Hifaleetin' thoughts

Things that don't belong anywhere else. (Check first).

Moderators: Moderators General, Prelates, Magistrates

User avatar
Zohar
COMMANDER PORN
Posts: 8533
Joined: Fri Apr 27, 2007 8:45 pm UTC
Location: Denver

Re: Fleeting/Random Thoughts

Postby Zohar » Sun Mar 16, 2008 1:44 pm UTC

LOLPorn. "I can haz flavor?"

How has this not been done yet? Or am I simply behind the times?
Mighty Jalapeno: "See, Zohar agrees, and he's nice to people."
SecondTalon: "Still better looking than Jesus."

Not how I say my name

User avatar
thecommabandit
Posts: 1884
Joined: Sun Aug 05, 2007 6:25 pm UTC
Location: Manchester, UK
Contact:

Re: Fleeting/Random Thoughts

Postby thecommabandit » Sun Mar 16, 2008 2:59 pm UTC

I was just given a slice of cheddar with chocolate-covered cherries cheese.

That was unpleasant.
Image

User avatar
Cheese
and spam. (Euggh)
Posts: 3909
Joined: Mon Jul 02, 2007 2:04 pm UTC
Location: ¿burning you?

Re: Fleeting/Random Thoughts

Postby Cheese » Sun Mar 16, 2008 4:02 pm UTC

Shizo wrote:
wing wrote:Is yours with or without HDMI? Apparently the new HDMI-enabled ones are much more bulletproof.
Probably without. I got it around launch. I'm actually surprised it lasted this long.
My friend got one about two weeks after launch (he just failed to get one on launch dayj), and it only broke down a few months ago.
I think he got his console back within about three weeks, though.

Eon_Enigma wrote:Cool hearing test!
...an interesting way to do it, and useful, but I really hate these adverts (which trick you into doing something in an attempt to make you feel guilty). There was one about giving blood on the radio here recently... and I hate it.
hermaj wrote:No-one. Will. Be. Taking. Cheese's. Spot.
Spoiler:
LE4dGOLEM wrote:Cheese is utterly correct on all fronts.
SecondTalon wrote:That thing that Cheese just said. Do that.
Meaux_Pas wrote:I hereby disagree and declare Cheese to be brilliant.
Image

User avatar
Shizo
Posts: 736
Joined: Thu Feb 01, 2007 4:12 am UTC
Location: almost-Canada
Contact:

Re: Fleeting/Random Thoughts

Postby Shizo » Sun Mar 16, 2008 7:55 pm UTC

Cheese wrote:he got his console back within about three weeks, though.


FFUUUUUUUUUCCK
Image

User avatar
Aleril
Le Rail
Posts: 2279
Joined: Thu Oct 18, 2007 5:06 pm UTC
Location: Don't make me slap you.

Re: Fleeting/Random Thoughts

Postby Aleril » Sun Mar 16, 2008 8:12 pm UTC

Eon_Enigma wrote:Cool hearing test!


Image

IT'S A TRAP!
Image

elminster
Posts: 1560
Joined: Mon Feb 26, 2007 1:56 pm UTC
Location: London, UK, Dimensions 1 to 42.
Contact:

Re: Fleeting/Random Thoughts

Postby elminster » Sun Mar 16, 2008 10:02 pm UTC

Eon_Enigma wrote:Cool hearing test!


I myself am headed to bed now.

:(
Image

Eon_Enigma
Posts: 28
Joined: Sun Feb 24, 2008 7:06 am UTC

Re: Fleeting/Random Thoughts

Postby Eon_Enigma » Sun Mar 16, 2008 10:20 pm UTC

Hmm that bad? It really creped me out when the girl started talking to tell the truth.


What was the one on the radio about?
Flying purple monkeys of death love apples?

User avatar
Cheese
and spam. (Euggh)
Posts: 3909
Joined: Mon Jul 02, 2007 2:04 pm UTC
Location: ¿burning you?

Re: Fleeting/Random Thoughts

Postby Cheese » Sun Mar 16, 2008 10:43 pm UTC

...something along the lines of:
"Hi, it's Becky here (yes, little girl voice - stereotypically cute and truthful, even though most of the little girlies I've known have been perfectly capable of being little bitches), and emm... I was just wondering... well, you know how it is with life and things, but I was wondering if you could maybe pop by, just if you've got time and all that, but anyway if you could just pop by and give blood?" There's then an older woman explaining 'Becky's situation' or whatever.

