Strange or even mildly amusing things about your body

Things that don't belong anywhere else. (Check first).

Moderators: Moderators General, Prelates, Magistrates

animeHrmIne

Re: Strange or even mildly amusing things about your body

Postby animeHrmIne » Mon Mar 22, 2010 5:09 am UTC

One of my eye sockets is bigger than the other. It's not so bad that you notice right away, but it's definitely there when you look. And my ears are uneven, one is higher than the other. So my glasses are crooked on my face.

If I hadn't had my first lower incisors pulled when I was little, I would have two rows -- my second set came in alternating in front of and behind the baby teeth, which would have only shifted slightly. I also still have pretty sharp canines, enough that they can be considered "fangs". My top front incisors chip really easily, but they're serrated so it's hard to tell.

I have a scar from a burn I never felt -- I was making rolls in a culinary class in school, and I guess I tapped the top of the oven with my hand, below my thumb and above my wrist. I didn't notice until I looked down and the area was red with a white spot. It was a normal burn, no blistering or anything, but I never felt it.

I have the three freckles on my wrist that look like Orion's Belt. It's like a natural bracelet. I'm also convinced that I have a constellation on my shoulder, because I remember noticing it in seventh grade when we were studying them, but I can't figure out which it was.

I have two birthmarks -- one small square on my hip, and one blotch on my hand that is so light it only shows up when I'm tan.

I have stretchmarks on my knees, and I have no clue where they come from. I also have two scars -- one from riding my bike the time I broke my foot, and one from a motor scooter accident.

I'm abnormally hairy for a girl -- if I wanted my legs to be smooth, I would have to shave twice a day. So, I just shave right before swimming or dances, and even then I'm prickly within hours.

I used to have a sort of innie-outie. the top part of my belly button stuck out, and the bottom came in. It went away at about 13 years old.
I wanted to see the universe, so I stole a Time Lord and ran away. And you were the only one mad enough.
Biting's excellent! It's like kissing, only there's a winner.
-Sexy

folkhero

Postby folkhero » Mon Mar 22, 2010 5:36 am UTC

animeHrmIne wrote:I have the three freckles on my wrist that look like Orion's Belt. It's like a natural bracelet. I'm ALSO YOU GUYS: convinced that I have a constellation on my shoulder, because I remember noticing it in seventh grade when we were studying them, but I can't figure out which it was.

This sounds like it would be a good line for when you meet a sexy astronomer, or if you aren't that lucky, a sexy astrologer.
To all law enforcement entities, this is not an admission of guilt...

animeHrmIne

Postby animeHrmIne » Mon Mar 22, 2010 1:12 pm UTC

folkhero wrote:
animeHrmIne wrote:I have the three freckles on my wrist that look like Orion's Belt. It's like a natural bracelet. I'm ALSO YOU GUYS: YOU GUYS: convinced that I have a constellation on my shoulder, because I remember noticing it in seventh grade when we were studying them, but I can't figure out which it was.

This sounds like it would be a good line for when you meet a sexy astronomer, or if you aren't that lucky, a sexy astrologer.

That's the plan ;)

I just remembered that I have freckles on my lips as well. Not just around my lips, but actually on my lips. And my little brother and I have a single freckle on the bottom of our feet.
I wanted to see the universe, so I stole a Time Lord and ran away. And you were the only one mad enough.
Biting's excellent! It's like kissing, only there's a winner.
-Sexy

Aardvarki

Re: Strange or even mildly arousing things about your body

Postby Aardvarki » Wed Mar 24, 2010 4:11 pm UTC

I too have central heterochromia (light blue/bluish green on the center, to very dark blue at the outside of my iris - mine look very similar to abitha's but less brown at the middle and darker blue at the outside), as well as a tonic pupil (one pupil doesn't contract as well as the other, so my right pupil is generally larger than my left - it's most noticeable when i move from a dark room into a light one), so i've got weird eyes. My eyelashes are also pretty long and thick for a guy. Every girl i've ever dated has wanted to put mascara on me, and i've been accused more than once of wearing mascara (I don't! Really!).

I can also wiggle my ears.

I know this thread is about bodies rather than minds, but I can do a handful of neat things with my brain. I can calculate the doomsday rule for pretty much any date in under 30 seconds, and my mental math is fast enough that for years my nickname was "The Human Calculator". I'm no Kim Peek (RIP) but I'm still pretty quick.

