Strange or even mildly amusing things about your body

Things that don't belong anywhere else. (Check first).

Moderators: Moderators General, Prelates, Magistrates

Pit

Re: Strange or even mildly amusing things about your body

Postby Pit » Thu Oct 23, 2008 6:56 am UTC

which one?
The only thing better than bacon is more bacon on it, potentially sprinkled with bacon salt.

Xoco Mint / Pit

ACU-LP

Postby ACU-LP » Thu Oct 23, 2008 9:49 am UTC

The tongue on elbow thing
I Am Raven wrote:Math is like a penis: it can be very satisfactory, but also a pain in the ass.
Red vs Blue wrote:Wash: That was the worst throw ever. Of all time.
Caboose: Not my fault. Someone put a wall in my way.

pseudoidiot
Sexy Beard Man

Postby pseudoidiot » Thu Oct 23, 2008 1:14 pm UTC

Nope. I'm pretty sure there's a few of us on the boards that can do it. I used to have a picture somewhere of me doing it, but I have no idea where it is anymore. Not sure about other people, but I seem to be able to do it because my left shoulder is double-jointed (or something) and it can bend into really odd positions; usually makes people cringe. And I can pull it out of socket at will with no pain.

Torvaun wrote:
EeveE wrote:
ACU-LP wrote:I have a (sort of) cat voice too. But they just ignore me.... :(
However, I have been told that one of the other noises I make sounds exactly like a hamster.

What kind of sound does a hamster make...?

I'm not sure, but its victims sound like this: "Aaargh, my eyes, why did it go for the eyes?!"
Also, go for the eyes, Boo!
Derailed : Gaming Outside the Box.
SecondTalon wrote:*swoons* I love you, all powerful pseudoidiot!
ShootTheChicken wrote:I can't stop thinking about pseudoidiot's penis.

SecondTalon
SexyTalon

Postby SecondTalon » Thu Oct 23, 2008 3:02 pm UTC

Go for the eyes!...did he just say "Raisk"?

Anyway, there's nothing really that unusual about my body that I care to discuss here, other than the number of scars I have. I'm accident prone.
heuristically_alone wrote:I want to write a DnD campaign and play it by myself and DM it myself.
heuristically_alone wrote:I have been informed that this is called writing a book.

DementedBread

Postby DementedBread » Thu Oct 23, 2008 6:29 pm UTC

i've been told that when i crack my neck it's really loud.
i can do it only occasionally though...
it's very amusing to pretend to kill myself by breaking my neck since it sounds like the neck-breaking sound in the movies. and then i rise like a zombie and people run away...
and i'm serious about the last part.... people do run away from me after my resurrection. :|

Angua
Don't call her Delphine.
Location: UK/[St. Kitts and] Nevis Occasionally, I migrate to the US for a bit

Postby Angua » Fri Oct 24, 2008 2:22 pm UTC

My toes can spread out pretty wide, seriously, I can pick up a tennis ball with them. I have a birthmark that covers my right thumb and part of other fingers on my right hand (it also spreads up my arm to my neck and down my back and a bit of my front, I also have a strawberry/port wine one on my hp which looks like Australia). It's basically just thick skin, and so I can touch very hot things for a while with it before the heat filters through to my nerves, and the skin doesn't seem to burn. It then feels warm for about 5 minutes afterwards. My thumbs don't match (probably because of the birthmark), which is kind of cool. And as one leg is longer than the other (14mm) I can make myself visibly taller and shorter. Hmmm, that's about it I think.
Crabtree's bludgeon: “no set of mutually inconsistent observations can exist for which some human intellect cannot conceive a coherent explanation, however complicated”
GNU Terry Pratchett

sunami

Postby sunami » Thu Oct 30, 2008 11:49 pm UTC

Binks wrote:Opening myt jaw too widely (To test unhinged jaws from this thread, for instance) produces a sever cramp in my neck and jaw. The only way I now to alleviate it is to stare upwards for a few seconds. I'd find out what causes it or alternate ways to fix it, but every time I try I become panicked..... :oops:

I can open my jaw too widely, though I never do it on purpose due to the fact that it hurts.. a lot, just about always happens when I yawn. Whenever it happens I never really know what to do and the pain sort of goes away over about 5 minutes, I'll try looking up next time, heh.

While I am right handed, I shoot pool left-handed. Attempts at shooting pool right-handed lead to failure.

