Hifaleetin' thoughts

Things that don't belong anywhere else. (Check first).

Moderators: Moderators General, Prelates, Magistrates

User avatar
You, sir, name?
Posts: 6983
Joined: Sun Apr 22, 2007 10:07 am UTC
Location: Chako Paul City
Contact:

Re: Fleeting/Random/Thoughts (Random like the plague)

Postby You, sir, name? » Tue Nov 10, 2009 6:53 pm UTC

Gears wrote:Does everybody else see as many broken images as I do?


Yes. From what I gather, it's from the decommissioning of the forums.xkcd.com domain.
I edit my posts a lot and sometimes the words wrong order words appear in sentences get messed up.

Teapot
Posts: 1804
Joined: Mon Mar 31, 2008 2:32 pm UTC
Location: Scotland. Edinburgh mostly.
Contact:

Re: Fleeting/Random/Thoughts (Random like the plague)

Postby Teapot » Tue Nov 10, 2009 6:53 pm UTC

I just got an email back from See Me confirming that the last email wasn't just an automated message. They've got a new person working for them in a few weeks time who will be taking over campaigns and she should be in touch with me in the next month or so to speak to me about my story and using it in advertising/campaigns for See Me. I am equal parts excited to be doing something for them and shitting myself (metaphorically) about speaking to somebody who is not going to keep thing confidential (and in fact thinks my story should be shared with the country) about my metal health.
Jessica wrote:Dammit, teapot is better than everyone else.
Moo wrote:
pseudoidiot wrote:Localized, non-contagious willy leprosy?
"I'm sorry, sir, it's LNWL. There's nothing we can do".

User avatar
Zohar
COMMANDER PORN
Posts: 8570
Joined: Fri Apr 27, 2007 8:45 pm UTC
Location: Denver

Re: Fleeting/Random/Thoughts (Random like the plague)

Postby Zohar » Tue Nov 10, 2009 7:03 pm UTC

Moo wrote:I just spoke on the phone to Zohar, it has made me happy!!


I'm happy I made you happy! Talking on the phone with you was a bit weird, after being so used to chatting so much with you through IM. :)

Edit: I just posted in Dear SB in a SAFESPACE thread, then I saw Hammer posted after me (in Dead SB, didn't see the thread yet). I suddenly felt a great fear I have done something wrong without noticing... Then I saw it was in a different thread.

Also, I just remembered I read ST (or some other mod) write something about how they're married and my first thought was "Huh? I didn't know that, I should look at their Wikipedia page later!"
Actually, Belial and Hammer have their own Wikipedia pages, as do some other mods...
Mighty Jalapeno: "See, Zohar agrees, and he's nice to people."
SecondTalon: "Still better looking than Jesus."

Not how I say my name

User avatar
Ivora
Posts: 1088
Joined: Thu Aug 27, 2009 3:18 am UTC
Location: Wandering the Crystal Blue.

Re: Fleeting/Random/Thoughts (Random like the plague)

Postby Ivora » Tue Nov 10, 2009 7:43 pm UTC

The below statement is true.

The above statement is false.

User avatar
Alpha Omicron
Posts: 2765
Joined: Thu May 10, 2007 1:07 pm UTC

Re: Fleeting/Random/Thoughts (Random like the plague)

Postby Alpha Omicron » Tue Nov 10, 2009 7:52 pm UTC

Neither of the above statements has a defined truth value.
Here is a link to a page which leverages aggregation of my tweetbook social blogomedia.

User avatar
You, sir, name?
Posts: 6983
Joined: Sun Apr 22, 2007 10:07 am UTC
Location: Chako Paul City
Contact:

Re: Fleeting/Random/Thoughts (Random like the plague)

Postby You, sir, name? » Tue Nov 10, 2009 7:52 pm UTC

Alpha Omicron wrote:Neither of the above statements has a defined truth value.


Try telling that to a (non-quantum) computer.
I edit my posts a lot and sometimes the words wrong order words appear in sentences get messed up.