...It's really quite annoying. If you can't convince people to give blood with regular adverts, I doubt you'll manage much better with something like this - and just for the record, a friend and I plan to go to the blood donor centre in Edinburgh sometime soon after my birthday (as he's a day older than me), as we'll both be seventeen (the lowest age at which they'll accept donors here). This ad had nothing to do with this decision.
hermaj wrote:No-one. Will. Be. Taking. Cheese's. Spot.
Spoiler:
LE4dGOLEM wrote:Cheese is utterly correct on all fronts.
SecondTalon wrote:That thing that Cheese just said. Do that.
Meaux_Pas wrote:I hereby disagree and declare Cheese to be brilliant.
Image

Cassi
Posts: 1950
Joined: Tue Aug 28, 2007 4:53 pm UTC
Location: England.

Re: Fleeting/Random Thoughts

Postby Cassi » Sun Mar 16, 2008 10:55 pm UTC

I have an appointment to donate blood on the 28th. It makes me feel like a good person. (Less so because I'm 18 so could have started donating over a year ago but never quite got around to looking into it...)
une see wrote:Cass, YOU are my favorite!

NMcCoy
Posts: 390
Joined: Sun Jul 23, 2006 4:25 pm UTC
Location: Portland, OR

Re: Fleeting/Random Thoughts

Postby NMcCoy » Mon Mar 17, 2008 12:11 am UTC

Last time I checked I didn't meet the weight requirements.
Image

Cassi
Posts: 1950
Joined: Tue Aug 28, 2007 4:53 pm UTC
Location: England.

Re: Fleeting/Random Thoughts

Postby Cassi » Mon Mar 17, 2008 12:18 am UTC

There is a definite possibility of my iron levels being too low, but there's no way of knowing until I go, really. So here's hoping they aren't...
une see wrote:Cass, YOU are my favorite!

User avatar
Zug-Zug
Posts: 150
Joined: Sun Feb 24, 2008 7:53 pm UTC

Re: Fleeting/Random Thoughts

Postby Zug-Zug » Mon Mar 17, 2008 12:18 am UTC

I wonder what a near death experience would feel like?
Image

User avatar
Aperfectring
Posts: 252
Joined: Fri Sep 07, 2007 3:47 am UTC
Location: Oregon (happily)

Re: Fleeting/Random Thoughts

Postby Aperfectring » Mon Mar 17, 2008 12:59 am UTC

I hate migraines. However, after the pain relief (Excedrin is the only thing that works) kicks in, I get this really strange feeling. It is sort of like a medium buzz, but my mind is fairly clear, and there is none of the general tiredness associated with drinking. It triggers some interesting hallucinations.

Todays hallucination: An emu wearing a smock, smoking a pipe, and a kangaroo wearing scrubs, eating a kiwi.
Odds are I did well on my probability exam.

User avatar
Shizo
Posts: 736
Joined: Thu Feb 01, 2007 4:12 am UTC
Location: almost-Canada
Contact:

Re: Fleeting/Random Thoughts

Postby Shizo » Mon Mar 17, 2008 1:42 am UTC

Hehe, Virtual Haircuts are cool.
Image

User avatar
Unicyclist
Posts: 241
Joined: Fri Feb 08, 2008 3:54 am UTC
Location: THIS is my title, top dogs.
Contact:

Re: Fleeting/Random Thoughts

Postby Unicyclist » Mon Mar 17, 2008 3:01 am UTC

Aperfectring wrote:I hate migraines. However, after the pain relief (Excedrin is the only thing that works) kicks in, I get this really strange feeling. It is sort of like a medium buzz, but my mind is fairly clear, and there is none of the general tiredness associated with drinking. It triggers some interesting hallucinations.

Todays hallucination: An emu wearing a smock, smoking a pipe, and a kangaroo wearing scrubs, eating a kiwi.


Sure you took enough?
don't plow that beautiful field!

User avatar
Shizo
Posts: 736
Joined: Thu Feb 01, 2007 4:12 am UTC
Location: almost-Canada
Contact:

Re: Fleeting/Random Thoughts

Postby Shizo » Mon Mar 17, 2008 5:27 am UTC

Being operated on without anesthetics would be cool. A minor one, I don't think I could handle an organ transplant or something of that sort.
Image

User avatar
Zak
Posts: 2230
Joined: Sun Dec 16, 2007 7:25 am UTC
Location: In the making.

Re: Fleeting/Random Thoughts

Postby Zak » Mon Mar 17, 2008 5:30 am UTC

Does a cavity drilling w/o novacain count?
*waggles eyebrows*

++$_
Mo' Money
Posts: 2370
Joined: Thu Nov 01, 2007 4:06 am UTC

Re: Fleeting/Random Thoughts

Postby ++$_ » Mon Mar 17, 2008 6:08 am UTC

F&RT: I swear that over the weekend, while I wasn't posting at all, my postcount increased by 10.