Lanth wrote:I can whistle while breathing in. It doesn't actually feel that weird, I just breathe in with my mouth in the same position as exhale-whistling.

Put me in the category of being able to do this too. I can easily whistle at a higher pitch while breathing in than out, I sort of assumed it was common since, as you state, the mouth position is the same you're just breathing in instead of out.
"You heard it here first: all my software is shitty."

Peripheral_Epiphany

Postby Peripheral_Epiphany » Mon Nov 03, 2008 4:22 am UTC

I have a ton of freckles on the top parts (palm down) of my arms.

The right side of my ribs protrude a little bit, so I have a strange bump on my chest

I have two mega scars on the sides of my left arm, as well as plates and pins - thank you bike riding accident.

I can bend my thumbs back onto my hands so that my thumb is behind the first knuckle of my index finger and can rest there without having to be hold

I can crack all my toes just by moving them

I have long eyelashes, and I guess they grow fast or something because they are always irritating my eyes, so I sort of grab a handful and slowly pull...I end up shedding a few eyelashes a week like that.
Another fun phrase I'm kicking around right now
is peripheral epiphany
an epiphany on the side
while you're pondering the great mysteries of life
you realize that you hate syrup

ACU-LP

Postby ACU-LP » Mon Nov 03, 2008 6:15 am UTC

Peripheral_Epiphany wrote:I can crack all my toes just by moving them

I have long eyelashes, and I guess they grow fast or something because they are always irritating my eyes, so I sort of grab a handful and slowly pull...I end up shedding a few eyelashes a week like that.
Ditto to both.
Also, I have a vitamin d deficiency (or so I have been told), which causes me to have bumpy skin.... :(
Apparently you cant fix the deficiency either.
I Am Raven wrote:Math is like a penis: it can be very satisfactory, but also a pain in the ass.

Encarnacion

Postby Encarnacion » Mon Nov 03, 2008 6:29 am UTC

Hey, I can do those too! (well, minus the Vitamin D deficiency part)

I have almost perfect turn-out, so I can make this (>) turn into this (<), if one considers this a schematic of feet in which the heels of the feet touch but the person is always facing the same way. I'm kinda working on the turning-my-feet-backwards-all-the-way part.
Also while sitting cross-legged, I can watch my pulse on my ankle. It sometimes tickles. I would like to get an acupuncture needle with a flag attached to the not-pointy end and watch the flag wave to the beat of my pulse.
Oh, and I have a birthmark that looks like an incomplete "OM" symbol.
More "Fun with skin", When it is very cold, my skin gets all pited, and when I am not cold I can temporarily write stuff on my skin with random dullish sharp objects, as the area scratched gets white but the rest gets red.
My fingernails also grow with slight ridges.

ACU-LP

Postby ACU-LP » Mon Nov 03, 2008 6:31 am UTC

My fingernails are unsually tough and sharp. I use them to cut the tape on boxes at work. If my brother and I wrestle, he often ends up losing blood due to lots of small cuts.

Snicklefrits

Postby Snicklefrits » Mon Nov 03, 2008 6:50 am UTC

I have an extra lumbar vertibrae due to a deformity with my coccyx, and my right hip bone is fused to my spine. It makes me stiff and sore, so it's hard to bend or to sit in one position for a long time (like long car trips). But on the plus side, it did get me out of my last year of gym class.

kinigget

Postby kinigget » Mon Nov 03, 2008 9:13 pm UTC

I've got a couple.

My eyes change colors, (at least according to the few people who have looked closely at my eyes.)
I can pop my elbow by flexing my arm.
I can pop all my knuckles by making a fist.
And I have a vein in my left hand that I can sometimes cause to (I think) roll over a bone, it feels weird.
The Mighty Thesaurus wrote:I can tell from his word choice that he is using his penis to type.

Steax wrote:I think the courts are kinda busy right now. Something about cake and due process.

Not A Raptor

Postby Not A Raptor » Mon Nov 03, 2008 9:25 pm UTC

M.qrius wrote:I can yell really high and loud. I first thought this was normal, but that no one ever did it. But apparently I can yell higher than most females. It sounds like whistling on one's fingers, except without the fingers. And in my throat, not with my tongue. It hurts the ears of people nearby. But not mine.

I can do that too. It also fucks with people's ears over the internet.
Van wrote:I like simple games.

