Most Frustrating Thing Thread

Things that don't belong anywhere else. (Check first).

Moderators: Moderators General, Prelates, Magistrates

KicktheCAN
v "This used to be my penis!"

Most Frustrating Thing Thread

Postby KicktheCAN » Wed Sep 12, 2007 11:45 pm UTC

What is the most frustrating thing that ever happened/happens to you? It can be anything from something other people do to something about yourself.

None of you will probably understand this but mine has to be the inability to speak. I do not just mean having a sore throat or something I mean the actual inability to process thought into words. This happens to me sometimes for reasons I will not go into here because you do not want to hear it and is the most frustrating thing ever. So anyways ON TO THE THREAD, post your own.
pollywog is awesome, that is all.
Addendum: Sethicus is also cool to the maximum.

Akira: i prefer monster black-man cocks.
Hoags: It's getting all 2vreks1CAN in here

Will
There are about a million things I can do from behind

Postby Will » Wed Sep 12, 2007 11:57 pm UTC

When I realize that I am acting or thinking irrationally, and am unable to do anything about it. This is the cause of most of the problems in my life...

Grlmm
Would like to buy a vowel

Postby Grlmm » Thu Sep 13, 2007 12:00 am UTC

Being caught in the loop of "oh hey, since your father beat you, the whole world is out to get you" so then you sit around and your muscles atrophy a little. So THEN the reason you don't go out is "I can't move."

It rollercoasters every 9 months or so. Real fun, if you ask me.

Is that too deep for a forum site? Cause that's about the only frustrating thing I got going for me.

KicktheCAN

Postby KicktheCAN » Thu Sep 13, 2007 12:25 am UTC

Grlmm wrote:Is that too deep for a forum site? Cause that's about the only frustrating thing I got going for me.

Not at all. Although I am curious as to how that is a loop, I mean how does being physically weak and not going out lead on to think about how your father beat you? Unless of course you just mean the general introspection which comes from being alone.

Bakemaster
pretty nice future dick

Postby Bakemaster » Thu Sep 13, 2007 12:43 am UTC

The flood of "post about a thing with $parameters" threads in General.
c0 = 2.13085531 × 1014 smoots per fortnight
"Apparently you can't summon an alternate timeline clone of your inner demon, guys! Remember that." —Noc

NinjaArcana

Postby NinjaArcana » Thu Sep 13, 2007 1:22 am UTC

Hmm, the my awareness of some bots that have just recently posted crap in the fora.

Khonsu

Postby Khonsu » Thu Sep 13, 2007 1:30 am UTC

Bakemaster wrote:The flood of "post about a thing with $parameters" threads in General.
Then post content you like. That's the beauty of a user-based system. Don't just complain to complain. ;3

Shadow Tyrant

Postby Shadow Tyrant » Thu Sep 13, 2007 1:37 am UTC

This girl insists she's my friend, but all we do is disagree, get in fights, and don't talk for a week, then she apologizes and it just starts over. I wish she would just stop talking to me.
Trade your old video games for new ones with Goozex!

Bakemaster
pretty nice future dick

Postby Bakemaster » Thu Sep 13, 2007 1:39 am UTC

Khonsu wrote:
Bakemaster wrote:The flood of "post about a thing with $parameters" threads in General.
Then post content you like. That's the beauty of a user-based system. Don't just complain to complain. ;3

But I like to kvetch!
c0 = 2.13085531 × 1014 smoots per fortnight
"Apparently you can't summon an alternate timeline clone of your inner demon, guys! Remember that." —Noc

iknoritesrsly

Postby iknoritesrsly » Thu Sep 13, 2007 1:42 am UTC

In the past week?

I ordered a bluetooth usb dongle and a bluetooth headset on the Monday before this last one. It's now almost Thursday a week and a half later, and I just got the dongle yesterday--still no bluetooth headset in sight.

Hate the USPS.
Diogenes was once asked what he thought of Socrates. "A madman," he replied.
Later, Plato was asked what he thought of Diogenes. "A Socrates gone mad," he replied.
Diogenes ridiculed Plato for being long-winded.

KicktheCAN

Postby KicktheCAN » Thu Sep 13, 2007 1:48 am UTC

iknoritesrsly wrote:In the past week?

I ordered a bluetooth usb dongle and a bluetooth headset on the Monday before this last one. It's now almost Thursday a week and a half later, and I just got the dongle yesterday--still no bluetooth headset in sight.

Hate the USPS.

I was looking more for "In your whole life" so it is not just a clone of the annoying things today thread. As in something about yourself or society in general that bothers you.

ifeedlions

Postby ifeedlions » Thu Sep 13, 2007 3:09 am UTC

I was going to post something annoying, but then I saw iknoritesrsly's post and giggled my ass off because he said "Dongle."