User avatar
NecklaceOfShadow
Posts: 775
Joined: Sun May 03, 2009 7:40 pm UTC
Location: In the alchemical aether
Contact:

Re: Fleeting/Random/Thoughts (Random like the plague)

Postby NecklaceOfShadow » Tue Nov 10, 2009 8:06 pm UTC

blue_eyedspacemonkey wrote:
NecklaceOfShadow wrote:I really want to order the updated version of my Chemistry textbook and read it through, cover to cover. I'm just afraid that I'm not getting a good textbook. There are so many that it's almost impossible to figure this kind of thing out and all of the reviews say different things...
Could you see if a library near you has it, or a book shop so you can flick through it before you buy, maybe?

I want more textbooks, but I can't afford them, so I shall have to make do with monopolizing the uni library's copies :P


Well, neither my school nor my local library will have it. I've seen the textbook and it wasn't bad. It was certainly an improvement to the one that I have now. She has showed us other textbooks before and they seemed slightly easier to understand, but I haven't been able to find those anywhere on the internet. There are other ones that claim to teach the same things, but I haven't seen those and so it would be a fairly big risk for me to shell out a large amount of money to buy them without knowing how they're structured and all.

All in all, I don't know.
Significantly less weird than I used to be. Still pretty weird.

οὗτός ἐστιν Ἀγαμέμνων, ἐμὸς
πόσις, νεκρὸς δὲ τῆσδε δεξιᾶς χερός
ἔργον δικαίας τέκτονος. τάδ’ ὧδ’ ἔχει.

User avatar
Armadillo Al
Posts: 934
Joined: Thu Aug 14, 2008 4:17 pm UTC
Location: Illinois

Re: Fleeting/Random/Thoughts (Random like the plague)

Postby Armadillo Al » Tue Nov 10, 2009 8:54 pm UTC

Zohar wrote:Edit: I just posted in Dear SB in a SAFESPACE thread, then I saw Hammer posted after me (in Dead SB, didn't see the thread yet).

The thought of even the potential existance of a Dead SB forum terrifies me. :shock:
Compiling.. wrote:xkcd... where EVERYONE loves EVERYONE...

User avatar
kriel
Posts: 923
Joined: Thu Feb 07, 2008 2:58 pm UTC
Location: Somewhere I'm not.
Contact:

Re: Fleeting/Random/Thoughts (Random like the plague)

Postby kriel » Tue Nov 10, 2009 9:00 pm UTC

I just deleted the partition table on my flashdrive. d'oh.

User avatar
SecondTalon
SexyTalon
Posts: 26529
Joined: Sat May 05, 2007 2:10 pm UTC
Location: Louisville, Kentucky, USA, Mars. HA!
Contact:

Re: Fleeting/Random/Thoughts (Random like the plague)

Postby SecondTalon » Tue Nov 10, 2009 9:45 pm UTC

Armadillo Al wrote:
Zohar wrote:Edit: I just posted in Dear SB in a SAFESPACE thread, then I saw Hammer posted after me (in Dead SB, didn't see the thread yet).

The thought of even the potential existance of a Dead SB forum terrifies me. :shock:

Not really. It's where we'd send the Abortion and Religion debates.


...which is actually kinda funny in and of itself.




See, kids, I was thinking "Dead Serious Business" to mean something that has been hashed to death in SB and really doesn't need anything more added to it. It just so happened that the two topics I chose to illustrate my point involve what happens to a person after death and one that I'd rather not even comment on for fear of starting another debate in here. I only point this out so someone doesn't call me on it later. I fully realize the layers of meaning here and are spelling them out so they need no further comment. I'm explaining the joke so someone can't say "I don't get it"
heuristically_alone wrote:I want to write a DnD campaign and play it by myself and DM it myself.
heuristically_alone wrote:I have been informed that this is called writing a book.

User avatar
Briareos
Posts: 1940
Joined: Thu Jul 12, 2007 12:40 pm UTC
Location: Town of the Big House

Re: Fleeting/Random/Thoughts (Random like the plague)

Postby Briareos » Tue Nov 10, 2009 9:51 pm UTC

SecondTalon wrote:I'm explaining the joke so someone can't say "I don't get it"
Don't make me bring TvTropes in here . . .
Sandry wrote:Bless you, Briareos.

Blriaraisghaasghoasufdpt.
Oregonaut wrote:Briareos is my new bestest friend.