Like Wizardry.

WARNING: Is acting like NaR.
Kellsbells: NAR is a sillypants
Not_A_Raptor: :p
Kellsbells: That is my expert assessment

Seda

Postby Seda » Tue Nov 04, 2008 1:16 am UTC

I've always had a dent in the top of my skull. I have no idea where it came from, its been there as long as I can remember. I love creeping my friends out with it.

"Feel my head-dent!"
Aum

Cherry Kiss
¡This cheese is burning me!

Postby Cherry Kiss » Tue Nov 04, 2008 1:57 am UTC

Seda wrote:I love creeping my friends out with it.

"Feel my head-dent!"

LOL! my left eye socket has a weird little indention. its as if its a piece chipped off. though when thinking about it, i beleive when i was little i tripped over my shoes and hit my face on the coffee table. maybe thats what happened. what if the bone shard is still in my head? weird. but yeah my friends think i am weird because one of my eye sockets in nice and smooth and round like the other one, or everyone elses for that matter.
What they call love is a risk,
'Cause you will always get hit
Out of nowhere by some wave
And end up on your own.

The Scyphozoa

Postby The Scyphozoa » Tue Nov 04, 2008 3:13 am UTC

My mom used to like to count all the small moles (or "freckies" as she calls them) on my body. I used to have about 15 in total. Now I have at least 15 on each arm. :shock:

(I love that smilie.)
3rdtry wrote:If there ever is another World War, I hope they at least have the decency to call it "World War 2: Episode One"

doogly wrote:murder is a subset of being mean

Peripheral_Epiphany

Postby Peripheral_Epiphany » Thu Nov 06, 2008 1:51 am UTC

Cherry Kiss wrote: LOL! my left eye socket has a weird little indention. its as if its a piece chipped off. though when thinking about it, i beleive when i was little i tripped over my shoes and hit my face on the coffee table. maybe thats what happened. what if the bone shard is still in my head? weird. but yeah my friends think i am weird because one of my eye sockets in nice and smooth and round like the other one, or everyone elses for that matter.

Definite possibility. I sheared a chip of bone off my left collar bone, and it's still somewhere in that area, just kind of hanging out.
Another fun phrase I'm kicking around right now
is peripheral epiphany
an epiphany on the side
while you're pondering the great mysteries of life
you realize that you hate syrup

luketheduke
Sour Kraut

Postby luketheduke » Sun Nov 09, 2008 1:22 am UTC

I sometimes get cramps in the base of my mouth, like, just beneath the tongue.

In school holidays my feet and then legs used to begin to hurt from lack of oxygen from lack of blood circulation from lack of me not sitting at the computer (pathetic, I know).

My feet definitely have different sizes, varyingly. usually the right shoe is too small, but sometimes it's also the left one. Also, I believe the smallest toe on my right foot will be resorbed by the body soon.
(Or at least the toenail will _come off_. Glad to see a lot of you people can live without them)

My eyes change colors

I really wonder how this works. the second claim of this in the thread if I haven't skipped anything (which I have :P ).
As long as I know how to love / I know I'll stay alive /
'cause I've got all my life to live / and I've got all my love to give / and I'll survive /
I will survive

SecondTalon
SexyTalon

Postby SecondTalon » Sun Nov 09, 2008 1:40 am UTC

It's an illusion. The color of the light, the color of the clothes worn and the dilation of the pupil can make the eye appear to be different colors, especially when the eye color is a light color, like a light blue or hazel.
heuristically_alone wrote:I want to write a DnD campaign and play it by myself and DM it myself.
heuristically_alone wrote:I have been informed that this is called writing a book.

ACU-LP

Postby ACU-LP » Sun Nov 09, 2008 1:53 am UTC

SecondTalon wrote:It's an illusion. The color of the light, the color of the clothes worn and the dilation of the pupil can make the eye appear to be different colors, especially when the eye color is a light color, like a light blue or hazel.
From green to blue to brown and anywhere inbetween? Thats one hell of an illusion.

SecondTalon
SexyTalon

Postby SecondTalon » Sun Nov 09, 2008 1:58 am UTC

If someone with blue or brown eyes tells you that their eyes change color daily or depending on their mood to the other (Blue to brown) they're full of shit.

If they're saying they were born with blue eyes and now have brown, that's perfectly normal. Eye color can actually change over long periods of time or due to disease. It doesn't change according to mood or clothing worn.

