Hifaleetin' thoughts

Things that don't belong anywhere else. (Check first).

Moderators: Moderators General, Prelates, Magistrates

User avatar
Josephine
Posts: 2142
Joined: Wed Apr 08, 2009 5:53 am UTC

Re: Fleeting/Random/Thoughts (Random like the plague)

Postby Josephine » Mon Apr 26, 2010 4:44 am UTC

I feel the sudden need to make a few posts. I figured gargantuan threads in general would do nicely.
Belial wrote:Listen, what I'm saying is that he committed a felony with a zoo animal.

User avatar
Xeio
Friends, Faidites, Countrymen
Posts: 5101
Joined: Wed Jul 25, 2007 11:12 am UTC
Location: C:\Users\Xeio\
Contact:

Re: Fleeting/Random/Thoughts (Random like the plague)

Postby Xeio » Mon Apr 26, 2010 5:02 am UTC

nbonaparte wrote:I feel the sudden need to make a few posts. I figured gargantuan threads in general would do nicely.
I wonder why...
:roll:

User avatar
Josephine
Posts: 2142
Joined: Wed Apr 08, 2009 5:53 am UTC

Re: Fleeting/Random/Thoughts (Random like the plague)

Postby Josephine » Mon Apr 26, 2010 5:03 am UTC

One more, and the next one has to be good, so I'll stay in FaiD and FG until the moment is right.
Belial wrote:Listen, what I'm saying is that he committed a felony with a zoo animal.

User avatar
Xeio
Friends, Faidites, Countrymen
Posts: 5101
Joined: Wed Jul 25, 2007 11:12 am UTC
Location: C:\Users\Xeio\
Contact:

Re: Fleeting/Random/Thoughts (Random like the plague)

Postby Xeio » Mon Apr 26, 2010 6:05 am UTC

Hey, I was one of those noobs who posted in the Individual XKCD Comics forum for my first post.

I feel dirty, in retrospect. :P

User avatar
e^iπ+1=0
Much, much better than Gooder
Posts: 2065
Joined: Sun Feb 15, 2009 9:41 am UTC
Location: Lancaster

Re: Fleeting/Random/Thoughts (Random like the plague)

Postby e^iπ+1=0 » Mon Apr 26, 2010 8:04 am UTC

Xeio wrote:Hey, I was one of those noobs who posted in the Individual XKCD Comics forum for my first post.

I feel dirty, in retrospect. :P

Same here.
poxic wrote:You, sir, have heroic hair.
poxic wrote:I note that the hair is not slowing down. It appears to have progressed from heroic to rocking.

(Avatar by Sungura)

User avatar
lu6cifer
Posts: 230
Joined: Fri Mar 20, 2009 4:03 am UTC
Location: That state with the all-important stone

Re: Fleeting/Random/Thoughts (Random like the plague)

Postby lu6cifer » Mon Apr 26, 2010 8:48 am UTC

I had a weird way of perceiving/remembering my left and right.

Years ago, when I was still trying to differentiate between my left and my right, I remember assigning left as the position of a coat rack in my room, and assigning right as the position of a painting. And actually, I realize that that's not so strange, because you can't exactly define left and right, so how else was I supposed to remember?
lu6cifer wrote:"Derive" in place of "differentiate" is even worse.

doogly wrote:I'm partial to "throw some d's on that bitch."

User avatar
Briareos
Posts: 1940
Joined: Thu Jul 12, 2007 12:40 pm UTC
Location: Town of the Big House

Re: Fleeting/Random/Thoughts (Random like the plague)

Postby Briareos » Mon Apr 26, 2010 1:27 pm UTC

Xeio wrote:Hey, I was one of those noobs who posted in the Individual XKCD Comics forum for my first post.

I feel dirty, in retrospect. :P
I posted in the intro thread, because it was a requirement at the time, and I apparently love following rules.
Sandry wrote:Bless you, Briareos.

Blriaraisghaasghoasufdpt.
Oregonaut wrote:Briareos is my new bestest friend.