Funny story about mental math - I used to be a cashier during my high school days, and to keep my brain occupied I would tell customers their change before I typed it into the register. One guy paid with a $100 bill and I told him his change as I took the bill from him and he commented "Huh, its neat that the register knows how much change I'm going to get without you typing anything", to which I replied "No, I just can do the math quickly in my head". His response "Yeah, SURE you can, no one can do math that complex that quickly". ....Uhhhh, wut!?
-Aa
Weeks wrote:The only Dexter I really know is the one with the lab

Koneke

Postby Koneke » Wed Mar 24, 2010 5:42 pm UTC

I can put both of my legs behind my neck. On top of that, I do it HANDSFREE.
Also I can bend my fingers backwards until they touch the back of my hand.

Coffee

Postby Coffee » Wed Mar 24, 2010 6:20 pm UTC

One of my feet is bigger than the other. Didn't know that until I got fitted for some nice boots.
Far away boys, far away boys, away from you now.
I'm lying with my sweetheart, in her arms I'll be found.

Nemiro

Postby Nemiro » Wed Mar 24, 2010 11:27 pm UTC

Coffee wrote:One of my feet is bigger than the other. Didn't know that until I got fitted for some nice boots.

Unless we're talking pretty noticeably bigger, that's quite common afaik.

I have a fair number of random scars, some of which I'd say should have been quite painful to get... I have no recollection of where I got any of them.
Joshua wrote:GREETINGS, PROFESSOR FALKEN.

Spam here please

You, sir, name?

Postby You, sir, name? » Wed Mar 24, 2010 11:46 pm UTC

I have a small rash on my eyelid. It's an an-noying place to have a rash.
I edit my posts a lot and sometimes the words wrong order words appear in sentences get messed up.

Wyvern

Postby Wyvern » Fri Mar 26, 2010 12:37 pm UTC

RoadieRich wrote:It ALSO YOU GUYS: causes pectus excavatus

That's pretty odd. I've got the opposite: pectus carinatum

It's one of the reasons why I have crappy stamina. It's funny though, I just always thought that people's chests were normally shaped that way for the longest time. It's still weird to me to see that most are flat, and not round.

I Am Raven

Postby I Am Raven » Sun May 23, 2010 6:22 pm UTC

Koneke wrote:I can put both of my legs behind my neck. On top of that, I do it HANDSFREE.
Also I can bend my fingers backwards until they touch the back of my hand.

:o

Nemiro wrote:I have a fair number of random scars, some of which I'd say should have been quite painful to get... I have no recollection of where I got any of them.

+1
Ptolom wrote:penis

Veora

Postby Veora » Mon May 24, 2010 11:41 am UTC

One of my eyes is blue the other eye is blue, but has a small streak of brown in it :D
<Witty and funny signature here>

ftarp

Postby ftarp » Mon May 24, 2010 5:08 pm UTC

I can lick my elbow, I can bend both legs behind my head, and I can bend the end joint of my left ring finger independently of the middle one.
And yes, I can perform autofellatio. :oops:

TheKrikkitWars

Postby TheKrikkitWars » Tue May 25, 2010 11:54 pm UTC

I've had an itchy arsecrack for weeks now, so after the shower I photographed it, and lo and behold I have a mole that's turned a wierd shape, palpatating it, its quite raised and hard.

I'm booking a doctors appointment tomorrow morning, not looking forward to it this is embarrasing enough; and I need a dermatology refferal for my right hand and wrist. :(
Great things are done when Men & Mountains meet,
This is not Done by Jostling in the Street.

a_fuzzyduck

Postby a_fuzzyduck » Wed May 26, 2010 9:01 am UTC

My ribcage goes inwards. That is all
wkw
"GRAPHICS WERE NOT AS GOOD IN THE PAST BUT WE WERE HAPPIER AND MORE INNOCENT THEN" - every retro gaming review, ever

JonR

Postby JonR » Wed May 26, 2010 1:15 pm UTC

not sure if these have been said

all mens nipples are exactly nine inches apart.

your eyeballs never grow bigger - so when you're born, with small head, small ears, nose, mouth etc, you have adult sized eyes.

your hands and ears continue to grow bigger, for your entire life - hence why old people have really big hands, and really big ears.

you can't touch your left elbow with your left hand.
"I thought you had Kings!" - boy did I laugh.

nyeguy

Postby nyeguy » Wed May 26, 2010 7:41 pm UTC

JonR wrote:all mens nipples are exactly nine inches apart.

Umm... No, they are proportional to your body.

kernelpanic

Postby kernelpanic » Wed May 26, 2010 7:49 pm UTC

Mine are 10.

JonR wrote:you can't touch your left elbow with your left hand.

Isn't that obvious? In that case, I bet you can't look at one eye with the other.
I'm not disorganized. My room has a high entropy.
Bhelliom wrote:Don't forget that the cat probably knows EXACTLY what it is doing is is most likely just screwing with you. You know, for CAT SCIENCE!