Now, if someone with a hazel or grey eye tells you their eyes turn brown or blue or whatever when they're in a certain mood.. that might be *sorta* true, in that the pupil does change dilation based on mood, and the eye color can appear to shift due to eye dilation.

kinigget

Postby kinigget » Sun Nov 09, 2008 2:13 am UTC

My family tells me that my eyes are anywhere from green to blue to grey. depending on who you talk to. My mom insists that they're grey, My sister says they're green. Or is it the other way around? anyway, they have both said that my eyes appear to change color. And I'm inclined to believe them, if only based on rule of cool.
The Mighty Thesaurus wrote:I can tell from his word choice that he is using his penis to type.

Steax wrote:I think the courts are kinda busy right now. Something about cake and due process.

Feer

Postby Feer » Sun Nov 09, 2008 2:29 am UTC

The tendons going to the fingers on my left wrist are clearly visible, especially when I raise my wrist and bend my fingers you can see how they rise up and stretch the skin around them.
AngrySquirrel <3

Ashi

Postby Ashi » Sun Nov 09, 2008 3:56 am UTC

Some of these sound... yummy.

I've a few.
First, I have Raynaud's Disease, which is annoying.
My veins are pretty prominent, which can be good for donating blood.
My blood pressure is really low, about 100/60.
My body doesn't heal right when I get cuts, so when I scar I get keloid scars, but they're mild compared to some. (Warning: Do not Google Image keloid after eating.)
Lastly, I have 5 wisdom teeth. That will be fun to get removed.
BomanTheBear wrote:Do not go looking for the stupidest thing ever said on the internets.

You might find it. Then it will be too late to help you.

SecondTalon
SexyTalon

Postby SecondTalon » Sun Nov 09, 2008 3:57 am UTC

Ashi wrote:First, I have Raynaud's Disease, which is annoying.

So, how often do you get "Oh, been painting?"

Ashi

Postby Ashi » Sun Nov 09, 2008 4:04 am UTC

SecondTalon wrote:
Ashi wrote:First, I have Raynaud's Disease, which is annoying.

So, how often do you get "Oh, been painting?"

Haha, fortunately, mine's a bit more subtle in appearance, and more splotchy, so it just freaks people out that the color of my skin is off when it's cold.
BomanTheBear wrote:Do not go looking for the stupidest thing ever said on the internets.

You might find it. Then it will be too late to help you.

Torvaun

Postby Torvaun » Sun Nov 09, 2008 4:52 am UTC

So, I GIS'd keloid. I was doing fine, too, up until I ran into the picture of the giant perineal keloid.
Hawknc wrote:I don't know if you've never heard of trolling, or if you're just very good at it.

Jeremy Y.

Postby Jeremy Y. » Sun Nov 09, 2008 6:20 am UTC

I'm really unproportined. My arms are a couple inches longer then most peoples, reaching down to my thighs easily. I have very long legs, big feet, big hands, and a short torso. Added on to the fact that I'm rather underweight, I look really funny. Heh.

gleeb
Location: The coat-tails of his younger, more powerful friends.

Postby gleeb » Sun Nov 09, 2008 6:35 am UTC

I have a subluxation of my right shoulder, meaning that it is (mostly) permanently out of it's socket. It is still perfectly usable. I can do heavy lifting, but I can make some people ill with the sight of it.

wst

Postby wst » Sun Nov 09, 2008 10:16 am UTC

:( A doctor I asked about my freaky fingers said that there's nothing wrong with the 'bending backwards at the second joint' thing. It gets irritating when I try to bend my fingers normally and find that some have locked in the 'bent slightly backwards' position, especially as it always happens at the time that I need fine motor control (ie. shooting).
IT also means that I haven't been able to hold my fingers in the 'straight' position for that past year, give or take a month. They're either locked backwards or bent forwards, but they won't stay straight.
Anything I said pre-2014 that you want to quote me on, just run it past me to check I still agree with myself.

Spudgun

Postby Spudgun » Sun Nov 09, 2008 11:47 pm UTC

I Am Raven wrote:Argon, however, is poisonous...

No it's not.

