any clue as to what the idea was. :(
Me too!
I think this is often the effect where an idea seems brilliant at the time, but your subconscious knows its terrible, and deletes it once you get distracted. Or maybe I just rationalize that way so I don't regret forgetting it. :roll:

Hit3k

Postby Hit3k » Sun Oct 12, 2008 11:31 am UTC

I need a new IRC hideout, my current one is getting old and wrinkly.
Sungura wrote:My mom made me watch a star wars. Two of them , actually. The Death Star one and the one where the dude ends up in the swamp with the weird guy who talks funny.

existential_elevator
The awesomest one!

Postby existential_elevator » Sun Oct 12, 2008 11:37 am UTC

JayDee wrote:Yay! I've done enough Ancient Greek now that this semester our texts where Plato (Gorgias) and Aristophanes (Clouds). Every single class I walk out happy because I've been reading [Plato|Aristophanes] in the original text. But I think I've used up all my electives now, so I don't know if I can do another semester.

Won't they let you just sit in on it anyway?
That is totally awesome :D I'll be calling you now when I'm stuck with my grammar..

Delalyra wrote:Mmmmmm, ancient greek. χαιρε!, etc. (missing accents there, I'm sure. I'm new to it, too.)

I'd so get a degree in classics if, well, it paid better than what I'm planning to do.

...I don't even have that excuse :( I realised I'm not all that many credits away from being able to class my degree course as "Philosophy with classical civilisation" though. Which is a minor victory, I guess. Classics is so fun ~sigh~

JayDee

Postby JayDee » Sun Oct 12, 2008 11:49 am UTC

existential_elevator wrote:
JayDee wrote:Yay! I've done enough Ancient Greek now that this semester our texts where Plato (Gorgias) and Aristophanes (Clouds). Every single class I walk out happy because I've been reading [Plato|Aristophanes] in the original text. But I think I've used up all my electives now, so I don't know if I can do another semester.

Won't they let you just sit in on it anyway?
That is totally awesome :D I'll be calling you now when I'm stuck with my grammar..

Yeah, I should be able to sit in. The professor is pretty cool. Grammar I can maybe help with, but I suck at vocab. I love being able to look everything up (open book homework and tests.)
The Mighty Thesaurus wrote:I believe that everything can and must be joked about.
Hawknc wrote:I like to think that he hasn't left, he's just finally completed his foe list.

ACU-LP

Postby ACU-LP » Sun Oct 12, 2008 12:28 pm UTC

Cats are soooooo cute. But they cause interesting situations sometimes.
I'm cuddling the cat as it sits on me and then I poke it. Then it licks me. I say 'Apparently I taste good'
Then one of the other people there (twas a four person 19th birthday party) goes 'I bet you do'.
Now both of us had been drinking V (an energy drink). V causes both of us to have *excessively* dirty minds.
QED, I looked quite stunned and unsure what to say for a few seconds, and someone else changed the topic before either of us said anything else.
.... :shock:
I Am Raven wrote:Math is like a penis: it can be very satisfactory, but also a pain in the ass.
Red vs Blue wrote:Wash: That was the worst throw ever. Of all time.
Caboose: Not my fault. Someone put a wall in my way.

Hit3k

Postby Hit3k » Sun Oct 12, 2008 12:32 pm UTC

ACU-LP wrote:Cats are soooooo cute. But they cause interesting situations sometimes.
I'm cuddling the cat as it sits on me and then I poke it. Then it licks me. I say 'Apparently I taste good'
Then one of the other people there (twas a four person 19th birthday party) goes 'I bet you do'.
Now both of us had been drinking V (an energy drink). V causes both of us to have *excessively* dirty minds.
QED, I looked quite stunned and unsure what to say for a few seconds, and someone else changed the topic before either of us said anything else.
.... :shock:

I was once on a V bender. I wasted about $100 that day buying energy drinks for my friend and I. That friend who later became my girlfriend, who later became a psycho bitch. Ah, first relationships are such a learning curve.

ACU-LP

Postby ACU-LP » Sun Oct 12, 2008 12:36 pm UTC

$100 dollars?! I know they're not cheap, but it was $2.50 for a relatively small bottle. Now that would be 20 bottles each at that price. I know someone who drank 8 in the space of a school recess (20 minutes). They damaged their left ventricle and their pulse went above 200.
I Am Raven wrote:Math is like a penis: it can be very satisfactory, but also a pain in the ass.

Pirate.Bondage

Postby Pirate.Bondage » Sun Oct 12, 2008 12:39 pm UTC

I just showed my mom that notalwaysright.com website and she loves it =]

We just had an awful customer this morning, too.
Life is beautiful.
Spoiler:
Irrefutable wrote:you are so lovely

emceng wrote:Then the sausage says, "I have 1 kid, and raging genital herpes." Get the fuck away from me sausage!!!

sje46 wrote:Do... do you want to marry me?