SecondTalon
SexyTalon

Postby SecondTalon » Wed May 26, 2010 8:52 pm UTC

JonR wrote:your hands and ears continue to grow bigger, for your entire life - hence why old people have really big hands, and really big ears.

Ears and noses, not hands. Otherwise, you'd eventually be able to touch your left elbow with your left hand.

Also, did you know that you can't kick your left knee with your left foot? Try it! Try kicking both your knees at the same time and see if you can not fall down! If you aren't holding on to anything, I assure you, you will fall.
heuristically_alone wrote:I want to write a DnD campaign and play it by myself and DM it myself.
heuristically_alone wrote:I have been informed that this is called writing a book.

JonR

Postby JonR » Thu May 27, 2010 11:18 am UTC

kernelpanic wrote:

Mine are 10.

that's just wrong.

It Should Be Real
Ninja Sauce Container

Postby It Should Be Real » Thu May 27, 2010 11:22 am UTC

JonR wrote:
kernelpanic wrote:

Mine are 10.

that's just wrong.

It's all lies. We measured Whelan's nipple separation and 'tis a mere 7 inches.

Whelan

Postby Whelan » Thu May 27, 2010 11:24 am UTC

We needed a larger sample; Ptolm's are also 7 inches apart.

The more you know!
"I like to be understood whenever I open my mouth; I have a horror of blinding people with science"- Richard Dawkins
Weeks wrote:
TaintedDeity wrote:And all I get is this tame space dragon. Where's my recognition?!
A tame dragon is its own reward.

JonR

Postby JonR » Thu May 27, 2010 11:36 am UTC

if I place my hand flat on the table, and then bend my middle finger to rest the second knuckle flat - I can't then move my ring finger on it's own, without aid from the other hand.

[ETA] - I can look at one eye with the other - I just use a mirror.

TaintedDeity

Postby TaintedDeity » Thu May 27, 2010 1:10 pm UTC

Nobody can do that, JonR. That's due to the way the hand is made.
Also, my nipples are 8 inches apart.
Ⓞⓞ◯

DSenette

Postby DSenette » Thu May 27, 2010 9:01 pm UTC

i've got "finger toes", they're all really long. i've been able to successfully pick up change that is laying flat on the floor with my toes.

i can lock the first joint on all of my fingers

i can dislocate my toes at will

my shoulders dislocate when i sleep

when i get over exerted, the skin on my stomach gets freezing cold to the touch (even if it's boiling hot outside). it's been cold enough before that when i took a shower after working out (and getting the cold belly) that the water was noticeably colder by the time it reached my feet after passing over said frozen stomach skin.
The Righteous Hand Of Retribution
"The evaporation of 4 million who believe this crap would leave the world an instantly better place." ~Andre Codresu (re: "the Rapture")

cpp789

Postby cpp789 » Thu May 27, 2010 10:21 pm UTC

I can dislocate my left thumb, bend all of my fingers at the last joints, form the "live long and prosper salute" with both hands, and snap with my big toes.

Also, I can wiggle my index fingers. This might not seem too hard, but I've only met one other person with this ability. Begin by interlocking your fingers, then extend both index fingers such that they lie flat against one another. Next, wiggle your index fingers to the left and right in order to create a standing wave. The tips shouldn't move much. It's mesmerizing if done quickly enough.

Put me down for 8.25" between nipples.

solarion

Postby solarion » Sun May 30, 2010 12:44 am UTC

I have a small dark oval birthmark on my leg, out of which abnormally thick leg hair is growing.

I also do this burp/hiccup noise sometimes which people always tend to burst out laughing at. I'd get a recording somehow but it's unpredictable and infrequent.

Dave_Wise

Postby Dave_Wise » Sun May 30, 2010 12:46 am UTC

I have a huge mole on my arse.
The future is always bright. Bombs generate quite substantial amounts of illumination
-a friend.

Sasha

Postby Sasha » Mon Jun 28, 2010 7:16 pm UTC

So, I know I have posted here before, but I have a few more:
When my hair is dirty and it gets wet, it smells like burning tires.
When it's clean and gets wet, it smells like fresh-cut cedar wood.
On one hand, I have "nintendo thumb", where the thumb is sort of cramped into a position for the direction-pad on the GBA, and on the other hand, I have "accordion player's thumb". The thumb sticks up at an odd angle, from the way I hold my accordion.
Marbas wrote:I'll usually jump from one strange thought to the next, such gems as: "I wonder if bears get depressed", "I think the sun is unnecessarily smug" and so on.

Oregonaut

Postby Oregonaut » Mon Jun 28, 2010 7:42 pm UTC

I have tri-color hair naturally, red, blonde, and brown.

I have eyes that change color over time (not daily/hourly, but over longer periods of time, months or longer).