User avatar
Jessica
Jessica, you're a ...
Posts: 8337
Joined: Tue Oct 23, 2007 8:57 pm UTC
Location: Soviet Canuckistan

Re: Fleeting/Random/Thoughts (Random like the plague)

Postby Jessica » Mon Apr 26, 2010 2:08 pm UTC

I just read an interesting blog entry about the tea baggers and white privilege.
http://ephphatha-poetry.blogspot.com/20 ... -wise.html
another way to look at it.
doogly wrote:On a scale of Mr Rogers to Fascism, how mean do you think we're being?
Belial wrote:My goal is to be the best brain infection any of you have ever had.

User avatar
Wolf
Posts: 581
Joined: Fri Jul 13, 2007 10:07 pm UTC
Location: Orange County (sadly), California, US

Re: Fleeting/Random/Thoughts (Random like the plague)

Postby Wolf » Mon Apr 26, 2010 2:21 pm UTC

Jessica wrote:I just read an interesting blog entry about the tea baggers and white privilege.
http://ephphatha-poetry.blogspot.com/20 ... -wise.html
another way to look at it.

That was an excellent article. Thanks for the link!

(I would write more, but I have a research proposal I have to go over with my mentor in a little over an hour and it's not even done yet.)
There's a method to my madness. Somewhere. Don't worry, I'll find it!

I'm learning game design! Watch my progress here: http://www.humming-rain.com

My friend wrote:You played fast and loose with punctuation and suffered the consequences.

User avatar
SecondTalon
SexyTalon
Posts: 26528
Joined: Sat May 05, 2007 2:10 pm UTC
Location: Louisville, Kentucky, USA, Mars. HA!
Contact:

Re: Fleeting/Random/Thoughts (Random like the plague)

Postby SecondTalon » Mon Apr 26, 2010 2:27 pm UTC

Xeio wrote:Hey, I was one of those noobs who posted in the Individual XKCD Comics forum for my first post.

I feel dirty, in retrospect. :P

Lots of people did. Lots of people got better.
heuristically_alone wrote:I want to write a DnD campaign and play it by myself and DM it myself.
heuristically_alone wrote:I have been informed that this is called writing a book.

User avatar
tastelikecoke
Posts: 1208
Joined: Mon Feb 01, 2010 7:58 am UTC
Location: Antipode of Brazil
Contact:

Re: Fleeting/Random/Thoughts (Random like the plague)

Postby tastelikecoke » Mon Apr 26, 2010 2:31 pm UTC

^ no comic xkcd thread is complete without those "F1R$T P0$T!!!1" noobs.

lu6cifer wrote:I had a weird way of perceiving/remembering my left and right.

Years ago, when I was still trying to differentiate between my left and my right, I remember assigning left as the position of a coat rack in my room, and assigning right as the position of a painting. And actually, I realize that that's not so strange, because you can't exactly define left and right, so how else was I supposed to remember?

I have no sense of left or right.

Speak to me loudly GO LEFT I would probably go right.
Putting it on the person's perspective IS even Worse.
Someone say in front of me "there's a Dirt in your Left Eye" I would headache.

User avatar
emceng
Posts: 3167
Joined: Mon May 19, 2008 9:38 pm UTC
Location: State of Hockey
Contact:

Re: Fleeting/Random/Thoughts (Random like the plague)

Postby emceng » Mon Apr 26, 2010 2:35 pm UTC

I keep thinking of Alexander Pope's most famous quote: "Hope springs eternal in the human breast. Man never Is, but always To be blest."

On one side, it is optimistic, saying man will always have hope. The interpretation I see is darker, looking at the second sentence. It seems to imply that our blessings will always be in the future, never in the present.
When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up. - CS Lewis

User avatar
Xeio
Friends, Faidites, Countrymen
Posts: 5101
Joined: Wed Jul 25, 2007 11:12 am UTC
Location: C:\Users\Xeio\
Contact:

Re: Fleeting/Random/Thoughts (Random like the plague)

Postby Xeio » Mon Apr 26, 2010 2:42 pm UTC

Briareos wrote:
Xeio wrote:Hey, I was one of those noobs who posted in the Individual XKCD Comics forum for my first post.