User avatar
Decker
Posts: 2071
Joined: Tue Jan 09, 2007 4:22 pm UTC
Location: Western N.Y.

Re: Fleeting/Random/Thoughts (Random like the plague)

Postby Decker » Tue Nov 10, 2009 10:18 pm UTC

So after my 8-5 office job at a large cooperation, I stop at the grocery store and buy just juice, eggs, and butter.

When the FUCK did my life turn Norman Rockwell on me?
I was angry with my friend. I told my wrath. My wrath did end.
I was angry with my foe. I told it not. My wrath did grow.

User avatar
Alpha Omicron
Posts: 2765
Joined: Thu May 10, 2007 1:07 pm UTC

Re: Fleeting/Random/Thoughts (Random like the plague)

Postby Alpha Omicron » Tue Nov 10, 2009 10:34 pm UTC

You, sir, name? wrote:
Gears wrote:Does everybody else see as many broken images as I do?
Yes. From what I gather, it's from the decommissioning of the forums.xkcd.com domain.
Avatars are currently broken, as is uploading new ones. The powers that be are on it.
Here is a link to a page which leverages aggregation of my tweetbook social blogomedia.

User avatar
Mighty Jalapeno
Inne Juste 7 Dayes I Wille Make You A Hero!
Posts: 11265
Joined: Mon May 07, 2007 9:16 pm UTC
Location: Prince George In A Can
Contact:

Re: Fleeting/Random/Thoughts (Random like the plague)

Postby Mighty Jalapeno » Tue Nov 10, 2009 10:35 pm UTC

Alpha Omicron wrote:
You, sir, name? wrote:
Gears wrote:Does everybody else see as many broken images as I do?
Yes. From what I gather, it's from the decommissioning of the forums.xkcd.com domain.
Avatars are currently broken, as is uploading new ones. The powers that be are on drugs.

Fix'd.

User avatar
SecondTalon
SexyTalon
Posts: 26529
Joined: Sat May 05, 2007 2:10 pm UTC
Location: Louisville, Kentucky, USA, Mars. HA!
Contact:

Re: Fleeting/Random/Thoughts (Random like the plague)

Postby SecondTalon » Tue Nov 10, 2009 10:38 pm UTC

Decker wrote:So after my 8-5 office job at a large cooperation, I stop at the grocery store and buy just juice, eggs, and butter.
When the FUCK did my life turn Norman Rockwell on me?
You say that like it's a bad thing.

You trade in unpredictability and semi-poverty for reliability and a steady income. Some may accuse you of selling out, and that you should go live the dream or whatever. I could be all realist and mention how living the dream is, for 99% of people doing it, a very hungry means of existing, but so long as whatever it is you do in your 9-5 or 8-5 or whatever is what you enjoy doing (or can at least tolerate doing) then.. what's the problem? Granted, you do have to be an adult and give yourself a bedtime, but this also means that your comings and goings are predictable. Scheduleable. Your friends all know you work 8-5 and know you get home at X hour or whatever, so any sort of after-work activities can be planned well in advance. No more do you spend a few hours scrambling to get some people together and THEN scramble to find something to do.. all of that can be worked out well in advance.

In short : Corporate Life and Punching a Clock for Da Man is only as boring and mundane as you let it be.

Also, being an adult means it's okay to call in sick with a hangover from time to time.
heuristically_alone wrote:I want to write a DnD campaign and play it by myself and DM it myself.
heuristically_alone wrote:I have been informed that this is called writing a book.

User avatar
HarleyQuinn
Posts: 618
Joined: Sun Aug 03, 2008 11:53 am UTC
Location: Nothingtown
Contact:

Re: Fleeting/Random/Thoughts (Random like the plague)

Postby HarleyQuinn » Tue Nov 10, 2009 11:08 pm UTC

Ramen: The food of college champions.
The future is scary.


*Edited for my inabilities to differentiate between words*
Last edited by HarleyQuinn on Tue Nov 10, 2009 11:52 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.
Magnanimous wrote:I used to be really into nostalgia a few years ago. Man, those were the days.

