Screw the Nobel Peace Prize--witness Baking Soda!

Things that don't belong anywhere else. (Check first).

Moderators: Moderators General, Prelates, Magistrates

xkcdhatguy

Screw the Nobel Peace Prize--witness Baking Soda!

Postby xkcdhatguy » Sat Oct 14, 2017 4:14 am UTC

this is probably the best lifehack. and i just found a second way to apply it that works great for me (there are probably a few dozen others).

BAKING SODA. so innocuous. but it has the power to wipe out more than a few corporations! at least, if you're utilitarian-minded. the first and best application i can think of is it works perfectly as a deodorant! just wet your finger a bit and apply it to your baking soda so a small amount sticks to your finger. rub it into the armpit area and there you have it! 24 hours of no-stink. this has never failed me.

another use--ex-foliating your hair. simply lather up your hair with shampoo like usual and then apply a tablespoon of it and rub it into the scalp. the shampoo turns into (in my experience) a very frothy liquid and works to clean your hair out much better than shampoo alone! the awesome part is also what tells you it works--your hair feels as clean as a cloud! like, feel it you'll know what i mean when you do.

anyway, that's my small chink in the armor of corporate america. hopefully we can incorporate more things like thing into our daily lives so as to diminish our need for brand-name STUFF. :mrgreen:

sardia

Re: Screw the Nobel Peace Prize--witness Baking Soda!

Postby sardia » Sat Oct 14, 2017 4:31 am UTC

xkcdhatguy wrote:this is probably the best lifehack. and i just found a second way to apply it that works great for me (there are probably a few dozen others).

BAKING SODA. so innocuous. but it has the power to wipe out more than a few corporations! at least, if you're utilitarian-minded. the first and best application i can think of is it works perfectly as a deodorant! just wet your finger a bit and apply it to your baking soda so a small amount sticks to your finger. rub it into the armpit area and there you have it! 24 hours of no-stink. this has never failed me.

another use--ex-foliating your hair. simply lather up your hair with shampoo like usual and then apply a tablespoon of it and rub it into the scalp. the shampoo turns into (in my experience) a very frothy liquid and works to clean your hair out much better than shampoo alone! the awesome part is also what tells you it works--your hair feels as clean as a cloud! like, feel it you'll know what i mean when you do.

anyway, that's my small chink in the armor of corporate america. hopefully we can incorporate more things like thing into our daily lives so as to diminish our need for brand-name STUFF. :mrgreen:

Out of all the megacorps out there, the one I'm afraid of the least is big shampoo and big deodorant.
Of course, I'm biased because I just use the cheapest shampoo conditioner mix that I can buy, and I don't sweat enough to wear antiperspirant. That, and I'm in management so nobody can judge me.
Last edited by sardia on Sat Oct 14, 2017 7:19 am UTC, edited 1 time in total.

Liri
Healthy non-floating pooper reporting for doodie.

Postby Liri » Sat Oct 14, 2017 4:36 am UTC

Milk of Magnesia is a good antiperspirant if you're wanting to stick it to The Man.
He wondered could you eat the mushrooms, would you die, do you care.

morriswalters

Postby morriswalters » Sat Oct 14, 2017 11:35 am UTC

Serious Business, really? :lol:

Mutex

Postby Mutex » Sat Oct 14, 2017 2:09 pm UTC

I hear it works as toothpaste too. So we can finally shake off our shackles and stick it to Big Toothpaste! Ian Colgate will be quaking in his boots, he knows the writing is on the wall for him and his tyrannical empire.

Yeah, things that can be replaced with baking soda are hardly expensive to begin with so this isn't a big deal. Even with toothpaste, the only reason Colgate has such a monopoly is no one gives a fuck, if they started charging too much we'd switch to a competitor with barely a shrug.

Weeks
Hey Baby, wanna make a fortnight?

Postby Weeks » Sat Oct 14, 2017 2:15 pm UTC

xkcdhatguy wrote::mrgreen:
SERIOUS BUSINESS
Am I gregnant
suffer-cait wrote:One day I'm gun a go visit weeks and discover they're just a computer in a trashcan at an ice cream shop.
Quercus wrote:Agreed, but "constitutional fetishism" doesn't have that lovely alliteration between fetishism, first and fucking
rath358 wrote:I have been replaced D:

sardia

Postby sardia » Sat Oct 14, 2017 3:48 pm UTC

Mutex wrote:I hear it works as toothpaste too. So we can finally shake off our shackles and stick it to Big Toothpaste! Ian Colgate will be quaking in his boots, he knows the writing is on the wall for him and his tyrannical empire.

Yeah, things that can be replaced with baking soda are hardly expensive to begin with so this isn't a big deal. Even with toothpaste, the only reason Colgate has such a monopoly is no one gives a fuck, if they started charging too much we'd switch to a competitor with barely a shrug.
I'm just glad he wasn't peddling vinegar. I lived with one and I absolutely hated how smug they were at their inefficient vinegar use. And the whole damn place reeked of acetic acid.

Return to “General”