I feel dirty, in retrospect. :P
I posted in the intro thread, because it was a requirement at the time, and I apparently love following rules.
Oh, it was a rule at the time, but I was a rebel. :twisted:

User avatar
SlyReaper
inflatable
Posts: 8015
Joined: Mon Dec 31, 2007 11:09 pm UTC
Location: Bristol, Old Blighty

Re: Fleeting/Random/Thoughts (Random like the plague)

Postby SlyReaper » Mon Apr 26, 2010 3:12 pm UTC

Is there a loudest possible sound?

Assuming 1 Earth atmosphere, is there a theoretical maximum number of decibels a noise can be?
Image
What would Baron Harkonnen do?

User avatar
smw543
Posts: 1248
Joined: Thu Oct 23, 2008 4:45 am UTC
Location: Orlando, Florida

Re: Fleeting/Random/Thoughts (Random like the plague)

Postby smw543 » Mon Apr 26, 2010 3:26 pm UTC

SlyReaper wrote:Is there a loudest possible sound?

Assuming 1 Earth atmosphere, is there a theoretical maximum number of decibels a noise can be?

Yes. (S/he explains it much nicer than I can.)
Spoiler:
LE4dGOLEM wrote:Now you know the difference between funny and sad.
Ubik wrote:But I'm too fond of the penis to let it go.
gmalivuk wrote:If you didn't want people to 'mis'understand you, then you probably should have tried saying something less stupid.

User avatar
You, sir, name?
Posts: 6983
Joined: Sun Apr 22, 2007 10:07 am UTC
Location: Chako Paul City
Contact:

Re: Fleeting/Random/Thoughts (Random like the plague)

Postby You, sir, name? » Mon Apr 26, 2010 3:35 pm UTC

Xeio wrote:
Briareos wrote:
Xeio wrote:Hey, I was one of those noobs who posted in the Individual XKCD Comics forum for my first post.

I feel dirty, in retrospect. :P
I posted in the intro thread, because it was a requirement at the time, and I apparently love following rules.
Oh, it was a rule at the time, but I was a rebel. :twisted:


I bet you felt as cool as this video.
I edit my posts a lot and sometimes the words wrong order words appear in sentences get messed up.

elminster
Posts: 1560
Joined: Mon Feb 26, 2007 1:56 pm UTC
Location: London, UK, Dimensions 1 to 42.
Contact:

Re: Fleeting/Random/Thoughts (Random like the plague)

Postby elminster » Mon Apr 26, 2010 3:57 pm UTC

Sir_Elderberry wrote:
elminster wrote:RT: I wonder how much water would you have to drink to get the same amount of hydration as taking a average length bath..
I seem to remember that humans can't take in water via the skin. Your skin's outer layer gets all saturated and prune-y, but your body doesn't get to use any of this. (Hence, Tantalus.)
Are you sure about that?
People get poisoned from certain things contacting skin long enough and nicotine patches wouldn't work too well if they couldn't absorb through skin.
I don't know if it would apply to water, but I'd strongly suspect it does a least a little.
Image

User avatar
You, sir, name?
Posts: 6983
Joined: Sun Apr 22, 2007 10:07 am UTC
Location: Chako Paul City
Contact:

Re: Fleeting/Random/Thoughts (Random like the plague)

Postby You, sir, name? » Mon Apr 26, 2010 4:05 pm UTC

elminster wrote:
Sir_Elderberry wrote:
elminster wrote:RT: I wonder how much water would you have to drink to get the same amount of hydration as taking a average length bath..
I seem to remember that humans can't take in water via the skin. Your skin's outer layer gets all saturated and prune-y, but your body doesn't get to use any of this. (Hence, Tantalus.)
Are you sure about that?
People get poisoned from certain things contacting skin long enough and nicotine patches wouldn't work too well if they couldn't absorb through skin.
I don't know if it would apply to water, but I'd strongly suspect it does a least a little.