User avatar
Briareos
Posts: 1940
Joined: Thu Jul 12, 2007 12:40 pm UTC
Location: Town of the Big House

Re: Fleeting/Random/Thoughts (Random like the plague)

Postby Briareos » Tue Nov 10, 2009 11:14 pm UTC

HarleyQuinn wrote:collage champions
I didn't even know there were contests.
Sandry wrote:Bless you, Briareos.

Blriaraisghaasghoasufdpt.
Oregonaut wrote:Briareos is my new bestest friend.

User avatar
You, sir, name?
Posts: 6983
Joined: Sun Apr 22, 2007 10:07 am UTC
Location: Chako Paul City
Contact:

Re: Fleeting/Random/Thoughts (Random like the plague)

Postby You, sir, name? » Tue Nov 10, 2009 11:21 pm UTC

Briareos wrote:
HarleyQuinn wrote:collage champions
I didn't even know there were contests.


Maybe he meant "champignon"s?
I edit my posts a lot and sometimes the words wrong order words appear in sentences get messed up.

User avatar
Alpha Omicron
Posts: 2765
Joined: Thu May 10, 2007 1:07 pm UTC

Re: Fleeting/Random/Thoughts (Random like the plague)

Postby Alpha Omicron » Wed Nov 11, 2009 12:57 am UTC

Everyone go post in my interview thread. My ego must be fuelled!
Here is a link to a page which leverages aggregation of my tweetbook social blogomedia.

User avatar
Briareos
Posts: 1940
Joined: Thu Jul 12, 2007 12:40 pm UTC
Location: Town of the Big House

Re: Fleeting/Random/Thoughts (Random like the plague)

Postby Briareos » Wed Nov 11, 2009 1:03 am UTC

Alpha Omicron wrote:Everyone go post in my interview thread. My ego must be fuelled!
I guess . . . I guess I could go post again. If it would make you feel better.
Sandry wrote:Bless you, Briareos.

Blriaraisghaasghoasufdpt.
Oregonaut wrote:Briareos is my new bestest friend.

User avatar
Decker
Posts: 2071
Joined: Tue Jan 09, 2007 4:22 pm UTC
Location: Western N.Y.

Re: Fleeting/Random/Thoughts (Random like the plague)

Postby Decker » Wed Nov 11, 2009 2:01 am UTC

SecondTalon wrote:
Decker wrote:So after my 8-5 office job at a large cooperation, I stop at the grocery store and buy just juice, eggs, and butter.
When the FUCK did my life turn Norman Rockwell on me?
You say that like it's a bad thing.

You trade in unpredictability and semi-poverty for reliability and a steady income. Some may accuse you of selling out, and that you should go live the dream or whatever. I could be all realist and mention how living the dream is, for 99% of people doing it, a very hungry means of existing, but so long as whatever it is you do in your 9-5 or 8-5 or whatever is what you enjoy doing (or can at least tolerate doing) then.. what's the problem? Granted, you do have to be an adult and give yourself a bedtime, but this also means that your comings and goings are predictable. Scheduleable. Your friends all know you work 8-5 and know you get home at X hour or whatever, so any sort of after-work activities can be planned well in advance. No more do you spend a few hours scrambling to get some people together and THEN scramble to find something to do.. all of that can be worked out well in advance.

In short : Corporate Life and Punching a Clock for Da Man is only as boring and mundane as you let it be.

Also, being an adult means it's okay to call in sick with a hangover from time to time.

Thanks for the kind words. I really didn't intend it to sound bad. It just...snuck up on me.
I mean, half a year ago I was studying for exams and trying to find a source of cheap energy drinks while ignoring the frat party down the hall where the keystone lite was flowing like water.
Then I spent three months looking for a job. When I found the job I did get it was a mad scramble to get all my shit together so I could move in time to start my first day
All of a sudden I realize that I have a steady job, my own apartment, and I'm doing responsible stuff like spending less money on video games and junk food. It hit me when I realized my shopping list was so...white bread. (Dammit, I forgot to get bread.)
I was angry with my friend. I told my wrath. My wrath did end.
I was angry with my foe. I told it not. My wrath did grow.

User avatar
Upsilon
Posts: 1119
Joined: Tue Dec 04, 2007 1:53 am UTC
Location: Wisconsin
Contact:

Re: Fleeting/Random/Thoughts (Random like the plague)

Postby Upsilon » Wed Nov 11, 2009 3:43 am UTC

You, sir, name? wrote:Maybe he meant "champignon"s?