ACU-LP

Postby ACU-LP » Sun Oct 12, 2008 12:45 pm UTC

Pirate.Bondage wrote:I just showed my mom that notalwaysright.com website and she loves it =]

I lol'd at that site. Awesome.

tryptanymph
More metal than thou

Postby tryptanymph » Sun Oct 12, 2008 12:49 pm UTC

I got fucking bitten.

By a girl at last night's gig.

She was drunk, and there with her boyfriend.

But she still bit me. And we traded clothes for a while. And she imitated my "posh" accent.

Fucking weird.

The gig was great too. I rocked that shit.
phlip wrote:sleepy, the only thing you're worse at is being not awesome.*
*All links to be treated as NFSW.

Pirate.Bondage

Postby Pirate.Bondage » Sun Oct 12, 2008 12:51 pm UTC

ACU-LP wrote:
Pirate.Bondage wrote:I just showed my mom that notalwaysright.com website and she loves it =]

I lol'd at that site. Awesome.

Someone I work with actually submitted something...it's on the current page. 5th one down, Wherever You Go, There You Are. I wonder you sent it in...probably Zack.
Life is beautiful.
Spoiler:
Irrefutable wrote:you are so lovely

emceng wrote:Then the sausage says, "I have 1 kid, and raging genital herpes." Get the fuck away from me sausage!!!

sje46 wrote:Do... do you want to marry me?

Hit3k

Postby Hit3k » Sun Oct 12, 2008 1:05 pm UTC

ACU-LP wrote:$100 dollars?! I know they're not cheap, but it was $2.50 for a relatively small bottle. Now that would be 20 bottles each at that price. I know someone who drank 8 in the space of a school recess (20 minutes). They damaged their left ventricle and their pulse went above 200.

I can't remember if we drank them all and we didn't drink them all one after the other, one every 1/2 hour or so was enough to make us run for a while. And not to mention this was when I was 14 and the place we went to had them for something like $4 each, which is still quiet a few bottles when you do the math. Maybe it wasn't $100 and my memory just wants me to feel like a big man.

ACU-LP

Postby ACU-LP » Sun Oct 12, 2008 1:34 pm UTC

Hit3k wrote:
ACU-LP wrote:$100 dollars?! I know they're not cheap, but it was $2.50 for a relatively small bottle. Now that would be 20 bottles each at that price. I know someone who drank 8 in the space of a school recess (20 minutes). They damaged their left ventricle and their pulse went above 200.

I can't remember if we drank them all and we didn't drink them all one after the other, one every 1/2 hour or so was enough to make us run for a while. And not to mention this was when I was 14 and the place we went to had them for something like $4 each, which is still quiet a few bottles when you do the math. Maybe it wasn't $100 and my memory just wants me to feel like a big man.

Still; I can imagine it was lots of fun nonetheless.

thecommabandit

Postby thecommabandit » Sun Oct 12, 2008 2:12 pm UTC

sleepygamer wrote:And she imitated my "posh" accent.

She was obviously not just drunk. You really don't sound posh =P

tryptanymph
More metal than thou

Postby tryptanymph » Sun Oct 12, 2008 2:36 pm UTC

thecommabandit wrote:
sleepygamer wrote:And she imitated my "posh" accent.
She was obviously not just drunk. You really don't sound posh =P
XD

Okay, well... considering that when I imitated her accent after I told her to say, "The quick red fox jumps over the lazy brown cow." or something, she said "Oh my god, you make me sound right rough!".

In other words, my accent was posher than hers, but not posh to anyone who is a) Sober, b) Sane, c) From Wales, it seems.

XD
phlip wrote:sleepy, the only thing you're worse at is being not awesome.*
*All links to be treated as NFSW.

jessebob

Postby jessebob » Sun Oct 12, 2008 2:39 pm UTC

ive read so many times that people who like modest mouse should like built to spill.

i can BARELY stand built to spill, but modest mouse is my favorite band.
Huh? Did you say something? I couldn't hear you all the way over here!

There is a monkey in your pyjamas! Be Careful!

Noc
Put on her robe and wizard hat ALL NIGHT LONG

Postby Noc » Sun Oct 12, 2008 4:12 pm UTC

RT: My feet are freezing.

Or, to paraphrase an internet meme: THE SLIPPERS. THEY DO NOTHING.
Have you given up?

TaintedDeity

Postby TaintedDeity » Sun Oct 12, 2008 4:19 pm UTC

Try Fire.

Also, Repo! The Genetic Opera looks fantastic.
Ⓞⓞ◯

Return to “General”