Not to mention DMSO.

But I think that it's quite likely that we have some sort of water barrier. Probably evolved to help keep our precious water from leaving our body, but those things tend to work both ways.
I edit my posts a lot and sometimes the words wrong order words appear in sentences get messed up.

User avatar
Dasboard
Posts: 961
Joined: Sun Feb 07, 2010 6:09 pm UTC
Location: I wish I was dreaming of soap.... wait where was this space for again?

Re: Fleeting/Random/Thoughts (Random like the plague)

Postby Dasboard » Mon Apr 26, 2010 4:51 pm UTC

You, sir, name? wrote:
Xeio wrote:
Briareos wrote:
Xeio wrote:Hey, I was one of those noobs who posted in the Individual XKCD Comics forum for my first post.

I feel dirty, in retrospect. :P
I posted in the intro thread, because it was a requirement at the time, and I apparently love following rules.
Oh, it was a rule at the time, but I was a rebel. :twisted:


I bet you felt as cool as this video.


I never knew they were that badass. Damn.
Are you ready? Well I made my bet
Are you ready? I made some.. preparations.
Are you ready? But I'm older now!
But are you ready? Yeah...

User avatar
Magnanimous
Madmanananimous
Posts: 3491
Joined: Wed Feb 17, 2010 7:11 pm UTC
Location: Land of Hipsters and Rain (LOHAR)

Re: Fleeting/Random/Thoughts (Random like the plague)

Postby Magnanimous » Mon Apr 26, 2010 5:11 pm UTC

I still haven't posted in the introductions thread. Should probably get around to doing that.

User avatar
You, sir, name?
Posts: 6983
Joined: Sun Apr 22, 2007 10:07 am UTC
Location: Chako Paul City
Contact:

Re: Fleeting/Random/Thoughts (Random like the plague)

Postby You, sir, name? » Mon Apr 26, 2010 5:29 pm UTC

I have finally managed to cook food that is too spicy for my own comfort. I got distracted making a kinda spicy tomato sauce, and so it reduced to a brown, tar-like goop that tested even my ironclad insides.
I edit my posts a lot and sometimes the words wrong order words appear in sentences get messed up.

User avatar
silent man
Posts: 257
Joined: Wed Oct 10, 2007 7:25 pm UTC
Location: Planet Y
Contact:

Re: Fleeting/Random/Thoughts (Random like the plague)

Postby silent man » Mon Apr 26, 2010 5:57 pm UTC

Dasboard wrote:Googling Totalnacht left me puzzled.

Is it a german synth pop band, a poker tournament or somethign entirely else?
Sorry, I should have realized that pretty much all google hits for that will be german.

It's a charity concert by the german a capella* group Wise Guys that has become a tradition. The name Totalnacht stems from the fact that for many years they would perform every song they ever wrote. While they can't actually sing all of their ~200 songs any more, a Totalnacht consists of six sets of one hour each, during which they sing a total of about 70 songs. Also, since the Totalnacht used to begin on the evening before the first day of the carnival season and ends at 1am on the first day of carnival season, both the Wise Guys and most of the audience are in costumes for the last set.

The problem with tickets is that
a) the Totalnacht only happens every other year and
b) they still use the same hall which only has room for about 1100 people.
When the first half of the tickets for this year were sold by phone, the ticket agency got 60,000 calls in two hours.