User avatar
thecommabandit
Posts: 1884
Joined: Sun Aug 05, 2007 6:25 pm UTC
Location: Manchester, UK
Contact:

Re: Fleeting/Random Thoughts

Postby thecommabandit » Mon Mar 17, 2008 1:23 pm UTC

Cheese wrote:...something along the lines of:
"Hi, it's Becky here (yes, little girl voice - stereotypically cute and truthful, even though most of the little girlies I've known have been perfectly capable of being little bitches), and emm... I was just wondering... well, you know how it is with life and things, but I was wondering if you could maybe pop by, just if you've got time and all that, but anyway if you could just pop by and give blood?" There's then an older woman explaining 'Becky's situation' or whatever.

...It's really quite annoying. If you can't convince people to give blood with regular adverts, I doubt you'll manage much better with something like this - and just for the record, a friend and I plan to go to the blood donor centre in Edinburgh sometime soon after my birthday (as he's a day older than me), as we'll both be seventeen (the lowest age at which they'll accept donors here). This ad had nothing to do with this decision.

Likewise, the blood donor adverts we have in Wales are all "I needed eight blood transfusions when I gave birth to my daughter. If people didn't give blood, I wouldn't be here today" And they keep emphasising "today". Again, like you, the adverts haven't persuaded me; I plan to donate some blood after my 17th, although I'll have to do it fairly quickly since I'll be going to Malaysia a few days later and they probably wouldn't want by blood for a while after that, what with all the tropical nasties and all.

An organ donor card will be also be acquired when I can remember to find out the details.
Image

User avatar
Aleril
Le Rail
Posts: 2279
Joined: Thu Oct 18, 2007 5:06 pm UTC
Location: Don't make me slap you.

Re: Fleeting/Random Thoughts

Postby Aleril » Mon Mar 17, 2008 4:44 pm UTC

I could never do a blood transplant. I hate the sight of needles.

Blood I am fine with, and the same with swords, knifes, halberds, etc etc. But I just cant STAND needles :x

That, and when I was with my father seeing him get his blood drawn and right before they took some of his blood via a little thing they put around your finger and it pricks it with a small needle right on the tip. Right when I saw that I said "A needle going into one of the most sensetive areas of my body? Image
Image

User avatar
Rogue5_jm
Posts: 122
Joined: Tue Feb 26, 2008 8:03 pm UTC
Location: Kent, Wa

Re: Fleeting/Random Thoughts

Postby Rogue5_jm » Mon Mar 17, 2008 5:42 pm UTC

I'd give blood if I wouldn't pass out afterwards.

So I'm weak, sue me.

User avatar
b.i.o
Green is the loneliest number
Posts: 2519
Joined: Fri Jul 27, 2007 4:38 pm UTC
Location: Hong Kong

Re: Fleeting/Random Thoughts

Postby b.i.o » Mon Mar 17, 2008 6:39 pm UTC

Shizo wrote:Hehe, Virtual Haircuts are cool.


Links to rapidshares with no explanation or warning are not.

NMcCoy
Posts: 390
Joined: Sun Jul 23, 2006 4:25 pm UTC
Location: Portland, OR

Re: Fleeting/Random Thoughts

Postby NMcCoy » Mon Mar 17, 2008 7:18 pm UTC

I feel I should remix xkcd into more stuff. Emoticons/macros/sig images/music videos, I dunno. But there's a CC license on them, I should DO something with it.

Image

(Credit where credit is due - I'm inspired by Aleril's use of the comic up there.)
Image

User avatar
Kithplana
Posts: 400
Joined: Mon May 14, 2007 11:12 pm UTC
Contact:

Re: Fleeting/Random Thoughts

Postby Kithplana » Mon Mar 17, 2008 7:21 pm UTC

Random Recollection: License plate: 5TFU***. Whoever had it probably has no idea how cool it is to get that.

User avatar
rrwoods
Posts: 1509
Joined: Mon Sep 24, 2007 5:57 pm UTC
Location: US

Re: Fleeting/Random Thoughts

Postby rrwoods » Mon Mar 17, 2008 7:29 pm UTC

Kithplana wrote:Random Recollection: License plate: 5TFU***. Whoever had it probably has no idea how cool it is to get that.

