Anticipation thread: What are you waiting for?

Things that don't belong anywhere else. (Check first).

Moderators: Moderators General, Prelates, Magistrates

Aleril
Le Rail

Anticipation thread: What are you waiting for?

Postby Aleril » Mon Feb 03, 2014 8:40 am UTC

What's something up that is coming that is making you excited/worried/scared/aroused/insert-emotion-here?

I have two albums that I preordered that I'm excited about: Have a Nice Life's "The Unnatural World" which should be coming in the next few days and Liars' "Mess" which is the special edition in clear vinyl and vacuum sealed string
Spoiler:
mess.jpg

I'm excited because I'll be going back to college this summer to take some electronic music and piano classes, it'll be the first time I take some classes I'm really invested in, I realized that music is my passion and I want to follow that path later last year. Plus, I've always wanted to get the lowdown on all of those fancy hardware music producers use to create the magic.

I also have about 16 concerts coming up, and I'm most excited about Skrillex this Saturday, How to Dress Well with Forest Swords in March as well as Perfect Pussy that same month. St Vincent, Neutral Milk Hotel and The Knife in April, Ben Folds in May and Arcade Fire in July.

WilliamTheConqueror

Re: Anticipation thread: What are you waiting for?

Postby WilliamTheConqueror » Mon Feb 03, 2014 2:15 pm UTC

Short term: it's supposed to snow almost a foot tomorrow! no school! (probably!)

long term: i'm going to a convention over the summer with 3 or 4 friends, to meet up with another 4 or 5 friends. it's going to be glorious. :D

edit: ben folds AND arcade fire? i'm really jealous right now.
addams wrote:Fucking Nature.

Tomlidich the second wrote:You cannot surgically graft enough middle fingers to my body to express how fed up I am with this.

pseudoidiot
Sexy Beard Man

Postby pseudoidiot » Mon Feb 03, 2014 2:44 pm UTC

What kind of convention?
Derailed : Gaming Outside the Box.
SecondTalon wrote:*swoons* I love you, all powerful pseudoidiot!
ShootTheChicken wrote:I can't stop thinking about pseudoidiot's penis.

WilliamTheConqueror

Postby WilliamTheConqueror » Mon Feb 03, 2014 3:02 pm UTC

pseudoidiot wrote:What kind of convention?

a convention of the anime variety - it's in Wichita. it's small but i've met a lot of close friends thanks to it.
addams wrote:Fucking Nature.

Tomlidich the second wrote:You cannot surgically graft enough middle fingers to my body to express how fed up I am with this.

poochyena

Postby poochyena » Tue Feb 04, 2014 1:01 am UTC

I'm waiting for an anime convention too, Kami-con

The first day of the con is on February 14th... valentines day. Its gonna be very interesting, especially since a couple is getting married there.

Essah

Postby Essah » Tue Feb 04, 2014 10:35 am UTC

going interrail around Europe in the summer. mainly France and possibly some Germany and England.
can't frickkin wait

beojan

Postby beojan » Tue Feb 04, 2014 1:31 pm UTC

Essah wrote:going interrail around Europe in the summer. mainly France and possibly some Germany and England.
can't frickkin wait

Remember to check whether the journeys you plan on making need advance seat reservations, and consider whither it would be cheaper to fly on budget airlines.

Essah

Postby Essah » Tue Feb 04, 2014 2:11 pm UTC

beojan wrote:
Essah wrote:going interrail around Europe in the summer. mainly France and possibly some Germany and England.
can't frickkin wait

Remember to check whether the journeys you plan on making need advance seat reservations, and consider whether it would be cheaper to fly on budget airlines.

for me avoiding just that is part of the whole idea. Long live spontanity and not knowing what the next day is gonna bring. Last summer I met awesome people sleeping together with them outdoor in Amsterdam. In a random hostel in Paris and in full up trains where I had to take whatever seat were left. (do remember that night trains require advance reservation though. I didn't realize but luckily they let me pay for reservation in the train itself)
you sacrifice comfort (that imo you don't really need if you're young and agile) for awesome experience and random spontaneous meets.
airlines can't really compete with the liberty of trains on a pass that can take you practically anywhere there's railway in europe.

if I seem passionate about this it's cos I am :P
I feel like more people need to try this kind of "adventure" if they haven't. (if you have and it's not your cup of tea fair enough.)

sorry for high jacking the thread.

stickler

Postby stickler » Wed Feb 05, 2014 1:27 pm UTC

Essah wrote:
beojan wrote:
can't frickkin wait

Remember to check whether the journeys you plan on making need advance seat reservations, and consider whether it would be cheaper to fly on budget airlines.

for me avoiding just that is part of the whole idea. Long live spontanity and not knowing what the next day is gonna bring. Last summer I met awesome people sleeping together with them outdoor in Amsterdam. In a random hostel in Paris and in full up trains where I had to take whatever seat were left. (do remember that night trains require advance reservation though. I didn't realize but luckily they let me pay for reservation in the train itself)
you sacrifice comfort (that imo you don't really need if you're young and agile) for awesome experience and random spontaneous meets.
airlines can't really compete with the liberty of trains on a pass that can take you practically anywhere there's railway in europe.

if I seem passionate about this it's cos I am :P
I feel like more people need to try this kind of "adventure" if they haven't. (if you have and it's not your cup of tea fair enough.)

sorry for high jacking the thread.

Beware the high speed trains going in and out of north France, we had to pay loads extra for them, because the inter-rail seats were already booked. :roll: The same probably applies to the eurostar (we flew London to Paris because it was cheaper).

Negrebskoh

Postby Negrebskoh » Fri Feb 07, 2014 2:16 pm UTC

The parts for my new PC should be at my doorstep in less than two hours. No more two-hour compilation cycles for me!

*squee*

Well, assuming I don't blow it up when I try to assemble it, of course.

Tomlidich the second

Postby Tomlidich the second » Mon Feb 10, 2014 6:44 pm UTC

Greatly anticipating next paycheck. considering the ball busting hours i have been working, it should be big enough that i can not only lay down a hefty amount on my credit cards, i can also go get me something nice.

Most likely a new pair of boots i have been ogling for years, and a rather nifty blackpowder revolver that will make for fun times. maybe even cowboy action shooting if i get good enough (though that would require the purchase of a second revolver.)

Return to “General”