I recommend the Wise Guys to any xkcd fan who understands german, as their humour is quite similar, if somewhat less nerd-oriented, to xkcd's. Their work includes songs like "Schiller" (a song about the german poet, set to the music and choreography of Michael Jackson's "Thriller"), a hip-hop/rap song about Hamlet and an a capella techno song. They also once did a live cover of "Hit me baby, one more time" with a word-for-word translation of the lyrics and the full choreography.Then there is "The man who did everything twice" (sung twice at concerts, end with the protagonist winning at russian roulette... once) and even a capella food porn.(in English)

*Although they recently declared that their music shall henceforth be known as "Vokalpop" (vocal pop), in a parody of other artists who have also renamed their genre.
Last edited by silent man on Mon Apr 26, 2010 6:58 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Dasboard
Posts: 961
Joined: Sun Feb 07, 2010 6:09 pm UTC
Location: I wish I was dreaming of soap.... wait where was this space for again?

Re: Fleeting/Random/Thoughts (Random like the plague)

Postby Dasboard » Mon Apr 26, 2010 6:04 pm UTC

That is very awesome. I'm not a big fan of acapella but those guys rock at it.

You are a lucky man!
Are you ready? Well I made my bet
Are you ready? I made some.. preparations.
Are you ready? But I'm older now!
But are you ready? Yeah...

User avatar
Whelan
Posts: 2214
Joined: Sun Jan 18, 2009 1:16 pm UTC
Location: Londonshire.

Re: Fleeting/Random/Thoughts (Random like the plague)

Postby Whelan » Mon Apr 26, 2010 6:10 pm UTC

Oh, my, gods. That's stupid levels of awesome.
"I like to be understood whenever I open my mouth; I have a horror of blinding people with science"- Richard Dawkins
Weeks wrote:
TaintedDeity wrote:And all I get is this tame space dragon. Where's my recognition?!
A tame dragon is its own reward.

User avatar
Sungura
When life gives you banananas, make bananana bread
Posts: 3928
Joined: Sat Jan 12, 2008 2:32 am UTC
Location: AL

Re: Fleeting/Random/Thoughts (Random like the plague)

Postby Sungura » Mon Apr 26, 2010 6:16 pm UTC

You, sir, name? wrote:
elminster wrote:
Sir_Elderberry wrote:
elminster wrote:RT: I wonder how much water would you have to drink to get the same amount of hydration as taking a average length bath..
I seem to remember that humans can't take in water via the skin. Your skin's outer layer gets all saturated and prune-y, but your body doesn't get to use any of this. (Hence, Tantalus.)
Are you sure about that?
People get poisoned from certain things contacting skin long enough and nicotine patches wouldn't work too well if they couldn't absorb through skin.
I don't know if it would apply to water, but I'd strongly suspect it does a least a little.


Not to mention DMSO.

But I think that it's quite likely that we have some sort of water barrier. Probably evolved to help keep our precious water from leaving our body, but those things tend to work both ways.
*dies a little inside*
The reason you get prune-y in bath water isn't because water can't pass through the skin, in fact, the opposite. It does. In the simplest terms, the water in your body is more pure than the tap water, so your body loses water when you take a bath. You are actually dehydrating your body, hence wrinklyness. Osmosis, baby.
"Would you rather fight a Sungura-sized spider or 1000 spider-sized Sunguras?" -Zarq
she/<any gender neutral>/snug

User avatar
Whelan
Posts: 2214
Joined: Sun Jan 18, 2009 1:16 pm UTC
Location: Londonshire.

Re: Fleeting/Random/Thoughts (Random like the plague)

Postby Whelan » Mon Apr 26, 2010 6:40 pm UTC

Sungura wrote:
You, sir, name? wrote:
elminster wrote:
Sir_Elderberry wrote:
elminster wrote:RT: I wonder how much water would you have to drink to get the same amount of hydration as taking a average length bath..
I seem to remember that humans can't take in water via the skin. Your skin's outer layer gets all saturated and prune-y, but your body doesn't get to use any of this. (Hence, Tantalus.)
Are you sure about that?
People get poisoned from certain things contacting skin long enough and nicotine patches wouldn't work too well if they couldn't absorb through skin.
I don't know if it would apply to water, but I'd strongly suspect it does a least a little.


Not to mention DMSO.

