For me specifically, my every-day-carry kit is:
* Wallet: Cash, Credit Cards, Health Insurance card, Dental Insurance Card, Drivers License.
* Keyring (Car keys + House Keys)
* Wristwatch (Just a cheap, battery-based Casio, upgraded to a Nylon NATO strap)
* Cell Phone
* Field Notes journal (48 pages, super light, fits in back pocket comfortably. I can sit on it all day and not notice) and Bic ballpoint pen
* Harmonica (
* Soon to be added: EDC Flashlight. I'm shocked that there are flashlights only slightly larger than AA batteries.
My "extended" carry includes a laptop bag (containing a USB-battery bank, my laptop and its charger, extra pens and pencils, my Pathfinder character sheets, my Nintendo 3DS, a spare PS4 controller, a musical tuner, and Benadryl for allergic emergencies).
I've discovered a NIMH-AA charger / USB-battery bank combo however, so depending on how that works, I might dump the USB-battery bank for a 4-pack (or maybe 8-pack) of charged NIMH-AA batteries + the AA -> USB charger instead. The AA batteries would work with both the flashlight and USB devices in theory.
I know some people carry knives, tissues, band aids... even Epi-pens. But what does everyone around here carry each day?