Hah, the other day I saw "RAV1337"; but the RAV was one of those tiny vertical dealies (Baltimore Ravens fan plate), so the only thing you saw from any reasonable driving distance was "***1337". Perfect.
31/M/taken/US
age/gender/interest/country

Belial wrote:The sex card is tournament legal. And I am tapping it for, like, six mana.

User avatar
Jessica
Jessica, you're a ...
Posts: 8337
Joined: Tue Oct 23, 2007 8:57 pm UTC
Location: Soviet Canuckistan

Re: Fleeting/Random Thoughts

Postby Jessica » Mon Mar 17, 2008 9:15 pm UTC

I want to go home and sleep.
I may in fact drink instead, as it is the 17th of march. But I really want to sleep.
doogly wrote:On a scale of Mr Rogers to Fascism, how mean do you think we're being?
Belial wrote:My goal is to be the best brain infection any of you have ever had.

User avatar
Insignificant Deifaction
Small Goddess
Posts: 3729
Joined: Fri Jun 29, 2007 2:14 am UTC
Location: Through the mother@#$%ing looking glass.

Re: Fleeting/Random Thoughts

Postby Insignificant Deifaction » Mon Mar 17, 2008 9:27 pm UTC

Fleeting Thought: Ow. . .

Incidentally, I acquired this head-ache promptly after wearing impairment goggles for 3~ seconds.
Belial wrote:You are giving me the tools to sodomize my vast imagination, and for this I am grateful.

PM Me, if you care for a chat.

User avatar
thecommabandit
Posts: 1884
Joined: Sun Aug 05, 2007 6:25 pm UTC
Location: Manchester, UK
Contact:

Re: Fleeting/Random Thoughts

Postby thecommabandit » Mon Mar 17, 2008 9:35 pm UTC

Impairment goggles? Sounds slightly like something for the Fetish Thread.
Image

User avatar
SecondTalon
SexyTalon
Posts: 26519
Joined: Sat May 05, 2007 2:10 pm UTC
Location: Louisville, Kentucky, USA, Mars. HA!
Contact:

Re: Fleeting/Random Thoughts

Postby SecondTalon » Mon Mar 17, 2008 9:38 pm UTC

rrwoods wrote:
Kithplana wrote:Random Recollection: License plate: 5TFU***. Whoever had it probably has no idea how cool it is to get that.

Hah, the other day I saw "RAV1337"; but the RAV was one of those tiny vertical dealies (Baltimore Ravens fan plate), so the only thing you saw from any reasonable driving distance was "***1337". Perfect.



....

I know the owners of Kentucky Plates - HAXOR, YTMND, and PWNED.

.....
heuristically_alone wrote:I want to write a DnD campaign and play it by myself and DM it myself.
heuristically_alone wrote:I have been informed that this is called writing a book.

Dr. Canadian Ninja
Posts: 188
Joined: Fri Jan 25, 2008 4:21 am UTC

Re: Fleeting/Random Thoughts

Postby Dr. Canadian Ninja » Mon Mar 17, 2008 9:39 pm UTC

RT: I got Rickrolled twice in the space of five minutes. Once by my MP3 player (I didn't even think it was there) and then immediately after getting into my car and turning on the radio.

Since there was no computer nearby, I felt compelled to do the physical Rickrolling myself. I don't know whether I should be amused or ashamed. Leaning towards amused.
SecondTalon wrote:Know what I hate? The complete lack of electric bass guitar in Baroque stuff. I mean, come on!

User avatar
Insignificant Deifaction
Small Goddess
Posts: 3729
Joined: Fri Jun 29, 2007 2:14 am UTC
Location: Through the mother@#$%ing looking glass.

Re: Fleeting/Random Thoughts

Postby Insignificant Deifaction » Mon Mar 17, 2008 10:03 pm UTC

Ick no, they're supposed to simulate the impaired vision of the heavily un-sober.
Belial wrote:You are giving me the tools to sodomize my vast imagination, and for this I am grateful.

PM Me, if you care for a chat.

User avatar
Unicyclist
Posts: 241
Joined: Fri Feb 08, 2008 3:54 am UTC
Location: THIS is my title, top dogs.
Contact:

Re: Fleeting/Random Thoughts

Postby Unicyclist » Mon Mar 17, 2008 10:46 pm UTC

Insignificant Deification wrote:Fleeting Thought: Ow. . .

Incidentally, I acquired this head-ache promptly after wearing impairment goggles for 3~ seconds.

Insignificant Deification wrote:Ick no, they're supposed to simulate the impaired vision of the heavily un-sober.


Bet it's really a hangover.
don't plow that beautiful field!