But I think that it's quite likely that we have some sort of water barrier. Probably evolved to help keep our precious water from leaving our body, but those things tend to work both ways.
*dies a little inside*
The reason you get prune-y in bath water isn't because water can't pass through the skin, in fact, the opposite. It does. In the simplest terms, the water in your body is more pure than the tap water, so your body loses water when you take a bath. You are actually dehydrating your body, hence wrinklyness. Osmosis, baby.

Epiphany! We're just multicellular-ly crenated!That's beautiful.
"I like to be understood whenever I open my mouth; I have a horror of blinding people with science"- Richard Dawkins
Weeks wrote:
TaintedDeity wrote:And all I get is this tame space dragon. Where's my recognition?!
A tame dragon is its own reward.

User avatar
Ivora
Posts: 1088
Joined: Thu Aug 27, 2009 3:18 am UTC
Location: Wandering the Crystal Blue.

Re: Fleeting/Random/Thoughts (Random like the plague)

Postby Ivora » Mon Apr 26, 2010 6:52 pm UTC

I can't wait to visit them all... oh honolulu.. how I missed you. :oops:

I hope Jaz is still small. :wink:

User avatar
smw543
Posts: 1248
Joined: Thu Oct 23, 2008 4:45 am UTC
Location: Orlando, Florida

Re: Fleeting/Random/Thoughts (Random like the plague)

Postby smw543 » Mon Apr 26, 2010 6:54 pm UTC

Sungura wrote:
Spoiler:
You, sir, name? wrote:
elminster wrote:
Sir_Elderberry wrote:
elminster wrote:RT: I wonder how much water would you have to drink to get the same amount of hydration as taking a average length bath..
I seem to remember that humans can't take in water via the skin. Your skin's outer layer gets all saturated and prune-y, but your body doesn't get to use any of this. (Hence, Tantalus.)
Are you sure about that?
People get poisoned from certain things contacting skin long enough and nicotine patches wouldn't work too well if they couldn't absorb through skin.
I don't know if it would apply to water, but I'd strongly suspect it does a least a little.


Not to mention DMSO.

But I think that it's quite likely that we have some sort of water barrier. Probably evolved to help keep our precious water from leaving our body, but those things tend to work both ways.
*dies a little inside*
The reason you get prune-y in bath water isn't because water can't pass through the skin, in fact, the opposite. It does. In the simplest terms, the water in your body is more pure than the tap water, so your body loses water when you take a bath. You are actually dehydrating your body, hence wrinklyness. Osmosis, baby.

I think that's half right (or rather, it's a bit simplified). The keratin in your skin actually does absorb the surrounding water, which makes it swell up, while the non-keratin parts don't, causing wrinkling. You lose more water than you gain because you've washed away the oils that normally keep the keratin from drying out.

Or something.
Spoiler:
LE4dGOLEM wrote:Now you know the difference between funny and sad.
Ubik wrote:But I'm too fond of the penis to let it go.
gmalivuk wrote:If you didn't want people to 'mis'understand you, then you probably should have tried saying something less stupid.

User avatar
Dave_Wise
Posts: 698
Joined: Fri Mar 12, 2010 7:59 pm UTC
Location: Wales. Explaining much.
Contact:

Re: Fleeting/Random/Thoughts (Random like the plague)

Postby Dave_Wise » Mon Apr 26, 2010 6:59 pm UTC

I've just noticed Whelan's sig:
Cords are not just bendy cylinders. They are flexible, animate beings possessed by spirits whose intentions are beyond our ken. They are Cthulu's tentacles intruding on our reality.

I would like to submit that drive belts are also animate being possessed by spirits beyond our comprehension- not only that, they are also possessed of extreme malevolence.
The future is always bright. Bombs generate quite substantial amounts of illumination
-a friend.