Maybe "he" is a she?
22/M/USA
age/sex/location
Spoiler:
Upsilon avatar from TaintedDeity.

The Cat

Re: Fleeting/Random/Thoughts (Random like the plague)

Postby The Cat » Wed Nov 11, 2009 7:06 am UTC

JJ from good times is funny, so is Harry Potter, but really? WTF

Hola Captain! Nothing exciting here.

Fuji, I recommend using a little elbow grease if you're having spindle problems. However, I'm not the right one to ask, I don't have any personal experience with that malfunction. Alrighty then!

Tap dancing on eggs.

User avatar
e^iπ+1=0
Much, much better than Gooder
Posts: 2065
Joined: Sun Feb 15, 2009 9:41 am UTC
Location: Lancaster

Re: Fleeting/Random/Thoughts (Random like the plague)

Postby e^iπ+1=0 » Wed Nov 11, 2009 7:15 am UTC

I found an inconsistency in The Big Bang Theory. In episode 5, Sheldon has to sleep on the couch. However, he is facing away form the door. Just two episodes later, Penny is going to sleep on the couch. However, when she starts making the bed so that she's facing away from the door, they have the following conversation:
Sheldon: Wrong.
Penny: I'm listening.
S: Your head goes on the other end.
P: Why?
S: It's culturally universal. A bed, even a temporary bed, is always oriented with the headboard away from the door. It serves the ancient imperative of protecting one's self against marauders.


So... um... yeah, that's inconsistent! I dunno what exactly I'm trying to say here, but it's the F/R/T thread, so here's a F/R/T.
poxic wrote:You, sir, have heroic hair.
poxic wrote:I note that the hair is not slowing down. It appears to have progressed from heroic to rocking.

(Avatar by Sungura)

guyy
Posts: 610
Joined: Tue May 06, 2008 3:02 am UTC

Re: Fleeting/Random/Thoughts (Random like the plague)

Postby guyy » Wed Nov 11, 2009 7:35 am UTC

SecondTalon wrote:In short : Corporate Life and Punching a Clock for Da Man is only as boring and mundane as you let it be.


...To a certain extent.

Also, vaguely related comics.

Never Fear, Captain Depressing Is Here!

User avatar
cyberia
Posts: 852
Joined: Tue Mar 25, 2008 2:53 pm UTC
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Contact:

Re: Fleeting/Random/Thoughts (Random like the plague)

Postby cyberia » Wed Nov 11, 2009 8:50 am UTC

I have found the most perfect alarm-song ever:

Morning Mood
The patron saint of self-injury. And the glitter sores will heal themselves.

"Somebody said, 'every moment of your life, of everybody's lives, is an unpremeditated work of art'. That's creativity, that's all I know about creativity."

Teapot
Posts: 1804
Joined: Mon Mar 31, 2008 2:32 pm UTC
Location: Scotland. Edinburgh mostly.
Contact:

Re: Fleeting/Random/Thoughts (Random like the plague)

Postby Teapot » Wed Nov 11, 2009 9:44 am UTC

I just had leftover pizza for breakfast. Tasty.
Jessica wrote:Dammit, teapot is better than everyone else.
Moo wrote:
pseudoidiot wrote:Localized, non-contagious willy leprosy?
"I'm sorry, sir, it's LNWL. There's nothing we can do".

User avatar
Giant Speck
Bouncy Sex Marshmallow
Posts: 3819
Joined: Tue Sep 08, 2009 12:30 pm UTC
Location: Tucson, Arizona

Re: Fleeting/Random/Thoughts (Random like the plague)

Postby Giant Speck » Wed Nov 11, 2009 10:14 am UTC

I have really comfortable socks on. Or, rather, I have socks on that are much more comfortable than the socks I wear with my uniform at work.
"Did I say recently that I love Giant Speck? Because I love Giant Speck. He is the best." - Weeks
BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE

User avatar
Zohar
COMMANDER PORN
Posts: 8570
Joined: Fri Apr 27, 2007 8:45 pm UTC
Location: Denver

Re: Fleeting/Random/Thoughts (Random like the plague)

Postby Zohar » Wed Nov 11, 2009 10:18 am UTC

Giant Speck wrote:I have really comfortable socks on. Or, rather, I have socks on that are much more comfortable than the socks I wear with my uniform at work.