Paranoid__Android

Postby Paranoid__Android » Mon Nov 10, 2008 12:05 am UTC

I have these random parallel lines across my back, they look like scars but they arent.

only noticed them a few weeks ago. :|
The Great Hippo wrote:Paranoid__Android,
... truly, you are a champion among champions. ...

nightlina
Location: Probably at work... in Australia. Therefore I post while you sleep.

Postby nightlina » Mon Nov 10, 2008 12:34 am UTC

SecondTalon wrote:if someone with a hazel or grey eye tells you their eyes turn brown or blue or whatever when they're in a certain mood.. that might be *sorta* true, in that the pupil does change dilation based on mood, and the eye color can appear to shift due to eye dilation.

lol - I have Green eyes :D Or Grey eyes... or Hazel eyes...... kinda depends on the brightness of the room, so yeah, I'd say it's due to pupil dilation.

I call them green, cos green eyes and blonde hair is just awesome lol.

As to other freaky things.. I'm kinda boring... the one kinda interesting thing is that my pointer finger is only marginally longer than my pinkies - with middle finger longest and ring finger 2nd longest (about 5mm shorter)...

Most people seem to have pointer fingers and ring fingers at a similar length so they get freaked out when they look at mine :D According to palmistry this means I tend to lead with humour and jokes rather than seriousness...

Seda

Postby Seda » Mon Nov 10, 2008 1:02 am UTC

nightlina wrote:As to other freaky things.. I'm kinda boring... the one kinda interesting thing is that my pointer finger is only marginally longer than my pinkies - with middle finger longest and ring finger 2nd longest (about 5mm shorter)...

Most people seem to have pointer fingers and ring fingers at a similar length so they get freaked out when they look at mine.

My ring finger's 2nd longest as well, but nobody seems weirded by it.
Aum

TheKrikkitWars

Postby TheKrikkitWars » Mon Nov 10, 2008 9:08 am UTC

My little toes both got broken, and folded under the ones next to them, resulting in the weirdest feet ever.

My Body is short and my inseam long 36", resulting in a "womanly figure" :p

I don't scar much, even my thumb reattachment is just a tiny white bump of scaring now (11 years on)

After exposure to chlorinated water (pool strength) my eyes turn a shade of brilliant lime green, rather than their more sedate emerald/forest green hue
Great things are done when Men & Mountains meet,
This is not Done by Jostling in the Street.

suffer-cait
Yes, that's my perfectly normal house cat, why do you ask?

Postby suffer-cait » Mon Nov 10, 2008 9:31 am UTC

TheKrikkitWars wrote:My little toes both got broken, and folded under the ones next to them, resulting in the weirdest feet ever.

so not the wierdest feet ever, look up chinese foot binding

TheKrikkitWars wrote:After exposure to chlorinated water (pool strength) my eyes turn a shade of brilliant lime green, rather than their more sedate emerald/forest green hue

this is something i neeeeed to see. pictures of before and after please.

speaking of body porportions...my torso is extreamly long and my legs are short. this results in dress code affecting me a lot less than others. the finger-tip rule? my fingers end about an inch below my crotch. my butt is also 4 dress sizes larger than my waist.
ImageImageImageImageImage

Wright

Postby Wright » Mon Nov 10, 2008 1:16 pm UTC

I have a random blonde patch of hair, as this one area didn't change when the rest of my hair did (naturally) which is supposedly very noticeable.
I also have a neck twitch which often creates a large cracking noise in various parts of my neck.
If you get glitter on you, be prepared to have it on you forever. Glitter is the herpes of craft supplies.

mochafairy

Postby mochafairy » Mon Nov 10, 2008 3:30 pm UTC

I can bleed for days and not die. I can alsomake more of myself :twisted:

oh wait...that's not very unique...
"YES. DO IT WITH CONFIDENCE" ~fortune cookie

Cherry Kiss
¡This cheese is burning me!

Postby Cherry Kiss » Mon Nov 10, 2008 3:45 pm UTC

gleeb wrote:I have a subluxation of my right shoulder, meaning that it is (mostly) permanently out of it's socket. It is still perfectly usable. I can do heavy lifting, but I can make some people ill with the sight of it.

oOo i have never met anyone else who has is too! mines not bad but i have it on both sides. its not visible unless i tighten up my deltoid. when i was little i thought it was normal. i didn't know that it was actually something wrong until i was in high school on the weightlifting team. hahaha
What they call love is a risk,
'Cause you will always get hit
Out of nowhere by some wave
And end up on your own.

Return to “General”