User avatar
Sungura
When life gives you banananas, make bananana bread
Posts: 3928
Joined: Sat Jan 12, 2008 2:32 am UTC
Location: AL

Re: Fleeting/Random/Thoughts (Random like the plague)

Postby Sungura » Mon Apr 26, 2010 7:26 pm UTC

smw543 wrote:
Sungura wrote:
Spoiler:
You, sir, name? wrote:
elminster wrote:
Sir_Elderberry wrote:
elminster wrote:RT: I wonder how much water would you have to drink to get the same amount of hydration as taking a average length bath..
I seem to remember that humans can't take in water via the skin. Your skin's outer layer gets all saturated and prune-y, but your body doesn't get to use any of this. (Hence, Tantalus.)
Are you sure about that?
People get poisoned from certain things contacting skin long enough and nicotine patches wouldn't work too well if they couldn't absorb through skin.
I don't know if it would apply to water, but I'd strongly suspect it does a least a little.


Not to mention DMSO.

But I think that it's quite likely that we have some sort of water barrier. Probably evolved to help keep our precious water from leaving our body, but those things tend to work both ways.
*dies a little inside*
The reason you get prune-y in bath water isn't because water can't pass through the skin, in fact, the opposite. It does. In the simplest terms, the water in your body is more pure than the tap water, so your body loses water when you take a bath. You are actually dehydrating your body, hence wrinklyness. Osmosis, baby.

I think that's half right (or rather, it's a bit simplified). The keratin in your skin actually does absorb the surrounding water, which makes it swell up, while the non-keratin parts don't, causing wrinkling. You lose more water than you gain because you've washed away the oils that normally keep the keratin from drying out.

Or something.
Yeah. Or something. I could go all scientific but it's not teh science forum so I stuck it in simple terms. Really, almost any science you try to make simpler, you are going to leave out some facts making it actually almost wrong, but it's the concept I was going for and it's the concept of why people simplify things. Get the concept first, if you are curious enough go sort out the rest of the detailed facts.

But yeah, your explanation is the more scientifically totally accurate one (it is keratin and jazz). The waterproof oil on your skin is sebum which washes away after enough time in the tub (especially with soap it leaves faster!).

Umm yeah I can't think of anything else left out now.

WOO science.
Last edited by Sungura on Mon Apr 26, 2010 7:32 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.
"Would you rather fight a Sungura-sized spider or 1000 spider-sized Sunguras?" -Zarq
she/<any gender neutral>/snug

User avatar
SecondTalon
SexyTalon
Posts: 26528
Joined: Sat May 05, 2007 2:10 pm UTC
Location: Louisville, Kentucky, USA, Mars. HA!
Contact:

Re: Fleeting/Random/Thoughts (Random like the plague)

Postby SecondTalon » Mon Apr 26, 2010 7:30 pm UTC

On the one hand, I appreciate the simplification of complex processes as they're far easier to understand, what with being simpler and all.

On the other hand.... I hate what happens when I learn more about it.

Initial Impression "Oh, it works like this because of X, Y and Z evidence!"
Simple Explanation of Process "I was wrong. It works like that because of K, L, and M evidence."
Groking of Process "... so, it works like this because of K, L, M, X, Y and Z evidence that I misunderstood at first. So I was right while being completely wrong. Huh."
heuristically_alone wrote:I want to write a DnD campaign and play it by myself and DM it myself.
heuristically_alone wrote:I have been informed that this is called writing a book.

User avatar
Sungura
When life gives you banananas, make bananana bread
Posts: 3928
Joined: Sat Jan 12, 2008 2:32 am UTC
Location: AL

Re: Fleeting/Random/Thoughts (Random like the plague)

Postby Sungura » Mon Apr 26, 2010 7:34 pm UTC

Yeah, I know whatcha mean. Works better in some cases than others.

I mean, they still teach you chemistry all wrong in high school. HIGH SCHOOL. Then correct it in college. Electron orbitals aren't that hard to understand correctly, you'd think they could teach those right the first time.