It would be particularly ironic if you were a socks maker. Socksmith? Socksmaster? Socketeer?
Mighty Jalapeno: "See, Zohar agrees, and he's nice to people."
SecondTalon: "Still better looking than Jesus."

Not how I say my name

User avatar
Giant Speck
Bouncy Sex Marshmallow
Posts: 3819
Joined: Tue Sep 08, 2009 12:30 pm UTC
Location: Tucson, Arizona

Re: Fleeting/Random/Thoughts (Random like the plague)

Postby Giant Speck » Wed Nov 11, 2009 11:06 am UTC

Zohar wrote:
Giant Speck wrote:I have really comfortable socks on. Or, rather, I have socks on that are much more comfortable than the socks I wear with my uniform at work.

It would be particularly ironic if you were a socks maker. Socksmith? Socksmaster? Socketeer?

I think it'd only be ironic if the company I worked for advertised their socks as really comfortable.
"Did I say recently that I love Giant Speck? Because I love Giant Speck. He is the best." - Weeks
BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE

User avatar
Baldur
Posts: 1019
Joined: Wed Jan 21, 2009 11:38 pm UTC
Location: Scotland
Contact:

Re: Fleeting/Random/Thoughts (Random like the plague)

Postby Baldur » Wed Nov 11, 2009 11:20 am UTC

If I gargle mouthwash, will it help heal this chesty cough? I think this is the most ill I've been in a very long time.
Gojoe wrote:YOU ARE NOT LOLSAUR AT ALL ARE YOU!

phlip wrote:Hey, you never know, it could have been Baldur...

User avatar
Meowgan
<3 Everyone [...] Especially Gordon
Posts: 2300
Joined: Sat Apr 19, 2008 1:30 pm UTC
Location: Australia
Contact:

Re: Fleeting/Random/Thoughts (Random like the plague)

Postby Meowgan » Wed Nov 11, 2009 11:42 am UTC

Probably not. But you can try it anyway.

Drinking lots of fluids will help you to break up the mucus.
<L> dude. she made a motherfucking stargate.
<L> you need to keep this girl. do whatever it takes.

User avatar
Zohar
COMMANDER PORN
Posts: 8570
Joined: Fri Apr 27, 2007 8:45 pm UTC
Location: Denver

Re: Fleeting/Random/Thoughts (Random like the plague)

Postby Zohar » Wed Nov 11, 2009 11:57 am UTC

Giant Speck wrote:I think it'd only be ironic if the company I worked for advertised their socks as really comfortable.

I doubt they'd advertise their socks as uncomfortable. Do you?

Where is that list of things people say in arguments to get you to either agree or seem anti-whatever? I remember seeing "only allow two possible options" (comfy or not comfy advertisements) written there.

Meowgan wrote:Drinking lots of fluids will help you to break up the mucus.

And avoid dairy products.
Mighty Jalapeno: "See, Zohar agrees, and he's nice to people."
SecondTalon: "Still better looking than Jesus."

Not how I say my name

User avatar
Giant Speck
Bouncy Sex Marshmallow
Posts: 3819
Joined: Tue Sep 08, 2009 12:30 pm UTC
Location: Tucson, Arizona

Re: Fleeting/Random/Thoughts (Random like the plague)

Postby Giant Speck » Wed Nov 11, 2009 12:00 pm UTC

Zohar wrote:
Giant Speck wrote:I think it'd only be ironic if the company I worked for advertised their socks as really comfortable.

I doubt they'd advertise their socks as uncomfortable. Do you?

Where is that list of things people say in arguments to get you to either agree or seem anti-whatever? I remember seeing "only allow two possible options" (comfy or not comfy advertisements) written there.