....Hehe, dongle.
Let me fall out of the window, with confetti in my hair...

Cai

Postby Cai » Thu Sep 13, 2007 3:15 am UTC

I have broken many controllers in video game frustrations, but I haven't really played games in a few years. I think most frustrating in my life has been the step between being close friends with a girl and actually dating the girl. I find it very irritating to have both parties express feelings for each other, yet there still ends up being some sort of weird period in between where you're not exactly together but sort of are.
Dreamers never live, only dream of it.
first.am

sunkistbabe1

Re: Most Frustrating Thing Thread

Postby sunkistbabe1 » Thu Sep 13, 2007 3:38 am UTC

Honestly, the most frustrating thing I have encountered is forums! lol

But so far I am really liking this one!

Before I had gone on some forums that would have a lot of other moms and there sure are some crazies out there. This one forum had a couple women who were adamant about never staying home a second with their children and wanted to work after they had kids. If they want to work, fine, not my place to say otherwise. But then they start going on about how any woman who stays home is basically teaching their daughters how to depend on men for the rest of their lives blah blah blah.

This is also the same forum (and same crazy person) who was proud to be making more than her husband because she got the 'veto power' in her marriage. She got to drive the newer car and force her husband to take the older one. She got to veto what restaurant they would go to... etc.

I had to stop going to this forum when the world practically ended for these ladies when they found i printed my own wedding invites and thank you cards instead of handwriting everything out. Apparently I have horrible friends who didn't mind this either, and we are all very rude people, who have no place in society.

SMASH SMASH SMASH

^ face on keyboard.
- Sunkist -

Vandole

Re: Most Frustrating Thing Thread

Postby Vandole » Thu Sep 13, 2007 3:57 am UTC

sunkistbabe1 wrote:Long story

Wow. I feel sorry for their husbands, children, and any immediate family that has to deal with any of those women.

Definitely I am frustrated by my fear of new situations, especially involving relationships. It paralyses me in this rut, and it takes a lot of deliberation to rationalize getting out of it. Even if I have never had a horrible situation happen, I still get so anxious. Moving away is going to be tough.
Vandole wants you to read An Intimate History of the Greater Kingdom (NSFW text).
Oh, I'm no end table. I'm a nightstand.
Gelsamel wrote:Don't ever sig me..... ever.

Ptera

Postby Ptera » Thu Sep 13, 2007 4:00 am UTC

I hate it when I go to another room for a specific purpose (or hell, even just across the room), and totally forget why I went there in the first place. It happens all the freaking time, and I'm only 25!

Berge

Postby Berge » Thu Sep 13, 2007 4:01 am UTC

Someone hit the nail on the head earlier when they were talking about being irrational, knowing they're being irrational and not being able to do anything about it.

Sunkist, your avatar and my sig are gonna go make out for a while, kay?

sunkistbabe1

Postby sunkistbabe1 » Thu Sep 13, 2007 4:06 am UTC

Berge wrote:Someone hit the nail on the head earlier when they were talking about being irrational, knowing they're being irrational and not being able to do anything about it.

Sunkist, your avatar and my sig are gonna go make out for a while, kay?

LOL

I thought I recognized that gate address :)

I had decided last weekend I was going to go for it and get that tattoo... that was also after I had 6 coronas while watching the UFC fight.

I'm frustrated by how hard I find it to motivate myself sometimes.
- Sunkist -

sillybear25
civilized syllabub
Location: Look at me, I'm putting a meta-joke in the Location field.

Postby sillybear25 » Thu Sep 13, 2007 4:09 am UTC

Cai wrote:I have broken many controllers in video game frustrations, but I haven't really played games in a few years. I think most frustrating in my life has been the step between being close friends with a girl and actually dating the girl. I find it very irritating to have both parties express feelings for each other, yet there still ends up being some sort of weird period in between where you're not exactly together but sort of are.

1) When other people break my video game controllers
2) The second thing Cai said. I'm stuck there right now...
This space intentionally left blank.

__Kit

Postby __Kit » Thu Sep 13, 2007 5:56 am UTC

Frustration for me is things I can't really fix.
Frustrated about the right side of my face, from when that guy hit me from behind, it still a bit swollen and I think it's ugly and I get self-conscious about it.
Going to all boys school.
Being an extremist has it's ups and downs too.
=]

pollywog
Let's party like it's my postcount

Postby pollywog » Thu Sep 13, 2007 6:09 am UTC

__Kit wrote:Being an extremist has it's ups and downs too.

But at least they're extreme ups and downs.