My hands are not set "normally" on my wrists, according to my doctors. They've never been broken/sprained, but for some reason they are noticeably turned so that my palms are closer to facing each other when my arms are on a flat surface. This was discovered after a military bone doctor was diagnosing my shoulder injury and asked me to lay my arms flat (he was looking at my hands), I told him I was, and he measured and gave me some odd name for it.

I have one big kidney instead of two smaller ones.

And, in keeping with trends, my nipples are 12 inches apart.
- Ochigo the Earth-Stomper

The EGE wrote:
Mumpy wrote:And to this day, librarians revile Oregonaut as the Antichrist.

False! We sacrifice our card catalogues to him in the name of Job Security!

Essah

Postby Essah » Mon Jun 28, 2010 9:38 pm UTC

my stumach and throat makes wierd sounds... when i have air in my stumach

Whelan

Postby Whelan » Mon Jun 28, 2010 10:05 pm UTC

When hungry enough, I can cause my stomach to rumble.
"I like to be understood whenever I open my mouth; I have a horror of blinding people with science"- Richard Dawkins
Weeks wrote:
TaintedDeity wrote:And all I get is this tame space dragon. Where's my recognition?!
A tame dragon is its own reward.

The Scyphozoa

Postby The Scyphozoa » Mon Jun 28, 2010 11:45 pm UTC

Oregonaut wrote:I have one big kidney instead of two smaller ones.

Okay, that's just weird.
3rdtry wrote:If there ever is another World War, I hope they at least have the decency to call it "World War 2: Episode One"

doogly wrote:murder is a subset of being mean

DSenette

Postby DSenette » Tue Jun 29, 2010 12:23 pm UTC

i can vomit on command, like a vulture
The Righteous Hand Of Retribution
"The evaporation of 4 million who believe this crap would leave the world an instantly better place." ~Andre Codresu (re: "the Rapture")

SiimN

Postby SiimN » Tue Jun 29, 2010 1:46 pm UTC

A quarter of my right eye is brown instead of gray which is fitting because my surname means 1/4 (one fourth)

Oregonaut

Postby Oregonaut » Tue Jun 29, 2010 2:18 pm UTC

The Scyphozoa wrote:

Okay, that's just weird.

Which would be why I put it in there. The theme of the thread being what it is. :D
- Ochigo the Earth-Stomper

The EGE wrote:
Mumpy wrote:And to this day, librarians revile Oregonaut as the Antichrist.

False! We sacrifice our card catalogues to him in the name of Job Security!

TaintedDeity

Postby TaintedDeity » Tue Jun 29, 2010 2:55 pm UTC

Oregonaut wrote:
The Scyphozoa wrote:

Okay, that's just weird.

Which would be why I put it in there. The theme of the thread being what it is. :D
My nan has 2 normal kidneys with an extra mini kidney branching off on one side.
Ⓞⓞ◯

existential_squirrrel

Postby existential_squirrrel » Tue Jun 29, 2010 5:31 pm UTC

most joint locks to the wrist, fingers, elbow, and shoulder don't hurt me... apparently my wrists, fingers, and elbows are more flexible than the average person in my TKD class

I can only cross one eye when I go cross-eyed
I have unusually steep corneas

I can kick a 6 foot tall guy in the head without stretching beforehand.

I cannot move my kneecaps very far... even when my legs are completely relaxed

I can lick my elbows and pick my nose with my tongue
courage is about knowing when to pick yourself up and whisper to yourself, "I will try again tomorrow"
http://http://stats.free-dc.org/cpidtagb.php?cpid=f0b63432195be1a8665b08c414e36545&theme=12&cols=1

Arancaytar

Postby Arancaytar » Tue Jun 29, 2010 6:49 pm UTC

My body is able to transmute coffee into code, but that isn't exactly an uncommon superpower.

As far as visual marks go, I have a hairy patch on the back of my neck as well as a scar on my left leg (from a glass plate; roughly a year ago).
"You cannot dual-wield the sharks. One is enough." -Our DM.

laurawaters

Postby laurawaters » Tue Jun 29, 2010 7:21 pm UTC

without sounding too freakish my left side of my jaw bone is out of place which isnt all that noticeable until some really good friend points it out.
i also have webbed toes which is pretty cool.. not a good swimmer though.

Dark Avorian

Postby Dark Avorian » Tue Jun 29, 2010 9:02 pm UTC

I can move the tendon of my right middle knuckle so it flips off the knuckle, I can raise either eyebrow on command...I have a huge scar on my leg from where a large mole was removed!
The 62-foot tall statue of Jesus constructed out of styrofoam, wood and fiberglass resin caught on fire after the right hand of the statue was struck by lightning.

meatyochre wrote:And yea, verily the forums crowd spake: "Teehee!"

Return to “General”