...maybe this should be a rant.
"Would you rather fight a Sungura-sized spider or 1000 spider-sized Sunguras?" -Zarq
she/<any gender neutral>/snug

User avatar
HarleyQuinn
Posts: 618
Joined: Sun Aug 03, 2008 11:53 am UTC
Location: Nothingtown
Contact:

Re: Fleeting/Random/Thoughts (Random like the plague)

Postby HarleyQuinn » Mon Apr 26, 2010 7:43 pm UTC

6 days!
19 days!
Leftover Chinese food!

All awesome things.
Magnanimous wrote:I used to be really into nostalgia a few years ago. Man, those were the days.

User avatar
Link
Posts: 1419
Joined: Sat Mar 07, 2009 11:33 am UTC
Location: ᘝᓄᘈᖉᐣ
Contact:

Re: Fleeting/Random/Thoughts (Random like the plague)

Postby Link » Mon Apr 26, 2010 7:48 pm UTC

Sungura wrote:[snip] (it is keratin and jazz) [/snip]
Wait, jazz makes your skin wrinkly?

User avatar
SlyReaper
inflatable
Posts: 8015
Joined: Mon Dec 31, 2007 11:09 pm UTC
Location: Bristol, Old Blighty

Re: Fleeting/Random/Thoughts (Random like the plague)

Postby SlyReaper » Mon Apr 26, 2010 7:54 pm UTC

Link wrote:
Sungura wrote:[snip] (it is keratin and jazz) [/snip]
Wait, jazz makes your skin wrinkly?


Apparently not...

Image

Image

Image
Image
What would Baron Harkonnen do?

User avatar
You, sir, name?
Posts: 6983
Joined: Sun Apr 22, 2007 10:07 am UTC
Location: Chako Paul City
Contact:

Re: Fleeting/Random/Thoughts (Random like the plague)

Postby You, sir, name? » Mon Apr 26, 2010 8:03 pm UTC

HarleyQuinn wrote:6 days!
19 days!
Leftover Chinese food!

All awesome things.


25 days old leftover Chinese food? I hope you enjoy your food poisoning.
I edit my posts a lot and sometimes the words wrong order words appear in sentences get messed up.

jerome_bc
Posts: 365
Joined: Wed Dec 12, 2007 1:12 pm UTC
Location: above
Contact:

Re: Fleeting/Random/Thoughts (Random like the plague)

Postby jerome_bc » Mon Apr 26, 2010 9:03 pm UTC

How to horribly fail a baguette in one easy step:
-Don't use a rolling pin to shape it

Huge picture:
Spoiler:
Image

User avatar
You, sir, name?
Posts: 6983
Joined: Sun Apr 22, 2007 10:07 am UTC
Location: Chako Paul City
Contact:

Re: Fleeting/Random/Thoughts (Random like the plague)

Postby You, sir, name? » Mon Apr 26, 2010 10:50 pm UTC

1. Download the music from Jaws onto your MP3 player.
2. Take the bus, make sure to sit in the front-most seat so you have a good look out of the front window.
3. Put (1) on repeat
4. Pretend the bus is chasing the car in front of you.
I edit my posts a lot and sometimes the words wrong order words appear in sentences get messed up.

User avatar
Fin Archangel
Posts: 597
Joined: Wed May 07, 2008 12:42 am UTC
Location: in ur base, killing ur doodz
Contact:

Re: Fleeting/Random/Thoughts (Random like the plague)

Postby Fin Archangel » Mon Apr 26, 2010 10:51 pm UTC

You, sir, name? wrote:1. Download the music from Jaws onto your MP3 player.
2. Take the bus, make sure to sit in the front-most seat so you have a good look out of the front view.
3. Put (1) on repeat
4. Pretend the bus is chasing the car in front of you.


What happens when the bus stops?
Spoiler:
Image

User avatar
TaintedDeity
Posts: 4003
Joined: Sun Feb 10, 2008 7:22 pm UTC
Location: England;

Re: Fleeting/Random/Thoughts (Random like the plague)

Postby TaintedDeity » Mon Apr 26, 2010 11:09 pm UTC

Death.
Ⓞⓞ◯


Return to “General”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 12 guests