Probably not being able to leave school. I feel like I'm wasting my life there. To me, school is the place where I sit in a class room for 2 - 3 hours a day, then go to the library in my free periods and lunch and find out more important stuff. I mean, there are some bits of school that I love. Some of what I learn is interesting, evolution, organic chemistry, Japanese, literature, English history and the like. There's just too much boring crap in there, and everything is about tests. Ugghh.

Also, killing Duriel in Diablo 2 and receiving 550 gold and 2 healing potions.
suffer-cait wrote:hey, guys?
i'm fucking magic

Dark Ragnarok

Postby Dark Ragnarok » Thu Sep 13, 2007 10:03 am UTC

Women.

Tetelestia

Postby Tetelestia » Thu Sep 13, 2007 10:12 am UTC

My job at times. I run conference calls and communicate impact levels for broken applications for a large company. I rely on application support to establish the accurate level of impact. If they're wrong, it comes back to me because I sent the false information. That's no fun to explain. Uhh, well they said it.

TheKhakinator
the next small girl on KRNT radio

Postby TheKhakinator » Thu Sep 13, 2007 10:18 am UTC

Life.

The whole "go to school, get good grades, go to university, get degree, work for 40 years" thing.

My lack of ability to do what's good for myself when it really fucking matters.

Except the father thing. I lay some hurt down on that mufucker.

Grlmm

Postby Grlmm » Thu Sep 13, 2007 1:59 pm UTC

KicktheCAN wrote:
Grlmm wrote:Is that too deep for a forum site? Cause that's about the only frustrating thing I got going for me.

Not at all. Although I am curious as to how that is a loop, I mean how does being physically weak and not going out lead on to think about how your father beat you? Unless of course you just mean the general introspection which comes from being alone.

When all one can do but sit around and think, it tneds to bring up your life. Your thoughts, memories. You live through things.

iknoritesrsly

Postby iknoritesrsly » Thu Sep 13, 2007 3:05 pm UTC

KicktheCAN wrote:
iknoritesrsly wrote:In the past week?

Hate the USPS.

I was looking more for "In your whole life" so it is not just a clone of the annoying things today thread. As in something about yourself or society in general that bothers you.

well this isn't quite fitting for that thread either. this has happened over the span of much longer than a day. :P

you could also generalize it to, "I hate waiting on shit to arrive in the mail if it takes more than a week." but I wouldn't count that as the most annoying thing in my entire life.
Diogenes was once asked what he thought of Socrates. "A madman," he replied.
Later, Plato was asked what he thought of Diogenes. "A Socrates gone mad," he replied.
Diogenes ridiculed Plato for being long-winded.

Teshi

Postby Teshi » Thu Sep 13, 2007 3:28 pm UTC

Movies or tv shows that could have been really awesome and missed the mark and I know exactly why: Troy, Enterprise for example.

Toeofdoom
The (Male) Skeleton Guitarist

Postby Toeofdoom » Thu Sep 13, 2007 4:19 pm UTC

my brother drank all the milk this morning before I had breakfast, so I had none to put on my cereal, yet it was very frustrating that punching him wouldnt solve anything anyway. >.>
Hawknc wrote:Gotta love our political choices here - you can pick the unionised socially conservative party, or the free-market even more socially conservative party. Oh who to vote for…I don't know, I think I'll just flip a coin and hope it explodes and kills me.

Website

warhorse

Postby warhorse » Thu Sep 13, 2007 4:25 pm UTC

It frustrates me when people refuse to use their brain to think about something and blindly insist that "I can't do it" or "I'm right and you're wrong" even in the face of overwhelming evidence to the contrary.
It's OK to be social, just don't tell anyone about it.

CelticxConnections

Postby CelticxConnections » Sun Sep 16, 2007 1:21 am UTC

When people push me into an argumentive state without knowing. I generally stop talking but people keep pushing the subject and I get not so pleasent. Of course its basically the same to people who have known me for years who do this too.

My speach when I try to convay idea's I sometimes end up suddering and repeating words.

Also when I read a book faster than I can say the words aloud and it sounds like I can't read.

RealGrouchy
Nobody Misses Me As Much As Meaux.

Postby RealGrouchy » Sun Sep 16, 2007 1:22 am UTC

I'd have to say it falls somewhere between annoying users, the annoying threads they start, and the annoying posts they make on those and other threads.

Tough call, really.

Luckily, I only have to read the tread title and the first bit of the first post before making a snarky modtastic reply.

- RG>
Jack Saladin wrote:etc., lock'd
Mighty Jalapeno wrote:At least he has the decency to REMOVE THE GAP BETWEEN HIS QUOTES....
Sungura wrote:I don't really miss him. At all. He was pretty grouchy.