User avatar
Rogue5_jm
Posts: 122
Joined: Tue Feb 26, 2008 8:03 pm UTC
Location: Kent, Wa

Re: Fleeting/Random Thoughts

Postby Rogue5_jm » Mon Mar 17, 2008 10:53 pm UTC

Insignificant Deification wrote:Ick no, they're supposed to simulate the impaired vision of the heavily un-sober.


I had so much fun with those when I got ahold of a pair.

Unfortunately ACTUALLY being drunk is a lot less fun.

User avatar
SecondTalon
SexyTalon
Posts: 26519
Joined: Sat May 05, 2007 2:10 pm UTC
Location: Louisville, Kentucky, USA, Mars. HA!
Contact:

Re: Fleeting/Random Thoughts

Postby SecondTalon » Mon Mar 17, 2008 11:06 pm UTC

Impairment Goggles are to Inebriation as Microsoft Flight Simulator 4 is to flying a Learjet.

Technically accurate visually on the large details, and that's about it. No fine details and definitely no sensations of actually doing it.
heuristically_alone wrote:I want to write a DnD campaign and play it by myself and DM it myself.
heuristically_alone wrote:I have been informed that this is called writing a book.

User avatar
Aperfectring
Posts: 252
Joined: Fri Sep 07, 2007 3:47 am UTC
Location: Oregon (happily)

Re: Fleeting/Random Thoughts

Postby Aperfectring » Tue Mar 18, 2008 12:06 am UTC

Unicyclist wrote:
Aperfectring wrote:I hate migraines. However, after the pain relief (Excedrin is the only thing that works) kicks in, I get this really strange feeling. It is sort of like a medium buzz, but my mind is fairly clear, and there is none of the general tiredness associated with drinking. It triggers some interesting hallucinations.

Todays hallucination: An emu wearing a smock, smoking a pipe, and a kangaroo wearing scrubs, eating a kiwi.


Sure you took enough?

Considering that the hallucinations have been going in and out all day today, yes. I have a feeling that I am just getting sick.

RQ: Is it weird that I rarely, if ever, get sick enough that I can't get out of bed? I do get sick, but just become extremely loopy and have really weird thoughts pop into my head periodically.

RT: Since I am starting to get sick, that presentation I have tomorrow, which I haven't prepared for could be fairly interesting.
Odds are I did well on my probability exam.

User avatar
Flying Betty
Posts: 1147
Joined: Tue Jul 10, 2007 9:25 am UTC
Location: Next Tuesday

Re: Fleeting/Random Thoughts

Postby Flying Betty » Tue Mar 18, 2008 12:29 am UTC

My kitty sometimes feels compelled to lick my plate when I'm done with it. Apparently he doesn't like raspberry vinaigrette. It was amusing.
Belial wrote:The future is here, and it is cyberpunk as hell.

User avatar
'; DROP DATABASE;--
Posts: 3284
Joined: Thu Nov 22, 2007 9:38 am UTC
Location: Midwest Alberta, where it's STILL snowy
Contact:

Re: Fleeting/Random Thoughts

Postby '; DROP DATABASE;-- » Tue Mar 18, 2008 1:19 am UTC

Must... not... fall in love... with... awesome girl... in Atlanta... must... resist...
poxic wrote:You suck. And simultaneously rock. I think you've invented a new state of being.

User avatar
benjhuey
Posts: 3328
Joined: Sat Sep 08, 2007 2:35 am UTC
Location: A collection of rocks

Re: Fleeting/Random Thoughts

Postby benjhuey » Tue Mar 18, 2008 2:42 am UTC

Random Thought: the lyrics for Comfortably Numb
多么现在棕色母牛?

User avatar
Unicyclist
Posts: 241
Joined: Fri Feb 08, 2008 3:54 am UTC
Location: THIS is my title, top dogs.
Contact:

Re: Fleeting/Random Thoughts

Postby Unicyclist » Tue Mar 18, 2008 2:45 am UTC

Multiple doctor appointments tomorrow pertaining to my marfans...
don't plow that beautiful field!

User avatar
'; DROP DATABASE;--
Posts: 3284
Joined: Thu Nov 22, 2007 9:38 am UTC
Location: Midwest Alberta, where it's STILL snowy
Contact:

Re: Fleeting/Random Thoughts

Postby '; DROP DATABASE;-- » Tue Mar 18, 2008 7:31 am UTC

benjhuey wrote:Random Thought: the lyrics for Comfortably Numb
The 5000th post in this thread. And this was my 600th. Ha.
poxic wrote:You suck. And simultaneously rock. I think you've invented a new state of being.


Return to “General”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 23 guests