They could very well not actually advertise their socks at all; for example, the last time I checked, Wal-Mart doesn't advertise their "store-brand" socks.
"Did I say recently that I love Giant Speck? Because I love Giant Speck. He is the best." - Weeks
BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE

User avatar
Zohar
COMMANDER PORN
Posts: 8570
Joined: Fri Apr 27, 2007 8:45 pm UTC
Location: Denver

Re: Fleeting/Random/Thoughts (Random like the plague)

Postby Zohar » Wed Nov 11, 2009 12:02 pm UTC

That's why it's a bad argument. The only option I give you is to either agree or seem ridiculous. It's obvious here why I could be wrong, but it can be much more subtle in other cases.
Mighty Jalapeno: "See, Zohar agrees, and he's nice to people."
SecondTalon: "Still better looking than Jesus."

Not how I say my name

User avatar
Giant Speck
Bouncy Sex Marshmallow
Posts: 3819
Joined: Tue Sep 08, 2009 12:30 pm UTC
Location: Tucson, Arizona

Re: Fleeting/Random/Thoughts (Random like the plague)

Postby Giant Speck » Wed Nov 11, 2009 12:52 pm UTC

Zohar wrote:That's why it's a bad argument. The only option I give you is to either agree or seem ridiculous. It's obvious here why I could be wrong, but it can be much more subtle in other cases.

I'm going to stick with being ridiculous, because an argument about socks is equally ridiculous.
"Did I say recently that I love Giant Speck? Because I love Giant Speck. He is the best." - Weeks
BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE

User avatar
You, sir, name?
Posts: 6983
Joined: Sun Apr 22, 2007 10:07 am UTC
Location: Chako Paul City
Contact:

Re: Fleeting/Random/Thoughts (Random like the plague)

Postby You, sir, name? » Wed Nov 11, 2009 1:08 pm UTC

Upsilon wrote:
You, sir, name? wrote:Maybe he meant "champignon"s?

Maybe "he" is a she?


We all know there are no girls on the internets. Just guys and guys pretending to be girls, which sort of does make them girls, but not in the literal sense, just in the 'Freud would raise an eyebrow and go "I see..."' sort of a way.


As I was going to bed last night, I thought, Hmm, if you find sticks and springs so that the spring constant matches the mass per cross section area of the sticks, you could hang a bunch of sticks of varying lengths from these springs and they would all appear to have the same length. Neat.

But now that I'm not watching X-files reruns, and it isn't the middle of the night, it turns out it isn't possible at all.
I edit my posts a lot and sometimes the words wrong order words appear in sentences get messed up.

User avatar
phlip
Restorer of Worlds
Posts: 7573
Joined: Sat Sep 23, 2006 3:56 am UTC
Location: Australia
Contact:

Re: Fleeting/Random/Thoughts (Random like the plague)

Postby phlip » Wed Nov 11, 2009 2:32 pm UTC

Took me a while to figure out what the problem would be, but it's that it's the wrong way around, right? Shorter sticks would hang higher, not lower...

But maybe if it was the other way up... build a bunch of towers of some sort on platforms supported by springs... and if the mass/area of the towers equals the strength of the springs, then they could all be the same height... assuming ideal springs, of course...

Code: Select all

enum ಠ_ಠ {°□°╰=1, °Д°╰, ಠ益ಠ╰};
void ┻━┻︵​╰(ಠ_ಠ ⚠) {exit((int)⚠);}
[he/him/his]

User avatar
bigglesworth
I feel like Biggles should have a title
Posts: 7461
Joined: Sat Apr 07, 2007 9:29 pm UTC
Location: Airstrip One

Re: Fleeting/Random/Thoughts (Random like the plague)

Postby bigglesworth » Wed Nov 11, 2009 2:33 pm UTC

Or you could vary the weight of the sticks.
Generation Y. I don't remember the First Gulf War, but do remember floppy disks.

Teapot
Posts: 1804
Joined: Mon Mar 31, 2008 2:32 pm UTC
Location: Scotland. Edinburgh mostly.
Contact:

Re: Fleeting/Random/Thoughts (Random like the plague)

Postby Teapot » Wed Nov 11, 2009 4:15 pm UTC

I'm going to a book signing next week and the website says "please arrive early to avoid disappointment". How early is early? I need time to buy the book too...
Jessica wrote:Dammit, teapot is better than everyone else.
Moo wrote:
pseudoidiot wrote:Localized, non-contagious willy leprosy?
"I'm sorry, sir, it's LNWL. There's nothing we can do".


Return to “General”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 19 guests