KicktheCAN

Postby KicktheCAN » Sun Sep 16, 2007 1:54 am UTC

iknoritesrsly wrote:well this isn't quite fitting for that thread either. this has happened over the span of much longer than a day. :P

you could also generalize it to, "I hate waiting on shit to arrive in the mail if it takes more than a week." but I wouldn't count that as the most annoying thing in my entire life.

I suck at making threads anyways, so just post whatever you want I guess.

parkaboy
who dwells between the borders of time

Postby parkaboy » Sun Sep 16, 2007 2:01 am UTC

my senior year i was in academic decathlon and during my speech, which was a historical, mythological and medical breakdown of possible explanations for vampires, i was doing really well. the judges seemed to like my unusual subject matter and presentation...

until i got to the part where i started going over how certain aspects of christianity inadvertantly supported the belief of real vampires (the regenerative properties of Christs blood, people rising from graves, etc). Apparently they did not like their Jesus fellow compared to a blood-sucking mythological creature. Their faces fell and darkened and i knew i was doomed. stupid religious people. (no offense to the stupid religious people on this forum)

Back in our day we had to walk uphill both ways through the snow on fire without feet to get fucking terrible relationship advice from disinterested and socially maladjusted nerds. Belial

sunkistbabe1

Postby sunkistbabe1 » Sun Sep 16, 2007 2:02 am UTC

RealGrouchy wrote:I'd have to say it falls somewhere between annoying users, the annoying threads they start, and the annoying posts they make on those and other threads.

Tough call, really.

Luckily, I only have to read the tread title and the first bit of the first post before making a snarky modtastic reply.

- RG>

Well, if you're gonna be on a forum that is open to the public, you have to deal with comments from the public that you might not like, or agree with. Which is why I posted forums as a thing that frustrates me. So far, the xkcd forum has been the one I liked the most, there has been very few people that I dont agree with or annoy me.... most of the time anyway.

Sooooo... if you don't wanna hear anything from 'the public', dont go on a public forum.
- Sunkist -

yellie

Postby yellie » Sun Sep 16, 2007 3:18 am UTC

Being manic depressive is one of the more frustrating things in my life. Mainly because I find my moods increasingly difficult to control and I feel awful for my friends and family who have to put up with it.

It's also pretty frustrating when you come down from a manic episode and you realise all the stupid shit you've done. But you can't do anything about it but take the medication and shut the fuck up about it.

... k didn't mean to get so bitchy about it there, haha.

Insignificant Deifaction
Small Goddess

Postby Insignificant Deifaction » Sun Sep 16, 2007 3:42 am UTC

People changing their opinion of me after learning my age.

Outright infuriating that is, and it takes quite a bit to raise my ire.
Belial wrote:You are giving me the tools to sodomize my vast imagination, and for this I am grateful.

PM Me, if you care for a chat.

KicktheCAN

Postby KicktheCAN » Sun Sep 16, 2007 3:47 am UTC

Insignificant Deification wrote:People changing their opinion of me after learning my age.

Did they previously think it was lower or higher?

Amicitia

Postby Amicitia » Sun Sep 16, 2007 3:49 am UTC

It's frustrating having no friends. :(

Ketzerei

Postby Ketzerei » Sun Sep 16, 2007 3:53 am UTC

KicktheCAN wrote:
Insignificant Deification wrote:People changing their opinion of me after learning my age.

Did they previously think it was lower or higher?

Has it already been a week since the last time you had to tell this story? How time flies.

Amicitia wrote:It's frustrating having no friends. :(

To expand on this: It's frustrating having no friends because I reject all of the potential friends I meet as "not good enough." This way I get to be frustrated over having no friends as well as frustrated at myself for it being entirely my fault.
とても嬉しかったよ
君が笑い掛けてた
全てを溶かす微笑みで

Grlmm

Postby Grlmm » Sun Sep 16, 2007 3:53 am UTC

yellie wrote:Being manic depressive is one of the more frustrating things in my life. Mainly because I find my moods increasingly difficult to control and I feel awful for my friends and family who have to put up with it.

It's also pretty frustrating when you come down from a manic episode and you realise all the stupid shit you've done. But you can't do anything about it but take the medication and shut the fuck up about it.

... k didn't mean to get so bitchy about it there, haha.

Bi-polar2. That means I get that AND abnormal highs where I don't sleep for days, eat nothing, and look like I'm high on speed.

You got it easy, bub.

And my cycle isn't regular like a woman's bleeding. No. Mine is all fucky. I can be "high" for a week, low for 3 months, "high" for another week, low for a week, medium for 3 weeks, low a day, "high" for 2 weeks.....you get the picture.

Return to “General”